meh
25th July 2014, 07:15 PM
Anyone hit it at one of the demo days?

highballin
25th July 2014, 07:17 PM
Plan on testing one out at demo day Monday 4th

Captain Nemo
25th July 2014, 07:22 PM
Going to Ping next fri to hit side by side with G25.
;)

FuzzyJuzzy
25th July 2014, 08:47 PM
Going to Ping next fri to hit side by side with G25.
;)

Will be interested in hearing your verdict on the G25 & G30 head to head mate. Ran into a Ping fanatic on the course today who was testing the G25 and i25 - told him to sus out the G30 as well...

gtir77
26th July 2014, 12:10 AM
Meh, I hit one about 2 weeks ago, amazing!!! Felt so much livelier off the face than the G25 but was still as stable as the G25.
Highly Recommend!!!!

yoyo
26th July 2014, 07:30 AM
Hitting all the Pings in a couple of weeks, really like the looksof the i25s

davidw88
26th July 2014, 07:46 AM
I hope they are good, will probably get one when they come out, I got an i25 but went back to g25 as it is so easy to hit. Just got to get rid of the i25 now.

Daves
31st July 2014, 07:53 AM
2nd Swing are advertising the G30 at $349.99US. FW are $249.99, and Hybrids are $219.99.

Edit: Irons are $599.99.

3oneday
31st July 2014, 08:14 AM
Hit a G25 last night, as usual, I doubt I'd be able to tell the difference between a 25 and a 30. Felt nice though.

navierStoked
31st July 2014, 08:49 AM
I hit one at the launch and ordered one on the spot.. Does that answer the question??

3oneday
31st July 2014, 08:54 AM
Not really, not a believer in launch monitor results.

What did it give you, another 5 yards, tighter dispersion, better flight and spin. What did you compare it against, how fast do you swing.

I know you can play, but a lot of folk around here will order based on reviews. Most "players" (read anyone under a 10 handicap) will hit it out of the middle, pure performance is hitting 90% of fairways and that doesn't come down to the club, as you know :).

Realistically, at what point will we say it isn't really any better than the G2, 5, 10, 15, 20 etc etc.

Captain Nemo
31st July 2014, 09:30 AM
mmmm G20.
8)

blurry
31st July 2014, 09:57 AM
Famous last words ,, but the 8.5* i20 with stock stiff shaft is the best driver I've hit and it won't leave the bag

JADO75
31st July 2014, 10:01 AM
Famous last words ,, but the 8.5* i20 with stock stiff shaft is the best driver I've hit and it won't leave the bag

What if the PING goes to PONG?

blurry
31st July 2014, 10:04 AM
I hope they are good, will probably get one when they come out, I got an i25 but went back to g25 as it is so easy to hit. Just got to get rid of the i25 now. Unless I try an i25😕

TS
31st July 2014, 07:34 PM
Hit the G30 driver today, feels quite good. Can't tell distance as I was using high spin range balls which doesn't fly far.

The G30 hybrid are pretty good as well. I hit most hybrid too low, but I am getting good height from the G30.

davidw88
1st August 2014, 01:56 PM
Unless I try an i25

Think I needed more loft got a 9.5 but didn't get enough launch.

backintheswing
2nd August 2014, 09:07 PM
I played today with our ladies club champion. She is off +1, has been in the state team previously etc. Anyway she rocks up today with the g30. Has been fitted for it at Ping some time ago. Anyway she hit it like a busted. It was like the ball was falling out of the sky. She was very disappointed with it. She is going back to her old Cleveland tomorrow.

Hatchman
2nd August 2014, 09:10 PM
I played today with our ladies club champion. She is off +1, has been in the state team previously etc. Anyway she rocks up today with the g30. Has been fitted for it at Ping some time ago. Anyway she hit it like a busted. It was like the ball was falling out of the sky. She was very disappointed with it. She is going back to her old Cleveland tomorrow.

Not enough swing speed and loft to keep a low spinner up?

backintheswing
2nd August 2014, 09:12 PM
That's what it seemed. She does get it out there around 220m, but with the G30 the ball seemed like it was falling out of the sky.

davidw88
2nd August 2014, 09:42 PM
I had that trouble with the anser till I changed shafts

TheNuclearOne
2nd August 2014, 09:46 PM
I had that trouble with the anser till I changed shafts

Sad thing is she'd been fit, by Ping no less.

davidw88
3rd August 2014, 07:51 AM
Yeah, you would think it would be right once you were fitted.

goonie
3rd August 2014, 10:19 AM
I hope it wasn't something silly like using spinny range balls during the fitting.

Hatchman
3rd August 2014, 11:17 AM
I hope it wasn't something silly like using spinny range balls during the fitting.

That would be silly wouldn't it, but wouldn't surprise.
You'd think any serious fitting would be done using the balls you game.

Lucasto23
3rd August 2014, 03:59 PM
Well ping n flight actually has golf ball spin rate data so the computer can calculate what flight and spin is like with your preferred ball without actually hitting it at the fitting for their clubs.

Horse
3rd August 2014, 04:48 PM
Could have been having an off day because of her swing???

Horse
3rd August 2014, 04:54 PM
Well ping n flight actually has golf ball spin rate data so the computer can calculate what flight and spin is like with your preferred ball without actually hitting it at the fitting for their clubs. PING's nFlight actually converts the numbers of what ever type of ball is being used, like an limited flight range ball (this needs to be changed in the settings) and converts the numbers back to a premium ball i.e. A prov1x

Coldtopper
3rd August 2014, 08:04 PM
Hit a G30 today twice first I thaught it was crap, second to confirm it.

backintheswing
3rd August 2014, 08:25 PM
Played a local open today. For 27 holes I outdrove a guy with a G30. My Anser was tearing him a new one.

I couldn't care less, but he seemed very concerned about how crap it was. In the end he reckoned it was the shaft, as I have an Oban in the Anser.

People are expecting a lot for their near on $500 purchase and I am not sure I have seen much the last 2 days.

Daves
3rd August 2014, 09:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GoObxijjr8

gazgolf1
4th August 2014, 05:26 PM
Interesting Crossfield video comparing the SLDR S and G30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXdhFMNgFIE

FuzzyJuzzy
9th August 2014, 09:02 PM
Any more user feedback on the G30 range lads? They've got the G30 demo fitting/demo day at my home course next Saturday. I'm getting along to sus out the driver and 3W, mostly out of curiosity rather than definite purchase...but will see what happens...

Dangals
9th August 2014, 10:11 PM
I played with stealth who had his g30 and for him it is the best driver I have ever seen... Hit a couple that were 280 plus ... I had a couple of hits and it is super forgiving compared to others drivers I have hit and has me seriously considering getting one. There is a fitting day happening soon and I plan on going along to test out it and the 3 wood as well

davidw88
10th August 2014, 08:28 AM
Mine is going ok, I put a 6.2 tour spec shaft in it last night so am keen to give it a try with the new shaft.

highballin
10th August 2014, 09:03 AM
For the S.A. boys Drummonds Tapley Hill have demo night tomorrow Monday night from 4-7pm. Have no affiliation with them just putting it out there if anyone wants to have a hit with the G30. I asked and they said Ping rep will be there.

coalesce
10th August 2014, 09:54 AM
Yeah I'm gonna head to that

highballin
10th August 2014, 09:08 PM
Yeah I'm gonna head to that

Might see you there. I will be there about 6pm I think.

coalesce
10th August 2014, 09:16 PM
Might see you there. I will be there about 6pm I think.

I think I'll be there a little earlier. Not planning to buy anything so I'll probably leave with a whole new set

highballin
10th August 2014, 09:23 PM
I think I'll be there a little earlier. Not planning to buy anything so I'll probably leave with a whole new set

I have to sell 3 drivers before I can buy another one but I'll test out the G30 anyway.

coalesce
10th August 2014, 09:28 PM
I have to sell 3 drivers before I can buy another one but I'll test out the G30 anyway.

If they have a lefty one ;)

highballin
11th August 2014, 08:25 PM
If they have a lefty one ;)

Well they had one and it was very good. Great feel off the face hard to tell if it was any longer than my other drivers. It seemed to be right out there but it was dark and every thing I hit was out there. But the ping g30 felt the best of the new breed that I hit. However I am loving my Nike Covert Tour and when I hit them one after the other I still liked the Nike better.

Hitting the irons was interesting Wilson have some very nice improvement irons I think they were c100's they weren't overly chunky and the Taylormade speed blades felt very good. But again wouldn't swap my Mizuno MP53's for either of them.

First time I been to a Demo night good fun. Bit light on left hand stuff but enough there to have some fun.

coalesce
11th August 2014, 08:54 PM
The g30 makes a great noise too! Felt stupidly light and fast to swing but I got inconsistent results with it. For something billed as being forgiving I was disappoint. The 3 hybrid seemed pretty ordinary too. Even the good hits didn't really go anywhere compared to the other brands I tried (jetspeed rescue ones were best for me)

talbo
11th August 2014, 09:42 PM
I hit the G30 tonight as well as it surprisingly didn't impress, but then the stock stiff felt like a noodle. I25 is much nicer feeling and definitely longer for me.

coalesce
11th August 2014, 10:06 PM
Yeah the stock shafts were really thin. Maybe not good for those with a temper :)

3oneday
11th August 2014, 10:15 PM
Thin?

coalesce
11th August 2014, 10:22 PM
The regular one I used seemed to have a much smaller diameter than any other driver I tried. Could be an illusion but I did notice it at the time

mrbluu
26th August 2014, 12:26 PM
It's interesting that Hunter Mahan is still using the G25 and not the G30. Also he using a Titty 3 wood......

3oneday
26th August 2014, 12:28 PM
Maybe he doesn't need turbulators.

It's certainly up there as one of the wankiest descriptions :)

RobNewy
26th August 2014, 01:02 PM
Ive played 2 rounds with mine and love it.
For me its defiantly straighter and much more forgiving.

launches incredibly high but. I got the 10.5 and have knocked it down to 9.9, and reckon I will possibly still go down to 9.5

Feels great of the face. The guys I played with said it was a touch loud, but I dont find that at all

gameboy
26th August 2014, 08:16 PM
The regular one I used seemed to have a much smaller diameter than any other driver I tried. Could be an illusion but I did notice it at the time

i thought the same for some reason. just didn't look right at address

navierStoked
8th September 2014, 07:56 PM
I have a couple of rounds under the belt with mine and love it. When I first got it numbers weren't great in the nets, either with the stock tour shaft or my speeder. On course though it was a different story. Very forgiving, very long and feels (and sounds) great. Very high as robnewy said but not in a bad way.

wstarks
9th September 2014, 02:03 PM
For higher swing speeds (105mph+) they aren't at all versatile... Very spinny on slight mishits also

TheNuclearOne
9th September 2014, 05:29 PM
They are all over the tour, can't be too bad.

navierStoked
10th September 2014, 12:37 PM
For higher swing speeds (105mph+) they aren't at all versatile... Very spinny on slight mishits also
I'd have to disagree.. What shaft are you using? I'm around 115 and can hit it pretty much wherever I want. High ball flight, but not too spinny. Each to their own though!

goonie
20th September 2014, 06:55 PM
Hit this club today and I must say it is a weapon, it just had the stock stiff shaft in it but it left my R1 for dead, lovely high flight and so easy to hit.
I might have to sell some gear and start saving :-)

RobNewy
22nd September 2014, 06:27 PM
I have just reshafted mine with a Gujikura Fuel.

it is much better.

knocked it back up to 10.5 and it is now a real bomber.

First round yesterday at Long Island with new shaft and missed 4 fairways.

Royal Melbourne this sunday, will know more aftet that

JADO75
27th September 2014, 07:32 PM
Hit our clubs demo 9* G30 with stock stiffy today after comp & would have to say it's the most horrible sounding driver I've ever hit, sounded unbelievably tinny. Do they all sound like this?

Dangals
27th September 2014, 07:57 PM
I dont find my one to sound that way at all... Sounds nice and solid when struck.

davidw88
27th September 2014, 08:08 PM
Sounds the same as g25 to me

goonie
28th September 2014, 10:42 AM
It is loud but I had to laugh when the older guys in my group went WOW on 1st tee as soon as I hit the demo G30

KristianJ
28th September 2014, 12:51 PM
One of the guys in my group yesterday had a G30...didn't seem too out of the ordinary to me in terms of volume or sound, and he struck a few of his tee shots pretty well with it.

JADO75
28th September 2014, 06:03 PM
Well holy crap ballz! I played Lynwood with Stealth2 today & on 3 holes I teed off with my Covert tour 2.0 with Aldila tour green & hit all three pretty well. Followed my tee shots up with Stealth's G30/6Q3 combo & hit all three past my Nike drives which themselves were pretty bloody long, the last being being about 20m in front of my Nike drive. The surprising thing for me was I didn't "middle" any of the G30's with all three being low & heely. Was also surprised with the amount of roll out I got to go along with the big carry I was getting. Still not sold on the sound but the one I hit today sounded much better than yesterday's, different shaft, different sound perhaps? Hate to say it but there's a fair chance I'll be getting my mates to order me a G30 This week, not sure whether to go 9* or 10.5* though? Didn't want to like it but it is so stoopidly easy to hit!

Shane788
28th September 2014, 07:11 PM
Well holy crap ballz! I played Lynwood with Stealth2 today & on 3 holes I teed off with my Covert tour 2.0 with Aldila tour green & hit all three pretty well. Followed my tee shots up with Stealth's G30/6Q3 combo & hit all three past my Nike drives which themselves were pretty bloody long, the last being being about 20m in front of my Nike drive. The surprising thing for me was I didn't "middle" any of the G30's with all three being low & heely. Was also surprised with the amount of roll out I got to go along with the big carry I was getting. Still not sold on the sound but the one I hit today sounded much better than yesterday's, different shaft, different sound perhaps? Hate to say it but there's a fair chance I'll be getting my mates to order me a G30 This week, not sure whether to go 9* or 10.5* though? Didn't want to like it but it is so stoopidly easy to hit!

How much can you get them for? I'm keen on a 9* head, wish they made an 8*

Dangals
28th September 2014, 07:28 PM

That is exactly what I found when he first got it and hence why it's now in my bag...

JADO75
28th September 2014, 07:48 PM
Did you go 9 or 10.5?

Dangals
28th September 2014, 08:29 PM
Did you go 9 or 10.5?

went the 10.5 as if I want to lower the loft it opens it up a little which is nice. Plus I like the slightly higher launch of the 10.5 at the moment...

3oneday
28th September 2014, 08:35 PM
Ping have always bumped their lofts, a 9 is invariably 10, you used to be able to ask for a certain loft on order.

TheNuclearOne
28th September 2014, 09:36 PM
Ping have always bumped their lofts, a 9 is invariably 10, you used to be able to ask for a certain loft on order.

Still can.

talbo
28th September 2014, 09:52 PM
Anyone actually get along with the stock shafts in these?

JADO75
4th October 2014, 11:12 PM
*Warning- may contain traces of a passive brag

Used my G30/black tie 6m3 for the first time today at Gosford & loved it!
I was worried about getting the 10.5 & it being too high but I was able to hit high & low when needed. Hit plenty of crackers as its so stoopidly easy to hit, plenty of carry but rolls out too. Highlight was driving the 291m 1st hole with no wind assistance & it was out of the toe!
Going to put some G tips on some other shafts I have & see what we can do, Aldila Tour Green & Kiyoshi black & white will get suited up first I think.

TheNuclearOne
4th October 2014, 11:26 PM
You should buy it in 9* as well just to see if that offers anything extra ;)

Shane788
5th October 2014, 08:07 AM
You should buy it in 9* as well just to see if that offers anything extra ;)

Haha he doesn't need any encouragement lol the man that's had 7 SLDR heads :D

JADO75
5th October 2014, 08:44 AM
Will definitely be grabbing the low spin model early next year now though.

wizard_of_oz
5th October 2014, 09:13 AM
Highlight was driving the 291m 1st hole with no wind assistance & it was out of the toe!Bazooka!

TheNuclearOne
5th October 2014, 11:02 AM
Haha he doesn't need any encouragement lol the man that's had 7 SLDR heads :D

:D

Shane788
5th October 2014, 05:28 PM
Will definitely be grabbing the low spin model early next year now though.

What this low spin version? I might wait for one of them.

hoggy33
10th October 2014, 10:07 AM
Hit the g30 demo at my club, hated it im all about feel and looks I didnt like it at address and felt it was lacking on feel and sound.
Tinny sound and not a great feel off the face.
I am use to tm drivers

JADO75
10th October 2014, 01:29 PM
Hit one with an aftermarket shaft & see if you change your mind

Jerrymoo
10th October 2014, 03:57 PM
Picked up a G30 recently.

Against the G25: spins a little less, and probably a little less forgiving.

Still, I like it; and the turbulators look pretty cool, IMO.

3oneday
10th October 2014, 04:10 PM
Given they aren't putting out an I of this, I'd say it should be less forgiving. I think they say that on their web description though, because the G25 was described as game improvement.

Having said that though, how "unforgiving" would a 460cc driver really be?

TheNuclearOne
10th October 2014, 04:15 PM
I'll hopefully have a review next week. Package came including two tips, just waiting for the driver which is due any day now. Aick as a dog at the mo but should still get a couple of shafts glued up. Looking at WB73/BB7/7M3/ATX65/Kiy Black/DI7/HD6/HD7. Probably go with WB73 and 7M3 to start as they are more ready to roll.

Can compare to G25/Anser/I25 among Ping. Gaming i25.

talbo
10th October 2014, 04:16 PM
Hit the g30 demo at my club, hated it im all about feel and looks I didnt like it at address and felt it was lacking on feel and sound.
Tinny sound and not a great feel off the face.
I am use to tm drivers

The stock ping shaft doesn't feel or work great for many including myself, shame really because it's likely a great club like the i25 driver.

TheNuclearOne
10th October 2014, 04:19 PM
Given they aren't putting out an I of this, I'd say it should be less forgiving. I think they say that on their web description though, because the G25 was described as game improvement.

It's going to be very very forgiving still. By all accounts the upcoming G30LST (low spin tec) will replace the i30 line. Super move by Ping to cash in on the hugely popular G series while easing out the i line imo. You would think there is a big chance LST FW's and Hybrids will come out, and there is a 50/50 debate whether their upcoming irons are called i30 or G30 Tour.

TheNuclearOne
10th October 2014, 04:21 PM
The stock ping shaft doesn't feel or work great for many including myself, shame really because it's likely a great club like the i25 driver.

Many find the cheap upgrade Tour 65 shaft pretty good. Supposed to be very similar to the DI6 profile.

TheNuclearOne
10th October 2014, 04:22 PM

Such a sleeper.

talbo
10th October 2014, 04:26 PM
Many find the cheap upgrade Tour 65 shaft pretty good. Supposed to be very similar to the DI6 profile.

Not sure I hit that shaft, but I hit the i25 with a bb6s and the stock black ping shaft and that club is awesome. If I didn't have so much invested in titty shafts and tips I would've bought an i25 for sure!

TheNuclearOne
10th October 2014, 04:30 PM
Not sure I hit that shaft, but I hit the i25 with a bb6s and the stock black ping shaft and that club is awesome. If I didn't have so much invested in titty shafts and tips I would've bought an i25 for sure!

The good news is your Titty shafts will go straight into your upcoming 915.

Dangals
10th October 2014, 04:32 PM
still loving my G30/BB6s combo - its just so easy to hit!

TheNuclearOne
10th October 2014, 04:34 PM
You don't make the wait any easier :D

Congrats too.

talbo
10th October 2014, 04:35 PM
The good news is your Titty shafts will go straight into your upcoming 915.

That was the plan ;-)

TheNuclearOne
10th October 2014, 04:37 PM
That was the plan ;-)

Oh how i know hahahahaha

Dangals
10th October 2014, 04:42 PM
You don't make the wait any easier :D

Congrats too.

no worries happy to help 8)

Thanks mate :mrgreen:

goonie
10th October 2014, 05:11 PM
Picked up a G30 recently.

Against the G25: spins a little less, and probably a little less forgiving.

Still, I like it; and the turbulators look pretty cool, IMO.

Interesting, I have been doing some research on this club and Ping are claiming that it is more forgiving/higher MOI than the G25.

davidw88
10th October 2014, 07:00 PM
Mine is on the shelf at the moment been using a bio cell plus that just seems to be longer and near as forgiving. Have a 915 on order so can't wait till they come out.

Croydo
10th October 2014, 08:01 PM
David are you looking to move yours on?
What loft is it ? I'm thinking about picking up a 10.5
If you looking sell shoot me a pm, and I'll send you through my mobile number so you can send me the pics.

davidw88
10th October 2014, 08:56 PM
Not at the moment mate, and mine is a 10.5, probably will sell the head in the future.

Hux
10th October 2014, 09:01 PM
Hit Nudgee's today on the 18th at Royal Nug - looks average but sounded good and certainly went well. Had the tour shaft - seemed smooth and whiteboardish in feel.

Knocked it @ 270+m seemed to have very good carry and a bit of roll out (not lots and our fairways are hard at present).

I could live with one - but my FT Tour is staying in the bag.

Horse
10th October 2014, 11:57 PM
PING said at the launch it is more forgiving than the G25 because they save weight with the new titanium they use in the face and putt he weight saved (5 grams I think) lower down and further back in the club. Also it is a bigger club head. Although they are limited to 460cc the channels cut in the sole don't displace as much liquid when they measure the volume of the head so they can make it bigger. G25 was the most forgiving driver before and with these changes they say it is even more forgiving.

Stuartd147
21st October 2014, 05:48 PM
Went for a Ping G30 driver fitting last week. First I hit my own SLDR 12* with AD DI 6S (fitted/pured at PPL and set at 11*) and creamed first drive, Sav's initial comment was that he thought we could not beat that with any driver he had there. But my next 4-5 hits with SLDR were not all in the middle and the distances/carry varied a lot. Speed was around 95mph and spin 2300'ish rpm. What he felt they could do with the G30 was help me launch the ball higher with more forgiveness. So we perservered and I liked the feel of the 10.5* with the stock stiff, out-carried the SLDR, went higher but spin was round 3000rpm....however my swing speed was up 3mph faster!! (must be the turbulators). Swung the SLDR again and could not get past 95mph.

We swapped over the shaft to their AD DI 6S and this resulted in slightly lower spin. Last we tried the Tour 65 stiff and got the best numbers but I am a bit concerned I may be heave-howing this heavier setup after a few hours.

Overall another great Ping fitting experience. I am not sure if I am ready to swap from my SLDR to the G30 just yet. A mate has bought the G30 in 10.5* with stock stiffy at our club so I am going to steal that for a day and try it out on the course. Will let you know how that goes.

mrbluu
21st October 2014, 06:01 PM
Went for a Ping G30 driver fitting last week. First I hit my own SLDR 12* with AD DI 6S (fitted/pured at PPL and set at 11*) and creamed first drive, Sav's initial comment was that he thought we could not beat that with any driver he had there. But my next 4-5 hits with SLDR were not all in the middle and the distances/carry varied a lot. Speed was around 95mph and spin 2300'ish rpm. What he felt they could do with the G30 was help me launch the ball higher with more forgiveness. So we perservered and I liked the feel of the 10.5* with the stock stiff, out-carried the SLDR, went higher but spin was round 3000rpm....however my swing speed was up 3mph faster!! (must be the turbulators). Swung the SLDR again and could not get past 95mph.

We swapped over the shaft to their AD DI 6S and this resulted in slightly lower spin. Last we tried the Tour 65 stiff and got the best numbers but I am a bit concerned I may be heave-howing this heavier setup after a few hours.

Overall another great Ping fitting experience. I am not sure if I am ready to swap from my SLDR to the G30 just yet. A mate has bought the G30 in 10.5* with stock stiffy at our club so I am going to steal that for a day and try it out on the course. Will let you know how that goes.

Thought you have been a little quiet, good to see the ho in you is still smashing along!!!

Stuartd147
21st October 2014, 06:23 PM
Thought you have been a little quiet, good to see the ho in you is still smashing along!!!

Been playing/practising snooker for past few months....played Australian Open last week and just knocked out in the last 8.....now back to golf!!!

mrbluu
21st October 2014, 06:34 PM
Been playing/practising snooker for past few months....played Australian Open last week and just knocked out in the last 8.....now back to golf!!!

nice work mate, do you ho snooker cues like you do golf clubs???

Croydo
21st October 2014, 06:36 PM

Where did you get fitted?
Ive been thinking about getting fitted, my pro offered to fit me on the flightscope we have at our course, but I'm not sure if we have the fitting cart and what shafts are in it, or if i just buy it with the stock shaft and try some of the shafts I have in my stash.

TheNuclearOne
21st October 2014, 06:51 PM

Do you know Mister Lucas from Brissie?

Captain Nemo
21st October 2014, 06:56 PM
Ive been thinking about getting fitted, my pro offered to fit me on the flightscope we have at our course, but I'm not sure if we have the fitting cart and what shafts are in it, or if i just buy it with the stock shaft and try some of the shafts I have in my stash.

Croydo, he was mentioning Sav, so headquarters in Sydney.
;)

Horse
21st October 2014, 07:00 PM

If Stuartd147 was fitted by Sav it will have be at AGS(PING Distriutor) head office at Caringbah. They have a fitting studio there. Your pro will be able to book you in if you like. Does not cost anything.

Croydo
21st October 2014, 07:22 PM
Cheers, I might shoot ping an email to find out what shafts they have.

Captain Nemo
21st October 2014, 07:38 PM
If Stuartd147 was fitted by Sav it will have be at AGS(PING Distriutor) head office at Caringbah. They have a fitting studio there. Your pro will be able to book you in if you like. Does not cost anything.
Fwiw, Sav is equal leader in our club champs, last round on sat!
;)

Stuartd147
21st October 2014, 07:39 PM
Do you know Mister Lucas from Brissie?
Is that Tommy Lucas you are refering to??

And...yes fitted in Sydney at Ping Centre, costs nothing just gotta book through a Ping agent/shop/pro....Stu

Steve
21st October 2014, 07:57 PM
I had a hit of the g30 on Sunday during the comp, 10,5 stock S shaft great carry no bounce or roll. I'm going to give the 9.5 a go.

TheNuclearOne
21st October 2014, 09:55 PM
Is that Tommy Lucas you are refering to??

Danik. Far better known for Billiards where he won an Australian title (and i just read something about 14 State titles in a row) and does things like 350+ breaks but he liked a game of Snooker now and again too. I know he was coaching and doing exhibitions a while back, not sure about now.

Jerrymoo
22nd October 2014, 09:44 PM
The sound of my G30 is kinda grinding my gears a little — anyone in Sydney that can add some hot glue/melt to the head for me? Already tried PPGL, and they can't do it on site.

JADO75
22nd October 2014, 09:51 PM
What loft did you get Jez?

Hatchman
22nd October 2014, 10:05 PM
The sound of my G30 is kinda grinding my gears a little — anyone in Sydney that can add some hot glue/melt to the head for me? Already tried PPGL, and they can't do it on site.

Just play it with ear plugs, make sure you get Lefties advice on what part of gear they have to match.

TheNuclearOne
22nd October 2014, 11:22 PM
Very nice driver. I found my 9* excellent paired up with a BB7 and am going to try a few more shafts in the next week or two.

Jerrymoo
23rd October 2014, 05:31 AM
What loft did you get Jez?

The 9 deg, Jado.

nadg63
23rd October 2014, 09:07 PM
One on The Bay of E at the mo:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ping-G30-Driver-Stiff-Flex-/321560343819?pt=AU_GolfClubs&hash=item4ade7d750b

Croydo
24th October 2014, 10:25 AM
Picked up a 10.5 this morning during the Drummond sale.
Where's the best place to get tips from?

Steve57
24th October 2014, 10:28 AM
Virge?

Croydo
24th October 2014, 10:31 AM
Not sure he had them when I was down at his place a couple of weeks ago.

Dangals
24th October 2014, 10:32 AM

I know Stealth had a couple but not sure if he still does

pt73
24th October 2014, 10:40 AM
There's some on Ebay OZ for around $24 posted.

Croydo
24th October 2014, 11:05 AM
Cheers, Ill have a look there as well.

goonie
24th October 2014, 11:26 AM

How much?

Croydo
24th October 2014, 11:33 AM
Goonie, I've pmed you the price I paid. Cheers

Croydo
24th October 2014, 04:54 PM
Has anyone tried a tour AD DI in one yet?
I've bought a tip from victoria and will try it first, I've also bought 5 tips from dct golf on eBay, that should arrive in a couple of weeks.

goonie
24th October 2014, 05:13 PM
Goonie, I've pmed you the price I paid. Cheers

Thanks

TheNuclearOne
24th October 2014, 06:58 PM
I've bought a tip from victoria and will try it first, I've also bought 5 tips from dct golf on eBay, that should arrive in a couple of weeks.

The ones from China?

Croydo
24th October 2014, 07:10 PM
Yep, I bought some cobra bio cell tips from them in the past and they worked fine.

TheNuclearOne
24th October 2014, 07:23 PM
Ok, let us know how they go.

Croydo
24th October 2014, 07:28 PM
From memory stealth got some bio cell tips from them before I did.

TheNuclearOne
24th October 2014, 07:46 PM
I think it was Benno having all the bio cell tips fail from China.

Shane788
24th October 2014, 08:09 PM
I have 6 SLDR tips from china, the $8 ones and none have failed.

Steve57
24th October 2014, 08:15 PM
I think it was Benno having all the bio cell tips fail from China.
It was the AMP Cell ones from China that Ben and I both had fail.

Shane788
24th October 2014, 08:35 PM
Where is the best price for a g30? Keen on getting a 9* soon.

BUSHY
24th October 2014, 11:31 PM
I think I just talked myself into getting one.

JADO75
24th October 2014, 11:40 PM
Got a bit of a shoot out happening in the morning before comp
Aldila Tour Green 65s
Matrix 6M3s
Kiyoshi White 65s
Kiyoshi Black 65s
Kuro Kage TiNi 60s
Matrix 6Q3s tour
Kiyoshi Purple 65s

Early leader is the 6m3 but I hit the black briefly this afternoon & it flattened the flight out a little, which I wanted & the Kuro could be a smoky

BUSHY
25th October 2014, 04:37 PM
I think I just talked myself into getting one.

Actually no. Hit one this morning. Definitely not for me.

aym
25th October 2014, 05:00 PM
Picked up a 10.5 this morning during the Drummond sale.Where's the best place to get tips from? Can you PM me a price too plz :)

Croydo
25th October 2014, 06:33 PM
Actually no. Hit one this morning. Definitely not for me.
what didn't you like about it ?

BUSHY
25th October 2014, 06:47 PM
what didn't you like about it ?

Feel and sound mostly, only had the non tour stiff shaft but the head felt "weak" if I could use that term. Didn't seem to get much out of it.

Was hitting it alongside a SLDR and my CT2.0 and wasn't really in the same ballpark as those two.

I thought I'd love it because I've hit a G25 and it was great, but this kind of let me down.. Felt forgiving though, I'll give it that.

JADO75
25th October 2014, 06:57 PM
Put an aftermarket shaft in the 30, changes sound & feel enormously

BUSHY
25th October 2014, 06:58 PM
Even the feel off the face?

JADO75
25th October 2014, 07:25 PM
Maybe not the face but if the results are great, you'll soon get over it.

Used mine with a Kiyoshi black today & loved it, high, low, cut or draw it was bloody awesome today. If early next years low spin model can offer similar forgiveness with lower spin it'll be pretty close to driver nirvana

Steve
25th October 2014, 07:27 PM
I gave the G30 ago, with one of the track man things. My 9.5 JS had 3700 spin and a launch of 15.2*. The 10.5 G30 was 2800 with a launch of 13.8. We then opened it the .6* and spin came down to 2400 and a launch of 13.1*. In the end the 10.5 G30 gives me a little more carry but also gives me some bounce and run. The flight profile fitted the recommended where the JS was double hight.

However I think if you get a G30 you will need earplugs as well

JADO75
25th October 2014, 07:29 PM
Stock shaft Steve?

Steve
25th October 2014, 07:45 PM
Stock stiff on the G30 I think it was about 60g

The g30 dispersion was about a third of the JS

goonie
26th October 2014, 04:43 PM

Only 10.5 reg flex G30s left at Drummond stores near me :-(

Croydo
26th October 2014, 05:01 PM
If your after a 10.5 I'd pick it up anyway, the stock shaft is a bit ordinary anyway, once my tips arrive I'll be doing some experimenting.

goonie
26th October 2014, 08:02 PM
Nah chasing a 9*

Croydo
26th October 2014, 08:09 PM
I saw this on eBay http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PING-G30-9-DRIVER-STANDARD-STIFF-PING-SHAFT-H-C-INCLUDED-/191386211183?pt=AU_GolfClubs&hash=item2c8f81d36f it might be worth bidding on.

TheNuclearOne
2nd November 2014, 12:08 AM
I'm now officially turbulated. Took a while to realise the potential of this driver but it's thriving now. Shaft of choice so far is a WB73 tipped 1/4" to keep the heavyish head under control. Just edged out the superlative GD BB7. I've only tried 3 shafts so will tip a few more up.

Sound and feel aren't standouts but everything else is. Definitely a flatter ballflight than the G25 and it does everything Ping says it will in comparison. I have no spin issues with it and forgiveness is unquestionable.

Next challengers will be the SLDR which i've now tweaked for head weight. BB7, Kiyoshi Black, DI7, Xcon6 and a couple of Accra's ready to roll. also on the list is a Bio Cell Pro, a 915 with Rogue and some sort of JDM to make sure i am not missing anything.

gazgolf1
2nd November 2014, 01:02 PM
I reckon you've got everything covered there......until the titty 915's come out 8-)

BUSHY
2nd November 2014, 01:33 PM
I'd definitely need to try the G30 again with different shafts. So many good things said and currently the #1 driver in the U.S. and Europe.

TheNuclearOne
2nd November 2014, 01:41 PM
I reckon you've got everything covered there......until the titty 915's come out 8-)

Hahaha. Bit of a dilemma choosing between the D2 and D3 because they have dropped the spin rates on the D2 and many are seeing similar low spin with more forgiveness from it. That bloody Eca and CT have got me interested (lightly) dipping my toes into a bit of JDM too.

TheNuclearOne
2nd November 2014, 01:46 PM
I'd definitely need to try the G30 again with different shafts. So many good things said and currently the #1 driver in the U.S. and Europe.

Took me 3 or 4 small sessions to bond. Actually once i put the WB73 in sheet got real pretty quick. First couple of hits it lacked a teeny bit of life, as much feel as anything. Livelier now and results are excellent. Now i'm not moving it on i'll untip the stocko and put something another shaft into the rotation, Kiyoshi Black maybe.

live4golf
2nd November 2014, 01:53 PM
What is a reasonable price for one of these?

JADO75
2nd November 2014, 02:44 PM
Got & used a 9* G30 head instead of my 10.5* with a kiyoshi black in comp yesterday in very trying windy conditions & couldn't be happier. Hit some very strong balls into the wind & downwind felt like I was cheating. Its consistency is amazing & it's definitely long enough (for anyone who has played Penrith, I drove it through the green on our par 4, 14th off the plates with a bit of wind up our bum & hard left to right). I also hit a few out of the toe but still found the fairway & list bugger all distance. Next experiment shaft wise will be TNO style 70 odd gram goodness.

TheNuclearOne
2nd November 2014, 02:58 PM
Next experiment shaft wise will be TNO style 70 odd gram goodness.

Good stuff Jado. SW can go up a little (think mine is now D4 at 45") but the 70 - 75 grammers in stable profiles can really tame the heavy high MOI head.

JADO75
2nd November 2014, 03:22 PM
Mates are taking the piss out of the turbulators & me using a Ping but I'll cop it if I keep driving the way I have of late

Croydo
2nd November 2014, 03:29 PM
I've just had Virge put a G30 tip on my tour ad di7s, we also tipped it half an inch, it's going to be playing at 44 1/2. In typical fashion ever since I bought the G30, my bio cell and oban kiyoshi purple has been working a treat while I have been waiting for tips to arrive. I need to sell my jetspeed and I'm looking at buying an ust elements chrome.

goonie
2nd November 2014, 03:42 PM
What is a reasonable price for one of these?
RRP is $486. most places are selling them between $420-440
Drummonds had 20% off RRP last week which was $388
They are still quite new so if you can get a secondhand one under Drummonds discount price you are probably doing really well.

JADO75
2nd November 2014, 03:46 PM
$388 is a great price, not too much above cost. For a brand new bat with warranty it's hard to go past.
I'll be 915ing soon but it'd want to be a boomstick to make me flick the 30

TheNuclearOne
2nd November 2014, 04:52 PM
Mates are taking the piss out of the turbulators & me using a Ping but I'll cop it if I keep driving the way I have of late

Just pump it past them, and point to tour usage LOL

TheNuclearOne
2nd November 2014, 04:53 PM
I paid around $340-50 for mine, was supposed to be excellent condition second hand but was brand spanking.

talbo
2nd November 2014, 05:45 PM
You guys are making me want to try this again.... Without the stock shaft this time!!!

TheNuclearOne
2nd November 2014, 06:04 PM
Waste of time for many trying it with the stock shaft only. The upgraded Tour shaft would be ok i reckon.

Croydo
2nd November 2014, 06:16 PM
From what I was told the ping tour shaft is backordered, they were about 30 days away when I last checked.

Steve
2nd November 2014, 06:24 PM
I was told at least 8 weeks for a tour shaft

JADO75
2nd November 2014, 06:27 PM
I know blokes that have waiting 3 months for their G30 with tour shaft, buggered if I'd wait that long

TheNuclearOne
2nd November 2014, 06:32 PM
Yeah just get one with anything and plug in an exotic.

Dangals
2nd November 2014, 07:19 PM
Yeah just get one with anything and plug in an exotic.

+1 exactly what I did.

JADO75
9th November 2014, 02:52 PM
Already have a 10.5 which I've been loving but recently got a 9 head, paired it with a kiyoshi black & it's pretty much perfect although I'd love it to spin just a little less. Found that I could still get the 10.5 ball flight if needed by teeing it up a bit higher but was getting a much stronger flight with the 9, which has helped plenty with the windy days I've played in of late. Was lucky enough to be given a Graphite Design 9003X driver shaft yesterday so it'll be Pingafied & smashed sometime this week.
Anyone know that adding hot melt will reduce the spin & forgiveness by much? Cheers in advance

Steve
9th November 2014, 05:31 PM
Have you, checker your spin rate with it dropped the .6*?

JADO75
9th November 2014, 06:01 PM
Happy with my traj matey, would like it to spin a little less though. My miss used to be right so opening the face scares me a little.
Do you think lowering the loft would drop the spin enough to be noticeable!

Steve
9th November 2014, 06:24 PM
On the machine I lost about 450rpm when we opened the face. Don't know if it works for all. Might be good to check on Tman type thing

Dangals
9th November 2014, 06:58 PM
I saw similar numbers when dripping mine down from the stock 10.5 - running it at 9.5 at the moment and only lost one right today but thankfully that was on a hole where there was room to do so. Overall it is so much better and if I want to hit it higher just tee it up higher like you said jado

Stuartd147
10th November 2014, 05:44 PM
I have 10.5*. I hit down a bit and got lower spin numbers with 10.5* than the 9*, which is what Sav at Ping said to me would happen, so dropping loft does not necessarily drop spin if you are a -ve AOA....stu

goonie
10th November 2014, 09:35 PM
Could someone with a G30 tip tell me the bore depth please?

TheNuclearOne
11th November 2014, 02:55 AM
I have 10.5*. I hit down a bit and got lower spin numbers with 10.5* than the 9*, which is what Sav at Ping said to me would happen, so dropping loft does not necessarily drop spin if you are a -ve AOA....stu

I'm struggling to see how this is possible unless the true lofts were out (if you hit both with same FA) or you flipped hard/swung differently trying to get the ball in the air :smt017

talbo
11th November 2014, 09:12 AM
I remember reading somewhere that you can reduce or increase spin depending on where it comes of the face, if I remember correctly a ball hit high out of the face will have less spin......?

Jerrymoo
11th November 2014, 11:02 AM
My G30 is working a lot better for me since I started teeing it down a bit more.

gazgolf1
15th November 2014, 01:04 PM
G30 no good for me, it goes no further than my RBZ Stage 2 TP, goneski.

meh
15th November 2014, 01:59 PM
G30 no good for me, it goes no further than my RBZ Stage 2 TP, goneski.

It would be straighter though, no? I liked the stage 2 but hit it all over the place.

gazgolf1
15th November 2014, 08:52 PM
It would be straighter though, no? I liked the stage 2 but hit it all over the place.

no opposite for me, Stage 2 is stoopid easy to hit, G30 sits shut when I lofted up and feels tinny. Even at standard loft its feels shut and wants to hook. Stage 2 sits square feels solid and just goes.

Croydo
15th November 2014, 09:03 PM
no opposite for me, Stage 2 is stoopid easy to hit, G30 sits shut when I lofted up and feels tinny. Even at standard loft its feels shut and wants to hook. Stage 2 sits square feels solid and just goes.

Did you try with an aftermarket shaft? It's night and day between how mine felt with the stock shaft and my tour ad di.

gazgolf1
15th November 2014, 10:16 PM
Did you try with an aftermarket shaft? It's night and day between how mine felt with the stock shaft and my tour ad di.

Nope, I cant really afford to at the minute

JADO75
26th November 2014, 06:23 PM
Hit the Oban purple in my 9* G30 for the first time at the range yesty arvo & liked what I was seeing. It was a little too high in my 10.5* but in the 9* was a nice strong flight that seemed to release well upon landing, looking forward to using it comp on Saturday. In other news, also been hitting a Callaway V series 9* with Speeder shaft I have, unbelievably sneaky good driver that whilst not as automatic as the G30 it is also stoopidly easy to hit, plenty long & is a much better head than both Big Bertha's

Icestorm959
26th November 2014, 11:06 PM
Hit the Oban purple in my 9* G30 for the first time at the range yesty arvo & liked what I was seeing.
Oh the irony [emoji3]

oldracer
10th December 2014, 12:29 PM
re read this thread a bit and noticed some like the sound of the G30 driver, heard one yesterday and was very surprised at how "tinny" it sounded and remembered when in FNQ I hit one in the nets at Drummonds and it didn't sound like I wanted to spend those dollars on it, each to their own I guess. If it goes long and straight I guess I could put up with it.

JADO75
10th December 2014, 01:14 PM
Sounds shit with the stock shaft, still sounds tinny with a different shaft but much more tolerable.

Also went back & got another 10.5 head, much better than the 9 all round. If I find myself playing when it's blowing a gale I'll just play another driver

TheNuclearOne
10th December 2014, 01:15 PM
I wouldn't be buying it for sound of feel, neither are outstanding that's for sure. Performance is where it's at on this one.

wizard_of_oz
10th December 2014, 01:57 PM
Sounds shit with the stock shaft, still sounds tinny with a different shaft but much more tolerable.Also went back & got another 10.5 head, much better than the 9 all round. If I find myself playing when it's blowing a gale I'll just play another driverWhat loft do you usually use on most of your drivers jado?

JADO75
10th December 2014, 09:24 PM
What loft do you usually use on most of your drivers jado?

Pre low centre of gravity drivers I was alway 7.5-8.5 but I'm playing mainly 10.5 these days.

oldracer
10th December 2014, 09:49 PM
I wouldn't be buying it for sound of feel, neither are outstanding that's for sure. Performance is where it's at on this one.understand TNO but a bit like standing over the top line of a club that just looks crap, might be outstanding for your game, shave heaps of shots off but it's just horrible, would have been a stock shaft as well.

oldracer
10th December 2014, 09:49 PM
do G25's sound the same????

TheNuclearOne
11th December 2014, 02:48 AM
understand TNO but a bit like standing over the top line of a club that just looks crap, might be outstanding for your game, shave heaps of shots off but it's just horrible, would have been a stock shaft as well.

For sure, personal preference is where it's at. I probably came across a bit vague, let me try again. If you are BIG on sound and feel steer clear. You could improve it with some judiciously placed hotmelt but it's already a heavy head.

goonie
14th December 2014, 10:57 PM
I think I have my G30 sorted now, SW was to low with the shorter (44.75') Diamana B60 and the Grip was too thin, also fitted my shotmaker which upped the SW a bit, had a good driving day with it yesterday.

I must agree that a different shaft does change the sound a bit from the stock shaft.

wizard_of_oz
19th December 2014, 11:05 AM
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/duncraig/golf/ping-g30-/1065262215

$300 for ping g30 driver anyone?

Scifisicko
22nd December 2014, 03:53 PM
In 2007 Bubba Watson's numbers with the G10 were ball speed 187mph/315y/55.7% fwh/1st for distance/188th for accuracy.
In 2014 his numbers with G25/G30 were ball speed 188mph/314y/60.46%fwh/1st for distance/102nd for accuracy.

The extra 5% accuracy is huge, but the 102nd ranked guy in 2007 hit 63% of fairways. It is possible the G30 is more accurate than the G10, but its more likley he is more accurate in '14 than he was in '07.

Whats for sure is the G30 isnt any longer or hotter than the G10. I also think turbulators are silly....(ducks)

TheNuclearOne
22nd December 2014, 07:26 PM
Why would it be longer when they are both .830 COR and fitted to the Nth degree on a guy that has a world class swing? I don't doubt the G30 may have contributed to some accuracy gain.

AlexMc
12th January 2015, 08:41 PM
Bought a G30 head last week - tried it with a stock Tour 65 shaft which felt alright but hit some cool high bombs - probably 10 metres longer than my SLDR.

Hit some this afternoon with an AD-DJ 7x - the thing is a rocket! It is so easy to hit straight and long. Let's see if the honeymoon lasts but it is a very good driver...

sven365
12th January 2015, 09:00 PM
Where do you buy a head from?

AlexMc
12th January 2015, 09:07 PM
Found one used on the forum. Already had the DJ - bought a tip from Golfworks. Only used the Tour 65 because that is what the pro had for me to use. Good shaft, just needed more weight.

oldracer
13th January 2015, 07:52 AM
well we now have the Ping G30 LS ........for those wanting less spin, seems Ping have now bought into the "more" philosophy of the other majors, more product, more BS, oh well, can't beat em join em I guess

TheNuclearOne
13th January 2015, 10:30 AM
well we now have the Ping G30 LS ........for those wanting less spin, seems Ping have now bought into the "more" philosophy of the other majors, more product, more BS, oh well, can't beat em join em I guess

Disagree. They've simply made a lower spinning version of the immensely popular G30. The G30 can now be fit an extra bracket of players, and the LS (with the other two) rounds out the G30 driver line nicely. The LS will do pretty much exactly as Ping says. just like the G30 did vs the G25.

Wenz
13th January 2015, 10:50 AM
I wouldn't expect drastic spin reduction changes. From reading mygolfspy they've only adjusted cg by the smallest of margains. They also state that people shouldn't expect anser/i25 spin rates.
After all, it still is a g series driver which is foremost about forgiveness over playability and spin reduction.

I'd love to know what lofts it will come in. Higher loft paired with a low/low shaft would yield very decent numbers, I think atleast.

Daves
13th January 2015, 10:55 AM
9* & 10.5*, there is also a Tour version of the LST.

TheNuclearOne
13th January 2015, 11:13 AM
I wouldn't expect drastic spin reduction changes. From reading mygolfspy they've only adjusted cg by the smallest of margains. They also state that people shouldn't expect anser/i25 spin rates.
After all, it still is a g series driver which is foremost about forgiveness over playability and spin reduction.

Spin reduction is 350-400rpm. This is actually pretty substancial.

aym
13th January 2015, 11:17 AM
sounds like the driver I am looking for..

mrbluu
13th January 2015, 11:28 AM
Spin reduction is 350-400rpm. This is actually pretty substancial.
TNHO, what are your thoughts on the G30 vs the JetSpeed? Which one is lower spin and more for giving.

TheNuclearOne
13th January 2015, 11:37 AM
TNHO, what are your thoughts on the G30 vs the JetSpeed? Which one is lower spin and more for giving.

With the two heads i have the Jetspeed is a little bit lower spin and lower launch, but the G30 sure isn't high. The Jetspeed is quite a low spin driver, absolutely.

Nothing is more forgiving than the likes of the G25 and G30. The Jetspeed is decently forgiving tho.

timah!
13th January 2015, 11:41 AM
Mark Crossfield seemed to like it first time out...

Dangals
13th January 2015, 11:44 AM
I am curious to see the difference between this and my g30 when I can... Certainly has my interest

Wenz
13th January 2015, 11:51 AM
Spin reduction is 350-400rpm. This is actually pretty substancial. Not really for me. I was getting 3.5k spin with the stock stiff. Maybe with a different shaft, might be a whole different club.

Dangals
13th January 2015, 11:56 AM
Not really for me. I was getting 3.5k spin with the stock stiff. Maybe with a different shaft, might be a whole different club.

Definitely a different club with an aftermarket shaft, well worth trying if you can get access to any

TheNuclearOne
13th January 2015, 12:11 PM
Not really for me. I was getting 3.5k spin with the stock stiff. Maybe with a different shaft, might be a whole different club.

I wouldn't be taking any notice of stock shaft numbers unless you like light c/b softer higher spinning shafts playing at 45.75" as a rule.

pt73
13th January 2015, 04:39 PM
Mygolfspy has an article on the upcoming low spin version of the G30.

http://www.mygolfspy.com/ping-g30-ls-tec-driver/

I was fitted at the Ping factory in Sydney and the results (same loft head) showed the G30 with stock stiff lowered spin with some extra ballspeed over my G25 with a Miyazaki Kusala Black 61 stiff.

3oneday
13th January 2015, 06:03 PM
So no more I series drivers then?

Sorry, high spin, low spin, all pointless versions unless you're a pro.

Swallowed by another marketing machine :)

I like Ping more than most brands, but this club will cater to too few, IMO ;)

pt73
13th January 2015, 06:20 PM

In the article Ping's Marty Jertson reckons it will suit 20% of their G30 market.

Scifisicko
13th January 2015, 06:26 PM

Pointless even if you are a pro...lots using the standard model eg Cabrera/Westwood/Watson. The marketing is shameless. In Bubba's Youtube video introducing the G30, he says 4 mph more ball speed and 10 yards more with G30 vs G25.

Jerrymoo
13th January 2015, 07:46 PM
9* & 10.5*, there is also a Tour version of the LST.

I noticed Golfsmith lists both an LST and LST Tour.

But on PING.com there's only one?

So same head with 'Tour' indicating PING's Tour 65/80 shaft rather than the TFC?

TheNuclearOne
13th January 2015, 08:04 PM
Pointless even if you are a pro...lots using the standard model eg Cabrera/Westwood/Watson.

Spin is a fitting tool and it doesn't matter whether you are a pro or amateur. The LS will still spin more than the likes of the SLDR and they are all over the tour. The I25 and Anser won over a lot of ams/hackers and the LS will not be lower spin than those two. There has been a recent trend toward lower spin offerings from almost all companies and they are being gobbled up by plenty. Good on Ping for offering something for those wanting lower spin while still playng a big footprint with decent forgiveness. Early reviews are good.

goonie
13th January 2015, 08:19 PM
Rick and Mark have vids up already, Rick with the X flex tour shaft, and Mark with the Stock shaft.

Looks like it's going into Mark's bag as he was getting his SLDR numbers with it, and Rick was just piping it down the middle. Rick is also going to do a G30 vs G30 LS Tec with the same shafts, and with S vs X flex shafts.

Looks like the biz. I might have to get on a LM and see what my numbers are like and see if the the LS is worth while.

Rick Shiels - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo-b5YiKHZk

Mark Crossfield - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0ezTJ_h5vM

Horse
13th January 2015, 11:11 PM
Yeah only one LS TEC head but two shaft options. Should see spin drop about 300rpm with TFC 419 and 500 rpm with the tour.

jocker
15th January 2015, 10:28 AM
I am looking to get a G30 and am interested in getting an after market shaft. Are any of you replacing the shaft worrying about swingweight etc? I typically play my driver at 44.5 inches. Is that going to be a major issue?

TheNuclearOne
15th January 2015, 11:32 AM
I am looking to get a G30 and am interested in getting an after market shaft. Are any of you replacing the shaft worrying about swingweight etc? I typically play my driver at 44.5 inches. Is that going to be a major issue?

The G30 has a pretty heavy head so playing it at 44.5" with a standard type shaft will sure balance things out somewhat. You may "want" to add a tad of weight depending on what shaft you use.

Archi
17th January 2015, 11:46 AM
Finally had a hit with one of these yesterday
9 degree with a Diamana Ahina 80 s which a friend of mine has scored through a pro friend
Had 5 drives with it in a hit and giggle 4 man ambrose - that we had NO chance of winning
After the initial - Wow - that head looks huge behind the ball !
The Wows just kept on coming
4 soft drawing mid flighted bullets , including one downwind that was downright HUGE !
Lasered it back to the tee to see how far it had actually gone and had to do it again ( & had mate check it ) , because i didn't believe what it was telling me
Now i am 6'4 110kg and have played off 5-8 ( 5.9 exact at the moment ) for the last 20 years and despite being a bowel cancer survivor & having turned 50 back in November thought my days of killing it were looong gone
but there it was the magical 300 on the dot
The one ( 3rd ) i pull hooked left was because i tried to smash it & forgot to turn and slid into it.
The mate isnt that keen on it & maybe coming my way
Which means the Razr Fit with 7M3 might finally get a rest in the back bedroom.

Steve
17th January 2015, 04:35 PM
I have just change my G30 over to my black tie 7m3 from the ping stiff shaft. Had a practice with it and it looks to have tightened up the left right dispersion, I will see in the comp tomorrow if the is any distance gains. It swings a lot smoother to me,

TheNuclearOne
17th January 2015, 05:51 PM
Great driver, probably the best overall driver released in 2014. Can't wait to get the LS.

AlexMc
18th January 2015, 07:45 AM
Broke 80 (79 with two penalties) for the first time in ages yesterday - hit 11/13 fairways with the G30 with AD-DJ 7x. It's making golf fun again!

live4golf
18th January 2015, 01:56 PM
Broke 80 (79 with two penalties) for the first time in ages yesterday - hit 11/13 fairways with the G30 with AD-DJ 7x. It's making golf fun again!

Good to hear! How does it feel with the heavier shaft, can you feel the head OK?

AlexMc
18th January 2015, 06:01 PM
Feels fine. Even takes some of the noise away. So easy to hit straight!

benno_r
18th January 2015, 07:53 PM
So whats the going rate for one of these bad boys?

You all have got me interested.

JADO75
18th January 2015, 08:37 PM
Damn it boys! Got me umming & aahing about whether to keep mine or not, it was just about out the door

Steve
18th January 2015, 08:59 PM
Damn it boys! Got me umming & aahing about whether to keep mine or not, it was just about out the door

Keep it :)

Archi
18th January 2015, 09:01 PM
The only reason the mate still has it in the bag is because he calls it the
"Fairway finder "
otherwise he hates the look, sound and feel
I certainly hit it way better than he did, possibly another reason he was going off it

benno_r
19th January 2015, 08:33 PM
Another question for the ping fans. How does swing weight go with a decent 65g shaft, cut to 44.5"? Ping claim the headweight is 206, so the stock shaft must be counterbalanced to sw @ d3 @ 45.75".

jocker
19th January 2015, 08:37 PM
Another question for the ping fans. How does swing weight go with a decent 65g shaft, cut to 44.5"? Ping claim the headweight is 206, so the stock shaft must be counterbalanced to sw @ d3 @ 45.75".

I am keen to hear answers to this questions. I am pretty sure the standard shaft is counterbalanced.

Steve
19th January 2015, 08:43 PM
BT 7m3 playing at 44.75 =SW D0.5 ( with 3 tapes & standard grip). On my scale

AlexMc
19th January 2015, 09:04 PM
I'm playing mine at 44.5" - I'm finding it fine, but in saying that I had a bit more weight in my 910/913 and found my SLDR a little light. I reckon I'm ptobably 10 metres longer than both with the G30...

goonie
19th January 2015, 09:54 PM
I swapped the stock shaft for a 44.75" Diamana B60 with shotmaker and the SW is the about the same.

Horse
20th January 2015, 09:44 AM
Stock blue shaft is counterbalance but the tour shaft isn't. That is why it plays a half inch shorter.

Spidermania
21st January 2015, 04:14 PM
What's the cheapest going rate for these? Impossible to find prices online due to pings policy

pt73
25th January 2015, 03:57 PM
Mine was around $460 from my club's proshop.

Steve
25th January 2015, 04:57 PM
Has anyone seen any different head weights for this driver ?

Daves
25th January 2015, 05:04 PM
Has anyone seen any different head weights for this driver ?

There are a few listed on US ebay, around $10/15 each pp. 8, 10, 12, 14 & 16g seems to be what is on offer, though there are odd number ones out of China.

Steve
25th January 2015, 05:23 PM
Thank you

jocker
25th January 2015, 05:46 PM
Do you know the stock weight is? Ie would 10 gm be lighter or heavier?