PDA

View Full Version : Pro V1 Black

McMw
23rd February 2006, 09:54 PM
just wondering if anyone else who's used the normal ProV1 (don't really matter which year) finds it a bit soft???

the ball tends to bite pretty quickly (nothing wrong with that I Spose) but I'm not used to that kind of reaction...
and I'm defn not used to the soft feel off the clubhead/putter...

I've used the X more so this past few weeks (until I lost all of them - win some lose some)...and they defn felt better...more like the hybrid balls I'm used to (AD333 / DTEC / etc)...

is there really that much difference btw the normal V1 and the V1X???

markTHEblake
23rd February 2006, 10:44 PM
heaps. the black for girls like me, the X for the big hairy ape man types

McMw
24th February 2006, 02:44 AM
Hensby obviously has a problem with ProVs too... :lol:

Jarro
24th February 2006, 06:11 AM
i like the V's, and even though i don't swing anywhere near as quick as the recommended speed required to get the best out of them, i still find the X goes much better for me.

Grunt
24th February 2006, 07:10 AM
I played with one on Minday for hte first time I to did not like the feel of the putter - too soft, I felt as if I had to hit the ball way too hard.

Fishman Dan
24th February 2006, 07:45 AM
I bought a dozen pre-loved, and i'm a fan. I've had X's before, and can now finally compare with the Pro V1's.

I like the feel of them, and also found that they check very hard around the greens. I've come off a box of HX Tours, and the difference is huge - i could never make the HX's check and roll like i can with these. It means i can use my 8-iron for run shots and the ball will still check hard before rolling.

Two thumbs up from me.

Also a vote for pre-loved. $41 from House of Golf for a dozen and you wouldn't know any different.

AndyP
24th February 2006, 08:29 AM
I've only used them a few times (I've got a dozen sitting around still), so can't comment on performance, but I find them to have a very soft feel relative to any other ball I've used. I have found it very hard to get used to.

Matt 3 Jab
24th February 2006, 08:32 AM
I like both the normal V1 and the V1x, x i like more, because it doesnt spin as much, but still spins enough for waht i want it to do.
Fell of the x is better for me, i like to feel where i hit it on the clubs, so a harder ball is good for that.

BrisVegas
24th February 2006, 08:58 AM
I recently inherited a box of ProV1x's and i have to say I much prefer the feel of them over the regular V1's. They still stop plenty quick enough around the greens, but feel more "resilient" off driver. I bought some refurb ProV1's at the Champs and they were sh!te. Pre-loved or AAA for me from now on...

Stoney
24th February 2006, 11:57 AM
I have used nothing but Pro V1 since they were released.

Started using the X's when they were released and find different dimple pattern excellent for playing in the wind.

They are definitely firmer than the Standard Pro V but not enough to reduce the stopping performance.

Grunt
24th February 2006, 12:08 PM
Honest answers please, Would I benefit from using Pro V's?
Heard alot of you lower handicap players praise them, but would I a 20 marker on the way down gain from them or should I wait until I start to get closer to low teens?

BrisVegas
24th February 2006, 12:19 PM
Grant, It all depends on what you can afford i guess. The regular ProV1 is a ball that will make a difference to everyone. You could buy them used from squizzy's or elsewhere and have a reasonably cost-efficient solution. If i have to buy golf balls, I tend to get Precept Laddies as they're cheap and 90% as good as the ProV1's. Keep an eye out for sales, but balls like UTRI-Tours, HX-Tours, Hogans, Srixons Z-URS are all good too. Laddies are good enough for me though.

Grunt
24th February 2006, 12:20 PM
I am using either U-Tri Ext Distance or Optima TS Tour at the moment. Squizzy is a great dealer isn't he?

connico
24th February 2006, 04:16 PM
Iv been using a 2core ball as im around about the 20 mark, we wont know till i get my hc which should be this week...regardless the reason why i use a 2 core ball is i rely on chips and runs to get on the green, instead of a drop and stop play...

On the tee i prefer a 2core because it gives me more distance, has a lower and more controlled flight than a soft core ball...i can get the same distance or a little bit more as the drives will have way less spin on the ball thus reducing the spin and thur reducing how pronounced the hooks and slices are..keeping me close to the fairway...

im not an excellent ball striker as yet but im trying out blades as i prefer small heads..im told i use be using high spin rate balls with the clubs but well see..