PDA

View Full Version : Andrew vs Virgal @ Camden Lakeside 17/03 2pm

Pages : [1] 2

Virgal_Tracy
24th February 2006, 11:49 AM
Andrew and I have agreed to play our match at CAmden LAkeside on Friday 17th MArch @ 2pm. They have a deal for $55 including cart.

Who else is interested in playing with us? Grunt, Ping, Miro's. Could be a good chance to play your matches as well at a neutral course of reasonable quality.

Grunt
24th February 2006, 11:52 AM
I have my free midweek round pass too. I might join the two of you if I am free.

Pinglauncher
24th February 2006, 12:17 PM
Could be tempted for a Friday roster. Haven't played Camden Lakeside so it may be a good opportunity at a reasonable price.

I know my kids have District Swimming Championships coming up so if they are not that day I could be a big chance.

burger
28th February 2006, 12:10 PM
Ping, is this date a goer for you?

Pinglauncher
28th February 2006, 01:39 PM
Ping, is this date a goer for you?

burger, let's say I am in for this date. I will take a punt the swimming does not coincide.

Grunt
28th February 2006, 01:49 PM
I can make this date too, I am off. I can use my free round voucher too. Whoever bribes me the most also get a free round as the voucher is for 2

Jono
28th February 2006, 04:06 PM
Whoever bribes me the most also get a free round as the voucher is for 2

What can we bribe you with? Do you want to have a go of my unshankable wedge? ;) :lol:

Grunt
28th February 2006, 04:18 PM
Got my Adams wedges now Jono, they are awesome. So your bribe fails. If it is that good why the offer then.

Jono
28th February 2006, 04:20 PM
Got my Adams wedges now Jono, they are awesome. So your bribe fails. If it is that good why the offer then.

Note to self:

Use extra smilies when posting to Grunt and Amanda ...

;) :) :mrgreen: :lol: :-D

Grunt
28th February 2006, 04:28 PM
Just the winks Jono. ;)

Pinglauncher
28th February 2006, 07:47 PM
Swimming carnival is next Monday so I am definately in.

Grunt
28th February 2006, 08:09 PM
Ping, guess we can be match referees or take sides and offer support advise.

Pinglauncher
28th February 2006, 08:16 PM
Ping, guess we can be match referees or take sides and offer support advise.

I figure we can take sides and give some healthy sledging.

I am looking forward to seeing the course for the first time.

Andrew
28th February 2006, 09:20 PM
This sounds like it is going to be a good afternoon, although I'm not much of a sledger.

jimandr
28th February 2006, 10:09 PM
I'm a bit confused about Burger's availability, but if he is in, then so am I, and we'll play our match.

It looks like we'll get two groups, so I won't be influenced by Andrew's sledging of the course design and the course designer. I already know how stupid the fairway bunkers are on 6, and on 7, and how unfair some of the humps on the edges of the fairways can be. Apart from that, and the overhead wires, I quite like the course.

Andrew
28th February 2006, 11:06 PM
It looks like we'll get two groups, so I won't be influenced by Andrew's sledging of the course design and the course designer. I already know how stupid the fairway bunkers are on 6, and on 7, and how unfair some of the humps on the edges of the fairways can be. Apart from that, and the overhead wires, I quite like the course.
You will not hear me say a thing........

....... you'll be in the other group, right! ;)

Trung
1st March 2006, 05:31 AM
I can use my free round voucher too. Whoever bribes me the most also get a free round as the voucher is for 2

Grant.... What about something useful from Las Vegas? There are many gift shops here... :smt002

Grunt
1st March 2006, 05:33 AM
If your back mate, your welcome to join me in the cart for our round. Surprise me!

Trung
1st March 2006, 07:33 AM
If your back mate, your welcome to join me in the cart for our round. Surprise me!

How can I say NO to free golf at Camden Lakeside :mrgreen: ...

OK, I will find you something from Vegas tonight.... :-k :-k :smt002

burger
1st March 2006, 11:43 AM
I have a PM in with Jono re a lift, however if any other kind soul cares to offer an assist with transport (from Carlingford area) I will be able to make it!

am happy to get train or some such to somewhere to assist if out Carlo is out of the way . . .. . .

stu

Pinglauncher
1st March 2006, 12:04 PM
I have a PM in with Jono re a lift, however if any other kind soul cares to offer an assist with transport (from Carlingford area) I will be able to make it!

am happy to get train or some such to somewhere to assist if out Carlo is out of the way . . .. . .

stu

If a lift with Jono falls through, I could pick you up from say Strathfield Railway Station.

Virgal_Tracy
1st March 2006, 12:09 PM
I guess it is time to organise this a little better. Lets get our list going. (Oh to have the registration feature back)

1. Vince
2. Andrew
3. Pinglauncher
4. Grunt
5. Burger
6. Trung
7. Jimandr
8. Jono ?

Have I left anyone off? If there are more interested please let me know as I only booked 2 groups and will have to book a 3rd (and maybe 4th if things keep going).

Grunt
1st March 2006, 12:10 PM
Wow 3 groups that is almost unheard of down here for a midweek game.

burger
1st March 2006, 03:38 PM
thanks Ping, will advise.

stu

Jono
1st March 2006, 04:25 PM
Stu, I'm moving to Alexandria this weekend ... So doing the run to Carlingford then back on M2/M5 to Camden Valley is going to be a bit of a Tour de Sydney. Does anybody live a bit closer to Carlingford?

Grunt
1st March 2006, 04:31 PM
I might live a bit closer to carlingford than you jono but only just ;)

Grunt
1st March 2006, 04:33 PM
Hey just an idea that has popped into my head.
Who's in for an 18 hole warm up at Mac Grange in the Bridgestone Battle?

miro
2nd March 2006, 01:45 PM
OK here is another idea.

As there appear to be 8 current players (this needs to be confirmed) I suggest that Miro and Miro's wife play making it at least 10 participants. As this is more than any date on my current "preferred dates for next stroke round" thread I propose that we use this event as the next stroke event.

Also as Ping and Grunt are playing we can play our two match play matches.

Let me know if all are on board and I will do what needs to be done.

Jono
2nd March 2006, 01:58 PM
OK here is another idea.

As there appear to be 8 current players (this needs to be confirmed) I suggest that Miro and Miro's wife play making it at least 10 participants. As this is more than any date on my current "preferred dates for next stroke round" thread I propose that we use this event as the next stroke event.

Also as Ping and Grunt are playing we can play our two match play matches.

Let me know if all are on board and I will do what needs to be done.

That sounds like an excellent idea to me ... Two birds ... One stone ... 8)

Miro, you never cease to amaze me. Not only are you good at throwing clubs, you can throw ideas around too ... ;) :lol:

Virgal_Tracy
2nd March 2006, 02:25 PM
I'm all for it. I was probably going to struggle to get a leave pass to play CL twice in 2 weeks. It will be be up to the majority and hopefully others like Pete, Dan, TS, Zipptop, MAtt etc can join us to make it a really big day.

NEw possible list
1. Vince
2. Andrew
3. Pinglauncher
4. Grunt
5. Burger
6. Trung
7. Jimandr
8. Jono
9. Miro (?)
10.Mrs Miro(?)

Jono, you keep talking about the game but nowhere have you said that you are going to play. What's the story?

amanda
2nd March 2006, 02:55 PM
Is there any way we can stipulate how many of the Stroke rounds will be on weekdays/weekends?

As an office worker, mid-week play is difficult to organise - don't want to be disadvantaged in the overall NSW stroke round standings.

connico
2nd March 2006, 03:01 PM
i would like to join in on these days, and im also a suit just like amanda so taking days off for golf is not out of the question but not viable all the time :)

miro
2nd March 2006, 03:14 PM
Mandy and Connico -i agree the wife and I are suits and would not like to see more than 2 stroke rounds mid week.

In this case it just seemed like an exceptional opportunity to kill a flock of birds with one stone and I hope it is not too much of a problem for either of you.

Paul

amanda
2nd March 2006, 03:18 PM
No worries miro - if we've got the numbers to do it mid-week - may just be easier.

There are still 4 more rounds to go (I think?)

Jono
2nd March 2006, 03:19 PM
Amanda, I'd say this is more of an exception than the rule.

Vince, take the "?" off my name please ... 8) :lol:

Trung
2nd March 2006, 03:38 PM
Jono, copy and paste the revised list yourself.... Are you disable or something?

connico
2nd March 2006, 03:46 PM
ok i really wanna play so im gonna change jobs just so i can play :)

NEw possible list
1. Vince
2. Andrew
3. Pinglauncher
4. Grunt
5. Burger
6. Trung
7. Jimandr
8. Jono
9. Miro (?)
10.Mrs Miro(?)
11. Connico

amanda
2nd March 2006, 03:48 PM
Have fun everyone - I definitely won't be able to make it.

Jono
2nd March 2006, 03:50 PM
Jono, copy and paste the revised list yourself.... Are you disable or something?

Were you sleeping when your English teacher explained the usage of metaphors? :? :roll:

"take the ? off my name" meaning "I'm in so remove all doubt in your mind". 8)

brad
2nd March 2006, 03:53 PM
Have fun, I'm out too.

Grunt
2nd March 2006, 06:20 PM
When I thought of the NSW strokeplay champs idea, I actually never thought of holding any of the event rounds during the week due to the fact that most of you fellow NSW OzGolfers work mon-fri jobs. It would not be fair on you all for me to organise somethng that really only suited myself and a few others and neglected to suit the majoity of my fellow OzGolfers.

I actually don't agree in having this day count as the NSW OzGolf Strokeplay 2nd round. Sure have it as an OzGolf day that kills a few birds with people being able to play their matchplay opponents. Remember this day was set up by Andrew & Virgal to play their matchplay round 1 match. If a few of us can get our games out of the way that is great, but to play both matchplay & strokeplay on the same day is sort of devaluing both comps. If we are to build this Strokeplay Champs up we have to give it some standalone status and try if we can to have it not in conjunction with any other golf events.

By the way I will be there no matter what happens with it being both strokeplay + matchplay.

Sorry for another rant from me (hey it would have been earlier but I was at work today:smt002 )

Jono
2nd March 2006, 06:44 PM
Grant,

Why don't we see how many can turn up on this date before deciding whether to run the Strokeplay in conjunction or not?

In a perfect world, we should hold the events separately, but Ozgolfers getting together in this kind of numbers doesn't happen that often. If we get 12, I say we go with it.

We can always aim to hold more rounds (say 6) during the year and count the best 4. 8)

Right, I've gotta go pick someone up at the airport. Not looking forward to driving in this rain ... :cry:

Grunt
2nd March 2006, 06:49 PM
Not raining here

I think if we won't more rounds, do put too many on. Any more than 1 dropped round makes it a little messy with ties and the like, unless you count all rounds for ties.

zipptopp
2nd March 2006, 07:07 PM
This seems too good a chance to miss. I think I should be able to make it as it's just down the road from work and it is a Friday afternoon.

New possible list
1. Vince
2. Andrew
3. Pinglauncher
4. Grunt
5. Burger
6. Trung
7. Jimandr
8. Jono
9. Miro (?)
10.Mrs Miro(?)
11.zipptopp (?)

Hope to see you there

Grunt
2nd March 2006, 07:12 PM
With so many of us it may be an earlier start now, even though Daylight Savings is still on. Vince did you rebook for more groups?

3oneday
2nd March 2006, 09:03 PM
Enjoy your day....

connico
2nd March 2006, 09:22 PM
This seems too good a chance to miss. I think I should be able to make it as it's just down the road from work and it is a Friday afternoon.

New possible list
1. Vince
2. Andrew
3. Pinglauncher
4. Grunt
5. Burger
6. Trung
7. Jimandr
8. Jono
9. Miro (?)
10.Mrs Miro(?)
11.zipptopp (?)

Hope to see you there

did someone exclude me??

3oneday
2nd March 2006, 09:28 PM
did someone exclude ??? busiest day of my working week.....

Fishman Dan
2nd March 2006, 09:50 PM
Weekdays for me are not in the plan, and asbolutely no chance in March. Definite negative from me.

If it's 2-strikes and you're out of the Stroke event, then my race is over before it began.

Can we have some more sensible suggestions now? I'm glad to see the shift-worker agrees, let's see if we can sway the unattached doctor :roll: :lol:

3oneday
2nd March 2006, 10:16 PM
Can we have some more sensible suggestions now? god I hate agreeing with you Dan :lol:

If it's a majority rules type scenario, I thought we had this discussion after we finished at Mac Grange ?? That we would find a "weekend" for the next one ??

Anyway, I guess you need to decide between you all, if just because you have 10 or 11 guys you think that's enough to call it a championship round ?? When won't it be enough, 6 ?? We had 6 at Kogarah plus 2 blow ins, thats almost enough then ???? Congrats Matt !!!!!!!!

Just my thoughts on the matter.

jimandr
2nd March 2006, 10:59 PM
Here's my wisdom of Solomon solution.

We have the March 17th strokeplay/plus some matchplay event, AND the weekend players also have a strokeplay event AT CAMDEN LAKESIDE on whatever date can be arranged within the two weekends following. The event was going to be on one of those days anyway. You could even move forward to the 11th or 12th.

I agree with Grant that the event was originally designed as a weekend tournament, but I also agree that the opportunity of having 12 players together is too good to pass up.

Anyone who plays the Friday can also play as an observer on the weekend, but only their Friday score counts.

I wouldn't think the weather conditions will change so much to give advantage to one day or the other. Perhaps a slight advantage to the weekenders, as they know what score to aim for. But, if you're good enough to shoot it, good luck to you.

well, what do you think?

Grunt said "With so many of us it may be an earlier start now, even though Daylight Savings is still on. Vince did you rebook for more groups?"

My memory is that the 2.00pm start was chosen as it is the time when the daylight savings $55 special starts. $55 is good value around Lakeside. The normal $85-90 is not value at all.

Jono
2nd March 2006, 11:36 PM
Jim, you may be short off the tee, but you certainly aren't short on ideas ... ;) :lol: Except for Grant, it seems like most of the objection against combining the two (matchplay and strokeplay) is coming from those who can't make it on the 17th. If they can play their round at Camden Lakeside on a weekend, it might sound more appealing.

I guess the question is if someone was to play BOTH days, then which one does he count towards the strokeplay event? The first game that was played?

All this can logistically be worked out if everyone agrees with the general principle. I know playing the 2nd round of the Strokeplay Championship over two separate days is not the "ideal" thing to do, but I think it may solve our little dilemma here.

Trung
3rd March 2006, 12:39 AM
Revised for Connico...

1. Vince
2. Andrew
3. Pinglauncher
4. Grunt
5. Burger
6. Trung
7. Jimandr
8. Jono
9. Miro (?)
10.Mrs Miro(?)
11. Connico
12. Zipptop

Fishman Dan
3rd March 2006, 06:28 AM
Different day... different conditions... different COST! ;)

3oneday
3rd March 2006, 06:35 AM
All this can logistically be worked out if everyone agrees with the general principle. no

Andrew
3rd March 2006, 07:45 AM
it seems like most of the objection against combining the two (matchplay and strokeplay) is coming from those who can't make it on the 17th.

Well, I can't play weekends, so I think they should all be on weekdays.

Nah, just kidding.

Does it really matter? The Ozgolf championships are just a bunch of people who chat on the net getting together for a game of golf on a regular basis. There will always be people who can't make certain dates.

If the stroke championships are decided on 4 rounds, then does it matter how many you play? Play 10 & count your best 4. If more are played then we all have a chance to contribute 4 rounds. If there is a tie at the end, then work on a countback system e.g. Less rounds eliminated wins or courses with the higher ACR have greater value or maybe courses with the greater architectural strategic merit are worth more..... hang on, we're in Sydney, that last one won't work.

Virgal_Tracy
3rd March 2006, 07:50 AM
No matter what date we choose its not going to suit someone or some people. Just add the 17th as an extra round to the strokeplay with the option of taking the best 4 scores (or 5 whatever) for the year to count.

As to seperating the strokeplay and matchplay, that is never going to happen when there is limited opportunity for people to get together. Does that mean at future stroke days playing matchplay games is forbidden? Based on the fact that we are all not members of the one club there has to be flexibility.

My 0.02c worth.

3oneday
3rd March 2006, 08:14 AM
Set a criteria, if 10 is enough to call it a strokeplay day then so be it, maintain the status quo of having 4 of your best scores to count, but set a maximum number of events that can be played.

Maybe have 10 (if we think we can get 10 or more people that many times) and stick to the "best 4 count". Jono will hack it 8 of the 10 anyway !!!

Pete

miro
3rd March 2006, 10:43 AM
Gentlemen,

There is one indisputable fact. We currently have 12 players enroled for Friday. The most who had advised a day for the stroke day was 8. Clearly the Friday suits the largest number of members in this instance. And that is to my mind the most important thing.

Some of us are willing to go out of there way to make this thing work (taking a day of from work), some of us are willing to through insults around from the sidelines -to the second catagory I suggest you grow up.

connico
3rd March 2006, 10:48 AM
why do you have ? next your name there miro?? are you still undecided?? and i think matt will be playing too on the 17th since he has a day off on friday from uni, ill ask him to make a post

Virgal_Tracy
3rd March 2006, 11:15 AM
I don't know if I can get any extra groups on. I have booked 3 groups at 2pm but there is a corporate day on in the afternoon. I'm taking the Miro's as playing and Zipptop as well but if there are any extra's then I will need to know asap to see if CL can squeeze another group in.

This is turning out to be a great day.

miro
3rd March 2006, 11:32 AM
1. Vince
2. Andrew
3. Pinglauncher
4. Grunt
5. Burger
6. Trung
7. Jimandr
8. Jono
9. Miro
10.Mrs Miro
11. Connico
12. Zipptop
13. Matt (Very doubtful??)

AndyP
3rd March 2006, 11:56 AM
Calendar
1st round - Macarthur Grange January 7th - Winner Mrs Miro
2nd round - to be played by end of March - TBA
3rd round - to be played by the end of June - TBA
4th round - to be played by end of August - TBA
5th round - to be played by end of November - TBA
Winners of previous round organise next round unless they have already done so then the 2nd place nett player has the honour.
What does mrs miro have to say about all this?

burger
3rd March 2006, 12:31 PM
I'm definitely IN!
However as Jono is moving house and I dont want him to do a Tour de Sydney, I would like to take up Ping on his kind offer to pick me up from Strathfield.
Unless of course anyone else is coming past Carlingford???

Looking forward to the game . . . .
A bit anxious about taking on the champ tho . . . . .

connico
3rd March 2006, 12:37 PM
i dont live far from carlingford, thats near clyde right?? i can pick burger up as iv taken the day off...shouldnt to hard to find out here he lives...umm but bewarned, im 22 in a v6 holden commodore VN with a sport exhaust and some extra engine tuning..

3oneday
3rd March 2006, 12:43 PM
Gentlemen,

There is one indisputable fact. We currently have 12 players enroled for Friday. The most who had advised a day for the stroke day was 8. Clearly the Friday suits the largest number of members in this instance. And that is to my mind the most important thing.

Some of us are willing to go out of there way to make this thing work (taking a day of from work), some of us are willing to through insults around from the sidelines -to the second catagory I suggest you grow up.More indisputable facts:

yep, do your worst, whilst you are all there, can you let us know when it will be suitable for the next one please :p

Taking a day off work is a personal thing, and subject to your work environment. I wouldn't personally call it "making this thing work", it is afterall a game of golf !!!

Insults from the sidelines... I must have missed these, please maybe include them in your next PM. :p

Grow up ??? Goodness, skin thickness not returned since ones holiday in the snow then ;)

FFS !!!!!!!!! "I have decided" is a bit rich. As suggested, maybe a consensus of what constitutes sufficient numbers to enable a "stroke round" to count in this thing Grunt suggested would be wiser.

Happy to vote on this if it gets "decided" :p

Pete

:lol:

Matt 3 Jab
3rd March 2006, 12:45 PM
cant make it seeing i have to work on that friday at 4pm, i will try and swap my shift but its not looking good, will keep you informed

Trung
3rd March 2006, 01:53 PM
you blokes are beginning to b*tch like QLDers..

Hangon, I'm one of them Qlders.....

3oneday
3rd March 2006, 02:04 PM

Hangon, I'm one of them Qlders.....just willing (or wilful) discussion, the fact you are a Qlder makes you think there is a problem :p

Trung
3rd March 2006, 02:32 PM
1. Vince
2. Andrew
3. Pinglauncher
4. Grunt
5. Burger
6. Trung
7. Jimandr
8. Jono
9. Miro
10.Mrs Miro
11. Connico
12. Zipptop

First Reserve
13. David Wright (this is the guy that crashed his cart at Macarthur.. could be very dangerous)

3oneday
3rd March 2006, 02:39 PM
$hit, are carts a pre req at where ever you are playing ?? you all wanna start hoping no one pulls out !!! :lol:

connico
3rd March 2006, 02:42 PM
lol
**** you have to get a cart?

Trung
3rd March 2006, 02:44 PM
carts are part of it at Camden Lakeside

terryand
3rd March 2006, 02:51 PM

Hangon, I'm one of them Qlders.....

Don't you mean,Qlder's that have moved up from Victora:-?

Terry.

Trung
3rd March 2006, 03:10 PM
correction...

you blokes are beginning to b*tch like some QLDers.. :mrgreen:

connico
3rd March 2006, 03:11 PM
carts defeat the purpose of my golfing experience...

i golf to exercise where do i get excerise from a cart?

Jono
3rd March 2006, 03:30 PM
What about this?

We hold as many stroke days as we can during the year. You can attend as many as you want/able to. However, you can only count your first 5 rounds towards the best 4.

So let's say we end up holding 10 stroke days during the year. Let's say you attend 8 of them. You can only count your first 5 rounds, drop your worst round from those, and the remaining 4 rounds will be your final score. The scores will be relative to the par for the course, which raises the issue of some courses being more difficult than others. However, I think we can and should overlook that fact.

This will give you the opportunity to drop 1 horror round but will also prevent you from having too many bites at the cherry. If everyone was able to attend at least 5 stroke days during the year, I think the final result will be pretty fair ... and more importantly, FUN. :)

What do you think?

Jono
3rd March 2006, 03:33 PM
1. Vince
2. Andrew
3. Pinglauncher
4. Grunt
5. Burger
6. Trung
7. Jimandr
8. Jono
9. Miro
10.Mrs Miro
11. Connico
12. Zipptop

First Reserve
13. David Wright (this is the guy that crashed his cart at Macarthur.. could be very dangerous)

Perhaps he should roll the cart the other way to even up the bump on the side of his head ... :twisted: :lol:

Trung
3rd March 2006, 03:50 PM
What about this?

We hold as many stroke days as we can during the year. You can attend as many as you want/able to. However, you can only count your first 5 rounds towards the best 4.

So let's say we end up holding 10 stroke days during the year. Let's say you attend 8 of them. You can only count your first 5 rounds, drop your worst round from those, and the remaining 4 rounds will be your final score. The scores will be relative to the par for the course, which raises the issue of some courses being more difficult than others. However, I think we can and should overlook that fact.

This will give you the opportunity to drop 1 horror round but will also prevent you from having too many bites at the cherry. If everyone was able to attend at least 5 stroke days during the year, I think the final result will be pretty fair ... and more importantly, FUN. :)

What do you think?

hey, if you can attend all 10 rounds... why should you be punished/disadvantaged for only choosing the first 4 out of 5.... the more you can attend, the better your chances are....

Jono, when you start making some sense... come and talk to me... DOOFUS :mrgreen:

Jono
3rd March 2006, 03:59 PM
hey, if you can attend all 10 rounds... why should you be punished/disadvantaged for only choosing the first 4 out of 5.... the more you can attend, the better your chances are....

Jono, when you start making some sense... come and talk to me... DOOFUS :mrgreen:

That's not what I said. I said the best 4 out of your first 5.

This way, we can hold as many as we can, both weekdays and weekends. As long as you can make it to at least 5 of those, you are not disadvantaged.

You know it makes sense ... ;)

Jono
3rd March 2006, 04:02 PM

By the way, only Mini Wie has the license to call me Doofus ... :roll: :lol:

Trung
3rd March 2006, 04:12 PM
That's not what I said. I said the best 4 out of your first 5.

DOOFUS.. it doesn't make sense...

What is the point of someone playing their full 10 stroke round games if only the best 4 out of the first 5 is counted...

If you play 10 games, you should have more advantage than someone playing only 5 games... it makes sense....

Where is Amanda, give Jono your best sledge please...... :mrgreen:

brad
3rd March 2006, 04:16 PM
DOOFUS.. it doesn't make sense...

What is the point of someone playing their full 10 stroke round games if only the best 4 out of the first 5 is counted...

If you play 10 games, you should have more advantage than someone playing only 5 games... it makes sense....

Sorry Trung, I agree with Jono. It means that the lucky ones who attended all 10 don't get more chances to practice (such as yourself) to beat the more gifted ones.:smt002

Andrew
3rd March 2006, 04:24 PM
In regards to the stroke events.

We should have one event every 28 days, separated by 25 days at least. Each golfer is allowed to choose 4 of their best 6 rounds or 5 of their best 9, as long as they are on alternate months, deleting the score closest to the median. A golfer can choose 6 rounds, but only if they have play 5 rounds thereby needing to delete 2 of their 6 round, which constitutes only deleting 1 round due to them only playing 5 times. For those not playing 4 rounds, a bell graph will be drafted & the score closest to what constitutes a 45% angle if a 90% angle was drawn from that spot will become their 4 score. Golfers playing no rounds will average out their scores & multiply them by 4

If 6 golfers are able to attend a single day & play the full 18 holes indicated by the numeric symbols on each tee, it will be considered that 6 golfers have played. No more & no less, except when there is more than 6 or less than 6, then it will not be considered that 6 golfers have played.

A Joker can be played on any round played of a course where the number of holes are a prime number. On these rounds the stableford score will be multiplied by all the numbers that are divisible into the afore mentioned prime number, except for the prime number itself.

Weekday rounds will only be used on weeks where there is less than 2 weekend days, except on months that have 30 or 31 days. In these months, 28 days will be assigned to choose a day of play. The 3 leftover days will be considered taboo & will be called Steve. Any matches played on Steve will not count.

All rounds where golfers wear white shoes after Labour day will not count.

brad
3rd March 2006, 04:33 PM
A little more complex, but if we had some actuary members, I think they could make that work :-D

Fishman Dan
3rd March 2006, 05:31 PM
Some of us are willing to go out of there way to make this thing work (taking a day of from work), some of us are willing to through insults around from the sidelines -to the second catagory I suggest you grow up

That outta do it.

So is it perceived that those who aren't able to make it are being difficult? That those who don't want to (can't?) take time off work are troublemakers? I reckon you should chose your words a little better Miro.

I would have loved to argue about this all day, but unfortunately i've barred this place during work and only get to respond in the evenings - is that being difficult too? :roll:

Holy crap. I have to stop agreeing with Pete - people will start talking!! :shock:

Can we wrap this up please? Jono and Trung have found each other in a thread again and the nails are out!

Grunt
3rd March 2006, 05:55 PM
](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

The above is how I feel about the above topic now, if you can't get more than 3 groups Virgal I will gladly give up my spot so as to let someone that wants to play be there. If by doing so I forfeit my matchplay match so be it. I tried to set up this strokeplay champs as a thing to show how us New South Welshmen & women could organise a little champs tournament. I feel after 1 round I have failed in my in my goals for it.

The below is a quote from me in the NSW Strokeplay thread, maybe I should have set more rules in place to avoid the situation we are in now.

Now is the time to set some basic rules, I like Jim's suggestion for 3 out of 4 rounds to count. This will enable those who can't make all 4 rounds a chance at taking out the event. For those who do play in all 4 rounds they will just drop their worst round off.
As we have a wide variety of golf ability in our group I think to give everyone a chance of winning the main prize should be the nett winner. I know this is against most golfers ideals but having a scratch winner would mean only 3 or 4 of us can win and the rest of us are just making up the numbers. We will still have a scratch winner. Also would a $5 entry fee per round be too much enable the purchase of prizes?

With all the carry on I think this whole champs idea must be getting more important to some than the playing golf with fellow OzGolfers that is was set up to do!

I know why don't we have the rules that you can just play any day you want and post scores on here and the best person with a minimum of 25 rounds by christmas wins.
Ohh wait what if I only get to play 35 rounds do I average them out or do I get my best 25?#-o

Enough said!

amanda
3rd March 2006, 07:38 PM
Sorry guys - I was busy this afternoon giving a presentation that rewarded me with a promotion :mrgreen:

Anyhow - I think we should amalgamate the plans of Jono, Grunt and Andrew into a mega plan to take over the golfing universe. However, the mega plan will need to be adjusted to take into account leap years, solar eclipses and planetary alignment (we don't want to disadvantage any star signs)

Grunt
3rd March 2006, 07:41 PM
Sorry guys - I was busy this afternoon giving a presentation that rewarded me with a promotion :mrgreen:

Congrats on the Promotion Amanda :smt038

amanda
3rd March 2006, 07:43 PM
Thanks Grant :)

3oneday
3rd March 2006, 07:54 PM
Anyhow - I think we should amalgamate the plans of Jono, Grunt and Andrew into a mega plan to take over the golfing universe. However, the mega plan will need to be adjusted to take into account leap years, solar eclipses and planetary alignment (we don't want to disadvantage any star signs)you're not helping !!!

Grant, you and I will play round 2 when I next come to your course. Dan, round 3 at Windsor or Gordon ?? Pinglauncher, round 4 at Carnarvon mate, you owe me an invite :p, Matt, Brad and Amanda, Round 5, group of 4 only mind you thanks !!!

Jono, sorry mate, I've heard about your course, I'll have to take a bye for round 6. Miro's, round 7 at the ever luscious Ryde Parra would be lubley.

Ok, I'm organised, where are you all playing yours ????

Whatever gives, I'll play when I can, in the shortened version of what I said to Miro, it's golf, lets play !!!

Pete

Pinglauncher
3rd March 2006, 08:06 PM
Congrats on the Promotion Amanda :smt038

The most sensible post of the last 50 or so.

Well done Amanda.

:smt038:smt038 :smt038:smt038

3oneday
3rd March 2006, 08:10 PM
The most sensible post of the last 50 or so. :p made sense to me ;)

Now Amanda, does this promotion mean that Brad can stay home and look after the kids ????

Nice work !!!!

Pete

amanda
3rd March 2006, 08:21 PM
Nope! It means I will be getting paid for the administration work I do regarding the subjects I teach - plus it's extra cred :) To move up one more step, I just need to finish my PhD - that will most likely be by mid-next year.

burger
3rd March 2006, 09:01 PM
After Grunt's post re Camden Lakeside sometime last month, I put in details on their site and promptly forgot about it.
So I got home today and found a letter from CL with a weekday discount voucher (valid for 1 month) - 4 players for $200, so it just got a bit cheaper for 3 others!

i dont live far from carlingford, thats near clyde right?? i can pick burger up as iv taken the day off...shouldnt to hard to find out here he lives...umm but bewarned, im 22 in a v6 holden commodore VN with a sport exhaust and some extra engine tuning..
Connico I am more on the epping side of carlingford, so if thats still OK I'm happy to risk the V6 sports exhausted, extra engine tuned VN.

stu

Jono
3rd March 2006, 09:23 PM
The above is how I feel about the above topic now, if you can't get more than 3 groups Virgal I will gladly give up my spot so as to let someone that wants to play be there. If by doing so I forfeit my matchplay match so be it. I tried to set up this strokeplay champs as a thing to show how us New South Welshmen & women could organise a little champs tournament. I feel after 1 round I have failed in my in my goals for it.

You want a dummy spittin' contest. Well, I forfeit all together ... I forfeit my NSWmen status and am moving up north to become a Qld'er ... ;)

(insert however many smilies it takes here to indicate that above statement is a jest ... :mrgreen: )

Grant, I think you are being a bit melodramatic. Everyone else wants to have fun too. This was your idea in the first place, but it is now alive ... Let it evolve. ;)

It was agreed that the winner of the previous round would organise the next one. Mrs Miro was the winner, so she's got the conch. Let her decide and let's all accept the decision and PLAY GOLF! 8)

I've made my suggestions here ... whether others think them sensible or not, they are just suggestions.

Grant, since this Stokeplay champion concept is your big salad, you should decide how to count the rounds. If you want best 3 of 4, then we should all accept that. However, the venue and date should be left for the previous round's winner to decide.

I've said my piece and I'll go along with whatever. As Pete suggested, 80% of my rounds will be hacks anyway ... :oops: :lol:

Jono
3rd March 2006, 09:26 PM

Onya, Amanda. 8)

Fishman Dan
3rd March 2006, 10:01 PM
You want a dummy spittin' contest. Well, I forfeit all together ... I forfeit my NSWmen status and am moving up north to become a Qld'er ...

You've got whinging down-pat, you'll feel right at home there ;)

terryand
3rd March 2006, 10:07 PM
You've got whinging down-pat, you'll feel right at home there ;)

At least he'd be welcome.

terry.

Andrew
3rd March 2006, 10:18 PM
I can't believe how serious everybody is about this. As far as I'm concerned it's just a game of golf.

If you're worried about the stroke event, just play a few more events & average the scores against par similar to the Vardon trophy each year, with a minimum of 4 rounds.

connico
3rd March 2006, 11:17 PM
Connico I am more on the epping side of carlingford, so if thats still OK I'm happy to risk the V6 sports exhausted, extra engine tuned VN.

stu

no problems just pm me your addy...and ill drop by, hopefully you know how to get to the GC

hmm and congrats amanda!!!! wohoo!!!

Trung
4th March 2006, 12:17 AM
congrats Mandy..... as for the rest of you, get your passport ready....The next stroke round will be at Indianapolis... hehe

3oneday
4th March 2006, 04:49 AM
congrats Mandy..... as for the rest of you, get your passport ready....The next stroke round will be at Indianapolis... hehethe form you're in mate, we're safe. You're going worse than Jono is !!! :p

amanda
4th March 2006, 06:39 AM
If you're worried about the stroke event, just play a few more events & average the scores against par similar to the Vardon trophy each year, with a minimum of 4 rounds.

Andrew - you've given up your original plan for this? ;)

I think this is the best idea so far.

Andrew
4th March 2006, 06:48 AM
Andrew - you've given up your original plan for this? ;)

I think this is the best idea so far.

Don't worry Amanda, I still stand by my original plan. It was a work of art.:D

I like the new plan as well. Although it doesn't give the 'Joker' option. S'pose we have enough jokers on the forum already.:)

Matt 3 Jab
4th March 2006, 07:30 AM
im with trung, any best 4 rounds sounds good, going to more is an advantage, but maybe you will play crap for 8 rounds anyway, i think it should just be your best 4 rounds total.

Jono
4th March 2006, 08:13 AM
I can't believe how serious everybody is about this. As far as I'm concerned it's just a game of golf.

Like I said to Grant, I think it's good to assume that everyone is out to have fun and play golf.

Having said that, with a little bit of "seriousness" and a bit of organisational skills, we can have a nice comp running. Grant's 4 round strokeplay was a great idea. Imagine the FUN you can have watching your name on the leaderboard ... just like the pros.

In an ideal world, we'd all play the 4 rounds and add up the scores. However, as we have seen already, it is next to impossible to find a date where everyone can turn up. Hence the idea of "best x number of rounds from y number of rounds". We just can't seem to agree on the values for x and y ... :mrgreen: If we put our heads together and come up with a reasonable solution, we can forget about it and just play golf. 8)

Jono
4th March 2006, 08:17 AM
im with trung, any best 4 rounds sounds good, going to more is an advantage, but maybe you will play crap for 8 rounds anyway, i think it should just be your best 4 rounds total.

I am happy with that as long as the majority is happy to accept that those who attend more strokeplay days get an advantage.

My idea of best 4 from first 5 rounds was to eliminate this advantage.

Perhaps if everyone throws in their suggestions/preferences for the way to calculate the best 4 rounds, Grant can sit down and work out which one he wants to go with. I think in the end we should just follow what Grant says.

Grunt
4th March 2006, 08:29 AM
Grant can sit down and work out which one he wants to go with. I think in the end we should just follow what Grant says.

Sorry Jono don't want to make any more decisions about this event. Tried to make it basic and uncomplicated but that is just too hard.

AndyP
4th March 2006, 02:20 PM
You guys are funny.

Jarro
4th March 2006, 02:38 PM
at least they're trying ;)

stick with it guys .. i'm sure you'll work out a compromise eventually.

Grunt
4th March 2006, 03:02 PM
After Grunt's post re Camden Lakeside sometime last month, I put in details on their site and promptly forgot about it.
So I got home today and found a letter from CL with a weekday discount voucher (valid for 1 month) - 4 players for $200, so it just got a bit cheaper for 3 others!

Stu I won another one too so I can bring it with me also. 4 players $200

Fishman Dan
4th March 2006, 03:07 PM
Greens at Gordon being worked on Monday 13/3. So i'm free both of the weekends until the end of March now ;)

Grunt
4th March 2006, 03:20 PM
After all the **** that has gone down over the past week about this game, I have decided to just turn up and play golf.
What event I play in really doesn't matter, I am just going to play golg with whoever I get grouped up with and so be it.
No more from me about this thread at all. I have had enough. See all of you that are playing on the day.

jimandr
4th March 2006, 05:16 PM
Stu I won another one too so I can bring it with me also. 4 players $200

If we keep going they might finish up paying us. Logging on there as soon as I finish here.

Jono
5th March 2006, 05:53 PM
Vince,

Do you think you can book another group? I think TS wants to play in this one as well ...

With all the vouchers we have, perhaps we can have 1 or 2 groups teeing up a bit earlier (ie. before the twilight rate starts)?

1. Vince
2. Andrew
3. Pinglauncher
4. Grunt
5. Burger
6. Trung
7. Jimandr
8. Jono
9. Miro
10.Mrs Miro
11. Connico
12. Zipptop
13. David Wright
14. TS

This could be the biggest NSW Ozgolf day ever ... 8)

Fishman Dan
5th March 2006, 08:39 PM
Ok tarts.. this is it. Good to see there's a huge day brewing, but i'm unfortunately not going to be able to make it as previously stated.

If we want a serious champs over the course of 12 months, then some brave soul has to come up with the plan months prior, with set dates (courses can be added later).

This is a serious case of TOO MANY COOKS. Leaving it up to us all to decide was always fraught with danger.

As it stands, i'm probably a 50% chance of making any of these rounds, as much fun as they would be. For what it's worth, i think anyone suggesting that a serious comp round on a weekday is inherently retarded.

Now, let's sit down and argue for 4 months over who is to be on this committee. :roll:

3oneday
5th March 2006, 09:01 PM
Did we get 14 to Mac Grange ??? Pretty good roll up.... how many NSW members didn't make the first day ??

I'll hope to make the next one, but my next biggest problem will be when I can play Dan in this matchplay thing. Now, maybe we should ditch that instead ???? :lol:

Pete

Fishman Dan
5th March 2006, 09:13 PM
Your next biggest problem is your OPPONENT! The venue, date and time and just measures in the result ;) :lol:

Jono
5th March 2006, 09:33 PM
Let's see, Mr Fishman ... Last time, you gave Grant a hard time because he had organised a weekend date that coincided with monthly medal. Not a club championship or anything of that magnitude, but a monthly medal, FFS. Now you are unhappy because it's a weekday. When are you going to realise that the Ozgolf days don't revolve around the fish? :roll: ;)

We didn't plan it this way, but it's going to be a weekday this time because so many people can make it. If you can't, then just make it to the next one. This is not meant to be a serious event. The rest of the rounds will most likely be on weekends (unless, of course, we have another weekday that so many are willing to attend and the winner of the previous round wants to have that day as the next round)

I hope we can sit down after the game on the 17th and come up with some basic guidelines (eg. how many rounds to count from how many). And I hope Grant will resume his role as the main organiser of this event, with the winner of each round taking up the responsibility of organizing the next round.

Fishman Dan
6th March 2006, 06:38 AM
The point being it was a weekday with very little notice, and a note from someone early on in the piece suggesting those who couldn't attend were doing so to be troublemakers.

The other 'disappointing' factor was a poll suggested 5 potential dates, yet the actual event is occurring a week before any of those dates (and on a weekday). So i miss out... a little dissapointing personally, but when 3+ groups can attend, it will be a good day.

And if another round was organised on a medal day, i'd still go to the medal day. Nothing's changed there.

If actual dates were known well ahead of time, it would be easier to plan. You don't agree with that? You can sit down on the 17th, but face it, we're 2 rounds into this event and we're still making 'rules'.

All kudos to Grant for getting the idea going, but his only failing was that he asked us for input ;)

connico
6th March 2006, 02:05 PM
Suggestion - take it how to will

Stroke day event proposal

There are 9 Months left after march, one stroke even has already occured the next one is set to occuring next week friday the 17th. Lets say we have 1 stoke event every month excluding december thats Eight events left for the year with two events having been played or already organised.

Lets propose that of the 10 events you can take 4 of those events for your total score. There are no restrictions for which events you choose to nominate as there are plenty of events you can make your score from for everybody.

The Event dates will not be nominated but predetermined, we can decide on which week of the month the events will be hosted. This will create an even playing ground. there will not be the excuse of "not enough people". All matches will have predetermined dates so no excuses if players dont want to turn up to the event on that day of the month then so be it, the ones that can will, play and get thier score.

I think that will make it much easier...and more professional, nominating dates are a farce as it lets people whinge, whine about how they have a life and need notice. Because we have given the notice people can schedule themselves aound the rounds.

Hope this helps, i think this is the best thing that can happen.

terryand
6th March 2006, 02:45 PM
Maybe you guys need a Queenslander to organize thing for you:mrgreen:

Terry.

3oneday
6th March 2006, 02:49 PM
Maybe you guys need a Queenslander to organize thing for you:mrgreen:

Terry.yep, that would help :smt075

Could we start with Spell Checker ??? :smt093

Let's just play golf, someone put up a poll for the date of the next one, say May, get it in early and lets get moving.

Otherwise we will have qlders all through this bloody thread =; :smt021

Virgal_Tracy
6th March 2006, 04:26 PM
Amazing how one little open invite to join Andrew and I in our matchplay game can create so much anger and vitriol.

Now having started all of this Andrew and I are pulling out. Life and family had gotten in the way of my being able to make it in the PM so Andrew and I are going to play this match at 9am on the same day. This means that we will be finished in time to meet you all arriving and wish you the best of luck. If its agreeable we could have our scores included in the day seeing as we will be playing the same course on the same day.

We will again open it up to those who can make it eg MAtt as it now won't clash with work committments.

It also means that DAve and TS can play as we still have 3 full groups. If anyone wishes to join Andrew and I the booking is under the name Bates for 9am. Add yourselves and just let me know.

So at this stage it looks like this.

9am
1. Vince
2. Andrew
3. Matt (?)

2pm
1. Pinglauncher
2. Grunt
3. Burger
4. Trung
5. Jimandr
6. Jono
7. Miro
8.Mrs Miro
9. Connico
10. Zipptop
11. David Wright
12. TS

Joining the argument I again think that we can have as many strokeplay days as we like but take the best 4 or 5 rounds. This is a social site and not a full on comp so if someone is that serious about wanting to win it and wants to play 6,8 or 10 rounds to ensure they get the best score then so be it.

I look forward to playing a few rounds of golf with some likeminded mates, playing new courses and having a drink afterwards and bull****ting about what could've been.

Thank you Grant for the original organisation but we either have one person making the rules or we go rules by majority vote. At this point in time with the competition already started then I go with Grant making the rules and if people don't like them start your own superleague and let the punters vote with their feet. Alternatively see how this year goes and make suggestions for rule changes to begin next year.

Lets forget the fighting and have some fun which is why I guess the website was set up for in the first place.

PS Mrs Miro / Miro owe me a drink for doing their organising (being as this was done in quick reply this would be followed by multiple winks)

brad
6th March 2006, 04:44 PM
:-P Go Grant Go ..:-P

We're all amatures, well I most definitely am :mrgreen:. I don't really think playing 20 or even 30 games would make my chances any better. I just want to play golf. So when I can, count me in!!!.

connico
6th March 2006, 04:55 PM
so does that mean your coming to the 17th brad?

Fishman Dan
6th March 2006, 05:42 PM
I don't plan on winning, my plans revolves around everyone else losing.

I don't consider this an argument? Maybe a series of contradictions, but never an argument..

Thank you Grant for the original organisation but we either have one person making the rules or we go rules by majority vote

Virgal - you hit the nail on the head.. with an each-way bet ;), but i think it's too late for this year (considering we'd like to closely align it to a crescendo at the Champs in November), and someone needs to take control next year.

Trung
6th March 2006, 06:55 PM
9am is better for myself & Dave as well...

9am
1. Vince
2. Andrew
3. Matt (?)
4. Trung
5. David Wright

2pm
1. Pinglauncher
2. Grunt
3. Burger
5. Jimandr
6. Jono
7. Miro
8.Mrs Miro
9. Connico
10. Zipptop
12. TS

Trung
6th March 2006, 06:56 PM
:-P Go Grant Go ..:-P

It's VINCE :p

Grunt
6th March 2006, 07:12 PM
and someone needs to take control next year.

NOT ME !!!!!

Grunt
6th March 2006, 08:22 PM
This might cause some S&*t but I have made a decision to remove this event from the Strokeplay Champs. I have also added some rules to the Strokeplay Calendar thread. They are nothing new really, they are the line in the sand that should stop all the problems that were highlighted by this event.

The day will still be a good OzGolf Day, with everyone earning OzGolf Dollars, some matchplay matches will also be played in the event too.

Sorry if it has been a decision made late but it had to be made, also in making this call the cutoff date for the 2nd round will be extended to the end of April. If you go back to the poll you had a clear majority for the 25th March.

Let get back to what this forum was set up to do, Having fun playing golf with friends, without all the bickering that I seem to have started with the NSW Strokeplay Champs.

jimandr
6th March 2006, 09:02 PM
This will cause heartache to nobody except Burger, but I am out as well. Just about the only work event that could force me to go to work (a job interview) has been scheduled for Friday 17th, so I'm out.

For what it is worth, I still think the 17th should be the stroke play championship round, and if others are agreeable, the weekend only players should be able to organise their own game, at Camden Lakeside, the weekend after or the one after that, with the scores counting.

If there are no objections, I'll ask the weekenders which date and time is best, and we'll do it. If it costs us the weekend rate, so what. If nobody wants to play, I miss a round.

Maybe we can have a "Vardon" championship as well, with a minimum of 4 or 6 rounds to qualify. If we do, I nominate Jono to use his formula designing skills to work out how a game at an easy course receives the same value as a game in 50 mph winds at a hard course.

Grunt
6th March 2006, 09:05 PM
Sorry to sound like an ****hole but read the rules

Rule 1. No midweek rounds!

the rules were written today to set some lines in the sand. I am welcome to changes for NEXT YEAR (because I won't be bothered getting involved) but this year stands as it is!!!

Grunt
6th March 2006, 09:08 PM
The list is getting patchy
9am Tee off
1. Vince
2. Andrew
3. Matt (?)
4. Trung
5. David Wright

2pm Tee Off
1. Pinglauncher
2. Grunt (prefer morning tee time)
3. Burger
6. Jono
7. Miro
8.Mrs Miro
9. Connico
10. Zipptop
12. TS

3oneday
6th March 2006, 09:16 PM
It's VINCE :p

:lol: see, it's not just me !!!!

3oneday
6th March 2006, 09:20 PM
If you go back to the poll you had a clear majority for the 25th March.sorry, which thread ?? :oops:

I think I am out anyway, I am currently leading qualifier in the club matchplay with one round to play. First round is played 25th March. I could still miss out I guess, but Dan would have to inhabit my body for the day :smt087

Pete

Fishman Dan
6th March 2006, 09:26 PM
Grant - tough call to make with so many attendee's.

But put it this way - if the game was planned for the Saturday 18th (or 25th, or 1st of April) at Camden Valley, do you think we'd still get 12-16 people. Be interesting to see how many of the "Ye's" would have come to that.

And it wouldn't cost $90 at CV.

Good luck to the winner... for having to plan the next round ;)

Pete - your body is a temple, and i'm pretty much without religion. Not even i would go there.

TS
6th March 2006, 10:26 PM
Since there are 9 in the afternoon, please remove me so it will make 2 group of 4 instead.

9am Tee off
1. Vince
2. Andrew
3. Matt (?)
4. Trung
5. David Wright

2pm Tee Off
1. Pinglauncher
2. Grunt (prefer morning tee time)
3. Burger
4. Jono
5. Miro
6. Mrs Miro
7. Connico
8. Zipptop

TS

burger
7th March 2006, 07:54 AM
How many others want to change to the morning and are there spots available, cos we have the discount vouchers to cut the cost . . . .
8 for $50 each 2 x freebies . . . .

If connico agrees I am happy with AM too . . . .
however equally happy with PM time . . . .

now would someone please help me remove the fencepost from my butt :mrgreen:

stu

miro
7th March 2006, 08:14 AM
Three things:

a. As this is not a stroke round you can assume that Mrs Miro or her fill in me are no longer organising the next one (Grunt note the only person who has not modified your original rules was me/ Mrs Miro who had the absolute right to organise the next round when and where we wanted to.)

b. Miro and Mrs Miro are out so TS you are free to play.

c. Ping and Grunt you can take that as a forfeit on the matchplay -good luck with the balance of the competition and enjoy Friday.

Grunt
7th March 2006, 08:35 AM
Three things:

a. As this is not a stroke round you can assume that Mrs Miro or her fill in me are no longer organising the next one (Grunt note the only person who has not modified your original rules was me/ Mrs Miro who had the absolute right to organise the next round when and where we wanted to.)

b. Mrs Miro is out so TS you are free to play. Grunt you can take that as a forfeit on the matchplay -congratulations on your win.

In answer to quote a.
It was assumed by all that the rounds would be on weekends. Sorry if I did not make this clear enough at the start.

Qoute b.
Why is she forfeiting? I was still coming for the matchplay.

Pinglauncher
7th March 2006, 08:56 AM
Three things:

b. Miro and Mrs Miro are out so TS you are free to play.

c. Ping and Grunt you can take that as a forfeit on the matchplay -good luck with the balance of the competition and enjoy Friday.

Jesus, I feel like I am in the middle of a "Days of our Lives" episode. You come back 3 years later and the storyline is still the same.

I was just hoping to catch up with a few friends and enjoy a game of golf and it has turned into a huge and ugly drama.

Miro, I am more than happy to reschedule our match play for another more suitable time if you cannot make next week. I really don't see any reason you should be forfeiting.

Virgal_Tracy
7th March 2006, 09:05 AM
I'm really not fussed on who plays at what time but can I have people let me know today when / if / what time they are playing so I can let the course know.

I have already stuffed them around enough requesting extra tee times and them trying to fit us in around a corporate day.

So far myself, Andrew, Trung and David are playing in the morning. CAn everyone else please confirm their times so that I can make further bookings / cancellations.

I also have one of the discount vouchers so our group is right in the morning for $50ea

Grunt
7th March 2006, 09:13 AM
Well going by today's posts about this Ozgolf day the following are playing.
9am
1. Vince
2. Andrew
3. Matt (?)
4. Trung
5. David Wright

2pm
1.Pinglauncher
2.Grunt (prefer morning tee time but will play afternoon if reqd for groups)
3.Burger
4.Jono
5.Connico
6.Zipptop

Maybes

TSShould we all move to the morning and regroup and just have an OzGolf day with matchplay rounds in conjunction? It would be 3 full groups if TS would like to come.

Jono
7th March 2006, 11:09 AM
Vince,

I am right for either the morning or the arvo tee time. If we have enough vouchers, why don't we all go for the morning time instead of dividing into two groups?

As for the state of affairs in stroke event ... NO COMMENT.

3oneday
7th March 2006, 11:16 AM
As for the state of affairs in stroke event ... NO COMMENT.that'll be the best thing you've said thus far as well :p

connico
7th March 2006, 11:18 AM
i would like move to the morning as burger has agreed to the move...

9am
1. Vince
2. Andrew
3. Matt (?)
4. Trung
5. David Wright
6. Connico
7. Burger
8. TS (come on you know you want too :) )

2pm
1.Pinglauncher
2.Grunt (prefer morning tee time but will play afternoon if reqd for groups)
3.Jono
4.Zipptop

Maybes

* TS

Jono
7th March 2006, 11:33 AM
Enjoy your day....

And that's the best thing you've said in this ugly thread ... :roll: You should have stopped there. ;)

This thread is so full of people accusing others of a) taking it too seriously b) having a thin skin bla, bla, bla. Some serious dummy spitting and not willing to come up with a compromise/solution. Connico and Matt came up with some workable solutions, but oh well ... I guess it was always gonna end up ugly ...

:-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-#

Since the Miros have now pulled out, Grant why don't you decide when/where next stroke event will be played? I'll just go along with whatever.

brad
7th March 2006, 11:39 AM
so does that mean your coming to the 17th brad?

I meant in general:oops: Too busy to play 17th:evil: .

Grunt
7th March 2006, 11:40 AM
9am
1. Vince
2. Andrew
3. Matt (?)
4. Trung
5. David Wright
6. Connico
7. Burger
8. TS (come on you know you want too :smile: )
9. Grunt

2pm
1.Pinglauncher
2.Jono
3.Zipptop

Maybes

* TS

3oneday
7th March 2006, 11:45 AM
I'll just go along with whatever.why didn't you say that pages ago ???

Grant offered a suggestion, it was made prior to the first round. Everyone accepted it then, the status quo has now been reinstated, best 4 of 5.

Let's now enjoy the event, and the winner, well the winner will be well pleased with their crowning moment, their golfing pinnacle, their ....

It means so little, just play, maybe next year we should consider going back to just organising games. No slight on Grant at all, great idea I thought and still do, but it all seems to have gotten a little extreme.

Pete

Jono
7th March 2006, 11:46 AM
1. Vince
2. Andrew
3. Matt (?)
4. Trung
5. David Wright
6. Connico
7. Burger
8. TS (come on you know you want too :smile: )
9. Grunt
10.Pinglauncher
11.Jono
12.Zipptop

If someone can't make it to morning tee time, put your hand up.

brad
7th March 2006, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung

It's VINCE :razz:

:lol: see, it's not just me !!!!

I have a feeling this started before I was born (as an OzGolfer:)).

Please explain ....

Pinglauncher
7th March 2006, 11:58 AM
I will have to see if I can do some juggling to make the early tee time. Will confirm this afternoon.

Does this now change the cost back to $90 for the green fees etc.

Virgal_Tracy
7th March 2006, 11:59 AM
OK we are looking at moving everyone to the morning pending approval from CL. Now at this rate we have 3 discount vouchers and Grants Freebie.

MAybe we should get everyone to pay $50 for the round (except Grant) and the $50 fo towards the ubiquitous bottle of wine that seems to be the prize of choice. Either that or Trung gets his freebie from Grant as promised and the present from Vegas becomes the prize. I don't want this to become the source of another argument just an idea.

Jono
7th March 2006, 12:16 PM
OK we are looking at moving everyone to the morning pending approval from CL. Now at this rate we have 3 discount vouchers and Grants Freebie.

MAybe we should get everyone to pay $50 for the round (except Grant) and the $50 fo towards the ubiquitous bottle of wine that seems to be the prize of choice. Either that or Trung gets his freebie from Grant as promised and the present from Vegas becomes the prize. I don't want this to become the source of another argument just an idea.

You are very brave to throw an idea into this thread ... you wait till someone jumps in and says that he doesn't drink wine ... ;)

I think Grant has already promised Trung a free game, so let's not touch that. If we have enough of discount vouchers, perhaps we can divide the rest of the cost equally ... Should still come out approx $50 - $60. I am happy to throw in say $5 to $10 for a collective prize, whatever that may be.

zipptopp
7th March 2006, 12:28 PM
I can't make a morning game as this would cost me a whole day off work. Sorry it's afternoon or nothing, so looks like it's nothing

Grunt
7th March 2006, 12:31 PM
Sorry Geoff if all of this is my fault

connico
7th March 2006, 12:34 PM
...well thats a kick in the pants..

if zipptopp wants to play and i think he does and burger agrees ill move back to the 2pm timeslot

zipptopp
7th March 2006, 12:38 PM
That's O.K. Grant, see you Thursday at Liverpool.

Jono
7th March 2006, 12:38 PM
...well thats a kick in the pants..

if zipptopp wants to play and i think he does and burger agrees ill move back to the 2pm timeslot

Sorry, I shouldn't have moved everyone to the morning session so soon.

I am happy to play either morning or arvo. So if you need a fourth player to fill in the spot in the arvo, feel free to move me to arvo time slot.

3oneday
7th March 2006, 01:04 PM
Where have all the Indians gone ???

I don't drink wine, maybe I should though :p

Matt 3 Jab
7th March 2006, 01:12 PM
ill be in for a morning game, just need to know a cost!

Jono
7th March 2006, 01:13 PM
Just speaking with Grant in the chatroom ... seems like a bit of misunderstanding ... Let me make my position clear on this issue of stoke event.

I personally think this round could have been used as part of the stroke event, especially with so many willing to attend. The availability of participants is always going to be an issue, especially when we are trying to count 4 rounds. Hence my suggestion of having as many stroke rounds as we can during the year, preferably weekends, but more importantly on days where there will be good attendance. From there, we can choose the best 4 rounds. (I suggested "out of the first 5 rounds you play" so that those who can not attend all the rounds will not be disadvantaged). I thought this was a reasonable compromise considering how difficult it is to organise a big Ozgolf day, let alone 4.

Having said that, it was only a suggestion. If you did not like the suggestion, all you had to do was disagree. I think Grant did the right thing in stepping in and setting some guidelines. I will go along with that.

My "NO COMMENT" comment was directed at all the unnecessary comments in this thread. Comments about the messenger rather than the message ... it seems like everyone is equally amazed at how silly/retarded/serious others are. "You are taking it too serious, I just want to enjoy golf with fellow Ozgolfers". "You have a thin skin. etc". If you don't agree with suggestions thrown in, then just say so. No need for sarcastic/caustic remarks.

Anyway, the decision has been made, so I'll go along with it. 8)

Grunt
7th March 2006, 01:29 PM
ill be in for a morning game, just need to know a cost!

Should be $50 Matt

3oneday
7th March 2006, 01:37 PM
No need for sarcastic/caustic remarks. that's pretty thin skinned of you Jono, luckily our Ozgolf days don't all revolve around the fish, hey mate :lol:

Anyway, sorry, couldn't resist as I can still remember your angst over the R7 TP, ahh, those were the days !!!!!

See you all at Windsor, one Sunday soon !!!!!!

Jono
7th March 2006, 02:37 PM
that's pretty thin skinned of you Jono, luckily our Ozgolf days don't all revolve around the fish, hey mate :lol:

Anyway, sorry, couldn't resist as I can still remember your angst over the R7 TP, ahh, those were the days !!!!!

See you all at Windsor, one Sunday soon !!!!!!

Well, Mr 3papercutsinoneday ... hurry up and organise the 2nd round. Since you are the next highest finish after Mrs Miro ... Or if you don't want to, then I think the next person in line is MOI. BTW, I now live within a walking distance (albeit a long walk) from Moore Park GC. A possible venue for an Ozgolf day? We'll see ... 8)

terryand
7th March 2006, 03:20 PM
OK you lot, I've had enough,get it over and done with.

May i suggest handbags at 20 paces:-?

Terry.

Fishman Dan
7th March 2006, 03:41 PM
Miro - let's be honest, you fired this entire thing up. Now you're pulling out?

Pinglauncher
7th March 2006, 03:48 PM
Can't make 9:00 am.

I'm goooone !!!!

Trung
7th March 2006, 04:22 PM
MAybe we should get everyone to pay $50 for the round (except Grant) and the $50 fo towards the ubiquitous bottle of wine that seems to be the prize of choice. Either that or Trung gets his freebie from Grant as promised and the present from Vegas becomes the prize. I don't want this to become the source of another argument just an idea..

Trung is getting his freebie from Grant, and the present is Grant so none of you touch it.. hehe

Since I'm getting a free game, I will bring a bottle of wine for the winner..... Enough said from me, see you all next week..

ps... morning time is much better.... :mrgreen:

connico
7th March 2006, 04:26 PM
so wats the go is zz and ping willing to play in the afternoon if so i think me and burger can fill out the 2 remaining spots if they do?

Jono
7th March 2006, 04:37 PM
so wats the go is zz and ping willing to play in the afternoon if so i think me and burger can fill out the 2 remaining spots if they do?

I'll divide up the two tee times again. I've listed those who are willing/able to attend either am or pm on both lists. We can shuffle as necessary.

am
1. Vince
2. Andrew
3. Matt
4. Trung
5. David Wright
6. Connico
7. Burger
8. TS
9. Grunt
10.Jono

pm
1. Pinglauncher
2. Zipptop
3. Connico
4. Burger
5. Jono
6. TS

Let's go from here.

connico
7th March 2006, 04:47 PM
personally i dont care when i play, i would prefer the morning since burger would prefer the morning and ill be the one giving him a lift. Regardless If jono and ts are willing to play in the afternoon with zippy and ping then we are settled, only need to confirm that booking and we are straight unless someone else decides to pull out prematurely

Trung
7th March 2006, 05:01 PM
It's not fair on the organiser if you put names down for both AM & PM.... This is not a normal course where you can put as many names down as you like..

Camden Lakeside takes credit card number of the organiser as security.. You are either YES for AM or YES for PM....

A private msg between matchplay parties to decide when to play is better... After that put your name down for AM or PM... Don't create more problems when there are already so many of it...

At this rate, there wont be much NSW Ozgolf Days in the future... You will find that people will arrange future games via PM rather then starting a thread for everyone to b*tch.

TS
7th March 2006, 05:10 PM
I will give this game a miss as I have a lot of work to catch up.

TS

Fishman Dan
7th March 2006, 05:12 PM
At this rate, there wont be much NSW Ozgolf Days in the future...

Don't listen to him. He's stirring trouble before ditching us all and going overseas. And he's a QLD'er in disguise anyway. ;)

Long live NSW OzGolf days!

Pinglauncher
7th March 2006, 05:45 PM
Look, everyone else seems to want to play in the morning so just be done with it and organise morning tee times. I will catch up with you all another time.

connico
7th March 2006, 08:00 PM
cool looks like morning tee times then any idea when we will be kicking off? :)

Jono
8th March 2006, 11:14 AM
Miro - let's be honest, you fired this entire thing up. Now you're pulling out?

](*,)

Jono
8th March 2006, 11:17 AM
1. Vince
2. Andrew
3. Matt
4. Trung
5. David Wright
6. Connico
7. Burger
8. Grunt
9. Jono

AndyP
8th March 2006, 11:17 AM
Any chance you guys could organise a chook raffle on the day to raise some funds?

Jono
8th March 2006, 11:22 AM
At this rate, there wont be much NSW Ozgolf Days in the future... You will find that people will arrange future games via PM rather then starting a thread for everyone to b*tch.

It didn't have to end in this ugly manner. But it has. Decision has been made by Grant so let's all support it. No further negative comments about the ugliness of this thread is required.

Miro and Mrs Miro, I hope you guys will join us for future Ozgolf days when the negative vibes have blown over. I hope you'll still play in the matchplay comp, but it's up to you whether you decide to pull out or not.

connico
8th March 2006, 11:38 AM
so thats 9 people hey, how are the groups to be organised?

Virgal_Tracy
8th March 2006, 11:46 AM
Well speaking personally lets go with 3 groups of 3 if they allow it seeing as there will be extra carts needed. If they do allow it I'll invite Connico to play with Andrew and I as he is the only OzGolfer I haven't played with as yet.

Trung and David will play together. Other than that put up your hands if there is any preferences.

It should still be $50 if Grant brings both his vouchers and I bring mine.

Trung
8th March 2006, 11:47 AM
Trung, Dave and Grant sounds fine... :)

Virgal_Tracy
8th March 2006, 11:52 AM
So that leaves the groups as:

Group 1

Vince
Andrew
Connico

Group2
Trung
Dave
Grant

Group 3
Jono
Burger
Matt

Going once, Going twice, Gone. We will have space for 3 extras and they can slot into each group as they come along.
This is all dependent on the club and what they say about the group breakdown. I'll post this pm and let everyone know what they said.

connico
8th March 2006, 12:02 PM
excellent, i like it when things go smoothly hehehe.

Jono
8th March 2006, 12:20 PM
Great. Looking forward to it. 8)

Vince, are we still up for a bottle of wine for the winner? I'm happy to get the wine if this is the case. Or Matt might be able to get a better deal from work.

Trung
8th March 2006, 12:31 PM
Jono, free game for me.. I will provide a bottle...

So the winner will get a cheapest possible bottle of wine out there....

connico
8th March 2006, 12:39 PM
sounds good trung.....i saw a few bottles of wine the other day for 3.99 lucky dips?? :)

Grunt
8th March 2006, 02:27 PM
Don't get anything that is a drink now option I can't have a drink until 2007 at least, maybe 2008. Oh thats right I dont stand a chance of winning. ;)

Virgal_Tracy
8th March 2006, 02:50 PM
Yeah Grant your like Trung, doesn't travel well.

Confirmed with Camden Lakeside. 3 groups everyone in a cart so no problems. 3 spots can be filled by others if they want to come out and play.

Trung
8th March 2006, 02:59 PM
Yeah Grant your like Trung, doesn't travel well.

knifes are already out... :twisted:

Fishman Dan
8th March 2006, 05:30 PM
It didn't have to end in this ugly manner. But it has.

I don't agree that it ever got ugly, but there have been some quality dummy spits.

When you're reading posts on a forum it's all down to interpretation. Jono, i think you take some of them waaaaaaay too seriously.

Fishman Dan
8th March 2006, 05:31 PM
I'll see if i can get the day off, I could be the 12th!

Jono
8th March 2006, 05:40 PM
I don't agree that it ever got ugly, but there have been some quality dummy spits.

When you're reading posts on a forum it's all down to interpretation. Jono, i think you take some of them waaaaaaay too seriously.

Dan,

I enjoy a bit of sledging/joking just as much as the next guy.

When it goes beyond it and gets nasty/personal, that's another matter. I think it's worthwhile asking yourself "would I have the balls to say this in person?" Miro being over 6 foot, I think you might have reconsidered your last remark ... ;) :mrgreen:

Anyway, IMO, it did get ugly, but that's finished. Let's move on. 8)

Jono
8th March 2006, 05:42 PM
Don't get anything that is a drink now option I can't have a drink until 2007 at least, maybe 2008. Oh thats right I dont stand a chance of winning. ;)

Grant,

Don't think about protecting your score. You should be thinking about protecting:

a) your head from Dave's cart
b) your putter from Trung's cart

:mrgreen:

Fishman Dan
8th March 2006, 05:44 PM
When did it get personal?

And should i feel physically threatened?

Grunt
8th March 2006, 05:53 PM
Grant,

Don't think about protecting your score. You should be thinking about protecting:

Who said anything about protecting scores?

Jono
8th March 2006, 05:56 PM
Who said anything about protecting scores?

Joke, Grant ... :roll:

Hello, Mr Green ... :mrgreen:

Fishman Dan
8th March 2006, 05:57 PM
Quit while you're behind Jono :lol:

Jono
8th March 2006, 06:13 PM
deleted ... 8) Thanks Connico ... :lol:

connico
8th March 2006, 06:22 PM
i think someone should drop it and stop discussing watever they are trying to discuss on this thread??? might be a happy ending, regardless where we all having lunch?

3oneday
8th March 2006, 07:10 PM
And should i feel physically threatened?3 woods at 15 paces ????

terryand
8th March 2006, 07:14 PM
3 woods at 15 paces ????

Fishy will have to aim 15* left to hit him:smt002

Terry.

3oneday
8th March 2006, 07:27 PM
Fishy will have to aim 15* left to hit him:smt002

Terry.it'll have nuthin left by the time it faded into him too :lol:

Fishman Dan
8th March 2006, 07:30 PM
Aww c'mon. I'll dob. :roll:

Trung
9th March 2006, 12:24 AM
Dan, I enjoy a bit of sledging/joking just as much as the next guy.

Dan, I think it's worthwhile asking yourself "would I have the balls to say this in person?" Miro being over 6 foot, I think you might have reconsidered your last remark ... ;) :mrgreen:

Jono, you are starting to sound like MarkTheBlake...

very dry sense of humour...... quit while you are still standing....... or else I will have to deck you.... See, straight to the point.... :mrgreen:

ps.. please tell me your not 6 foot tall, I will need a baseball bat :twisted: .

Trung
9th March 2006, 12:26 AM
Grant,

Whats with the ":mrgreen:" emoticon ? Your reply is not even funny......

Make me laugh pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee....

Trung
9th March 2006, 12:28 AM
Aww c'mon. I'll dob. :roll:

Dob button is goooooooooorne :razz:

Matt 3 Jab
9th March 2006, 07:02 AM
Is this still an ozgolf day for the nsw strokeplay????
If not i can still play but just wondering thats all.
Would it be possible to be in the first group just incase its a slow round and i need to shoot off to work?

Grunt
9th March 2006, 07:10 AM
No just an OzGolf day Matt, you must have missed me making that post.

Join us Matt and lets just have a fun day of Golf. We have 3 groups of 3 so I think all you have to do to play is ring Camden Lakeside and tell them you are joining the group booked under "Bates"

Trung
9th March 2006, 07:13 AM
Matt,

with carts, the first group will be in the club house by 1.15-1.20pm....

Its never slow at CL... having said that, you are more than welcome to jump in front of our group if you need more time.

Trung
9th March 2006, 07:14 AM
So that leaves the groups as:

Group 1

Vince
Andrew
Connico

Group2
Trung
Dave
Grant

Group 3
Jono
Burger
Matt

Going once, Going twice, Gone. We will have space for 3 extras and they can slot into each group as they come along.
This is all dependent on the club and what they say about the group breakdown. I'll post this pm and let everyone know what they said.

Grant,

Matt is already booked as per Vince's post.. :mrgreen:

Grunt
9th March 2006, 07:17 AM
oops guess I should make sure I am awake before I post ;)

Jono
9th March 2006, 08:40 AM
Jono, you are starting to sound like MarkTheBlake...

That's the best Ozgolf compliment I've had yet ... Thanks Trungy. :smt023

brad
9th March 2006, 11:24 AM
No just an OzGolf day Matt, you must have missed me making that post.

With the post count on this thread there's no wonder :roll: :-D

Have a great game all :smt023

AndyP
10th March 2006, 09:13 AM
Dob button is goooooooooorne :razz:
It's still there. Check the bottom left of each post, under a person's profile.

brad
10th March 2006, 12:07 PM
It's still there. Check the bottom left of each post, under a person's profile.

I don't seem to have one under my last post.....your talking about the exclamation on an upsidedown give way sign???

AndyP
10th March 2006, 12:21 PM
I don't seem to have one under my last post.....your talking about the exclamation on an upsidedown give way sign???
Yes, that's the one.

Did you intend on reporting your own post? Wouldn't it be easier to edit it?

brad
12th March 2006, 05:58 PM
Yes, that's the one.

Did you intend on reporting your own post? Wouldn't it be easier to edit it?

Ahhhh. Not on your own posts. That's why I manage and don't do the actual techy work:)

connico
15th March 2006, 09:54 AM
so who thinks its going to rain???

If it does are we still playing?? cos im game!!! :)

burger
15th March 2006, 10:56 AM
from smh.com.au

http://www.f2.com.au/images/weather/large/1.gifhttp://www.f2.com.au/common/1pix.gifFriday
Rain clearing early. SW/SE winds.
Min: 21C Max: 27C

Guess it depends on what they call early . .. . .

I'm in too connico

connico
15th March 2006, 12:14 PM
good to hear burger, rain doesnt put me off, just have to make sure my bag is nice and secure lol :)

Trung
15th March 2006, 07:59 PM
Guys,

Dave is out, wife wants to visit the zoo...

Golf or Zoo... :twisted:

Wife decides Zoo.. :confused:

Dave lost... :-s
===================================

Group 1
1. Vince
2. Andrew
3. Connico

Group2
1. Trung
2. ________
3. Grant

Group 3
1. Jono
2. Burger
3. Matt

We can make 2 groups of 4, let me know and I will ring the club. :-o

connico
15th March 2006, 08:10 PM
i think we should go two groups of four, would be alot more fun and we dont have to have to many carts

Andrew
16th March 2006, 05:59 AM
Group 1
1. Vince
2. Andrew
3. Connico

Group2
1. Trung
2. ________
3. Grant

Group 3
1. Jono
2. Burger
3. Matt

We can make 2 groups of 4, let me know and I will ring the club. :-o
No, don't do that. I don't like Trung, Grant, Jono, Burger or Matt.

I'm not too wrapped in Vince or Connico either, but that guy at No. 2 is a pretty good bloke.;)

Andrew
16th March 2006, 06:01 AM
And before we argue for another 5 pages, I'm joking.

Grunt
16th March 2006, 06:43 AM
Were you Andrew I couldn't tell and I was about to get angry ;)

Virgal_Tracy
16th March 2006, 07:54 AM
Go 2 groups of 4. I'd suggest that Matt come join us in the 1st group so he can be sure of getting away early but that would leave Trung and Jono in the same group. Not sure that's a good idea (only cause I'd miss hearing the sledging).

I'm just going to turn up tomorrow, be in the 1st group with the only guy that Andrew thinks is a pretty god bloke and whoever is ready can join us and tee off at 9am.

Grunt
16th March 2006, 08:04 AM
god bloke or good bloke?

AndyP
16th March 2006, 08:07 AM
Maybe both. Interesting typistical error.

connico
16th March 2006, 08:48 AM
i resent that comment, im just as good of a bloke as anyone just a little meaner and nastier and more unfriendly...wait that means im not a good bloke at all, ok dont mind me then lol

Grunt
16th March 2006, 09:19 AM
is this the biggest thread ever for just a game of golf?

Virgal_Tracy
16th March 2006, 09:34 AM
Well the thread for the golf part is actually only 3 posts, the other 233 posts are made up with *****in, fighting, scratching and other stuff that is totally off topic.

Lets continue in that vain and have some real sledging, side bets and mind games.

I think god bloke is an apt description of andrew. Read his qualifications and he is probably closer to god than the rest of us. Obviously doesn't have too much sway though cause if he did he would either be blessed with talent to rival Tiger or hwe would've given up wordly possessions (oh wait he has he's a muso) and gone into the friary.

If i was in advanced I'd have a whole heap of winks and smiley faces.

Matt 3 Jab
16th March 2006, 09:45 AM
yea, 2 groups of 4, ill go with andrew (need to ask him a guitar question) and connico (he has my hat) and Vince (need to prove i can putt from kogarah) and it will be all sweet, im sure we'll hear the sledging from the greens behind us ;)
im in rain hail or shine!

terryand
16th March 2006, 10:16 AM
What...Haven't you guys played this game yet....Jeez:smt009

Terry.

connico
16th March 2006, 10:18 AM
its on tomorrow mate the 17th or march...unless we travel forward in time we couldnt have played it...

AndyP
16th March 2006, 10:19 AM
is this the biggest thread ever for just a game of golf?
Although "impressive", I doubt that it is even close, Grunt.

Oh look, another page started.

terryand
16th March 2006, 10:20 AM
Has to be the biggest for a mid week game....

You sure you guys haven't played it yet :smt017

Terry.

AndyP
16th March 2006, 10:24 AM
I take it back. Champs aside, it's right up there.

connico
16th March 2006, 10:27 AM
whats the biggest there andy???

regardless do we have to get carts tomorrow?

Grunt
16th March 2006, 10:30 AM
It might even make the national news too!
Headlines & postmatch quotes
"NSW OzGolfer's Finally Play match"
"The game that turned the the NSW OZGolf StrokePlay Champs on it Head"
"8 players play in infamous game @ Camden Lakeside"
"Viscous Sledging heard in Final group"
"Putting poor in 1st group"
"Golf the Victor on the Day"
"Matchplay victor confident of overall win in Championships"
"Matchplay loss sees player spit dummy and vow never to play again"
"Matchplay loser vows to win next year"

I wonder how many of these will come true?

AndyP
16th March 2006, 10:31 AM
whats the biggest there andy???
If I told you, you'd probably try to manufacture a record, and you know my feelings on that........

Grunt
16th March 2006, 10:31 AM
regardless do we have to get carts tomorrow?

Included in the price

Trung
16th March 2006, 10:33 AM
OK.... Just rang Camden......... now 2 groups of 4 starting at 9am........

ps... I wouldn't mind having a game with Connico since he is the only one I have not met or play with. Not much opportunity in the near future....

Vince, do you mind if Connico move to the second group with Grant, myself and ficken Jono... hehe.. I'm sure you will have a chance to play with him at a later stage.... please please.. ;)

1. Vince, Andrew, Burger, Matt
2. Trung, Grant, Jono, Connico

connico
16th March 2006, 10:44 AM
well it looks like its already done then lol...so carts are included hey, and the price is 50bucks wohoo!!!

Grunt
16th March 2006, 10:48 AM
Could be slightly dearer now Anthony as Trung and I are not paying at all the vouchers offer discounts relating to how many in each group. So unless we get them to hold the offer you may be up for $55. Or if they are real A R S E holes they could even charge one group $200 and the other $110 with the conditions on the vouchers, but if that is the case Trung and I could slip a couple of bucks in to make it $50 for everyone.