PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 27th Febuary

Grunt
27th February 2006, 06:43 PM
Hi again new week - new game:-D

I had another hit with a mate at Macarthur Grange this afternoon. It was an awesome game that until I was almost finished I never realised how well I had gone.

Gross: 79 :mrgreen:
Nett: 59
Fairways: 7
GIR's: 6
Putts: 30
Up n Downs: 5

2 Birdies
8 Pars
6 Bogies
2 Doubles

Got my new wedges and it may have been a new club thing, boy it was weird having shots stop real quick, backspin that is a new thing.
We were playing each other in stableford, I kicked his butt with 47 points :shock:
Funniest thing with the whole day was my ballstriking was not that good but I was getting away with it and I was sinking some long putts 30ft plus. Also chipping and second shots on a few holes were really close 2 of the birdies hit the pin but stayed out :shock: .

Hope this was not the great game that I will be aiming for forever, a once off.

shazza_rs
27th February 2006, 09:41 PM
good going grant.... hope it keeps up

jimandr
27th February 2006, 10:17 PM
Hi again new week - new game:-D

Hope this was not the great game that I will be aiming for forever, a once off.

Is this the last week you get to start the thread?

You may have also discovered one of the great secrets of low scoring. Minimise the damage from your mistakes, and take advantage of good shots and good luck when it happens. Easier said than done, however.

BrisWesty
27th February 2006, 10:21 PM
Suweeet Grunt.
Comp or out of comp round? Either way it reminds you that, "I can take it up to this course."

Grunt
28th February 2006, 06:30 AM
Suweeet Grunt.
Comp or out of comp round? Either way it reminds you that, "I can take it up to this course."

Out of comp, guess it could have been a factor too. No pressure to have to perform.

Iain
28th February 2006, 03:21 PM
Played at Caboolture yesterday, 2 man Ambrose event. We had an even Par 71, a double and 2 birdies. Gave ourselves plenty of opportunity's, just couldn't drop the putt's.

I drove the ball quite well, had a few poor ones, but overall much better than recent form.

Iain

Jarro
28th February 2006, 03:23 PM
Played at Caboolture yesterday, 2 man Ambrose event. We had an even Par 71, a double and 2 birdies. Gave ourselves plenty of opportunity's, just couldn't drop the putt's.

I drove the ball quite well, had a few poor ones, but overall much better than recent form.

Iain

don't use 'em up too early buddy .... you gotta perform tomorrow you know ;)

Flowergirl
28th February 2006, 04:31 PM
Top stuff Grant. :) Is that the first time you've broken 80? I'm still waiting for that day.
Had a lesson this afternoon and my pro is real happy how I'm coming along.
Played nine holes afterwards and hit the ball ok. Just gotta remember to keep the legs more stable - still have the tendency to sway.
Used the new "claw grip" with my short putts and felt real good. Just lets hope it's a long honeymoon period with it.
Monthly medal tomorow. Good or bad - I'm looking forward to it. :)

chappy1970
1st March 2006, 10:11 AM
Easy on the lessons FG, I don't want to look like a goose when we play our match.

Chappy:mrgreen:

Had a lesson this afternoon and my pro is real happy how I'm coming along.
Played nine holes afterwards and hit the ball ok. Just gotta remember to keep the legs more stable - still have the tendency to sway.
Used the new "claw grip" with my short putts and felt real good. Just lets hope it's a long honeymoon period with it.
Monthly medal tomorow. Good or bad - I'm looking forward to it. :)

Jarro
1st March 2006, 03:20 PM
83 off the stick for 36 points

5 fairways
4 G.I.R's
3/10 up and downs
32 putts

highlight was a 7 iron to a foot on 9 for a tap in birdie. Missed the NTP though :roll:

cazandpaul
1st March 2006, 04:41 PM
26 miserable points - extremely wet underfoot and very humid although no rain - luckily one of my mates was even more miserable and brought lunch.

Keza_G
2nd March 2006, 03:32 PM
Monday Carbrook Pro Am - A shankeriffic score of 86
Thursday Royal Queensland - An even more shankeriffic score of 90...

Cheers

Keza

Courty
3rd March 2006, 09:43 PM
I though about playing golf today, but then when I couldn't get up off the floor, I changed my mind. :roll:

oz
4th March 2006, 03:32 PM
Monthly Medal at Thurgoona today. Course is still recovering from some poor conditioning. Struck it pretty well with 10/14 fairways, and 9/18 greens (plus about another 3 or 4 that were just in the fringe. mostly spinning back off the soft greens).

1 Birdie
5 Bogeys (pretty much every time I missed a fairway, plus one fomr the middle of the 9th)

Didn't get many putts dropping today, but had a really good feel for the pace today.

76 off the stick (par 72), gives me a nett 69.

jimandr
4th March 2006, 05:09 PM
Played in the Gold Medal today, for all the monthly medal winners over the last 12 months. Had to play off my lowest handicap over the period, so the total was 82 for nett 76.

This was a very flattering score, for I played awful, and had to play recovery shots all day. The stats show I missed 10 greens, but I only had 4 up and down opportunities. The rest, I was trying to save bogey.

Fairways = 6 of 14 virtually all the misses were into chip-out positions
Greens = 8 of 18
Putts = 35 - 2 three putts, no birdies
Up and Down = 2 of 4

pt73
4th March 2006, 06:02 PM
Medal today, shot -1 for a nett 67, won the scratch and in a playoff for A grade next month. -2 front 9 and scrambled my a$$ of the back 9 for +1.

PT

oz
5th March 2006, 06:54 AM
Medal today, shot -1 for a nett 67, won the scratch and in a playoff for A grade next month. -2 front 9 and scrambled my a$$ of the back 9 for +1.

PT

Nice shooting, pt73. Great round. Doesn't scrambling make all the difference?

pt73
5th March 2006, 08:42 AM
Thanks, for me it's always the difference between a OK round and a very good round.

PT

peter_rs
5th March 2006, 01:13 PM
Played riverlakes yesterday in the morning break in the rain.

The comp field was huge at 30 players. something about no carts / wind and the possible rain, kept the field away.

I had a 38 points with 3 washes of the new hcp of 20(87/67 nett I wish I could get rid of the 6/7/8 of the card ;)).

Chipped in on 14 for a bird and I may have picked up the approach on 15 (4.2m)

Virgal_Tracy
6th March 2006, 10:29 AM
Returned to Kogarah with social club to prove last round an aberration.

One of those days when I played ordinary but scored well.

Stableford 19pts front and 21 back. Highlight 2 putt birdie on 17 followed by 2 putt par on 18 to finish with 7 points.

Driver was off for most of the round but came good the last 4 or 5 holes. Putting was great with 30 putts for the round.

Jarro
6th March 2006, 10:32 AM
nice shootin' Vince :smt038

Virgal_Tracy
7th March 2006, 11:17 AM
Thanks Jarro. Take some heart though that it was off the social tees (not a lot of difference but some) and a revised index. Does still make it a much better score than our round when yourself and Terry were down.

chappy1970
8th March 2006, 07:46 PM
Monday 30 points (should've been 25) 34 putts
Tuesday 39 points (should've been 43) 30 putts
Wednesday 33 points 33 putts

Got nutted for the putting trophy by one damn putt. Man I left about 15 putts out there over the last three days.

Last day tomorrow, stroke round @$#@%$#@.

Chappy

Matt 3 Jab
9th March 2006, 04:45 PM
Well played the matchplay game against zipptopp and it wasent pretty.
Effective tee shots: 5 hit it well, just in the rough alot of the time, but with the rough being so thick it wasent really effective.
GIR: only 7, hit it well, but not well all day, hot and cold.
Putts: 40, You do the math, i think i had 1 one putt all day :oops:
Points: 24, no surprises here, just one of those days i guess.