PDA

View Full Version : Winners and losers

Fishman Dan
25th February 2006, 06:09 PM
With footy season(s) firing up, let's have a bit of a think-tank - who, in any code you've got 'expertise' in, will take the Flag, and the Wooden Spoon?

AFL

The Winners - You've got to lose one before you win one. This team hasn't been to the big show for a while, but they've arguably had the best team going around. My pick is St Kilda.

The Spooners - After watching tonights NAB cup game, I think we saw the spooners in the game between Hawthorn and Richmond. I'm sitting on the fence here, and will say these 2 teams will battle it out. Richmond have the better coach, but they've also got Richo, and if Nathan Brown doesn't have a good season then they are firm faves.

Collingwood, Essendon and dare i say it, Carlton, are also in with a show.

NRL

The Winners - Love to say the Tigers, but I can't back them in confidently. Also refuse to acknowledge St George and the Roosters, but between these three teams is the winner.

The Spooners - Hard to go past the NZ Warriors, without any competition points, money, and Stacey Jones.

Moe Norman
25th February 2006, 07:43 PM
AFL is so dependent on injuries these days it's hard to say.

I'll go for the sleeper team. Geelong for the flag. They've missed out narrowly on the big show the past couple of years and if their big guns stay fit I think they can do it. Also, go pies!

League: don't really care, but the storm look solid with their recruitment. Cowboys can take the next step also. Prelim -> finalist -> premier? Massive home ground advatnage will see them finish Top 4.

Super 14: Probably groundhog day with the Crusaders again. Brumbies have the firepower to beat them, nobody else does.

Edit:
Spooners
AFL - Blues/Demons
League - Warriors/Panthers
Super 14 - Force/Cats

mike
25th February 2006, 11:29 PM
NRL: Dragons have been the best side for the last two years. Beaten by bad luck. They WILL win this year.
Tigers are no chance. They had their fairy tail. Benji's shoulder is rooted and it's only a matter of time before one of his knees explodes. Gotta admit Prince has the best kicking game I've seen since Ricky Stewart.
Warriors or Bunnies for the wooden spoon.

Super 14: That Kiwi team that wears the red jumpers.

AFL: Who cares

Moe Norman
25th February 2006, 11:53 PM
rabid fans never accept defeat.

Grunt
26th February 2006, 06:09 AM
Winners

NRL : Hate to say it but the feeling I have is the Eels might just finally get one, all the other teams in the comp rely on one or 2 players, Parra don't seem to have that problem.

S14 : Waratahs may go ok but top 4 only, one of the Kiwi teams will win once again.

AFL : Swans repeat :-D , no real idea though

Losers

NRL : Canberra, no chance

S14 : Force

AFL : NFI

markTHEblake
26th February 2006, 06:19 AM
I never let my emotions get in the way when predicting football, so my pick is Premiers Collingwood, Spooners, Carlton.

come to think of it that might have been my prediction last year, and maybe the year before that too.

AndyP
26th February 2006, 08:24 AM
West Coast might win the premiership this year after going so close last year. Especially if they get a forward line that works. A lot of class there.

Carlton for Wooden Spoon. Don't think they have shown anything to indicate that they are on the way up soon.

No interest in the other two.

terryand
26th February 2006, 11:52 AM
NRL: Dragons have been the best side for the last two years. Beaten by bad luck. They WILL win this year.
Tigers are no chance. They had their fairy tail. Benji's shoulder is rooted and it's only a matter of time before one of his knees explodes. Gotta admit Prince has the best kicking game I've seen since Ricky Stewart.
Warriors or Bunnies for the wooden spoon.

Super 14: That Kiwi team that wears the red jumpers.

AFL: Who cares

Beaten by bad luck,yeah right,more like beaten by no ticker.

Terry.

mike
26th February 2006, 12:46 PM
Beaten by bad luck,yeah right,more like beaten by no ticker.

Terry.

St George in 2005. Dead last after 6 rounds. Fought back to equal 1st by season end. Lost to a red hot Tigers in their last game. ( I hate Benji )

Broncos in 2005. Up near the lead half way through the season, then lost 53 games in a row.

What was that you said about ticker ?

terryand
26th February 2006, 01:13 PM
St George in 2005. Dead last after 6 rounds. Fought back to equal 1st by season end. Lost to a red hot Tigers in their last game. ( I hate Benji )

Broncos in 2005. Up near the lead half way through the season, then lost 53 games in a row.

What was that you said about ticker ?

Last 13 years....

Broncos,5 grand finals....5 wins

Dragons,3 grand finals.... :-k

http://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gifhttp://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gifhttp://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gifhttp://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gifhttp://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gif

Your turn Mike.

Terry.

Jarro
26th February 2006, 03:58 PM
NRL

winners = Parramatta/Roosters/Storm .. take your pick there ;)

losers = Souths (sorry Grant)

Super 14 = :smt017

AFL = :smt061

Grunt
26th February 2006, 04:39 PM
NRL

winners = Parramatta/Roosters/Storm .. take your pick there ;)

losers = Souths (sorry Grant)

Super 14 = :smt017

AFL = :smt061

No Worries Jarro I think they will finish in the lower half of the ladder but not at the extreme bottom, they will become a pest for team tryiing to make the top 8 at the end of the season.

Moe Norman
26th February 2006, 09:31 PM
MTB all the **** you cop on here is undeserved, you are a ****ing great bloke with those predictions.

jimandr
26th February 2006, 09:33 PM
The easy one first.

Crusaders in the Super 14. Maybe an all NZ top 4. Western Force to not win a game and fold at the end of the year.

AFL, I can see a couple of sides hardly losing a game, then St Kilda and West Coast meeting in the GF. St Kilda are the St George of AFL. If they don't win this year they'll never win one. Hawthorn for the spoon.

League is hard this year. It's easier to say why teams won't win than to find one that will. Maybe North Q will be the last team standing after the others kill themselves with infighting. Souths for the spoon after Piggins wins the boardroom battle, but destroys the club doing it.

There's always next year!

3oneday
26th February 2006, 09:42 PM
Winners
Bulldogs, Bulldogs and who cares

Losers
Raiders, Broncos, Broncos, Broncos and Broncos, oh, and who cares.....

:lol:

drunken
27th February 2006, 06:10 AM
Last 13 years....

http://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gifhttp://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gifhttp://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gifhttp://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gifhttp://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gif

Your turn Mike.

Terry.

At least get it right Tez, they've been in 4 & lost 4. Although I'll forgive you as everyone seems to forget the Dragons V Manly Final in '96 :oops:

mike
28th February 2006, 12:30 AM
The winner of this debate is gonna depend on how far back you wanna go.

Last 13 years....

Your turn Mike.

Terry.

Last 46 years...

Dragons , 17 grand finals...13 wins

Last 6 months...

Broncos, 14 games ...2 wins.

Your turn Terry

Mike

Jarro
28th February 2006, 06:20 AM
settle down mike or else i'll have to join in this ;)

drunken
28th February 2006, 06:31 AM
Mike I wouldn't worry Jho has got nuttin

Jarro
28th February 2006, 06:33 AM
shudup you :smt098

Grunt
28th February 2006, 06:53 AM
The winner of this debate is gonna depend on how far back you wanna go.

Last 46 years...

Dragons , 17 grand finals...13 wins

Last 6 months...

Broncos, 14 games ...2 wins.

Your turn Terry

Mike

Mike

You got it wrong
St merge Illawarra 0 Premierships, up there with Cronulla on 0.
Even the other merged club beat you to the 1st win by a merged entity, Maybe the Gold Coast titans will beat you to it too.

mike
28th February 2006, 07:32 AM
Ouch.

OK, here's where I get out without too many scars.

I've only followed the Dragons since '99 when they merged with the Steelers.

Prior to that I was passionate Illawarra supporter and didn't give two hoots what happened to the Dragons.

Now the next time anyone mentions the '99 Grand Final , I'm ... I'm ... going back to ISG.

markTHEblake
28th February 2006, 08:01 AM
99 Grand Final

terryand
28th February 2006, 08:04 AM
Mike, you can only go back as far as the history of the youngest team in the debate. So from 1988 its... 5 ....blot.

Why can't you accept that the broncos are the most successful team of the last 20 years(even though they have been in for 17 of those years)

You can't compare this current SG tickerless team with the icons of yesteryear

So the 11 in a row don't when they bought the entire national team,thank God for salary caps.

Terry.

mike
28th February 2006, 08:33 AM
Mike, you can only go back as far as the history of the youngest team in the debate. So from 1988 its... 5 ....blot.

Why can't you accept that the broncos are the most successful team of the last 20 years(even though they have been in for 17 of those years)

So the 11 in a row don't when they bought the entire national team,thank God for salary caps.

Terry.

Hoo boy, settle Terry.

I just hate the Broncos. Everyone hates the broncos. Even Broncos supporters hate the Broncos.

:-D

99 Grand Final

:evil:

Jarro
28th February 2006, 08:59 AM
I just hate the Broncos. Everyone hates the broncos. Even Broncos supporters hate the Broncos.

i don't hate them.

Why do you hate them mike ?

drunken
28th February 2006, 09:05 AM
The same reason we hate Wayne...We just do :wink:

Jarro
28th February 2006, 09:06 AM
The same reason we hate Wayne...We just do :wink:

Why ??

Grunt
28th February 2006, 09:14 AM
Well I don't hate them but I must admit I enjoy seeing them lose. I hate the Sydney Feather Dusters though

terryand
28th February 2006, 09:44 AM
i don't hate them.

Why do you hate them mike ?

Tall poppy stuff I guess Jarro :confused:

Terry.

drunken
28th February 2006, 10:32 AM
He just comes across as very arrogant. He has a high profile job, yet doesn't want have ANYTHING to do with the media. It may just be the way he is portrayed in NSW but who knows.

terryand
28th February 2006, 11:39 AM
He just comes across as very arrogant. He has a high profile job, yet doesn't want have ANYTHING to do with the media. It may just be the way he is portrayed in NSW but who knows.

I guess a lot of people confuse quiet and keeping to yourself as arrogant.

So he not a media tart like Gould and Stuart.

Terry.

mike
28th February 2006, 02:17 PM
You'll find everybody who originated from south of the border hates the Broncos.

BTW I've got the utmost respect for Bennett. Terrific coach, terrific person.

Moe Norman
28th February 2006, 02:37 PM
i don't dislike or like the Bronco's, but Wayne bennett is a premium waker of the 1st degree. and yes i have met him several times.

Eag's
28th February 2006, 05:25 PM
Man I can't wait for this season to kick off :-D
There is going to be all kinds of $hit flying around in here :smt002

For my 10c worth, I admit the Broncos as a club have been very successful over the last 17 years, and I am a big fan of Wayne Bennett.

I think the media have just decided to print what they like about him and don't really understand the man at all :evil:

Then you have a tosser like Gould who is an ego maniac and loves getting his ugly melon on
camera any chance he gets, and the media love him, go figure :confused:

I have been a Dragons man since I was 6 years old and have stuck with them through thick & thin.
I grew up in North QLD where everyone was a Broncos supporter, so you can imagine the amount of $hit I copped
when we were done over in back to back years by the Broncos :smt087

I don't hate the Broncos, but I get way more pleasure out of beating them than any other team in the NRL :mrgreen:
I would like nothing more than to see a Dragons V Broncos Grand final this year, but I don't think you guys will make the top 4 :razz:

Go you mighty Dragons
Bring on season 2006!!

Fishman Dan
28th February 2006, 08:10 PM
Eags - that's classic denial. His actions during and since the Kangaroo Tour have been terrible.

We'll see if he's lost it at club level, but seeing the end of season '05 doesn't fill you with much hope.

terryand
28th February 2006, 08:13 PM
Eags - that's classic denial. His actions during and since the Kangaroo Tour have been terrible.

We'll see if he's lost it at club level, but seeing the end of season '05 doesn't fill you with much hope.

Yeah Fishy,I guess you're right his form at the end of last season was shocking...

Refusung to take the ball up and missing all those tackles,yeah I guess you're right he played sh!thouse didn't he.

Terry.

mike
28th February 2006, 08:18 PM
:roll:

It's hard to imagine anybody else coaching Brisbane.

18 years. Is that a record ?

Eag's
28th February 2006, 08:38 PM

Denial of what exactly fishy??
Because he shunned the media :confused:
So the Kangaroo's performance last tour was his fault alone :roll:
It would not of mattered who was coaching them on that tour, the players didn't put in period!

Moe Norman
28th February 2006, 11:55 PM
I think the media have just decided to print what they like about him and don't really understand the man at all nope, he's just a selfish wanker.

I'm involved in the organisation of the three code lunch each year, which is attended by Reds, Broncs and Lions players and staff and a bunch of corporates. It's the Brain child of Lethal and raises tonnes of money for charity. Bennett insists on being paid to attend, last year during the session up on stage where the three coaches all chat and answer questions for the crowd Benet gave one word answers and didn't look up from his chair.

then to everyones horror, about 30 seconds after the final meal was served, every Bronco in the room got up and left and most apologised to the table guests with the words "sorry Wayne's orders"

The recently one of my best mates who was a groomsman at my wedding in September sufffered a shocking heart problem while out jogging and was in a coma for 3 weeks and is now in hospital basically relearning how to live life. this same guy, had a Bronco's contract only 2 years ago, and is still a massive fan. SO i gave Wayne a call to see if he could drop in to visit. response "why would I want to visit a washed up footballer who looks like he could be a vegetable" real nice guy....

I have plenty of other examples, but to be short and sweet, the guy is an oxygen thief who I wouldn't **** on if he was on fire

Jarro
1st March 2006, 06:26 AM
that's sad Moe, i find it hard to believe a guy who has a disabled son could act like that to somebody who's fallen on hard times.

I'm sure there are other examples of Wayne's generosity around, but sadly most peopl tend to only want to focus on his shortcomings.

Being such a prominant public figure, you'd like to think the guy could at least try and do the right thing more often, and appear to be a happier, more sociable chap... but i don't think that's ever gonna happen.

My missus has a younger brother with severe cereberal palsy, and i know for a fact that WB and the Broncos boys do a LOT of work raising money/doing public appearances to help him and his mates out.

When the media are not around, i think you'll find that the real Wayne would stand up ..... he seems to have a real hatred of them.

At the end of the day, he's a football coach ... and should be judged on that and that alone. Ask any of the guys he's coached over his 17 years at the Broncos and i'm pretty sure ALL of them would say he's a great guy, but most important of all, he's a great coach.

Fishman Dan
1st March 2006, 06:42 AM
I think the media have just decided to print what they like about him and don't really understand the man at all

That part Eags. I'm not taking a hard-line as Moe did :lol:

As a coach you have public commitments, and although he's a shy bugger (i would be too if i was that ugly), all the media had to work with was a bloke who returned from a complete failure of a Kangaroo Tour - after taking a dubious team over there - and tried to run away from his responsibilities.

I thought he was tough, all he had to do was front the media and cop it on the chin but he tried to run away and hide.

terryand
1st March 2006, 06:59 AM
Fishy I think you are missing the point as to why he bypassed the media when he got home home.His reason and point was that he had been grilled (at length) at a press conference after the match over in England.He figured why repeat everything I said there again to the same media outlets that grill him 48 hrs earlier.

Terry.

Moe Norman
1st March 2006, 08:46 AM
My missus has a younger brother with severe cereberal palsy, and i know for a fact that WB and the Broncos boys do a LOT of work raising money/doing public appearances to help him and his mates out the players have been fantastic.

If he hates trhe media (you kno those guys tha pay his million dollar salary) he should change his occupation.

Fishman Dan
1st March 2006, 05:47 PM
Fishy I think you are missing the point as to why he bypassed the media when he got home home.His reason and point was that he had been grilled (at length) at a press conference after the match over in England.He figured why repeat everything I said there again to the same media outlets that grill him 48 hrs earlier.

Terry.

It's exactly the point. So you also exonorate his behaviour. No big surprises there.

He actually went out the back door to avoid a gathered press conference, as booked by the ARL.

drunken
1st March 2006, 06:00 PM
as booked by the ARL.

I think that's the point right there. His employers booked the press conference & he didn't have the decency to turn up. You might be able to get away with that kinda stuff when the QRL is involved....

terryand
1st March 2006, 06:37 PM
It's exactly the point. So you also exonorate his behaviour. No big surprises there.

He actually went out the back door to avoid a gathered press conference, as booked by the ARL.

Why wouldn't he after a 30 hour flight. So your saying he has to repeat what he said to the London based Daliy telegraph reporter to the Aussie based reporter 30 hours later.

hell Fishy you won't listen to what the man says once so why would you want to hear it twice anyway :smt017

Terry.

Fishman Dan
1st March 2006, 07:06 PM
Tez - i'm not saying he has to. His job did.

You're right, i didn't want to hear any more excuses from him as to why we got repeatedly spanked :lol: Stop trying to make this a personal thing about me?

terryand
1st March 2006, 07:12 PM
Stop trying to get all warm and fuzzy with mw fishy.....

And if you think this is personal, maybe you better take your tutu off :mrgreen:

Terry.

Fishman Dan
1st March 2006, 07:28 PM
If i keep this up i swear you're going to try and go me with one of your wacky smilies :lol:

3oneday
1st March 2006, 09:05 PM
Stop trying to get all warm and fuzzy with mw fishy....ok, I was fine for a while, but who the hell is mw ???? :-?

Jarro
2nd March 2006, 04:50 AM
ok, I was fine for a while, but who the hell is mw ???? :-?

don't ask ME ;)

Virgal_Tracy
2nd March 2006, 10:06 AM

Terry.

Sorry Terry but I think saying that STG bought the premierships is a bit rich from a Broncos supporter. noone south of the border can understand how the Broncos kept all of those state and national players under their salary cap legally. The Bronco's were virtually running around with a State of Origin side each week.

Plenty of other teams do it just that there seemed a more even spread of talent in Sydney.

Jarro
2nd March 2006, 10:21 AM
i think you'll find Parramatta and the Sydney feather dusters had a more expensive team running around each week :roll:

terryand
2nd March 2006, 10:26 AM
Sorry Terry but I think saying that STG bought the premierships is a bit rich from a Broncos supporter. noone south of the border can understand how the Broncos kept all of those state and national players under their salary cap legally. The Bronco's were virtually running around with a State of Origin side each week.

Plenty of other teams do it just that there seemed a more even spread of talent in Sydney.

But aleast that 95% of that side came through their junior ranks.Plus I guess it just goes to show the respect the player have for Benny too.To take a pay cut and stay or go for the money and get coached by a tosser like Gould or Stuart.

The only 2 big names that the Broncos imported from memory was Lazarus and Tallis and Tallis hadn't proven himself either at that stage.

The most current S of O players in one team was 7 or 8 from memory,sure thay might have had former state reps still in the team,but they weren't in that years S of O team.

Terry.

brad
2nd March 2006, 11:43 AM
All that aside ...

NRL - St George - just because

Super14 - Tah's - see above

AFL - Swans - I'm still on the band wagon .. eh AndyP:smt002

Virgal_Tracy
3rd March 2006, 07:57 AM
Big call Tez saying that they were almost all juniors they brought through. If you class all of queensland as there drawing area then you are right. That's why they objected so much to another Queensland team coming into the comp. The old Gold Coast teams helped by being badly run but now that they have to compete for players in Queensland ..... well we've seen what has happened to the once mighty Broncos.

Jarro
3rd March 2006, 08:21 AM
that's the thing though Virgil, the Broncos don't have exclusive rights to all the young talent in QLD.

Artie Beetson and his feather-dusters go flat out up here signing 16 year olds to long term contracts.

Every club in the comp has as good a chance as any to sign a young kid from QLD, and they regularly do.

Iain
3rd March 2006, 10:23 AM
that's the thing though Virgil, the Broncos don't have exclusive rights to all the young talent in QLD.

Artie Beetson and his feather-dusters go flat out up here signing 16 year olds to long term contracts.

Every club in the comp has as good a chance as any to sign a young kid from QLD, and they regularly do.

But thats only the last 5 or so years. Before that, Southern teams weren't really scouting up here to much, so they had the state to themselves.

Jarro
3rd March 2006, 10:33 AM
don't think so Iain, i think scouts have been up here for yonks ..... you can't tell me every player to play for a Sydney club came through the juniors for their respective clubs... hell, a lot of them probably never played any junior footy in NSW at all.

Iain
3rd March 2006, 10:56 AM
don't think so Iain, i think scouts have been up here for yonks ..... you can't tell me every player to play for a Sydney club came through the juniors for their respective clubs... hell, a lot of them probably never played any junior footy in NSW at all.

But not like they are now..... All the sydney clubs didn't have affiliation's with QRL clubs 10years ago, like they do now!! Sure they would've had scouts, but not as many as today.

Jarro
3rd March 2006, 11:07 AM
for sure, todays game is much more professional than it was even 5 years ago.

I'm saying that they've had scouts from down south roaming around up here for ages

Moe Norman
3rd March 2006, 11:10 AM
a teammate of mine was signed by the Bronco's in 1994 when we were in grade 8. Then at the state champs for Union in 1996 two of our team got signed by the Eels and were only playing under 15's at the time and playing a different sport. so they've been around up here for a while....

Iain
3rd March 2006, 11:19 AM
a teammate of mine was signed by the Bronco's in 1994 when we were in grade 8. Then at the state champs for Union in 1996 two of our team got signed by the Eels and were only playing under 15's at the time and playing a different sport. so they've been around up here for a while....

Yeah I know, I'm not saying they were never here, but there probably wasn't as many of them around then as there is now....

AndyP
3rd March 2006, 12:04 PM
Didn't the Broncos drive the Crushers out of town?

Courty
3rd March 2006, 09:30 PM
GayFL - Meh. Who cares...
Super 13 1/2 - Dunno enough to have a valid opinion
NRL - Wests will be a no show. Prince's heart is with the Titans now & Benji will suffer from the Sonny-Bill syndrome of breaking down every time he thinks about lacing up. The Bronco's formula is still the same under Benny. They may make the semi's if they can beat the post Origin slump, but the big dance is out of their reach this time round. The Bulldogs are just waiting for their next controversy to become public & ruin another season before it begins. Without Fittler's direction & prescence, the Roosters will go out with a whimper.
My money's on the Cowboy's making a strong showing, and I'm predicting they will play the Storm in the Grand Final.

But then... what would I know? :roll:

gazgolf1
4th March 2006, 11:49 AM
Afl ; I think the Swans and Eagles will be strong again along with St Kilda but I'm liking the look of some of the young players the Brisbane Lions have coming through.Yeah,yeah I know I'm biased but the likes of Justin Sherman, Jed Adcock,Mitch Clark, Jayden Attard and a fit Jarrod Brennan have really impressed me in the 2 NAB Cup games so far.Not to mention a couple of guys on the rookie list (Scott Harding,Marty Pask) as well as blokes like Voss,Keating,Macdonald,Brown etc who still have to come back into the side.
I'm predicting a big year for the Lions and I'm starting to regret chucking in my membership after 10 years.

League ; waiting for the first ****ed,drink driving,obscene text messaging,female groping,vomiting moron of the season.

Union ; waiting for the first ****ed,drink driving,obscene text messaging,female groping,vomiting moron of the season.....oops thanks Wendell.

AndyP
4th March 2006, 01:48 PM
I'm predicting a big year for the Lions and I'm starting to regret chucking in my membership after 10 years.
Is this where I chime in?

Why did you chuck it in, Gaz? No time to go to games?

gazgolf1
4th March 2006, 02:39 PM
Is this where I chime in?

Why did you chuck it in, Gaz? No time to go to games?

Just got a bit bored with it halfway through last season and we are trying to save a bit of money too.
It was'nt the cost of the membership that we were worried about but we would always go out for a meal and a beer somewhere around the Gabba before the game and $120 later we would get to the game.
One of my mates bought my ticket so the seat is'nt lost and I'm sure I'll see a few games this season,I just did'nt expect the bug to hit so early in the year.

AndyP
4th March 2006, 02:44 PM
Hawthorn have an incentive for consecutive years of membership, it's not much (loyalty scarf), but it's a good idea. You have a year off, you start from scratch.
Would make people think twice about not resigning.

I'm looking forward to the two games the Hawks play in Qld this year.

Moe Norman
4th March 2006, 04:45 PM
Collingwood member now for 15 years. The members of the real clubs don't just chuck it in.

Bloody bandwagon blow ins abandon the Lions faster than they jump on!

gazgolf1
4th March 2006, 05:01 PM
Collingwood member now for 15 years.

15 years of sucking badly....you are a stalwart Moe.

At least I got three Premierships in row (saw one live),3 Brownlow medalists and saw some of the greatest players of the modern era at the Gabba and Carrara.

Fishman Dan
4th March 2006, 05:04 PM
I agree with Moe... even if he is a member of the largest in-bred societies in the land.

I renewed my Carlton membership this year ;)

Greatest players of the modern era? Hmm....

Moe Norman
4th March 2006, 06:36 PM
15 years of sucking badly....you are a stalwart Moe.

At least I got three Premierships in row (saw one live),3 Brownlow medalists and saw some of the greatest players of the modern era at the Gabba and Carrara. actually I was 9 years old when I signed up for membership and we won the flag that very year.

3 Premierships* don't get me started. Oh and the greatest player of the modern era left the Bears in 1995. If you saw any at Carrara they weren't playing for Brisbane!

gazgolf1
4th March 2006, 06:53 PM
actually I was 9 years old when I signed up for membership and we won the flag that very year.

3 Premierships* don't get me started. Oh and the greatest player of the modern era left the Bears in 1995. If you saw any at Carrara they weren't playing for Brisbane!

Buckley?????.....now you've lost all credibilty.:smt043

Moe Norman
4th March 2006, 06:55 PM
Just ask Leigh Matthews who he thinks is the best player since himself.

His answer will lose him credibilty though.

terryand
4th March 2006, 07:33 PM
Nathan "kick it to me,kick it to me, or you won't be playing next week" Buckley:smt044

Terry.

Moe Norman
4th March 2006, 07:50 PM
Actually his name is Nathan "If I played for any other club I'd get the recognition I deserve" Buckley.

AndyP
4th March 2006, 08:00 PM
You mean Nathan "I'm going to Collingwood to win some premierships" Buckley.
Oops.

gazgolf1
4th March 2006, 08:12 PM
You mean Nathan "I'm going to Collingwood to win some premierships" Buckley.
Oops.

You mean Nathan " I could have played with Voss,Black,Lappin,Lynch and Akermanis and won 3 Cups but chose Saverio Rocca" Buckley. #-o

Moe Norman
4th March 2006, 09:06 PM
Nathan "I didn't realise the AFL would allow the Bears to merge with the Lions and not hold up their end of the contract despite getting the pick of Fitzroy's list, collecting draft picks under Fitzroy father & son yet ignoring Fitzroy members and also receiving million dllar salary cap concessions!" Buckley

disgraceful stuff, should have been kicked out of the League for renegging on the merger contract after all the benefits they got from it.

Courty
4th March 2006, 09:38 PM
Don't you mean Nathan 'Why do I bother playing this gay sport' Buckley?

Thought so...

;)

Moe Norman
4th March 2006, 09:51 PM
Sonny "I'm played millions on the basis of a few good games and am now injured permanently" Bill Williams!

good deal I reckon, I'd take his lifestyle any day. Doesn't even have to play!

terryand
4th March 2006, 10:03 PM
Moe I think Bill is part of his first name not his last:smt002

Terry.

Moe Norman
4th March 2006, 10:10 PM
i think you're right :smt031