PDA

View Full Version : TaylorMade SLDR thread

Pages : [1] 2

gazgolf1
15th July 2014, 07:06 PM
Seems like a lot of these are bought and then sold real quick when the owner realises that the head is too low spin. So who has stuck and is gaming the SLDR?

talbo
15th July 2014, 07:11 PM
I know two guys who I rarely play golf with that these, one now games a xhot2 and the other went back to a R11s.

FuzzyJuzzy
15th July 2014, 07:28 PM
For me, my JetSpeed is working a fair ways better than my SLDR did...

Wenz
15th July 2014, 07:41 PM
SLDR was and is better than anything on the market for me.
Was fairly impressed by i25 today after hitting it with a stock shaft.

Waggle
15th July 2014, 07:43 PM
I could hardly get the SLDR I tried to do anything other than low launching wimpy drives. Not for me.

talbo
15th July 2014, 08:02 PM
SLDR was and is better than anything on the market for me.
Was fairly impressed by i25 today after hitting it with a stock shaft.

I25 is great, only driver that's tempted me recently!

gazgolf1
15th July 2014, 09:01 PM
I25 ey? very interesting

FuzzyJuzzy
15th July 2014, 09:06 PM
I25 ey? very interesting

Love the i25's racing stripe. But word is the G30 is the business...

braddles
15th July 2014, 09:45 PM
Still using my SLDR 430 10* Jap version. It is the only driver I have at the moment, which is very rare for me! The Titleist 915 is next on my list to try.

perci
15th July 2014, 09:46 PM
Love the i25's racing stripe. But word is the G30 is the business...

Mmm Turbulators!

jocker
15th July 2014, 10:32 PM
yep, love it. 12 degrees. Perhaps oddly, I always grab it on windy days. Less spin so get much more distance when the wind is up.

JADO75
15th July 2014, 10:52 PM
I've had more SLDR's than most that I know & while I love the look, sound, feel & distance of a middled ball I found them too taxing on miss hits compared to a few other drivers like the bio cell+, covert tour 2.0, jetspeed & Bertha Alpha (the drivers Ive mentioned have similar low spin qualities). I also found the SLDR's to be very shaft sensitive in that shaft profile's that I love to use & have worked well for me in the past haven't always worked out well in a sldr head. If you're someone who nuts the middle time after time the sldr with the right shaft & enough loft may well be the driver dreams are made of. It seems plenty of us (me included) get caught up in the whole "it must be awesome because it'll drop my spin & I'll get heaps of roll" which may be true for some but just as many actually need more spin to get better results. I don't own any SLDR's anymore, I may in the future but I'm getting sldr like low spin (not quite as low though) from my bio+ but my misshits are way above average & the great swings are rewarded with monsters.

Johnny Canuck
15th July 2014, 11:29 PM
I've had more SLDR's than most that I know & while I love the look, sound, feel & distance of a middled ball I found them too taxing on miss hits compared to a few other drivers like the bio cell+, covert tour 2.0, jetspeed & Bertha Alpha (the drivers Ive mentioned have similar low spin qualities). I also found the SLDR's to be very shaft sensitive in that shaft profile's that I love to use & have worked well for me in the past haven't always worked out well in a sldr head. If you're someone who nuts the middle time after time the sldr with the right shaft & enough loft may well be the driver dreams are made of. It seems plenty of us (me included) get caught up in the whole "it must be awesome because it'll drop my spin & I'll get heaps of roll" which may be true for some but just as many actually need more spin to get better results. I don't own any SLDR's anymore, I may in the future but I'm getting sldr like low spin (not quite as low though) from my bio+ but my misshits are way above average & the great swings are rewarded with monsters.

What loft did you find gave you the most distance?

I hit the middle more often than naught. I was using a 9.5 Razr Fit, have a 10.5 SLDR, but have been de-lofting it to 10 or 9.5 because I am used to that.
I haven't had the chance to fully experiment with different loft settings.

JADO75
15th July 2014, 11:47 PM
Probably the 10.5 head set on 10.5, a few clicks to draw with a VTS silver 6 stiff.
Most accurate was a 12.5 head set on 12.5, few clicks to draw with a VTS silver 5 stiff.
Hit some monsters with the JDM 10 but it was due to the roll out, not enough carry for my liking

Johnny Canuck
16th July 2014, 01:12 AM
Interesting. Maybe I will pop it back to 10.5.

Waggle
16th July 2014, 07:51 AM
Loft Up.

Wenz
16th July 2014, 08:17 AM
Interested article i read on golfwrx saying you can get more distance if you put the sliding weight directly behind the center of the club. Which is roughly two lines towards fade.
As a basis. Some fitter in usa found that position produces higher ballspeeds for his customers.
Would this sort of counteract the low forward cg?

Im sceptical as I haven't had the time to hit it in this position. Hopefully will get out on the weekend and get some further information.

EDIT: Watch this video if you are interested in what I'm saying.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8Gg16NYKcs

pauly
16th July 2014, 10:03 AM
still going to persist with mine for another weekend before i go back to the JS head, noticed #loftup means #spinup for me, 9 degrees it seems to be giving me a high launching more boreing sort of flight - so we'll see with real golf balls this weekend on the course!
seems to be pretty forgiving for direction for me - compared with the js head which is more forgiving for distance (a bad sldr hit goes nowhere but still pretty straight)

gazgolf1
16th July 2014, 01:17 PM
Some interesting ideas here, I'm thinking of grabbing a 12 degree SLDR for S&G's and giving it a run, currently have a Bio Cell + and while its the longest driver I've hit I'm struggling with consistency. Maybe the SLDR will be the ticket.

Wenz
16th July 2014, 01:21 PM
SLDR is harder to hit then Bio Cell +

aym
16th July 2014, 05:03 PM
I never hit one but most people I know that had one have all moved on... apparently not very forgiving at all..

Shane788
16th July 2014, 05:21 PM
I've had my SLDR since they pretty much come out and havnt changed yet, tried few other but couldn't compete with the SLDR. 9.5 set to 9 with weight half towards draw.
Shaft of choice has been ad di 6x tipped half inch and kiyoshi purple 65 05 tipped 1 inch both playing just under 45".

gazgolf1
16th July 2014, 05:31 PM
I've had my SLDR since they pretty much come out and havnt changed yet, tried few other but couldn't compete with the SLDR. 9.5 set to 9 with weight half towards draw.
Shaft of choice has been ad di 6x tipped half inch and kiyoshi purple 65 05 tipped 1 inch both playing just under 45".

Alpha no good?

Shane788
16th July 2014, 05:56 PM
Alpha no good?

Didn't get along with it at all, loved the look at address, how it felt and it was really long but nothing but trouble for me, tried about 4 different shafts but couldn't tune it.
I don't think the SLDR is the longest but definitely most accurate. Trying an i25 with a di6x next week and put a di 6x in the old 910 d3 8.5* for this weekend to mix it up.

AlexMc
16th July 2014, 06:08 PM
I've got one - set to 10.5 I'm hitting more fairways and getting 5-10 more metres on average. In fact I've got myself a JDM model (just to be a little different).

I'm a believer - and I've never been a TM fan...

AlexMc
16th July 2014, 06:09 PM
What I will say is it is a better club with an AD-DI in it rather than the lightweight stock Speeder...

Johnny Canuck
16th July 2014, 06:33 PM
I have a V2 in it now and love it.

I think it is definitely the straightest driver that I have ever owned.

I have noticed that a gentle draw seems to give a big distance increase, more so than I see with other drivers. Very strange.

Wenz
16th July 2014, 08:57 PM
I have a kai'li 60 and 70 for mine.
Haven't tested 70 yet though. Will probably make it even longer and better dispersion.

gazgolf1
18th July 2014, 01:38 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/351116462674?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Just picked this up, I put in $250 best offer thinking they would'nt accept but they did, happy days.

oz
18th July 2014, 05:33 PM
Bought a 460 white in 10.5 yesterday. LM numbers were compelling.

JADO75
18th July 2014, 06:15 PM
Did you hit it outside?

Shane788
18th July 2014, 06:33 PM
Did you hit it outside?

Haha

peter_rs
18th July 2014, 06:36 PM
Dibs gaz

Shane788
20th July 2014, 01:45 AM
Is anyone playing there SLDR lower than stated loft or found they needed to change heads? I played my 9.5* at 8.5* today and I'm now bidding on a 8* head, Hated the open face but with a 8* head set on 8.5* should be sweet.

FuzzyJuzzy
20th July 2014, 05:40 AM
Is anyone playing there SLDR lower than stated loft or found they needed to change heads? I played my 9.5* at 8.5* today and I'm now bidding on a 8* head, Hated the open face but with a 8* head set on 8.5* should be sweet.

"Loft Up" then hey TaylorMade?:).

Shane788
20th July 2014, 07:40 AM
"Loft Up" then hey TaylorMade?:).

Haha yeah I guess not for everyone.

JADO75
20th July 2014, 08:14 AM
Got a mate with a 9.5 played at 9.5 that hits it really well. For shits & giggles he set it on 8 & for whatever reason he now gets a higher ballflight (more carry) that still releases hard when it lands.

Stuartd147
20th July 2014, 03:33 PM
I played an SLDR 9.5* cranked to 11* for 3-4 months (still got it). Went to PPL and they got me in to a AD DI 6 in stiff and it was way better. But it just looked a bit closed at address to me so I got a 12* off JADO and love it. I also have a 913 D3 10.5* with AD DI 6 and went to a recent Titleist demo day to compare them on their Trackman. On well struck shots the SLDR is only bit longer for me, but on a shot low on the face (my usual miss) the SLDR is straighter and I only lose about 20m or so. The 913 feels better though.

Shane788
20th July 2014, 06:23 PM
Got a mate with a 9.5 played at 9.5 that hits it really well. For shits & giggles he set it on 8 & for whatever reason he now gets a higher ballflight (more carry) that still releases hard when it lands.

I had the same experience! Drove it like sh*t and I was 10-20m past where I normal am. If you hear of an 8* forsale hit me up there hard as to find!

backintheswing
20th July 2014, 06:59 PM
I think 6 out of 8 guys in my pennant side were using the Sldr all with the stocko 57g fujikura

Bushka
22nd July 2014, 11:55 AM
I liked it but it's a driver that really requires shaft matching to get the right result. I just cbf jiggling about, but i felt like it wasn't that hard to hit or launch.

3oneday
22nd July 2014, 12:06 PM
Are all the SLDR weighted different too? Like the R1 and R1 black?

I have a mate who hated the first SLDR but really likes the SLDR White? Plays off scratch so not a numby.

Captain Nemo
22nd July 2014, 09:39 PM
There is a difference between the R1 white and black?

wazandnic
22nd July 2014, 09:42 PM
Are all the SLDR weighted different too? Like the R1 and R1 black?

I have a mate who hated the first SLDR but really likes the SLDR White? Plays off scratch so not a numby.

Prob just quality control providing the difference. i.e. different black heads could feel different also.

yoyo
22nd July 2014, 10:22 PM
Hit some Biocell+ and sldr's today.

The sldrs were horrible.

Wenz
23rd July 2014, 10:26 AM
A lot of hate/dislike on these forums for the SLDR.

Are there any people on here that actually love this club? What shaft combo are you using? Settings? etc?

It is by far the best looking TM driver since the R9 Supertri/Superdeep.

I'm playing my 10.5 SLDR with Kai'li 60s @ 45''. Loft set at 10. SLDR weight 2 notches towards fade (direct center of club to produce better stability at impact and faster ballspeeds)

3oneday
23rd July 2014, 10:42 AM
isn't there already 3 or 4 threads on this?

Wenz
23rd July 2014, 10:47 AM
Negative. The "Anyone stuck with the SLDR?" thread is pretty much everyone hating on it not loving.
The main purpose of this thread is to see what combos/settings everyone who owns one is using.

mrbluu
23rd July 2014, 10:53 AM
Negative. The "Anyone stuck with the SLDR?" thread is pretty much everyone hating on it not loving.
The main purpose of this thread is to see what combos/settings everyone who owns one is using.

enough said ;-)

Wenz
23rd July 2014, 10:54 AM
#sldr > #jetspeed

3oneday
23rd July 2014, 11:02 AM
OK, good luck with the thread :)

meh
23rd July 2014, 11:11 AM
Don't know I love it as I have only hit it 5 or 6 times. It definitely launches differently to any other driver I have hit. Will be interesting to see how it goes into the wind.

TheNuclearOne
23rd July 2014, 11:30 AM
isn't there already 3 or 4 threads on this?

There can never be too many TM and Adams threads :D

TheNuclearOne
23rd July 2014, 11:31 AM
Don't know I love it as I have only hit it 5 or 6 times. It definitely launches differently to any other driver I have hit. Will be interesting to see how it goes into the wind.

As long as you have it set up half decent the SLDR is MADE to cut thru the wind.

Johnny Canuck
23rd July 2014, 11:55 AM
Absolutely love my 10.5 SLDR with a V2. Currently have everything set to neutral.

Shane788
23rd July 2014, 01:13 PM
Love my SLDR! 9.5* set on 8* weight on max draw, playing oban kiyoshi purple 65 X at 44.5" and AD DI 6X at 44.5". Hit bombs with both. Currently bidding on an 8* head on ebay.

jocker
23rd July 2014, 02:49 PM
Love mine. 12 degrees with Veylix Alpina 673 stiff at 44.5inch, neutral as. It was horrible for me at 45.5inch, but more centre strikes means more fun with the SLDR.

TheNuclearOne
23rd July 2014, 02:51 PM
Love mine. 12 degrees with Veylix Alpina 673 stiff at 44.5inch, neutral as. It was horrible for me at 45.5inch, but more centre strikes means more fun with the SLDR.

Dude!!!! What's the Alpina like!??!?!?!!?!?!?

jocker
23rd July 2014, 02:56 PM
Dude!!!! What's the Alpina like!??!?!?!!?!?!?

Not sure I am expert enough to answer, but for me the Alpina did not work in the 10.5 degree BioCell, but perfect in the 12 degree SLDR. Again, for me (despite the different lofts) they launch about the same but the spin on the SLDR with the Alpina is low. On windy days it always shocks me how it does not balloon.

TheNuclearOne
23rd July 2014, 02:58 PM
The alpina is more the mid spin shaft of their range too. Anything you could compare it to?

PeteyD
23rd July 2014, 04:36 PM
Some SLDR Threads have been merged in case you were wondering

gazgolf1
23rd July 2014, 06:07 PM
First range sesh with my 12 degree white SLDR and its knocked the Bio Cell Plus outa the bag. I started out with the SLDR in Standard mode and launch was better for me than the Cobra and accurate too, not crazy about the feel of the SLDR but it was just so easy to hit I'll put up with it. I played around with the slider thingy after that and put it into full Draw mode and lofted up and started hitting it even further. Early days yet but I'm impressed, it helped that I was hitting the ball out of the middle of the face unlike the Cobra....LOFT UP bitches.

meh
23rd July 2014, 08:13 PM
First range sesh with my 12 degree white SLDR and its knocked the Bio Cell Plus outa the bag. I started out with the SLDR in Standard mode and launch was better for me than the Cobra and accurate too, not crazy about the feel of the SLDR but it was just so easy to hit I'll put up with it. I played around with the slider thingy after that and put it into full Draw mode and lofted up and started hitting it even further. Early days yet but I'm impressed, it helped that I was hitting the ball out of the middle of the face unlike the Cobra....LOFT UP bitches.

Don't have the wrench to play around with the settings but the 12* I am using at the moment is soooooo good into the wind. About the same downwind as what I have been using but the into the wind (and it has been windy the last two days) it is really good. Feels really good when you flush it (sadly it didn't happen that often) and the mishits felt crappy but results were not terrible. Might try the 10.5 just to see how that goes before I drop the coinage.

meh
23rd July 2014, 08:21 PM
Has anyone weighed their sldr head? Feels quite head heavy, could work well as a shortened driver?

TheNuclearOne
24th July 2014, 01:49 AM
Has anyone weighed their sldr head? Feels quite head heavy, could work well as a shortened driver?

Extremely heavy and absolutely perfect for the shorter build. It almost demands it if putting in an aftermarekt 65-70 odd.

Stuartd147
24th July 2014, 10:23 AM

Mine is 206gm. At standard length of 45.5" was swinging around D5 with a V2 grip, the standard TM grip is pretty heavy. Mine is now cut to 44.75" and plays way better now at D2. Just weighed my 913 D3 and it is around 200gm, they probably expect a heavier shaft to be used. I did get an aftermarket SLDR weight either 8 or 12gm (can't remember which) and cut a shaft to 44" but that did not work for me.

gazgolf1
24th July 2014, 03:30 PM
SLDR is harder to hit then Bio Cell +

Can't agree with this after hitting both, 12 degree SLDR is way easier to hit than the Bio Cell Plus for me. BC+ feels more solid than the SLDR but can't argue with the results.

Wenz
24th July 2014, 03:58 PM
Can't agree with this after hitting both, 12 degree SLDR is way easier to hit than the Bio Cell Plus for me. BC+ feels more solid than the SLDR but can't argue with the results.Interesting. Maybe the white crown graphics got to you. SLDR is very traditional looking head shape.

Shane788
24th July 2014, 04:14 PM
Extremely heavy and absolutely perfect for the shorter build. It almost demands it if putting in an aftermarekt 65-70 odd.

When you say short TNO how short are you talking?

gazgolf1
24th July 2014, 05:34 PM
Maybe the white crown graphics got to you.

Quite possible, BC+ appeared to sit a little shut due to the two colours on the head.

TheNuclearOne
25th July 2014, 02:15 AM
When you say short TNO how short are you talking?

Depends what shaft is used and what length you like to play a driver. I think mine was like D6 at 45 with a 66 gram shaft from memory. Be very good for someone liking their driver at say 44.5".

pauly
25th July 2014, 08:21 AM
my white sldr head with my 60g shaft was d4 at 44.5, way too much swing weight for me :(
i've got a counterbalanced grip here that i might try though haha

pauly
25th July 2014, 11:42 AM
Ok
My three TM heads:
R1 head is 204g
SLDR head (white) is 202g
Jetspeed head is 193g

therefore, the JS head works well with my 60g shaft, and I think the SLDR head needs a 70g shaft
HOWEVER i used to use the 60g shaft in the R1 and it was great, so i've obviously mind-screwed myself by using the superlight JS head

really love to hate this game! hah

pauly
25th July 2014, 11:57 AM
interestingly the adaptors ive been using are 10g, what does the stock adaptor weigh?

pauly
25th July 2014, 12:16 PM
four consecutive posts, but i've figured it out ~!

the blue weight weighs 4g, and the sliding weight beneath it weighs 16g, you need to remove the toe stop at the end to change the 16g to a lighter aftermarket weight, so i'll order one of those~!

edit; just ordered the kit with 2g, 4g, 6g, 8g, and 10g :D

TheNuclearOne
25th July 2014, 01:13 PM

the blue weight weighs 4g, and the sliding weight beneath it weighs 16g, you need to remove the toe stop at the end to change the 16g to a lighter aftermarket weight, so i'll order one of those~!

You'd better link me up, i am concern for you.

meh
25th July 2014, 01:21 PM

How are the pics coming? ;)

Shane788
25th July 2014, 02:06 PM
How much does the sliding weight weigh in total? 20g?

TheNuclearOne
25th July 2014, 02:09 PM
Pretty sure that's it, weight 16, screw and blue cover 4.

Wenz
25th July 2014, 02:47 PM
Retweaking my setup.
10.5 loft standard. 2 clicks to fade. Kai'li 70s playing 44.75''. Swing weight ~D2

gazgolf1
25th July 2014, 05:22 PM
Bit of SLDR porn

TheNuclearOne
25th July 2014, 05:41 PM
Very noice.

Shane788
25th July 2014, 05:49 PM
Bit of SLDR porn

That's Mint! A Guy I play with every week turned up with one last week with a ad bb 6s in it and that was super sexy looking!

pauly
25th July 2014, 06:49 PM
the SLDR-S swing weights at D2 from stock, wonder if that's because of no adaptor

weights for TNO: http://www.billybobsgolf.com/product.php?productid=17842&page=1

TheNuclearOne
25th July 2014, 07:53 PM
the SLDR-S swing weights at D2 from stock, wonder if that's because of no adaptor

weights for TNO: http://www.billybobsgolf.com/product.php?productid=17842&page=1

Great stuff, thanks. I was worried as there are weight kits out with your exact weights that would not have been what you thought. All good, you are set!

FuzzyJuzzy
25th July 2014, 08:08 PM
Bit of SLDR porn

I rex the white SLDR looks pretty sexy, the white and black with hint of blue is the business...

gazgolf1
26th July 2014, 02:41 PM
Second range session this morning and this driver just wants to go straight, wind was in my face today so distance was down, cranked the loft back down to 12 and picked up a few metres but really happy with how accurate it was. I felt like I was swinging good but after videoing a few swings realised I wasn't, half a shoulder turn and really not completing the backswing, will have to work on that, anyway can't wait to take it to the course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdNxfolyh5w&list=UUhvOZxUDldbOud1WZur4p8w

Shane788
26th July 2014, 06:47 PM
Got awesome results today playing the SLDR pretty short.
9.5* SLDR set on 8* playing 44" with a Oban Devotion 75g X tipped 1.25", I was surprised with the results. Wasn't swinging it 100% but it was long, enough for me to be on the search for heavier shafts!

Wenz
27th July 2014, 06:22 PM
Gaz. Your youtube vid is private for me.

Charger
27th July 2014, 06:43 PM
Anyone play the sldr irons?

gazgolf1
27th July 2014, 08:02 PM
Gaz. Your youtube vid is private for me.

Thanks Wenz, fixed now.

Captain Nemo
30th July 2014, 04:42 PM
Bet these guys where all smiles....
http://www.golflink.com.au/news/viral-news/2014/07/sergio-surprises-amateurs-at-bethpage-black/

Wenz
11th August 2014, 10:07 AM
Can some of you guys with SLDR's check something for me.

I just bought an adapter (unknown source). The STD LOFT and UPRT LIE are not directly opposite each other.

TheNuclearOne
11th August 2014, 10:14 AM
Had to go thru a few adapters (there are quite a few models now that fit the same heads) but the one i found they are opposite. Who did you buy off?

pauly
11th August 2014, 10:14 AM
they are on the opposite sides on my non-tp ones, tp ones and aftermarket ones

but the engineering of the actual adaptor isn't as important as it fitting?
i assume if it fits it'll work they've just done it slightly differently?

could be wrong

Wenz
11th August 2014, 10:17 AM
lqclearance from ebay.

3oneday
11th August 2014, 10:43 AM
Always wondered about his stuff, he sells those Innovation grips and I think had some involvement with a driving range once. Not sure where he would source the stuff from though.

Captain Nemo
11th August 2014, 10:49 AM
Tour Issue SLDR heads are they diff, extra weight in toe or something, whats the going rate/what do you think they are worth.... (not ebay rate)?

dowdsy
19th August 2014, 04:11 PM
Can you guys give me some feedback positive or negative on the SLDR, after hitting all the top name drivers at the golf box this one was the most consistent and went further than the others but it just doesn't feel or sound that good or maybe it was the room I was in, what, you guys think?

jocker
19th August 2014, 04:16 PM
Can you guys give me some feedback positive or negative on the SLDR, after hitting all the top name drivers at the golf box this one was the most consistent and went further than the others but it just doesn't feel or sound that good or maybe it was the room I was in, what, you guys think?

It does give a funny 'thwack' sound, but it works if you hit in the middle. If you don't hit it in the middle, it doesn't work so much. I have mine playing at 44.5 inches and it works.

yoyo
19th August 2014, 04:21 PM
I got that same thwack sound from the G30 driver as well

Archi
19th August 2014, 04:34 PM
I got that same thwack sound from the G30 driver as well

and a nice TURBULATOR swish to go with it

so your swing should sound swiiiiiiiiish thwack !

Whats your thoughts on the Ping - looks hot to trot - havent had a ping since my G2 7* bomber

I had a crack with the SLDR at Drummonds one day whilst i was just wasting time , feels good and spin numbers ( so the 12 yr old looking pro told me ) were great
but until my Razr Fit stops crackin it out there I won't be buying anything - Driver anyway - just put an offer in on 3's putter

Johnny Canuck
19th August 2014, 04:49 PM
Straightest driver that I have ever hit. Very low spin.

My distance isn't as big as I believe I have got with others, but I am not 100% sure of my swing at the moment either.

simmsy
19th August 2014, 05:28 PM
U need to loft up

Johnny Canuck
19th August 2014, 05:33 PM
U need to loft up

I have. Not sure I believe in the loft up theory.

Shane788
19th August 2014, 06:39 PM
I have. Not sure I believe in the loft up theory.

I agree, I lofted down, benched the 9.5 SLDR for the 8* that arrived a couple weeks ago and it's 10-15m longer

Johnny Canuck
19th August 2014, 06:41 PM
I agree, I lofted down, benched the 9.5 SLDR for the 8* that arrived a couple weeks ago and it's 10-15m longer

I think I am going to get the 10.5 back down to 9.5 and see how we go.

I get an amazing flight with the 10.5, but it isn't a pleasant surprise when I get to my ball to find it short of where I think it should be.

Shane788
19th August 2014, 06:50 PM

I get an amazing flight with the 10.5, but it isn't a pleasant surprise when I get to my ball to find it short of where I think it should be.

Well that's what I was finding with the 9.5 I played it on standard and it was the straightest driver I've ever hit but kept coming up short and I tried 9 odd shafts in it.
Now with the 8* on standard playing ad bb6x amongst others it's not as straight (swing isn't at 100% lately) but alot longer.
Toying around with 70-80g x shafts playing at 44" over the last few weeks with good results.

gazgolf1
19th August 2014, 07:37 PM

Dont forget about the face angle when you change the loft, I dropped my 12 degree SLDR down to 10.5 and while the flight was fine I was pushing them right, then I realised the face had gone to 3 degrees open, back up to 12 and straight again.
Here's the chart;

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_14084407664929&key=202af8f4ce9f2b881bf497a8a3f5add2&libId=e282e7a1-3007-45cc-a5f7-5d0ee796d330&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.golfwrx.com%2Fforums%2Ftopic% 2F968147-sldr-face-angle-chart%2F&v=1&out=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.maplehillgc.com%2Fshop%2FSLDR _TunningGuide.pdf&ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com.au%2F&reaf=true&title=SLDR%20face%20angle%20chart%3F%3F%3F%20-%20WRX%20Club%20Techs%20-%20GolfWRX&txt=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.maplehill...unningGuide.pdf

Johnny Canuck
19th August 2014, 07:52 PM
Dont forget about the face angle when you change the loft, I dropped my 12 degree SLDR down to 10.5 and while the flight was fine I was pushing them right, then I realised the face had gone to 3 degrees open, back up to 12 and straight again.
Here's the chart;

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_14084407664929&key=202af8f4ce9f2b881bf497a8a3f5add2&libId=e282e7a1-3007-45cc-a5f7-5d0ee796d330&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.golfwrx.com%2Fforums%2Ftopic% 2F968147-sldr-face-angle-chart%2F&v=1&out=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.maplehillgc.com%2Fshop%2FSLDR _TunningGuide.pdf&ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com.au%2F&reaf=true&title=SLDR%20face%20angle%20chart%3F%3F%3F%20-%20WRX%20Club%20Techs%20-%20GolfWRX&txt=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.maplehill...unningGuide.pdf

I find the little SLDR weight actually helps offset the move.

Will have a look at that chart on my computer.

Archi
19th August 2014, 09:24 PM
I find the little SLDR weight actually helps offset the move.

Will have a look at that chart on my computer.

Note to self
Do not try and comprehend that chart after 4 beams !

AlexMc
19th August 2014, 09:51 PM
I reckon I hit mine the same length at 11 degrees compared to 10 degrees but hit more fairways...

pauly
20th August 2014, 09:15 AM
i found that #loftup equals #spinup, the 10.5 on 9 degrees with the SLDR weight @ 8g and right on the heel produced some block/draw bombs but it still just isn't as long as my jetty
it's so purdy with the white head though :(

Wenz
20th August 2014, 05:30 PM
SLDR 10.5 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Black 04 65. THIS THING IS FRICKING AWESOME!
Best feeling driver I've hit, and I've hit a lot......
Very close to TM holy grail numbers. ~16 launch and 1900-2100 spin.

So freaking in love with it. This shaft has completely transformed my driving. Straightened me out, can hit whatever shot is need on demand.

JADO75
20th August 2014, 06:07 PM
Thanks Wenz, I've only had 6 different Sldr heads & have moved them all on but now I'm thinking of grabbing another.

Wenz
20th August 2014, 06:31 PM
Yeah I've been thru some shafts with my SLDR. Hopefully I've found my perfect match. Honeymoon period please last.

JADO75
20th August 2014, 06:37 PM
Anyone want to swap a black bio cell 460 with stiff shaft for a 10.5 sldr?

Wenz
20th August 2014, 06:39 PM
Should just keep the SLDR rather then offloading them so quickly. Ahahah
#hoproblems

Captain Nemo
20th August 2014, 10:12 PM
Anyone got or tried the Tour issue version (toe weight)?

braddles
20th August 2014, 10:21 PM
I have a SLDR 430 10* Jap model that I might sell if the G30 goes well on the weekend. Anyone interested?

JADO75
20th August 2014, 10:30 PM
Anyone got or tried the Tour issue version (toe weight)?

Do you mean toe screw? I've had a tour issue 10.5, to be honest I didn't give it too much of a chance & moved it on, kinda wish I kept it now

Captain Nemo
21st August 2014, 07:11 AM
Yep Jado, that's the one.

FuzzyJuzzy
2nd September 2014, 10:51 AM
Anybody used/using a UST Elements Chrome 6F5T in the SLDR? I'm looking at picking up a 9.5 SLDR (standard version) head and a UST Elements Chrome 6F5T (off different blokes on OG) and giving that combo a bash. There's a bit of good chat about this combo on WRX… . The only shaft I've ever been fitted for in a driver (in a RAZR Fit Xtreme) was a Fubuki Alpha 60 X, so I generally base driver shaftage purchases on shafts with a similar-ish profile… . Cheers, FJ.

Jarro
2nd September 2014, 04:57 PM
After watching Gaz pump his the other day....I think I might have to jump on the SLDR bandwagon pretty soon !!

gazgolf1
3rd September 2014, 12:34 PM
http://www.golfbox.com.au/promotions.html

Just spotted this deal on the Golfbox site (click link scroll down) for anyone looking for an SLDR....Jarro!!! you get a free Ghost putter with your white SLDR. So you use the $100 off discount voucher and then sell the putter for minimum $100 = cheap SLDR.... BOOOM!!

FuzzyJuzzy
3rd September 2014, 12:40 PM
http://www.golfbox.com.au/promotions.html

Just spotted this deal on the Golfbox site (click link scroll down) for anyone looking for an SLDR....Jarro!!! you get a free Ghost putter with your white SLDR. So you use the $100 off discount voucher and then sell the putter for minimum $100 = cheap SLDR.... BOOOM!!

So, assuming you have a $100 GolfBox code and can flog the putter for $100, then that gets you a brand new SLDR for $229. That's some solid business there. Get in quick though as it might soon be raining Ghost putters on OzGolf:).

gazgolf1
3rd September 2014, 01:17 PM
So, assuming you have a $100 GolfBox code and can flog the putter for $100, then that gets you a brand new SLDR for $229.

Thats what I'm thinking.

peter_rs
3rd September 2014, 08:08 PM
Or the tp for just over $300 ;)

FuzzyJuzzy
14th September 2014, 08:08 PM
Is anyone playing their SLDR with the sliding weight right behind the centre of the clubface (which is two notches towards the Fade side)? I read somewhere that by doing that it feels more meaty as you've got more weight behind the ball when you middle it. That's how ive got it set up, but it's too early to tell.

Wenz
14th September 2014, 08:31 PM
Yes i do. I've noticed that having it doesn't do much at all when at the most fade or draw.
Makes sense to have all the weight in the centre of the club. Keeps it stable from twisting on impact.

pauly
14th September 2014, 09:41 PM
i run mine in the center too

though i disagree with wenz, if i put it full draw it hooks like buggery lol or full fade i get blocks :D

Johnny Canuck
15th September 2014, 09:51 AM
Is anyone playing their SLDR with the sliding weight right behind the centre of the clubface (which is two notches towards the Fade side)? I read somewhere that by doing that it feels more meaty as you've got more weight behind the ball when you middle it. That's how ive got it set up, but it's too early to tell.

I have moved mine to the centre and I think it is longer.

I do find that adjusting the weight definitely affects flight.

gumby
16th September 2014, 08:16 PM
i've had mine for probably around 2 months. when i first got it, i kept hitting it out of the heel for some odd reason and i was losing so much distance. felt like giving it away but i stayed with it because i spent so much on it. went to the range and probably hit 70% of my bucket with the sldr. now i'm just in love with it.

i have mine set at 2 clicks on fade because i heard it's a bit of a left machine

Shane788
11th October 2014, 05:23 PM
Not sure if any one here has had the SLDR toe cap come loose as it's only held in with double sided tape, but mine was a little shaky so today I pulled it out, removed tape, drilled a hole (5.5mm bit) and put a tip screw in there with a touch of epoxy, now the sucker won't fall out..
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/10/11/ne7e3ahy.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/10/11/ydyqa8u7.jpg

pauly
11th October 2014, 09:01 PM
i popped mine off, was glued on not taped :O
and there was already a hole that a little screw just screwed on in O_o, it's a white head though?

hoggy33
11th October 2014, 10:10 PM
Thanks for the golfbox offer :)

Shane788
12th October 2014, 01:23 AM
i popped mine off, was glued on not taped :O
and there was already a hole that a little screw just screwed on in O_o, it's a white head though?

That's correct they all have the threaded hole but you have to drill a hole in the cap itself.

gazgolf1
12th October 2014, 07:01 AM
Thanks for the golfbox offer :)

8-)

braddles
12th October 2014, 07:16 AM
So, assuming you have a $100 GolfBox code and can flog the putter for $100, then that gets you a brand new SLDR for $229. That's some solid business there. Get in quick though as it might soon be raining Ghost putters on OzGolf:).

I ordered a SLDR from golf box (normal grey version) - you get a free putter with all the versions of the driver except the S. They also let me use the $179 value from the ghost putter and put it towards an odyssey putter. It worked out at $390 including an Odyssey Tank Cruiser putter!

gumby
12th October 2014, 01:18 PM
will an after market shaft go well with the sldr? atm i have the stock 57 gram stiff with a swing speed of 119mph on drummonds LM and i keep having these random duck hooks when i really go hard for it. is it me or the shaft?

TheNuclearOne
12th October 2014, 01:35 PM
will an after market shaft go well with the sldr? atm i have the stock 57 gram stiff with a swing speed of 119mph on drummonds LM and i keep having these random duck hooks when i really go hard for it. is it me or the shaft?

You've got a fair bit of the tour covered for SS so i think you are going to need a lot lot lot more shaft.

http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loop/2014/08/fact-check-does-tiger-really-h.html

E.G. Last time i checked Tiger was using a Whiteboard 73 in X flex tipped an inch on top of that.

Of course the Drummonds monitor might be a bit juiced LOL. Even so the 57 is weak. You need to flip some x flexes in there and try 'em.

Johnny Canuck
12th October 2014, 05:47 PM

Probably a little of both.

I don't swing as hard as you and use a 76g Xflex aftermarket.

Stock 57g stiff would be like a wet noodle.

hoggy33
12th October 2014, 08:19 PM
I ordered a SLDR from golf box (normal grey version) - you get a free putter with all the versions of the driver except the S. They also let me use the $179 value from the ghost putter and put it towards an odyssey putter. It worked out at $390 including an Odyssey Tank Cruiser putter!

thats kool they let you use the $179
might have to send them a msg

hoggy33
12th October 2014, 08:21 PM
What aftermarket shafts are people using in their SLDR?

AlexMc
12th October 2014, 09:30 PM
I have an AD-DI 7s in at the moment which I like. I've bought an AD-DJ 7x to try in it too...

Hatchman
12th October 2014, 09:43 PM
I used a AD-DI 6s in mine, worked well but Jetspeed is better with same shaft.

Wenz
12th October 2014, 09:48 PM
Kai'li 60s
Kai'li 70s
Oban kiyoshi black

Shane788
12th October 2014, 10:16 PM
Kiyoshi purple
Kiyoshi white
Ad di 6x
Ad bb 6x
Best of my bunch

Johnny Canuck
12th October 2014, 10:27 PM
V2 for me. Blueboard is nice also.

Didn't like the ADDI 6x as much.

gumby
13th October 2014, 08:15 AM
Kiyoshi purple
Kiyoshi white
Ad di 6x
Ad bb 6x
Best of the bunch

how much do these shafts usually cost?

FuzzyJuzzy
13th October 2014, 09:37 AM
I've got a bunch of shafts that I'm playing around with in my SLDR heads:
Red Tie 6Q3
Axivcore Tour Red S
UST Elements Chrome 6F5T
Fuji Fuel 60 X
HOF ProtoLite 70 X

The Red Tie and Axivcore probably feel best for so far, but I haven't given them all a fair crack just yet. The Axivcore is counter-balanced, and feels quite different to the rest of them.

FuzzyJuzzy
13th October 2014, 09:40 AM
I've got a bunch of shafts that I'm playing around with in my SLDR heads:
Red Tie 6Q3
Axivcore Tour Red S
UST Elements Chrome 6F5T
Fuji Fuel 60 X
HOF ProtoLite 70 X

The Red Tie and Axivcore probably feel best for so far, but I haven't given them all a fair crack just yet. The Axivcore is counter-balanced, and feels quite different to the rest of them.

Shane788
13th October 2014, 11:32 AM
how much do these shafts usually cost?

Kiyoshi's - $180-$230 odd
Ad di $150 odd
Ad bb $150-$180

pauly
13th October 2014, 12:11 PM
no idea where you're getting tour ad's for $180 when they're close to that in USD wholesale if you're selling them at $150 brand new i'll take them pls

JADO75
13th October 2014, 12:40 PM
It's not hard to pick up an AD pull for $180

Shane788
13th October 2014, 10:20 PM
no idea where you're getting tour ad's for $180 when they're close to that in USD wholesale if you're selling them at $150 brand new i'll take them pls

BBs are a bit more, I paid I think $180 posted for my BB6x, but DI's you pick up Cheap, I have paid as low as $130 For a DI6 and Highest was $150 posted.

Shane788
13th October 2014, 10:26 PM
We're not talking new, that's just silly.

KristianJ
28th October 2014, 05:56 PM
Anyone tried the SLDR fairway woods with any degree of success?

Croydo
29th October 2014, 10:25 AM
KJ, I've just sent you a pm, I've got a mint one I'm looking to move on. I bought a tour issue ilima shaft for my stage 2hl and am hitting it too well for me to give the SLDR fairway a chance.

Shane788
29th October 2014, 12:09 PM
What loft is the one you have Croydo?

Croydo
29th October 2014, 06:51 PM
15 degree

oncewasagolfer
29th October 2014, 06:58 PM
Played with an old guy using a sldr last week he was lucky to hit it 10 foot in the air. Whoever fitted him into that is an idiot.

KristianJ
29th October 2014, 07:03 PM
KJ, I've just sent you a pm, I've got a mint one I'm looking to move on. I bought a tour issue ilima shaft for my stage 2hl and am hitting it too well for me to give the SLDR fairway a chance.

Given that I'm fixated with my Stage 2, I think your advice means I should keep with it. :)

icandy
31st October 2014, 12:16 PM
Yup, I was doing the same thing, just recently got fitted with Oban Kiboshi Purple at Pure Performance Gold Labs and got amazing results, a lot more distance and consistency. Waiting for it to arrive.
See results below. White circles were my old SLDR with stock shaft was all over the place. Light blue is SLDR with new shaft. yellow is my old R11, purple is my 14 SLDR MiniDriver TP. The first 3 shots were mishits.

JADO75
31st October 2014, 09:57 PM
Surprise surprise another Oban shaft fit at Pure

Hatchman
1st November 2014, 06:45 PM
Got the old SLDR 460 out and shoved the recently acquired ADDI 7s in it today.
It was blowing it's gut out there today not making it easy. Bit hard to get much of an indicator for how it went due to conditions bit it did feel ok.

gumby
2nd November 2014, 01:30 PM
Yup, I was doing the same thing, just recently got fitted with Oban Kiboshi Purple at Pure Performance Gold Labs and got amazing results, a lot more distance and consistency. Waiting for it to arrive.
See results below. White circles were my old SLDR with stock shaft was all over the place. Light blue is SLDR with new shaft. yellow is my old R11, purple is my 14 SLDR MiniDriver TP. The first 3 shots were mishits.

how much damage was the shaft?

braddles
7th November 2014, 07:24 PM
Just added a 6g weight to my SLDR which makes it D2.5 with a Tour Spec 6.2. The head now weighs 192g. It looks like a Tour Issue club now with the toe screw.

dazza99
13th November 2014, 05:37 PM
Took my recently required (off Stu) 9.5deg SLDR down the range today and compared with my 3 other drivers.
Its got the stock 57g stiff shaft in it. My usual driver is an 8.5deg Ben Hogan stiff shaft. I shouldn't be able to hit an 8.5deg with my limited skills and slow swing, but for some reason it just works for me. When playing well its usually straight but short (max 200m drives for me). I've tried various drivers with regular shafts to try to gain a few extra meters. I just seem to be all over the place with them for no gain.

Anyway I tried the SLDR at all loft positions from 8 - 11 and then varying draw/fade positions for each. Some of the settings were giving some seriously bad results. But when I got it adjusted (probably within my range), I was getting a few extra meters compared to my old faithful. I seemed to have more success with lower loft settings, bit against the grain of most peoples experiences.

But when i just set it to the Std 9.5deg and weight centred behind the face (as suggested earlier in the thread) it just kept on going real straight. I hardly hit anything poorly. I can be quite inconsistent with my driver. Some draw, some fade/slice etc. I was hitting a lot more just straight down the fairway and pretty long for me. Means I'm really looking forward to giving it a whirl round the course :)

Btw - I switched a few times during the session between each of my drivers to try to ensure I wasn't just flushing them for a while. Kept coming back to the SLDR and hitting it straight. Hopefully happy days.

Rodent
14th November 2014, 02:45 PM
Took my recently acquired SLDR (thanks to Fuzzy Juzzy) out for a spin this morning. I played a short course (par 61) and only used it 3 times. 2 intentional fades and 1 intentional draw for 2 fairways at good distance and 1 near miss. Pretty happy so far and long may the honeymoon period last!

dazza99
14th November 2014, 05:34 PM
Took my recently acquired SLDR (thanks to Fuzzy Juzzy)

:wink:

Touche. I didn't notice my faux pas :)

JADO75
14th November 2014, 05:58 PM
You got it right the first time Dazza as you "needed" the SLDR not just wanted it.

FuzzyJuzzy
14th November 2014, 07:27 PM
Took my recently acquired SLDR (thanks to Fuzzy Juzzy) out for a spin this morning. I played a short course (par 61) and only used it 3 times. 2 intentional fades and 1 intentional draw for 2 fairways at good distance and 1 near miss. Pretty happy so far and long may the honeymoon period last!l

Good stuff mate. Hope it keeps giving you joy.

dazza99
14th November 2014, 09:58 PM
You got it right the first time Dazza as you "needed" the SLDR not just wanted it.

:) :)

Thanks Jado :)

Yeah, I was right all along...

Rodent
21st November 2014, 07:02 AM
Used 8 times for 8 fairways en route to a par round, I'm liking this club. Not quite as long as my R1 but much easier to control.

Hatchman
21st November 2014, 09:39 AM
Used 8 times for 8 fairways en route to a par round, I'm liking this club. Not quite as long as my R1 but much easier to control.

That's a great result. If I ever get a fairways hit strike rate of 100% I will make a mess in the front of my pants.

Interesting that you mention easier to control than the R1?
Was the same shaft used in both clubs?

FuzzyJuzzy
21st November 2014, 10:06 AM

Glad it's working out for you mate - great result. Looks like a win for all - my 915s (which the sale of this SLDR to you helped fund) are going nuts as well. Awesomeness:).

Rodent
21st November 2014, 12:01 PM
That's a great result. If I ever get a fairways hit strike rate of 100% I will make a mess in the front of my pants.

Interesting that you mention easier to control than the R1?
Was the same shaft used in both clubs?
Tried the R1 head on the red tie that came with my SLDR but was too heavy. R1 with stock shaft goes long for me but hard to control. SLDR head is lighter than the R1 but on the red tie although still heavy, is managable. No doubt my swing speed is down but much more stable with the heavier set up.

talbo
21st November 2014, 12:23 PM

LOL! Do you want to borrow a Titty head and the DI6x. That'll find you the fairways!

Hatchman
21st November 2014, 01:50 PM
LOL! Do you want to borrow a Titty head and the DI6x. That'll find you the fairways!

Funny enough I have have 910 D3 9.5° that I like a real lot. Stopped using it at the end of 2013 chasing more length.
2014 my game has been garbage and I'm hitting it all over the place so it's difficult to get a handle on what a particular driver shaft combo is like atm.

Shaft for shaft, loft for loft I hit the SLDR higher then the Jetspeed and when I nut one the Jetty is longer.

Wenz
21st November 2014, 02:13 PM
What about the TRPX hatchy? How's that going?

golfbound
21st November 2014, 02:40 PM
Just got my new SLDR delivered from Cool Clubs today can't wait to try it out, got it fitted with the GD ADDI6x

Hatchman
21st November 2014, 05:09 PM
What about the TRPX hatchy? How's that going?

It's a great club just too high a ball flight for my defective swing. I need to work on my AoA.
Jetty is long thou.

lmanion
21st November 2014, 09:01 PM
Looks like I will have my SLDR driver in play for the first time in a comp round. In other news I think the shaft in my Alpha is coming out of its adapter :(

Hatchman
26th January 2015, 07:07 PM
I've been swapping and changing shafts and drivers over the last dozen games from SLDR with ADDI 6s and ADDI 7s and same shafts in the Jetspeed head plus the odd game with the TRPX in between.

Had a bit of a shoot out with the Jetspeed with ADDI 7s and SLDR with ADDI 6s before Xmas . Both heads played at 9.5. The 7s has been tipped and played at 43 7/8" v 6s playing at 45" un-tipped. The SLDR combo was a bit longer and straighter on the day which surprised. I put it down to the length of the shaft more than anything else.

As part of the ongoing recent experiments I've being going heavier weight shafts. A UST Axivcore Tour Black 89s was glued up with a SLDR tip. In the Jetty it increased the swing weight from C8 with ADDI 7s to D3. The combo was good in all areas of launch/ dispersion and length. Put the same shaft in the SLDR and it lifted the swing weight up to D8. This combo felt easy to hit and control and I was less prone to throw it from the top which is a common fault resulting in block cuts or snap hooks.

Looking forward to gaming the heavy SLDR again. Would even like to try it at a heavier swing weight to see where the tipping point is where it gets harder to hit.

backintheswing
27th January 2015, 07:46 PM
I think I may have finally solved the SLDR 430 dilemma.

Today I was working at Emerald and went for a leisurely 9 holes after work. Was giving the tour issue 10.5* another go. I jacked the loft to 11.5 and smoked 2 drives down the first. Very nice mid-high flight compared to when I played it at 9.5. I moved the wheelie bin a bit on each tee so as I could laser back to the tee. Both were within a couple of metres and it was 260m back to the bin, no wind, maybe 10m of run after all the rain.

This continued for the 9 holes I played. It's like the bastard has come to life.

I am used to playing drivers at 8*, so to play one at 11.5* seems ridiculous, but these are low launch/spin heads. Will know for sure when I get back on my home course, but all I can say is "bring on lefty in the un civil war".

Was using a kiyoshi purple and sw is d4 at 45".

benno_r
27th January 2015, 07:53 PM
I think I may have finally solved the SLDR 430 dilemma.

Today I was working at Emerald and went for a leisurely 9 holes after work. Was giving the tour issue 10.5* another go. I jacked the loft to 11.5 and smoked 2 drives down the first. Very nice mid-high flight compared to when I played it at 9.5. I moved the wheelie bin a bit on each tee so as I could laser back to the tee. Both were within a couple of metres and it was 260m back to the bin, no wind, maybe 10m of run after all the rain.

This continued for the 9 holes I played. It's like the bastard has come to life.

I am used to playing drivers at 8*, so to play one at 11.5* seems ridiculous, but these are low launch/spin heads. Will know for sure when I get back on my home course, but all I can say is "bring on lefty in the un civil war".

Was using a kiyoshi purple and sw is d4 at 45".

That's why you got to pay attention to the marketing propaganda.

Had a couple of mates who found the same thing. Normally @ 8.5, jack it to 11.5 and boom. Take me about 8 rounds to convince one of them to try it though.

Was it the JDM, or tour issue?

backintheswing
27th January 2015, 07:53 PM
Tour issue, don't like the black face

mrbluu
27th January 2015, 07:55 PM
That's why you got to pay attention to the marketing propaganda.

Had a couple of mates who found the same thing. Normally @ 8.5, jack it to 11.5 and boom. Take me about 8 rounds to convince one of them to try it though.

Was it the JDM, or tour issue?
I lofted mine up and it looked terrible and the results weren't too better.

benno_r
27th January 2015, 07:56 PM
I lofted mine up and it looked terrible and the results weren't too better.

The jetty is a bit different though.

backintheswing
27th January 2015, 08:03 PM
The tour issue head is probably 3* open anyway, so lofting up and closing the face is probably not an issue.

JADO75
27th January 2015, 08:08 PM
Bingo amigo! Loft up brotha! I've been hitting my 10.5 very well but after talking with a mate this arvo we both agreed that I may be able to buy some distance with a 12*. Prior to all this low cg stuff I always used 8-8.5* drivers, definitely a different feeling & takes some getting used too seeing so much clubface at address.

benno_r
27th January 2015, 08:14 PM
Bingo amigo! Loft up brotha! I've been hitting my 10.5 very well but after talking with a mate this arvo we both agreed that I may be able to buy some distance with a 12*. Prior to all this low cg stuff I always used 8-8.5* drivers, definitely a different feeling & takes some getting used too seeing so much clubface at address.

So if I play 11.5-12 in my covert and Bio Cell. What would I go???

backintheswing
27th January 2015, 08:22 PM
12* 460 tour issue jacked up to 14*??????

JADO75
27th January 2015, 08:24 PM
Covert tour & Bio+ would be pretty similar, I played both those on 10.5-11, if I needed a little more launch I'd choose an appropriate shaft.

benno_r
27th January 2015, 08:52 PM
Covert tour & Bio+ would be pretty similar, I played both those on 10.5-11, if I needed a little more launch I'd choose an appropriate shaft.

I am talking stock Covert 2.0, and Ladies Bio Cell. Both the "spinny" versions!

This is all hypothetical though. I like forgiveness and a nice feel off the face. Something TM drivers struggle with (IMHO).

Hatchman
27th January 2015, 09:34 PM
I'm the freak the goes against the trends, loft up and light shafts :roll:
I've had to loft down to 9.5 on my 10.5 SLDR 460 and put in a big heavy fatty to get the best results.

Shane788
7th February 2015, 01:39 PM
Just Played my usual SLDR 8* on standard, weight on draw, with an aldila rogue 110 msi 60g, what a beast! Best combo I have hit with it yet. Only glued it last night and walked straight to first tee, didn't miss a fairway and was long too, great shaft.

davidw88
7th February 2015, 03:57 PM
Anyone cracked there head on these, mate I play with's driver seems to have gone to shit, hit it and it just goes no where but can't see any noticeable cracks.

Shane788
7th February 2015, 04:18 PM
Never heard of a cracked SLDR but I have cracked an rbz ages ago.

davidw88
7th February 2015, 05:02 PM
He gives it a good wack and couldn't get his normal flight, I had a hit of it and it just fell out of the sky. I had one before and didn't have that problem.

JADO75
7th February 2015, 06:10 PM
Same shaft?

Hatchman
7th February 2015, 06:17 PM
He gives it a good wack and couldn't get his normal flight, I had a hit of it and it just fell out of the sky. I had one before and didn't have that problem.

It should be singing a different sound if it has a crack/split in it.
On of the women at the club I play one day had a head of a different make change tune during the round. I thought straight away it had cracked. Couldn't see one but a few more hits it became evident.

While in the topic of SLDR's, I drove mine like a busted ahole today. What was so sweet with the big fatty shaft last round out was very bitter today. Big bock cut or pull draws all day. If I was fickle this would be in the Pro shop. I'm telling myself I got all the crap out of the way today before I play at Grange on Friday where I tend to hit it like a busted every time I play there.

highballin
7th February 2015, 06:59 PM
It should be singing a different sound if it has a crack/split in it.
On of the women at the club I play one day had a head of a different make change tune during the round. I thought straight away it had cracked. Couldn't see one but a few more hits it became evident.

While in the topic of SLDR's, I drove mine like a busted ahole today. What was so sweet with the big fatty shaft last round out was very bitter today. Big bock cut or pull draws all day. If I was fickle this would be in the Pro shop. I'm telling myself I got all the crap out of the way today before I play at Grange on Friday where I tend to hit it like a busted every time I play there.

Get the Jetspeed out for Friday Hatch

davidw88
7th February 2015, 08:05 PM
Same shaft?
Yeah, tried it with 2 different shafts.

Johnny Canuck
7th February 2015, 10:56 PM
I'm the freak the goes against the trends, loft up and light shafts :roll:
I've had to loft down to 9.5 on my 10.5 SLDR 460 and put in a big heavy fatty to get the best results.

SLDR 460 + V2 76x = Boom Town.

JADO75
7th February 2015, 11:47 PM
Gamed the Cally Double Diamond With Speeder 565 today, too early to tell if it will topple the SLDR but it's definitely a beauty. Miss hit a few out of the toe today but still got some more than decent results, don't think that would have happened with the SLDR.

meh
16th February 2015, 11:45 AM
How much difference is there in forgiveness between the 430 and 460?

Hatchman
16th February 2015, 02:12 PM

To be honest I couldn't tell any difference in forgiveness with the JDM 430 and 460.
The only difference was launch and flight. 430 was noticeably lower.

braddles
16th February 2015, 04:03 PM

I haven't noticed much difference in forgiveness - I actually think the 430 is easier to hit. I love the flight from the 430 - it is also probably the straightest driver I have hit (equal to Titleist D2).

JADO75
24th February 2015, 12:30 AM
Looks like my 10.5 SLDR's face is just about to cave in, should I try & let Taylormade know?

Wenz
24th February 2015, 09:27 AM
Post a pic. Would love to see!

talbo
24th February 2015, 10:43 AM
Looks like my 10.5 SLDR's face is just about to cave in, should I try & let Taylormade know?

They should replace it no problem. Titty replaced my cracked head no questions asked.

JADO75
24th February 2015, 11:18 AM
Even if I got it on Ozgolf & I don't have a receipt? It'd be nice to score a 430 R15 for nix

backintheswing
24th February 2015, 12:22 PM
Back in the day, I caved a burner 07 tp face. Received a brand spanking R9 TP through the Oxley Pro shop. It was pre OZgolf and i did it the old fashioned way. The pro called the rep and I had a new driver in a day.

talbo
24th February 2015, 12:52 PM
Even if I got it on Ozgolf & I don't have a receipt? It'd be nice to score a 430 R15 for nix

I bought my 913D2 ex-demo from a pro shop and drummond sent the head (with an original factory shaft) to Titleist for me to get the replacement with no receipt. Apparently any Titleist stockist could've done it for me. Certainly worth trying mate

Jarro
24th February 2015, 03:21 PM
So what's the general consensus people .... better than the R15 ?

perci
27th February 2015, 06:52 AM
I may have a brand new 10.5* Tour Issue 460 Head to move if anyone is interested!

meh
1st March 2015, 07:09 AM
I may have a brand new 10.5* Tour Issue 460 Head to move if anyone is interested!

How muchie?

JADO75
1st March 2015, 08:43 AM
Yep, how much please?

Jarro
1st March 2015, 08:46 AM
Yep, how much please?

How muchie?

What they said.

backintheswing
1st March 2015, 09:20 AM
I'll guess at $250

perci
1st March 2015, 11:06 AM
$200 + Postage!

backintheswing
1st March 2015, 11:09 AM
$200 + Postage!

Jump on that guys. That's cheap as.

Johnny Canuck
1st March 2015, 12:12 PM
Best driver ever.

TheNuclearOne
1st March 2015, 12:19 PM
Best driver ever.

Don't forget the hybrid ;)

Johnny Canuck
1st March 2015, 12:25 PM
Don't forget the hybrid ;)

Nothing is better than an Adams Idea Pro.

TheNuclearOne
1st March 2015, 01:22 PM
Maybe for a flusher like yourself, but SLDR kills it for me :D

JADO75
1st March 2015, 02:42 PM
915 hybrid is a cracker too

Johnny Canuck
1st March 2015, 03:42 PM
Maybe for a flusher like yourself, but SLDR kills it for me :D

How does the SLDR compare with the RBZ Stage 2 hybrid? I didn't like that at all?

TheNuclearOne
1st March 2015, 03:55 PM
How does the SLDR compare with the RBZ Stage 2 hybrid? I didn't like that at all?

I hit the Stage 2 tour hybrid once (upgraded shaft) and shunted it as fast as i could. The SLDR kicked out a very good RBZ Tour/Fubuki combo and continues to edge out that and a Cally X2 Hot 19*/Diamana combo (awesome). I'm trialling an XTD TI/HQ3 combo at the moment which is also very very good.

I'd be shocked if you didn't like the SLDR, but the stock non TP shaft was all kinds of shyte. Next time i'm in WA i'll give you a hit of it :D

hoggy33
1st March 2015, 08:04 PM
$200 + Postage! Good price what is the difference between tour issue and standard head?

mrbluu
1st March 2015, 08:19 PM
The SLDR is a heavier head and more solid feel. I liked the SLDR with the stock tp speeder shaft but it went a fraction too high. I tried it with my ozik matrix shafts and the swing weights were way out cos of the heavier head. Over all I didn't feel it was better than my I RBZ stage 2 tour hybrids so I sold them.

Godscountry
5th March 2015, 04:19 PM
Here's a driver combo I bet nobody else has...Sldr S 12 degree with grafalloy platinum x flex 75 grams. Boom town!

hoggy33
5th March 2015, 09:43 PM
Nope can't say I do, I'm planning to change the stock speeder for a project x graphite

JADO75
5th March 2015, 09:52 PM
Got a 12* with bunches of other shafts, also have a 9.5 & 2 x 10.5's

Ferrins
5th March 2015, 10:44 PM
There is what looks like to me a fake mini driver with Tour Ad shaft for <$150 on Gumtree Brisbane

icandy
7th March 2015, 03:29 PM
There is what looks like to me a fake mini driver with Tour Ad shaft for <$150 on Gumtree Brisbane
Link? I wanna seee it.

Bye bye SLDR, hello R15

JADO75
7th March 2015, 08:17 PM
I've got an R15 460 9.5* head in white that I'm moving

JADO75
7th March 2015, 08:27 PM
Used my SLDR 10.5/AD BB today, haven't used it for my last three rounds & I've no idea (well I do, I'm an equipment whore) why I try anything else? Sure there are more forgiving heads out there but I middle it most of the time & it's a friggn rocket ship.

Poults
6th April 2015, 09:31 PM
Bio cell+ fitted with a matrix ozik tp6hd is the go

Hatchman
6th April 2015, 11:23 PM

Put that in the Cobra Bio Cell thread then. This is the SLDR thread.

Captain Nemo
7th April 2015, 08:51 AM

:smt017

Tigerblood
7th April 2015, 09:42 AM
I got the SLDR S from Golfbox after being fitted for it by Pure Form.

Instantly 20 mtrs longer than my covert 2.0, lower ball flight (I used to balloon the covert) and much less spin.
Couldn't be happier

mrbluu
7th April 2015, 09:43 AM

Instantly 20 mtrs longer than my covert 2.0, lower ball flight (I used to balloon the covert) and much less spin.
Couldn't be happier
Should this be in the SLDR S thread [emoji12]

JADO75
11th April 2015, 06:57 PM

Couldn't be happier

2.0 performance? Shit stock shaft? If yes I'm not surprised the SLDR is plenty lower & longer

JADO75
11th April 2015, 07:31 PM
Played two rounds today, first up I used my R15 430 10.5/7m3 combo for the first time & while there were some solid drives it left me feeling a little empty. Swing was off a fair bit & I got some good results from crap swings but it's not a combo I'll revisit unless I maybe shorten the 7m3.
2nd round I went back to my SLDR 10.5/ad bb & while the first couple of drives were pull hooks I readjusted & went straight back to Boomtown. Still no denying very bad swings get the results they deserve but for mine it's the best driver I've ever hit when nutted.
I've got a JDM 430 11* head, 10.5* tour head & a retail 12* that I need to do some testing with & while SLDR's aren't everyone's cup of tea, it's fair to say I'm a SLDR fanboi

Tigerblood
11th April 2015, 07:42 PM
2.0 performance? Shit stock shaft? If yes I'm not surprised the SLDR is plenty lower & longer

Yep Covert was just the stock stiff.

I was recommended the Accra Dymatch to go with the SLDR but the stock shaft is going great guns I'm in no rush to replace it.

I think I averaged about 220 with the Covert and now I'm averaging about 250 with flush ones going about 270.

Even had one drive, if your familiar with the The National Moonah course, fourth hole, down hill, slight down breeze, 300mtrs! Couldn't believe it.

Hatchman
12th April 2015, 01:10 PM
So, is the R15 an improvement on the first SLDR?

benno_r
12th April 2015, 02:17 PM
So, is the R15 an improvement on the first SLDR?
If you are a chopper, mega yes. If you are a flusher, maybe.