PDA

View Full Version : Cart Bag for $100-150 Mark

Matt1979
4th August 2014, 02:39 PM
Just wondering if anyone can recommend a reasonable cart bag for around $150 mark. My current bag which I really like except it doesn't have full length dividers - so am constantly getting my clubs tangled. Was thinking about using some conduit lengths in lieu of no dividers - but looks pretty crap & assume it will knacker the clubs after a while....

Have had a look at eagles and birdies dominator - on special at $150 - looked good apart from the colours ( not into white on a bag )

cheers

mrbluu
4th August 2014, 03:06 PM
I got a Sun Mountain Sync for about $170 new and can highly recommend them. You maybe be able to pick on up secondhand in your price range.

keymaster
4th August 2014, 03:53 PM
Sun mountain make some great bags. Also have a look at Ogio.

Keep an eye out on the classified section/Ebay/gumtree, as they pop up pretty regularly in your price range.

Lagerlover
4th August 2014, 04:49 PM
E&B and Sun Mountain for mine...wouldn't be buying new though.

Daves
4th August 2014, 04:52 PM
Some of the Cleveland Cart Bags are great value for money. Try GCO, they usually have good deals on them.

Edit - I think Penrith Golf Factory and Boyles Golf Shed also stock them.

mrbluu
4th August 2014, 05:04 PM
Some of the Cleveland Cart Bags are great value for money. Try GCO , they usually have good deals on them,

Matt, I got a code for 10% and free shipping for GCO, PM me if you want it.

Matt1979
4th August 2014, 07:18 PM
Thanks for the tips all will have a look around a bit now on the net

Matt1979
4th August 2014, 07:19 PM
Matt, I got a code for 10% and free shipping for GCO, PM me if you want it.
Hey thanks for the offer - forgive my ignorance GCO?

mrbluu
4th August 2014, 07:47 PM
http://www.golfclearanceoutlet.com.au/

callawayboy
4th August 2014, 07:52 PM
Golf Clearance Outlet. Some good bargains found here. i have shopped with them a number of times.
Picked up a Cleveland cart bag off Evilbay at a good price, i think it was the deluxe model with the built in rain cover. Damn nice bag and well set out as well.
The only thing is the colour is called Charcoal so i was thinking dark grey but the bloody thing was a very soft silvery green. Beats me how they can call it Charcoal when it ain't Lol
Oh well gotta put up with now.

Matt1979
4th August 2014, 07:55 PM
Ah ok - I work about 5 mins from there store - so in and out of there a bit - thanks for the offer but no need as I usually get a good price when I am in there - hopefully someone can use it especially if they order online as the free postage is sweet - cheers

Matt1979
4th August 2014, 08:01 PM
Golf Clearance Outlet. Some good bargains found here. i have shopped with them a number of times.
Picked up a Cleveland cart bag off Evilbay at a good price, i think it was the deluxe model with the built in rain cover. Damn nice bag and well set out as well.
The only thing is the colour is called Charcoal so i was thinking dark grey but the bloody thing was a very soft silvery green. Beats me how they can call it Charcoal when it ain't Lol
Oh well gotta put up with now.
Am trying to avoid a brand I think that make golf clubs - so I don't keep changing to match my clubs - but Cleveland bags looked pretty good I must admit

mrbluu
4th August 2014, 08:08 PM
Ah ok - I work about 5 mins from there store - so in and out of there a bit - thanks for the offer but no need as I usually get a good price when I am in there - hopefully someone can use it especially if they order online as the free postage is sweet - cheers

No worries mate, I've had it since my birthday in March and it has worked multiple times for different ppl.

Am trying to avoid a brand I think that make golf clubs - so I don't keep changing to match my clubs - but Cleveland bags looked pretty good I must admit

I'm a little bit like that but for your price range, I would go a new cleveland at around $120

Matt1979
4th August 2014, 08:18 PM
No worries mate, I've had it since my birthday in March and it has worked multiple times for different ppl.

I'm a little bit like that but for your price range, I would go a new cleveland at around $120
Got my eye on sun mountain c130 - looks pretty sweet for an extra 50 bucks - just wondering what is wrong with me - always start out with a budget but never works - will see if I feel guilty about it in the morning ........

mrbluu
4th August 2014, 08:28 PM
Got my eye on sun mountain c130 - looks pretty sweet for an extra 50 bucks - just wondering what is wrong with me - always start out with a budget but never works - will see if I feel guilty about it in the morning ........ Sun Mountain make really good bags, u will not be disappointed.

Matt1979
5th August 2014, 08:16 AM
http://www.drummondgolf.com.au/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/88x88/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/f/o/fortress-empire-cart-bag_32.jpg
been offered this bag (new) for $100 - called Fortress Empire, not much on the net & have never heard of them - sell for around $250 from Drummond ( on their website ) - anyone come across these - looks pretty good to me - lots of storage, pockets, 14 full length dividers & built in full lenght rain cover (handy for Melbourne Winters ) - not in love with the looks but for what I am looking to spend....

Timbo
5th August 2014, 11:26 AM
Are the Golfbox codes still working? An Ogio Shredder or E&B Muirfield for $199 and a bag of tees with a $50 off $200 code might be worth considering (with free delivery too).

Matt1979
5th August 2014, 11:46 AM
Are the Golfbox codes still working? An Ogio Shredder or E&B Muirfield for $199 and a bag of tees with a $50 off $200 code might be worth considering (with free delivery too).

Thanks Tombo - not sure where to find the codes - are they on this forum?

Timbo
5th August 2014, 12:00 PM
Keep scrolling down in "Equip Me" and you will see the "Golfbox Shipping" thread.

Matt1979
5th August 2014, 01:16 PM
great cheers

Matt1979
5th August 2014, 01:55 PM
Everyone - thanks for the advise + help. Just ordered E&B Muirfiled ( Cheers to Timbo for tipping me into the discount ).

http://www.golfbox.com.au/assets/images/bag/bag-cart_eb_muirfiel_bbl_thumbnail.jpg
Was very tempted by sun mountain C130 or Sync but couldn't justify the extra $100 on this.

Ogio shredder - a great looking bag - but just a little too small for me - I don't always travel light!!

Lagerlover
6th August 2014, 10:24 AM
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/ryde/golf/golf-bag-very-good-condition/1053554350

Daves
6th August 2014, 05:45 PM
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/ryde/golf/golf-bag-very-good-condition/1053554350

Great buy by the looks of it, an Eagles and Birdies bag in pretty good nick.

Matt1979
6th August 2014, 09:39 PM
Looks great cheers guys am waiting the arrival of the new e&b bag from golf box

highballin
7th August 2014, 09:21 AM
Looks great cheers guys am waiting the arrival of the new e&b bag from golf box

So what did you get ?

Matt1979
7th August 2014, 10:55 AM
So what did you get ?
E&B Muirield

highballin
8th August 2014, 10:45 AM
Happy with it ? Pros / Cons ?

MAZA68
8th August 2014, 06:00 PM
Have a look at these..........

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-ONYX-GOLF-BAG-14-Full-Length-Dividers-FREE-RAINCOVER-Quality-Cart-Bag-/221451331845?pt=AU_GolfBags&hash=item338f872905&_uhb=1

Matt1979
9th August 2014, 03:42 PM
Happy with it ? Pros / Cons ? Just got back from playing this morning. Very happy with the bag - loads of room for wet weather gear and liked having 2 additional pockets on each side to keep tees balls plasters tape and valuables all separate. Nothing I can think of on the con side

nadg63
9th August 2014, 04:13 PM
Glad to hear you like your new bag. As a late entry to this topic just a couple of observations regarding Sun Mountain bags, I have an MCB, great bag BUT sometimes puts up a fight when I'm trying to remove a club from it, and that's with standard grips - they just get stuck/jammed in the bottom of the bag!? Have read on other forums, and this one, that other people have the same problem with SM bags! Also, with the C130, great bag if you only use a cart - how the top is angled makes it a pain in the butt using it on a buggy! One thing for sure though, SM bags are of the highest quality, would rate them higher than the previous two Ogio's I used.

Saw someone mentioned the Ogio Shredder, nice bag BUT doesn't have a cooler pocket! Strange omission these days!?

Matt1979
9th August 2014, 06:21 PM
Glad to hear you like your new bag. As a late entry to this topic just a couple of observations regarding Sun Mountain bags, I have an MCB, great bag BUT sometimes puts up a fight when I'm trying to remove a club from it, and that's with standard grips - they just get stuck/jammed in the bottom of the bag!? Have read on other forums, and this one, that other people have the same problem with SM bags! Also, with the C130, great bag if you only use a cart - how the top is angled makes it a pain in the butt using it on a buggy! One thing for sure though, SM bags are of the highest quality, would rate them higher than the previous two Ogio's I used.Saw someone mentioned the Ogio Shredder, nice bag BUT doesn't have a cooler pocket! Strange omission these days!?Really liked the SM bags but couldn't justify the extra dollars. Was tempted by the ogio shredder but just a bit small but really good looking bag all the same

Matt1979
9th August 2014, 06:22 PM
Considered the onyx when going thru ebay - looks like good value

MAZA68
10th August 2014, 01:01 PM
Considered the onyx when going thru ebay - looks like good value

The guy said alot of the On Course Pro Shops stock them as well, if you wanted to check them out .