PDA

View Full Version : Anyone a topper?

gazgolf1
7th August 2014, 05:02 PM
The skinny shot has always been my bad shot and even when I'm playing well it will sneak in there and stuff my round, thin to win my arse. Anyway I'm always looking for a fix and I stumbled across this video, tried it this arvo on the range with good results, no skinnies and some really solid shots were hit. Whats everyone think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN3hMD7AfrQ&list=UUCu14_hKYN8EfiuEl2r561g

Jarro
7th August 2014, 05:04 PM
I think you think too much.

markTHEblake
7th August 2014, 05:15 PM
I used to dome a lot but its not the same reason as he said. Mine was a case of coming in from the inside too much and the compensation to avoid the drop kick would invariably result in doming it. Absolutely killed me with fairway woods.

Jarro
7th August 2014, 05:20 PM
I used to dome a lot but its not the same reason as he said. Mine was a case of coming in from the inside too much and the compensation to avoid the drop kick would invariably result in doming it. Absolutely killed me with fairway woods.

So what did you do to fix it ?

yoyo
7th August 2014, 06:36 PM
Buy new clubs

Jackson
7th August 2014, 06:57 PM
I had an issue with topping, I was overswinging and leaning towards target then leaning back on the downswing.

markTHEblake
7th August 2014, 07:11 PM
So what did you do to fix it ?

Lessons.

Coldtopper
7th August 2014, 07:12 PM
Cool thread going on here! Just checking in.

Buzz
7th August 2014, 09:21 PM
*Puts hand up with sheepish grin*

mrbluu
7th August 2014, 09:38 PM
Checking in for my first every round at Lynwood with Dotty....:(

matty
8th August 2014, 11:29 AM
Kooindah?

PeteyD
8th August 2014, 06:42 PM
Interesting day today. Not particularly applying this, but had a think about what he says in the video.

Had some issues to start with, and then something clicked. I started hitting driver as well as I ever have (since before the hip started playing up too bad before the operation). On 12 I was 77 out, and on 17 I was 63 out. 17 was wind assisted. First time I have been across the drain on 12 since before the op. hopefully it will continue and not be a flash in the pan for 1 day!

mrbluu
8th August 2014, 06:50 PM
Kooindah?

And a few holes at koonidah as well.

gazgolf1
8th August 2014, 07:25 PM
Had some issues to start with, and then something clicked. I started hitting driver as well as I ever have (since before the hip started playing up too bad before the operation). On 12 I was 77 out, and on 17 I was 63 out. 17 was wind assisted. First time I have been across the drain on 12 since before the op. hopefully it will continue and not be a flash in the pan for 1 day!

Nice Pete, I definitely think there is something to this.