PDA

View Full Version : SA: Links Lady Bay - Sunday 17th August 8.04am

coalesce
24th July 2014, 09:37 AM
As discussed, here is the 2nd of our hopefully regular monthly SA get togethers. I created this as a new thread so we can keep track of it in the first post.

I have booked Lady Bay on Sun 17th Aug for 8 people, teeing off at 8.04am. Cost is $42 per person. If we want to add carts, it is $36 per cart.

Confirmed:

1. coalesce
2. nadg63
3. highballin
4. Chilled
5. thecollective
6. jasonb

Let me know if you want in (or out I guess)! We can review if we need the 2nd tee time nearer the time.

nadg63
24th July 2014, 01:11 PM
As discussed, here is the 2nd of our hopefully regular monthly SA get togethers. I created this as a new thread so we can keep track of it in the first post.

I have booked Lady Bay on Sun 17th Aug for 8 people, teeing off at 8.04am. Cost is $42 per person. If we want to add carts, it is $36 per cart.

Confirmed:

1. coalesce
2. nadg63
3. highballin
4. Wenz

Let me know if you want in (or out I guess)! We can review if we need the 2nd tee time nearer the time.

Lady Bay sucks but I'm in :)

Talart
24th July 2014, 01:17 PM
Apology from me would be great to play Lady Bay again. It is monthly Medal round and Handicap Champs Qualifying round on home track.

Wenz
24th July 2014, 04:00 PM
Im happy walking lady. Its not very hilly from memory.
Up to the other guys though. Happy either way.

highballin
24th July 2014, 06:47 PM
Yeah I will use new buggy gotta get some use out of it :)

nadg63
24th July 2014, 08:53 PM
Yeah I will use new buggy gotta get some use out of it :)

Got your 4-wheeler then! ?

highballin
24th July 2014, 09:29 PM
No Clicgear 3.5 had second thoughts.

nadg63
24th July 2014, 09:40 PM
No Clicgear 3.5 had second thoughts.

Better choice in my opinion ;-) 4-wheeler didn't look that stable to me!

coalesce
24th July 2014, 09:44 PM
Need 5 wheels for ultimate stability

nadg63
3rd August 2014, 08:38 PM
The Vines has been and gone, next up Lady Bay. Anyone else interested as at the moment it looks like we have five players as Chilled is keen to play. So anyone else ?????

thecollective
3rd August 2014, 09:58 PM
pencil me in at this stage

coalesce
3rd August 2014, 10:03 PM
Done :)

Wenz
5th August 2014, 09:41 AM
2 MORE NEEDED!
or worse comes to worse, 2 groups of 3.

Hatchman
5th August 2014, 03:19 PM
No go for me, family commitments.

Chilled
6th August 2014, 08:47 PM
Always look forward to playing Lady Bay :)

nadg63
6th August 2014, 09:27 PM
Always look forward to playing Lady Bay :)

Still don't get why .................... !? :roll:

Chilled
6th August 2014, 09:37 PM
Still don't get why .................... !? :roll:(a) About as good as you will get in terms of a links course in SA, (b) condition is normally immaculate so it is always a pleasure to play, (c) rated as one of the top 100 courses in Australia, and for good reason, (d) it's challenging with undulating hills, ample peppered green-side bunkering and water hazzards, (e) it is scenic, just take a look at the course from the second balcony when the sun sets, outstanding, (f) it's different from the metro courses I play regularly, (g) it's the first full and proper course I ever played so it has some sentimentality I guess (however this is minor), and (h) it's a god damned interesting course to play.

Yeah I think that just about covers it :D

nadg63
6th August 2014, 09:49 PM
(i) it's in the middle of nowhere! (j) it tends to be blowing a gale, (k) Mt Compass is more of a genuine Links course (l) Mt C is a more interesting course (m) must be a big backhander being paid out to get in the Top 100! (n) front nine and back nine are like going through the twilight zone - they seem to be part of two different courses!? (o) it sucks! :) ;)

Chilled
7th August 2014, 07:42 AM
(i) it's in the middle of nowhere! (j) it tends to be blowing a gale, (k) Mt Compass is more of a genuine Links course (l) Mt C is a more interesting course (m) must be a big backhander being paid out to get in the Top 100! (n) front nine and back nine are like going through the twilight zone - they seem to be part of two different courses!? (o) it sucks! :) ;)

(i) Middle of nowhere? It's like 80k's from Adelaide, you came down to Wirrina one day just to walk the course! (j) It is a (semi) links course, what else do you want/expect...heh, but for me it's been good more often than it's been blowing a gale (k) Not really, (l) Matter of opinion and Mt C has only (apparently) just made the top 100 course in Aus, but sure if you don't mind sleet, ice, and fog in winter, (m) How did Mt C get into the top 100?? (n) they call it variety? Hence the term "semi" links course (o) Top 100 courses list disagrees with you :D ;)

coalesce
7th August 2014, 08:20 AM
Do you 2 need to be kept in separate tee groups? ;)

Chilled
7th August 2014, 08:29 AM
Do you 2 need to be kept in separate tee groups? ;)Always a good idea because I always suffer 'nadg's curse' :D

nadg63
7th August 2014, 05:44 PM
Do you 2 need to be kept in separate tee groups? ;)

Always a good idea because I always suffer 'nadg's curse' :D

:D

Chilled
7th August 2014, 05:48 PM
One day I'll actually break the nadg curse and have a good game when he's in my group! lol

nadg63
7th August 2014, 05:58 PM
One day I'll actually break the nadg curse and have a good game when he's in my group! lol

That's still funny :D

highballin
7th August 2014, 07:01 PM

Funny it seems to work the other way for me I usually play well when in Nadg's group. One mans curse is another mans...

Wenz
7th August 2014, 07:37 PM
Dibs playing with nadg then.
Coalesce is my badluck charm.... Just kidding!

coalesce
7th August 2014, 07:38 PM
I play shit when I play with anyone :)

nadg63
7th August 2014, 08:08 PM
I play shit when I play with anyone :)

Lol :D

Wenz
7th August 2014, 08:16 PM
Don't we all.
#preferredlies

nadg63
10th August 2014, 01:14 PM
Believe JasonB will now be attending also!

Had to pack in after nine holes today due to my stuffed knee deciding to play up big time, hopefully will have come good by next week!? (that or better pain killers!)

thecollective
10th August 2014, 02:01 PM
im definitely in for Sunday - should be a good one

highballin
10th August 2014, 02:14 PM
Believe JasonB will now be attending also!

Had to pack in after nine holes today due to my stuffed knee deciding to play up big time, hopefully will have come good by next week!? (that or better pain killers!)

What's the deal Nadg is it cartilage problem ?

im definitely in for Sunday - should be a good one

That's good look forward to meeting another SA OzGolfer

coalesce
10th August 2014, 02:20 PM
First post updated. We're up to 7!

nadg63
10th August 2014, 03:06 PM

Woo-hoo!

nadg63
10th August 2014, 03:45 PM
What's the deal Nadg is it cartilage problem ?

That's good look forward to meeting another SA OzGolfer

More of a it's totally f****d problem really!

Had an accident at work back in '92 when they dropped something on me, wrecking my knee :( Have had 9 ops on it, screws in, screws out, cartilage out a couple of times, knee cap removed and 3 re-cons ........ These days there's pretty much no cartilage left in there so I regularly get a bone on bone collision going on in there when the upper and lower leg bones decide to get together, sometimes worse than others, today was bad! Am waiting on the OK from Workcover, (work accident so still covered), to get an injection in it to try and quieten it down a bit, but they are really USELESS so been waiting 6+ weeks already :( Eventually I am going to have a replacement knee but the doctors are trying to stall that as long as possible as they do wear out, then you're totally screwed after that!

Will definitely be there next week, as to what I'll be doing who knows ................ ?

highballin
10th August 2014, 04:13 PM
More of a it's totally f****d problem really!

Had an accident at work back in '92 when they dropped something on me, wrecking my knee :( Have had 9 ops on it, screws in, screws out, cartilage out a couple of times, knee cap removed and 3 re-cons ........ These days there's pretty much no cartilage left in there so I regularly get a bone on bone collision going on in there when the upper and lower leg bones decide to get together, sometimes worse than others, today was bad! Am waiting on the OK from Workcover, (work accident so still covered), to get an injection in it to try and quieten it down a bit, but they are really USELESS so been waiting 6+ weeks already :( Eventually I am going to have a replacement knee but the doctors are trying to stall that as long as possible as they do wear out, then you're totally screwed after that!

Will definitely be there next week, as to what I'll be doing who knows ................ ?

Geez that sounds painful. Would a cart make it easier on the day? Happy to go halfs if you want.

highballin
10th August 2014, 04:15 PM

The words got out we actually enjoy ourselves ;)

jasonb
10th August 2014, 07:39 PM
Im there for entertainment value, remember last outing..... 1st hole tee off!

Chilled
10th August 2014, 07:41 PM
Will definitely be there next week, as to what I'll be doing who knows ................ ?Didn't you have a sore knee last time at Lady bay? :p

Maybe time to get measured up for the zimmer frame!

highballin
10th August 2014, 08:13 PM

Haha yes that was funny. I laughed at you until I got to the first green and 4 putted. Wiped the smile off my face real quick.

Didn't you have a sore knee last time at Lady bay? :p

No that was the shoulder he's falling apart but we need the numbers :shock:

nadg63
10th August 2014, 10:11 PM
Geez that sounds painful. Would a cart make it easier on the day? Happy to go halfs if you want.

Will see how it's going mid-week!? Let you know.

Didn't you have a sore knee last time at Lady bay? :p

Nope, as HB says that was when my shoulder developed bursitis.

As I said, knee has been a problem for years, tends to do that when a piece of machinery falls on you and when you look down you can see bones :(

nadg63
11th August 2014, 05:51 PM

Oh yeah, had forgotten about that! :D

Wenz
11th August 2014, 06:01 PM
My availability is up in the air. Sorry gents. Will let you all know by end of working week.
Missus busted her knee and the boy is sick. Sigh!

Chilled
11th August 2014, 06:29 PM
Im there for entertainment value, remember last outing..... 1st hole tee off!What happened? Blocked it off the tee into never never land?

nadg63
11th August 2014, 06:49 PM
What happened? Blocked it off the tee into never never land?

What happens on the course stays on the course ;-)

Chilled
11th August 2014, 07:54 PM
What happens on the course stays on the course ;-)Evidently not...

http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/36852-The-Links-Lady-Bay-Sunday-December1st

....check and mate :D

coalesce
11th August 2014, 08:09 PM
Nadg are you sure you're not just allergic to Lady Bay?

nadg63
11th August 2014, 10:04 PM
Nadg are you sure you're not just allergic to Lady Bay?

Very likely!

highballin
11th August 2014, 10:25 PM
Very likely!

Don't worry we will carve it up on Sunday :wink:

jasonb
11th August 2014, 10:48 PM
What happened? Blocked it off the tee into never never land?

No, that's my standard drive.... this was better , 2 dribblers off the hosel, 1st one barely got off the tee block, 2nd got lost in the scrub left of the tee block . Instant scrub!

Chilled
12th August 2014, 08:32 AM
No, that's my standard drive.... this was better , 2 dribblers off the hosel, 1st one barely got off the tee block, 2nd got lost in the scrub left of the tee block . Instant scrub!I remember now, all coming back to me, just a brutal start!

Anyone for a wager, $5 on nadgy losing one off the first tee! :D

highballin
12th August 2014, 12:25 PM
I remember now, all coming back to me, just a brutal start!

Haha Nadg pressure is on!

nadg63
12th August 2014, 01:05 PM
I remember now, all coming back to me, just a brutal start!

You're now playing in the group ahead of us ........ ;-)

Chilled
12th August 2014, 02:07 PM
You're now playing in the group ahead of us ........ ;-)I'll be looking back ;)

nadg63
12th August 2014, 05:31 PM
I'll be looking back ;)

Gonna go through the never-to-be-used ball collection and see if there are any 'Distance' balls lurking in there to put in my bag! ;-)

Chilled
12th August 2014, 05:39 PM
Gonna go through the never-to-be-used ball collection and see if there are any 'Distance' balls lurking in there to put in my bag! ;-)Well I know you never hit your target so I will be completely safe :D

highballin
12th August 2014, 09:47 PM
Nadg I got the golf ball launcher you asked me to pick up on the way home from work. What could you possibly want one of these for.

jasonb
12th August 2014, 10:26 PM
Nadg I got the golf ball launcher you asked me to pick up on the way home from work. What could you possibly want one of these for.

31929 Are they R&A approved? might replace my driver with one

nadg63
12th August 2014, 10:46 PM

;-) :-)

Chilled
13th August 2014, 07:41 AM

31929Is this your way of saying nadg doesn't drive very long?

highballin
13th August 2014, 07:45 AM
It's all about accuracy length doesn't matter. That's what I've always told myself anyway :)

Wenz
13th August 2014, 04:20 PM
I won't be there. Sorry guys!

coalesce
13th August 2014, 04:39 PM
:(

OP updated.

Still 2x3-ball should still be good

highballin
13th August 2014, 06:44 PM
I won't be there. Sorry guys!

No worries Wenz might catch you next month.

nadg63
13th August 2014, 09:29 PM

Reckon a cart will be the go, as things are at the mo my knee just won't last out 18 holes walking, but all should be good with a cart.

Still want to share HB? (I know you've got your nice shiny new Clicgear ............. )

highballin
13th August 2014, 09:34 PM
Reckon a cart will be the go, as things are at the mo my knee just won't last out 18 holes walking, but all should be good with a cart.

Still want to share HB? (I know you've got your nice shiny new Clicgear ............. )

Yeah no problem plenty of days ahead for the clicgear.

nadg63
13th August 2014, 09:39 PM

Cheers, will book one tomorrow :-)

Anyone else requiring one?

nadg63
13th August 2014, 09:44 PM
Just found this on my latest Golf Link email:

http://www2.golflink.com.au/teetimes/VoucherFindCourse.aspx?state=5

Lady Bay @17% off -$35

highballin
13th August 2014, 09:50 PM
What does that cover is it just the round ?

nadg63
13th August 2014, 09:55 PM
What does that cover is it just the round ?

Yes, instead of $42!

highballin
13th August 2014, 10:00 PM
Fair enough that's my first beer covered. Will buy a voucher then.:D

Chilled
14th August 2014, 06:03 AM
Just found this on my latest Golf Link email:

http://www2.golflink.com.au/teetimes/VoucherFindCourse.aspx?state=5

Lady Bay @17% off -$35Been around for years now....be careful of the $4 admin fee per slot (I've queried this with them previously, didn't get anywhere)....makes it $39 so hardly worth bothering with really. Furthermore I presented one of these to them last year and Links Lady Bay pro shop had no idea about it. What the!?? They did honour it though.

nadg63
14th August 2014, 07:06 AM
Been around for years now....be careful of the $4 admin fee per slot (I've queried this with them previously, didn't get anywhere)....makes it $39 so hardly worth bothering with really. Furthermore I presented one of these to them last year and Links Lady Bay pro shop had no idea about it. What the!?? They did honour it though.

I'll ask later when I book a cart!?

Chilled
14th August 2014, 07:43 AM
I'll ask later when I book a cart!?I hope they know about it by now!

There's also 2 for 1 from Drummond (I'm a member), but you can't use it before 12 on weekends...

http://www.drummondgolf.com.au/partner/partnerdetail/index/id/43?postcode=&state=sa&range=10000&results=1000&partnertype=1

2 for 1 Green Fee - Valid 7 days (Excludes Public Holdays) & after 12pm on weekends. 10% off accommodation - You must notify staff of your Drummond Club Membership at the time of your booking. Please show DC membership card upon arrival. I might try it and plead ignorance on the "after 12" bit and see if I can get away with it :D

nadg63
14th August 2014, 07:57 AM
As you say Chilled once the admin fee is on hardly worth the effort with the GL voucher!

nadg63
14th August 2014, 01:23 PM

Cart booked, now to start loading up on pain killers to try and make sure my knee holds out.

highballin
14th August 2014, 07:54 PM
Cart booked, now to start loading up on pain killers to try and make sure my knee holds out.

You can do it !

thecollective
15th August 2014, 02:53 PM
As good as Fleurieu is - it is no match for Links Lady Bay. LLB its a love/hate course, many of the holes require some time to get used to in order to formulate strategy - but for $42 its a wonderful experience and probably one of the best value for money golfing experiences around town.

After playing Waikerie two days ago I would certainly put that course in the same category (value for dollar - but not top 100) - $30 for some of the best greens in S.A

TC

jasonb
15th August 2014, 05:10 PM
Good chance of raising the bat on sunday, going corporate facilties to Adelaide oval on Saturday night..... could get messy :)

coalesce
15th August 2014, 05:12 PM
Good chance of raising the bat on sunday, going corporate facilties to Adelaide oval on Saturday night..... could get messy :)

I'll wave at you from the normal people seats

nadg63
15th August 2014, 07:01 PM

Wimp!

Was gonna have a chat re Vines ......... ;-)

jasonb
15th August 2014, 07:26 PM
Wimp!

Was gonna have a chat re Vines ......... ;-)

I will be there, just expecting to see a lot of the course - might have to bring out the red pants so I can be found in the long grass!

highballin
15th August 2014, 10:25 PM
I will be there, just expecting to see a lot of the course - might have to bring out the red pants so I can be found in the long grass!

What more of the course than last time :roll:

nadg63
15th August 2014, 11:05 PM
What more of the course than last time :roll:

In with the knife there HB! :-)

You playing tomorrow also? (Coalesce is!)

highballin
15th August 2014, 11:48 PM
In with the knife there HB! :-)

You playing tomorrow also? (Coalesce is!)

Geez no I would never hear the end of it if I played both days on the weekend !

coalesce
16th August 2014, 06:56 AM
I can only get away with it because the mrs is working today

Chilled
16th August 2014, 07:29 AM
Weather could be ok for tomorrow....15 possible shower...

Partly cloudy. Isolated showers possible until late afternoon. Light winds becoming south to southwesterly 15 to 25 km/h in the morning then becoming light in the evening.

highballin
16th August 2014, 08:59 AM
I can only get away with it because the mrs is working today

Fair enough while the cat's away the mouse can play :lol:

nadg63
16th August 2014, 12:30 PM
Weather could be ok for tomorrow....15 possible shower...

Oh joy,

Lady Bay :(
Winds :( :(
Rain showers :( :( :(

Can't wait ..........................

highballin
16th August 2014, 01:37 PM
Oh joy,

Lady Bay :(
Winds :( :(
Rain showers :( :( :(

Can't wait ..........................

What's that I hear coming it's a waaaaahhhmbulance

nadg63
17th August 2014, 04:10 PM
The Links at Lady Bay .............................

Parred the first, pretty much downhill from there!

Yep, this course still sucks!

Was a good catch-up though, and got to meet another SA OzGolfer in The Collective. Believe that overall an enjoyable time was had by all - and Chilled got to claim his Pro-shop winnings from our last visit!

highballin
17th August 2014, 04:22 PM
The Links at Lady Bay .............................

Parred the first, pretty much downhill from there!

Yep, this course still sucks!

Was a good catch-up though, and got to meet another SA OzGolfer in The Collective. Believe that overall an enjoyable time was had by all - and Chilled got to claim his Pro-shop winnings from our last visit!

Yep very enjoyable day.

We now hopefully have the basis for a regular once a month get together at a different course each month.

thecollective
17th August 2014, 04:55 PM
Had a great time, thanks for the hit in good company!

TC

coalesce
17th August 2014, 05:09 PM
Really enjoyed this. I personally played OK and enjoyed the company and it was good to meet another couple of OzGolfers in jasonb and thecollective.

Here's to the next one - Chilled, it is your pick!

If anyone wants to relive my chopfest, it is here: http://www.gamegolf.com/player/coalesce/round/83229 I scored 101, 38 putts was the killer - couldn't get the pace of the greens right at all. Solid enough round for handicapping purposes tho. 2/3 done!

jasonb
17th August 2014, 06:30 PM
Great effort by the collective to leave home at 5.50am to make the journey to Lady Bay! I am absolutely stuffed, 4 hours of drunken broken sleep definitely didn't help my game today, started and finished with pars, buts lots of dont go fkn left in between

jimandr
17th August 2014, 10:16 PM
Is anybody going to post the scores (preferably in the opening post)?

nadg63
18th August 2014, 07:56 AM
Is anybody going to post the scores (preferably in the opening post)?

Doubtful, it was pretty ordinary in general though I believe Chilled managed 36pts. Coalesce was getting a card towards his handicap and I lost interest on the back nine.

Chilled
18th August 2014, 08:13 AM
Is anybody going to post the scores (preferably in the opening post)?I think most treated it moreso as a social outing, so I think of the group of six we had three that actually went in the comp. I had 36 (I love this course :D ), jasonb 24 and not sure of the other score.

But a good day out as always, and great to play this fantastic course once again!

Now to pick another course.....hmmm, I'm thinking somewhere down victor way maybe.....

Wenz
18th August 2014, 09:35 AM
Can we organise something for the 14th or 28th?
Obviously fathers day is the first weekend of the month and I've got my sons 1st birthday on the 21st.

coalesce
18th August 2014, 11:10 AM
14th Sep is a holden scramble at the Vines, whereas 28th is stroke medal so my vote would be for us to play 14th ;)

Wenz
18th August 2014, 11:55 AM
Anyone played Mount Osmond?

Chilled
18th August 2014, 01:00 PM
Anyone played Mount Osmond? Most here would have played it....pro tip: don't play it in winter!

highballin
18th August 2014, 06:33 PM
Anyone played Mount Osmond?

Yeah love it. Give it another month or two will be perfect for an ozgolf day.

nadg63
18th August 2014, 06:42 PM
Yeah love it. Give it another month or two will be perfect for an ozgolf day.

I've played it, as mentioned wait until it's dried out a bit, gets very muddy/boggy.

Not been to South Lakes so keen on that :-)

Chilled
22nd August 2014, 07:08 PM
They FINALLY got the comp scores up on GL today.....looks like they run a five/six day comp now. Never used to be like that.

coalesce
22nd August 2014, 07:12 PM
Where did you come?

Chilled
22nd August 2014, 07:16 PM
Came first.....next up was a few 33's and a 24, 23 and 21. So first out of 7 people :p

nadg63
22nd August 2014, 07:25 PM
No wonder you like playing there! Well we know who the 24 & 23 came from ..... ;-)

coalesce
22nd August 2014, 07:56 PM
What did you win? A tee?

Chilled
22nd August 2014, 07:59 PM
What did you win? A tee?Probably same as last time...which was $14 pro shop money....or basically three golf balls.

But they've changed it now, you only have four months to pick up your winnings.

coalesce
22nd August 2014, 08:03 PM
Pick them up on the way to south lakes ;)

Chilled
22nd August 2014, 08:06 PM
Pick them up on the way to south lakes ;)Bit out of the way! :p

I tended to go the Clarendon way though.

highballin
23rd August 2014, 09:42 PM
Came first.....next up was a few 33's and a 24, 23 and 21. So first out of 7 people :p

Good work Chilled if you were a racehorse your form would read Lady Bay specialist get on !

Chilled
23rd August 2014, 10:12 PM
Good work Chilled if you were a racehorse your form would read Lady Bay specialist get on !Maybe it favours the fader? Not sure really.

Anyways, fade for me is now old school.....this new G30 is now sending it the other way....what the!??? Had a horrendous game today, -9 :(

coalesce
23rd August 2014, 10:15 PM
New pro shop thread coming up!

nadg63
23rd August 2014, 10:25 PM
New pro shop thread coming up!

Haha :D

You play today Coalesce?

coalesce
23rd August 2014, 10:47 PM
Yes badly. Managed to lose a ball in open space!

nadg63
23rd August 2014, 11:04 PM
Yes badly. Managed to lose a ball in open space!

That happens quite a bit at The Vines!