PDA

View Full Version : EBAY Seller Not Responding

drunken
13th July 2004, 08:28 AM
Won a set of Maxfli Revos for the old man.

This was last Monday, have sent numerous emails to the seller requesting total, and confirming my postal & contact details.

I am yet to receive a single response from the seller.

Have requested contact information from Ebay, but really don't want to call the US.

Any ideas on what I should do??

Thanks,
Duncan

AndyP
13th July 2004, 09:28 AM
Sounds like something clikchic could answer. Mrs goughy, are you out there?

markTHEblake
13th July 2004, 11:02 AM
Give him the benefit of doubt, he might have got run over by a bus.

if after 7 days or so, lodge negative feedback that the seller has not responded to your contacts. dont get personal.

drunken
13th July 2004, 01:48 PM
Finally responded this morning, only took eight days :roll:

But the goods are now on their way, and I have a tracking number too so I'm happy :D

clikchic
13th July 2004, 09:26 PM
Hey Guys!

One thing I like to do before posting negative feedback for non responding sellers is to check that they are actually receiving my emails. As most of you know emails on occasion do get lost in cyberspace...particularly if you are bigpond person!

I use a program which you can download free at http://www.messagetag.com/home/ which sends you a receipt when the recipient has read your email. Outlook & OE of course have this feature but people can choose to not send receipts showing they have read emails. You can't do that with messagetag.

With regards to calling overseas, for me it would depend on how much I wanted the item and what the sellers feedback was like. If you are concerned they are dodgy and might leave you neg feedback for non contact, I would personally call just to verify that the phone number was correct and then hang up. If the phone number is incorrect, it means their contact details are incorrect and that is grounds for feedback removal should they leave you a neg. Or, you can report them for having incorrect details. They then get NARU'd (not a registered user) until they update their contact details. When you are NARU you are not able to leave any feedback.

I was once given a negative feedback for non contact when I had sent this woman 6 emails! Well this peeved me right off :x and I was reluctant to call her since she was in the US... however I did and was rewarded because I got the answering service for an Aquarium! I looked up the Aquarium on the web and sent them an email asking if she worked there. I got one back saying she didn't and I was then able to use this evidence to have my neg removed! YAY!!! :lol:

Anyway.. rambling! Once you get me started talking about ebay, photography or kids, you can't shut me up! LOL

goughy
13th July 2004, 09:53 PM
Anyway.. rambling! Once you get me started talking about ebay, photography or kids, you can't shut me up! LOL

Tell me about it :roll: :roll:

Unfortunately she's say the same thing about me and golf :wink: