PDA

View Full Version : Have internet stores ruined or ability to negotiate?

goughy
20th July 2014, 07:02 AM
I'm wondering about this, after purchasing something in a store in Wednesday. I kind of enjoy a good negotiation, or trying to get some extra thrown in to sweeten the deal.

Now I'm not complaining about the price I got. It was still 20% off the manufacturers recommended retail from their website. And about the same I could have gotten it from overseas, including shipping and taxes etc.

But once I'd made my mind up, and we had to start talking money, all he was interested in is the best price is seen online. He ended up finding the best he could online, which was the best one I found, and match it.

As I said, I am more than happy with the price. This isn't a complaint. But have all these online stores, where you have no contact other than a keyboard, and have no storefront (and maybe just drop shop anyway) so much lower overheads, taken the fun out of buying something?

oldracer
20th July 2014, 08:51 AM
the strict online stores for sure but I've had a few tit for tat "Best Offer" dalliances of late that have seen a few re-negotiates to get the deal done, was a bit of fun and saved some moolah

goughy
20th July 2014, 08:56 AM
Did you get a better deal than the best internet price?