PDA

View Full Version : Buying a new car

Looney
23rd July 2014, 08:16 AM
I am looking to update my car and was wondering if anyone had used a buyers agent before? I already know exactly what I want but don't want to waste my time trying to source the best deal so was thinking a buyers agent might be the way to go.

damoocow
23rd July 2014, 08:21 AM
Some credit unions provide a service like this for free - sure they may have some vested interests I guess but it saves a lot of leg work and you don't have to take what they source. Qld Teachers Credit Union is one - pretty sure anyone can join.

Haystacks
23rd July 2014, 10:55 AM
Don't know what you have up there, but I used these guys in Newcastle last time. I recommend them.

http://www.autoadvantage.com.au/page4039/About-Us-.aspx

Looney
23rd July 2014, 01:22 PM
Thanks Haystacks, I have sent an email to another group but if they don't get back to me soon then I will try them.

Coldtopper
23rd July 2014, 01:31 PM
Don't know what you have up there, but I used these guys in Newcastle last time. I recommend them.

http://www.autoadvantage.com.au/page4039/About-Us-.aspx was your experience a new or second hand? As Im looking for a cheap to run small suv 4x4 any ideas?

mrbluu
23rd July 2014, 01:34 PM
was your experience a new or second hand? As Im looking for a cheap to run small suv 4x4 any ideas?

I got a forester and can highly recommend them especially in the XT, which is the Turbocharged model. It will depend on what off road capabilities you are after. They are are pretty good on the motorway as well.

Coldtopper
23rd July 2014, 02:04 PM
I got a forester and can highly recommend them especially in the XT, which is the Turbocharged model. It will depend on what off road capabilities you are after. They are are pretty good on the motorway as well. more fuel economy Im chasing as doing the school run is 100klms mostly on good dirt. What mileage are you getting around town?

mrbluu
23rd July 2014, 02:28 PM
more fuel economy Im chasing as doing the school run is 100klms mostly on good dirt. What mileage are you getting around town?

Good mileage = Diesel.

If I do long trips with the XT its around 8.5L/km and longer trips in the city its around 10L/km.

For that sort of mileage I would look at a Diesel Kia and drive it into the ground, you should get a 5-8 really good years out of it.

Haystacks
23rd July 2014, 02:35 PM
was your experience a new or second hand? As Im looking for a cheap to run small suv 4x4 any ideas?

I bought new, but I believe they do late model used as well.

Check out Hyundai or Kia for diesel suv's...run on the smell of an oily rag.

Looney
24th July 2014, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the feedback will be going to see the local dealer today to see how keen he is on doing a deal

Coldtopper
24th July 2014, 02:55 PM
Thanks for the feedback will be going to see the local dealer today to see how keen he is on doing a deal excuse my partial threadjack. Hope you get a good deal

markTHEblake
24th July 2014, 05:33 PM
I am looking to update my car and was wondering if anyone had used a buyers agent before? I already know exactly what I want but don't want to waste my time trying to source the best deal so was thinking a buyers agent might be the way to go.

Yes, I used Southgate Fleet, and the service was brilliant, they responded with a quote within 24 hours.
They also didn't charge, and I got it cheaper than i could find elsewhere.I did try another broker first, that cost me $50 up front and their car price was higher.

Then all i had to do is sit outside my house with a cheque and the bloke turned up with a car.

You cant possibly lose out, or at worst, take the brokers quote to a local car yard . But you still have to put up with all their bullsheet.

Looney
25th July 2014, 12:29 PM
Negotiations have started with the local dealer who I have bought 2 cars through before. will see where he gets to before contacting the Brisbane based dealer.

Looney
29th July 2014, 12:40 PM
New car bought and delivery in 2 weeks the local dealer did a great job so very happy with the result