PDA

View Full Version : 2014 SA Champs - Non-Champs rounds

Pages : 1 2 [3]

highballin
22nd November 2014, 10:13 PM
Wow what a great day. Haven't laughed so much in ages.

But fair dinkum my partner Benno_r and me were ambushed by the Fescue Bandits Ned Kelly(coalesce) & Ranger Pete(3puttPete).

Never seen so many shots come out of someone's arse in all my life. One Minute Ned is banging from one bush to another than stiffs wedges next to the pins for 4 a lot. So Ranger Pete tag teams and hits out some stuff you would lose a small child in and puts it next to the pin.

Just for good measure Ranger Pete goes birdie, birdie on the back nine and on the Par 5 16th with Ranger Pete next to pin with a tap in birdie Ned sinks a 50ft downhill put for birdie as well. That was totally unnecessary guys the mental scarring is going to take some time to get over.

But seriously one of the best days I have had on a golf course. Let's have another great day tomorrow.:)

Chilled
22nd November 2014, 10:32 PM
But seriously one of the best days I have had on a golf course. Let's have another great day tomorrow.:)You're coming off a 38 and a 37 now, surely you can't do it again tomorrow!?? :p

highballin
22nd November 2014, 10:38 PM
Yeah well who knows either I am just coming into form or that was it and now I am on the way out of form again:?

nadg63
22nd November 2014, 10:44 PM
Ow my eyes! Hatchies pants WOW

Even brighter in reality JB!

Great to catch up with you guys today AND so glad you didn't suffer the weather that was going on in and around Adelaide.

See you in the morning, be interesting to see how bright and chirpy some of you are after your night out .... !?

Hatchman
22nd November 2014, 10:47 PM
I can't believe I got done for the days NAGA on a count back :roll:. I chopped my guts out around there today with 4 3stabs 2 lost balls snap hooking driver and one in the water going for the glory shot 2nd on the par 5 7th. This was the same hole I had my hello with a 4 foot brown.

Unlucky lie of the day goes to jimandr in the bunker on the 1st hole. Keep in mind after I took this pic the second one blew over to join the one with the ball.

A very rare moment that took until the par3 15th. All on in reg. the 2 NAGA contenders 3 stabbed.

Chilled nearly lost one in middle of fairway. We were insisting he play it as it lie but he wouldn't have it.

Hatchman
22nd November 2014, 11:06 PM
Great day today thanks all. Was good to meet everyone and put faces to names.
Had a great time with plenty of laughs.

Things I learnt today.

Peppas is not old and white :).
Peppas can hit it as wide, maybe wider than I can?
Peppas has an unusual shaft and will let anyone touch it.
Chilled continues shooting good scores at Lady Bay.
3puttpete's real name is not pete :shock:
Starting birdie, par doesn't unsure you will score well for the day.

jimandr
22nd November 2014, 11:09 PM
Not sure if I've ever seen Jim wearing any hat other than that vintage OZgolf piece.

I now have a new hat reserved strictly for Ozgolf days. A fetching bucket style number earned through recording the NAGA low score of 27 on countback from my new best friend Hatchy.

We shared a cart and lots of laughs but hardly any good golf.

It was my first time with Peppas as well. His shaft did not disappoint.

A bad golf day but a great day nevertheless.

Hatchman
22nd November 2014, 11:11 PM
Ow my eyes! Hatchies pants WOW

They burnt by any chance?

Pressures on to back it up tomorrow.

Chilled
22nd November 2014, 11:16 PM
33232Yeah the bastards wanted me to play it as it lay! lol :p That sucker was buried in that sprinkler head...wow.

Chilled
22nd November 2014, 11:21 PM
Here's Hatchy making inquiries to a Kanga and her baby as to where the heck his wayward ball went....

highballin
22nd November 2014, 11:29 PM
Great day today thanks all. Was good to meet everyone and put faces to names.

Things I learnt today

3puttpete's real name is not pete :shock:

Yeah he was messing with our heads straight away!

Hatchman
22nd November 2014, 11:30 PM
Here's Hatchy making inquiries to a Kanga and her baby as to where the heck his wayward ball went....

This was on the following hole and 10mins after my snake hello.

What can I say, I'm a card carrying member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

I think I must have bought a left handed doz pills by mistake as they just kept going to the wrong spots.

coalesce
23rd November 2014, 12:15 AM
I don't have all the scores but 3puttpete and I took out the 4BBB with 49 points. I'm pretty sure highballin and benno_r had tears in their eyes by the end

Golf is much more fun when you either wipe or get 4 points :D

highballin
23rd November 2014, 08:13 AM
I don't have all the scores but 3puttpete and I took out the 4BBB with 49 points. I'm pretty sure highballin and benno_r had tears in their eyes by the end

Golf is much more fun when you either wipe or get 4 points :D

Tears I have never seen such a sad look in a golfers eyes as Benno_r after your 5 for 2 on the par 3 17th.

3Puttpete
23rd November 2014, 09:24 AM
Just a couple of honest golfers playing perfect best ball golf

Golf clap [emoji122]

highballin
23rd November 2014, 09:57 AM
I'll pay that :)

3Puttpete
24th November 2014, 12:59 AM
A must visit on the way down to Lady Links;

http://www.yankalillabakery.com.au/

Best tip ever! Thanks Daves.

coalesce
24th November 2014, 03:15 PM
I just got back from the final non-champs round for this year at Fleurieu, hosted by highballin, with myself, benno_r and Peppas.

There was some good golf all round, with highballin winning with 41 points, me continuing my bushranger streak with another 40, and the interstaters both getting 38 each. I think we all enjoyed ourselves (tho I think benno is a bit fed up of hearing me get 4 points on a hole, or 7 for 2 - sorry!)

Aside from 1 rain shower on 16, we got away with the weather too - again! All of the courses would have been worthy of a full champs round - we are really spoilt here in SA :)

I can't wait for next year...

Chilled
24th November 2014, 03:25 PM
There was some good golf all round, with highballin winning with 41 points, me continuing my bushranger streak with another 40, and the interstaters both getting 38 each.Burglars!

There was some mighty fine scores this weekend for sure.

Peppas
24th November 2014, 03:30 PM
Some good shooting today. Thanks for hosting us Highballing at a course built for lefties! Loads of fun was had, some good banter. My final round of golf for my 9 rounds in 10 days was much like the others - all over the place. Lots of fun though and I will be back again next year if coalesce gets less double bungers :)

coalesce
24th November 2014, 03:41 PM
I'm moving on from double bungers to double burgers :)

Peppas
24th November 2014, 03:44 PM
I'm moving on from double bungers to double burgers :)

Ok but just don't bottle that anger up inside ok, you need to let it out sometime and food isn't always the answer :)

coalesce
24th November 2014, 03:46 PM
Food is always the answer, especially schnitzels

Peppas
24th November 2014, 04:23 PM
Food is always the answer, especially schnitzels

Ok big boy, good luck with your cholesterol.

nadg63
24th November 2014, 05:21 PM
So what did you think of the Fleurieu Golf Course then Peppas and Benno_r!?

Just wondering as could be a contender for one of the days play if we go to a 2-day Champs next year! ;)

benno_r
24th November 2014, 06:37 PM
Really enjoyed it, though you'd have to make sure greens are tip top for champs. They were ok today, but still coming back and very bumpy.

highballin
24th November 2014, 06:38 PM
So what did you think of the Fleurieu Golf Course then Peppas and Benno_r!?

Just wondering as could be a contender for one of the days play if we go to a 2-day Champs next year! ;)

Well Nadg they were both complaining about the course being built for left handers who fade the ball. So just to prove them wrong I hit a nice draw up the 18th two putt par easy as!:)

nadg63
24th November 2014, 06:39 PM
I just got back from the final non-champs round for this year at Fleurieu, hosted by highballin, with myself, benno_r and Peppas.

There was some good golf all round, with highballin winning with 41 points, me continuing my bushranger streak with another 40, and the interstaters both getting 38 each. I think we all enjoyed ourselves (tho I think benno is a bit fed up of hearing me get 4 points on a hole, or 7 for 2 - sorry!)

Aside from 1 rain shower on 16, we got away with the weather too - again! All of the courses would have been worthy of a full champs round - we are really spoilt here in SA :)

I can't wait for next year...

Highballin, congratulations on having such a consistent weekend of golf, I believe I am correct in that you scored 37, 38, 35 and 41 today over the four games/courses! Top effort 8)

highballin
24th November 2014, 06:42 PM
Shot of the day goes to Peppas on the second hole long par 5 massive drive then 4iron to about 10ft above the hole. Most of the 4 iron was water carry. Missed the eagle putt but it was a tough downhiller made an easy birdie8)

highballin
24th November 2014, 06:45 PM
Highballin, congratulations on having such a consistent weekend of golf, I believe I am correct in that you scored 37, 38, 35 and 41 today over the four games/courses! Top effort 8)

Thanks Nadg I was enjoying myself so much the scores just seemed to happen while not thinking about scoring.

All the interstate boys great company look forward to catching up on their home turf one day.

nadg63
24th November 2014, 06:46 PM
Really enjoyed it, though you'd have to make sure greens are tip top for champs. They were ok today, but still coming back and very bumpy.

That is regularly the main criticism of the course Benno, it's always a bit of a lottery as to what you're going to get - shame really :(

highballin
24th November 2014, 06:56 PM
Greens looked like about 2weeks since being cored. That's probably why I putted ok. They were slow and yeah bumpy on some.

benno_r
24th November 2014, 07:00 PM
I think it is a real good course in need of some TLC. Some of the bunkers looked like they needed a little work too.

Cracking layout though, well worthy of a champs round.

Hatchman
24th November 2014, 07:48 PM
I think it is a real good course in need of some TLC. Some of the bunkers looked like they needed a little work too.

Cracking layout though, well worthy of a champs round.

As nadge63 said it's a bit of a lottery on what sort of nick it's going to be in when you go there. It has the layout that puts it in the great course category but falls short with the money and man power required to keep it in top notch condition all the time.
I find this course really rewards you if your striking it well and will punishes you like an S&M Mistress if your not. I enjoy it all the same and it's one of my favourites in the state.

For a choice between Links Lady Bay and Fleurieu it's Fleurieu for me. If you want to be certain of good condition at the time it has to be LLB.

3Puttpete
4th December 2014, 08:01 PM
This went well

Thankyou