PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Golfer Challenge

Buzz
2nd August 2014, 06:30 PM
Anybody playing this at their local club?

Totally stoked ... Qualifier at my local today, 4BBB, first outing for the new ozgolf putter cover... Smashed it with 49 points to win by three. Nine consecutive 3 pointers from holes 9-17. 23 on the front and 26 on the back, minor disappointment to not get 3pts on the last but awesome feeling to qualify.

Prize is entry to national final in late Oct .... Accommodation included at Royal Pines and two rounds at either the Pines, Glades, Lakelands or Palmer, two dinners with grog ... Should be a blast.

Only risk is the missus is due to give birth 9 Nov .....

dunteachin
2nd August 2014, 07:02 PM
Anybody playing this at their local club?

Totally stoked ... Qualifier at my local today, 4BBB, first outing for the new ozgolf putter cover... Smashed it with 49 points to win by three. Nine consecutive 3 pointers from holes 9-17. 23 on the front and 26 on the back, minor disappointment to not get 3pts on the last but awesome feeling to qualify.

Prize is entry to national final in late Oct .... Accommodation included at Royal Pines and two rounds at either the Pines, Glades, Lakelands or Palmer, two dinners with grog ... Should be a blast.

Only risk is the missus is due to give birth 9 Nov .....

Awesome stuff - your missus should understand that a national final is not to be missed - you can always have another kid, a place in the final might be a one-off (grin)

Buzz
3rd August 2014, 05:45 AM
Hmmmm the ultimate dilemma!

Buzz
19th October 2014, 08:32 AM
No baby so far so about to head to the airport, Royal Pines here I come!

Buzz
19th October 2014, 10:37 PM
Wow. Shafted. Got here and no tournament.

3Puttpete
19th October 2014, 10:59 PM
Wow. Shafted. Got here and no tournament.

?

Buzz
19th October 2014, 11:01 PM
Led to believe 25+ teams ... Turns out there's only one from Victoria. No 4bbb event we just get to play the courses.

Gutted ... Just wanted to play in a big final for once in my life :(

3Puttpete
19th October 2014, 11:03 PM
Do you have to pay for accommodation or flights?

Buzz
19th October 2014, 11:11 PM
Flights yes accommodation no

3Puttpete
19th October 2014, 11:14 PM
Ouch

Daggs
19th October 2014, 11:37 PM
Royal Pines? they advertised this years final to be in the Hunter Valley.
We did it for 3 years and it just got to expensive to hold at a small club.
And the Prize Packs at club level were all TM to start with then most of it ended up MD Golf from GCO.
Sounds like things must have turned to shite !

Buzz
20th October 2014, 06:16 AM
I heard hunter valley too originally but it got changed several months ago.

MAZA68
20th October 2014, 06:00 PM
At least you get to play some goods course assuming they still provided the prize.