PDA

View Full Version : r7 Quad TP vs r7 Quad

Davemason
12th July 2004, 08:08 PM
I found out some differences with the retail r7 and the r7 Quad TP beside the price and the shafts
A couple of other small differences.....

1/ The TP actually has three shaft options, (Fuji Speeder, Mitsubishis TM 70 LT and Fujikura SIX). There are no other options available even as a custom fit whereas the r7 Quad has all the same shaft options as the R500 series.

2/ The TP is a square to slightly open address while the Quad is slightly closed.

3/ The TP has a 0.335 tip while the Quad is a 0.350 tip. The 0.335 is said to offer the pros greater feel, while a 0.350 tip is standard for all retail stocks as it performs the same but is more resilient and snaps less!

4/ The TP face plate is made of a slightly different composition titanium, (this is an almost imperceptible difference!).

Head size and shape and the TLC weight ports are all the same. The standard weights in the head are also the same, (2 x 10gm, 2 x 2gm). The additional 8 cartridges means instead of the 6 launch conditions of the r7 Quad at the one swingweight, the TP offers you 883 different CG and swingweight combinations, ranging from C8 through to D8.

AndyP
12th July 2004, 10:19 PM
Woah! I need a transalator for all that stuff. :wink:

McMw
12th July 2004, 10:24 PM
I didn't really like what I read abt the shaft "breaking" with a 0.335 tip...

goughy
13th July 2004, 06:11 AM
Don't worry McMw, the shaft breaking thing is only to do with all the incredibly fat shots us am's hit with our drivers. The shafts don't break if you hit the ball first and then miss the ground. :oops: :D

Jarro
13th July 2004, 06:22 AM
i have to say that i'm very impressed with the stock shaft in this driver.

Like i've said..i'm using Nudgees retail R7 for a "while" .... and it is an awesome driver :D

So solid to hit it's not funny... leaves the 300Tour for dead in terms of feel and forgiveness ... not to mention disctance :shock: The face is slightly closed as well.. helps to instill confidence on the tee.

Anyone have any info on who makes the stock M.A.S. shafts :?: are they the same as the shafts in the 500 series .. because i've hit one of those and wasn't fussed at all .... but these newer versions are fantastic :!:

drunken
13th July 2004, 07:19 AM
I'm pretty sure if you take the grip off the shaft will say Fuji something or other :lol: