PDA

View Full Version : 714 AP1 vs Cally Apex ?

yoyo
6th August 2014, 07:55 AM
Anyone hit these both (prefer side to side) and make any comments on likes/dislikes, any discernible differences, etc etc ?

I've hit the Apex, but not the AP1's, but love the look of the AP's.....

FuzzyJuzzy
6th August 2014, 09:38 AM
If you're looking at those irons, probably worth sussing out the Nike Covert 2.0 irons as well. For what it's worth, I use the 712 AP2s, which I love, but I also think the Cally Apex Pro irons look pretty awesome too. I've hot the Apex Pro, but only indoors. They feel nice...

meh
6th August 2014, 10:06 AM
I have the apex. The titlesist would have to be damn good to be better. I really like the apex, look good and very forgiving.

yoyo
6th August 2014, 11:02 AM
Hit the apex and apex pro last nite, both were great but for where my game's at right now the Apex's were better, just more forgiving and a slightly better feel thru the swing.The 714 AP1's are getting rave reviews though!I also hit the G30's last night, they were pretty nice, so easy to hit. But yeh, theres alot of material there..... Same with the g30 driver, was dropping it a long way down range but swinging it did feel a little awkward.... Again - such a huge amount of material there, felt like a gumby swinging it.

Captain Nemo
6th August 2014, 01:15 PM
I tried the Apex Pro @ PPGL last friday.
Tried it with 4 different shafts, and they felt surprisingly really good.
Ill try get a better pic/screenshot of the data when i get home?

davidw88
7th August 2014, 04:28 PM
Ordered a set of ap1's u have ap2s at the moment just after a bit more forgiveness so should be able to comment when they turn up, the apex irons look great seem to be good reviews on the internet about them.

noren
7th August 2014, 05:06 PM
I have gamed ap2 714 and apex forged. I find the apex a lot more easier to hit and way more forgiving. To me the apex has a softer feel and way longer. I gained almost 10m on each iron since using the apex.

virge666
7th August 2014, 05:17 PM
I have gamed ap2 714 and apex forged. I find the apex a lot more easier to hit and way more forgiving. To me the apex has a softer feel and way longer. I gained almost 10m on each iron since using the apex.
What shafts did you have in each club?

noren
7th August 2014, 05:22 PM
What shafts did you have in each club?
Ap2 had the ns pro 105T in reg couldn't really feel the club head.
Apex has xp95 s300. Nicely suited to club (to me anyway)

Captain Nemo
7th August 2014, 08:37 PM
Better screenshots!
Now take notice, my own club was Ping S56 with Nippon Modus, and they where not bent to my lie angle so reall they didn't work well.
The best feeling combo was with the Pro Recoil shafts, superb feeling and bloody exy!

benno_r
7th August 2014, 08:42 PM
Man, none of those can be right. Shouldn't your 6i be an internet endorsed 180+m?

Bit more info on the recoils please. I know they are graphite, but any similar feel or results to something steel?

Captain Nemo
7th August 2014, 09:01 PM
Dunno much about them Benno, sorry.
I know they feel outstanding and are bloody expensive !

Johnny Canuck
7th August 2014, 09:42 PM
I have taken one swing with a recoil and it felt outstanding.

jocker
7th August 2014, 09:58 PM
Apex and recoils are rocket ships for distance. My ap2s with r300s feel like tanks in comparison. I think you can get recoils OEM in the Apex at a big saving to aftermarket via say, PPL.

Icestorm959
7th August 2014, 10:10 PM
I don't know about Apex, but I literally gained 20 yards on each of my irons after I switched to Recoil 808 Miuras from s300 Mizunos. I actually went down in flex also, but haven't noticed any loss of accuracy.

Recoils are absolutely the bomb, yo!

Captain Nemo
7th August 2014, 10:18 PM
I don't doubt it, but they arnt cheap!!!
:)

Icestorm959
7th August 2014, 10:28 PM
I don't doubt it, but they arnt cheap!!!
:)

Don't get them from PPGL, they charge an absolute fortune for them. Get them off International Ebay.

EDIT: Just realized you were fit for the exact same shafts that I have (the 807 F3 Recoils). I will never go to something else haha.
We should organise a round at Kogarah, you can try out my irons and know what you're missing! :D

mrbluu
7th August 2014, 10:35 PM
Ap2 had the ns pro 105T in reg couldn't really feel the club head.
Apex has xp95 s300. Nicely suited to club (to me anyway)

What shafts and clubs were u using up the 10th hole at Cumberland????

noren
7th August 2014, 11:39 PM
What shafts and clubs were u using up the 10th hole at Cumberland????

Went for safety and used the 3 wood as I didn't want to land in the bunker. Took me 2 shots after to get there, but I didn't land into the bunker after my drive AS PLANNED. =P~