PDA

View Full Version : Scotty Cameron futura x

Collis
9th July 2014, 07:47 PM
Just wondering best place to find one of these? Anywhere in australia stock these?
If not anywhere in the US?

Cheers

Shane788
9th July 2014, 07:50 PM
I got mine from a pro shop at noosa, they had a fair few and sold the demos heaps cheaper.

Collis
9th July 2014, 07:51 PM
What are your thoughts on it shane?

talbo
9th July 2014, 10:01 PM
Pretty sure I've seen them at drummond

Shane788
10th July 2014, 04:46 AM
What are your thoughts on it shane?

Mine is the dual balanced futura x and it's not going anywhere, putting is my strength now. Anything inside 10-12feet feels almost automatic. It took a while to get used to on longer lag putts but once that's dialed in its a real performer.
I went from a del mar which I struggled with to a golo which I struggled with until I counter balanced it myself then that was when I decided to buy the proper thing.
Put a Superstroke 3.0 17" on it last week and it has improved again.

AlexMc
10th July 2014, 05:29 AM
Had the 38" Dual Balance - hated it. Had no feeling from the face of the putter, didn't get that "automatic" feeling at all.

Ended up putting Tour Lock Pro weights (100 grams) in my Golo N7 and putt much better with that. I have a Superstroke grip on mine as well (1.0).

benno_r
10th July 2014, 07:11 AM
I have had the Dual Balance as well, with both the std grip and a Superstroke, and I couldn't get on with it at all. Like most Camerons, I hated the feel off the face, and I found it difficult to get a nice straight through stroke on it.

I sold it to RQ, and he is loving it by all accounts - different strokes for different folks i guess.

Captain Nemo
10th July 2014, 08:34 AM
If you want to trial one, im happy to send mine down to you.... 33" custom 2* flat.