PDA

View Full Version : Wing Tees

jaster
12th July 2004, 06:00 PM
It's about a month or so since we have had the Wing Tees and I have heard nothing from you guys about whether you like them or not.....do you?

I personally love them, I have had the same top last me now 9 games even though I have broken the tee underneath about 6 times....and yes I do think they help 8)

Jarro
12th July 2004, 06:08 PM
mate....

.. i didn't like them at all at first.. thought they were a crock :shock:

.. BUT,

.. lately i've taken to removing the rubber tip section and putting it into some longer wooden tees and have found them to work quite well 8)

(thanks for the :idea: Onewood)

don't know if they make me hit the ball any further, but they do prolong the life of the wooden tees, and also stop the longer tee from flying out of the ground every time i use 'em :smt023

990B Luva
12th July 2004, 06:10 PM
well i would tell you but i still dont have mine :evil:

jaster
12th July 2004, 06:13 PM
Why not 990b? What has them?

990B Luva
12th July 2004, 06:15 PM
Onewood has them STILL

hackin jim
12th July 2004, 06:45 PM
Jaster, took 'em out for there first hit yesterday and have to say the signs are good :smt023

I played about 14-15 or so holes, at least 2 balls each hole so the equivalent of about 2 rounds in drives....both tee and wing-tip are still standing. :shock: I cannot fault them for endurance....2 rounds with the 1 tee is pretty good.

As to their effect on the drives, I had a few drives that I thought off the face would have gone further right than they did but whether that was the reduction in spin from the tee....I'll play a few more rounds before deciding. :wink:

kwantfm
12th July 2004, 08:54 PM
Found that I didn't like them... I like the feel of a wooden tee peg collecting the bottom of the face... and with the Wing Tee there just isn't that little feeling (maybe it's really sound or just purely psychological). A member at NSW Golf Course now has my pack.

McMw
12th July 2004, 09:58 PM
it's all in the head ppl..... :wink:

I've gone to using a 2 3/4" plastic tee now with my driver - purely for durability (I had a huge hang-up abt the effect of plastic tees on titanium heads)...

Fishman Dan
12th July 2004, 11:09 PM
I found they go further. Sometimes i've found them 15 metres away from where i had my tee shot.

I especially like the BLACK ones, they are nice and easy to find in the shadey parts, or on a cloudy day :?

On Sunday if I picked it off the tea cleanly with driver, i put a massive slice on the ball. If i knocked the tee as well, my drives were plenty straighter. Go figure...

goughy
13th July 2004, 06:17 AM
I find the tees stay put on a good drive. But when I hit one of my frequent snap hooks those things live up to there name. Don't really know how many of them I've lost so far.

I hit one into the middle of the bridge covering the creek on our 9th hole the other day. At least I didn'tlose that one.

Jarro
13th July 2004, 06:26 AM
I hit one into the middle of the bridge covering the creek on our 9th hole the other day.

:shock: Jesus mate.. that's one mighty hook :!:

like i said before, if you take the rubber top off the shorter tees, and put them onto longer wooden tees.... you can then push the tee further into the ground, so they don't seem as prone to flying away when you smash your drives :D

working for me anyway :wink:

goughy
13th July 2004, 06:28 AM
Just to clarify, the ball hooked, the tee went dead straight onto the middle of the bridge. A mighty blow if I say so myself :D

hackin jim
13th July 2004, 08:13 AM
...and put them onto longer wooden tees...

Might give that a try as the only issue is with the tees ability to :smt051 ....easy 10-15m sometimes. I thought I had lost one after a drive then reloaded with another and fortunately it took the same trajectory and landed next to the first one :lol: so still packin' the original 8