PDA

View Full Version : Nett Club Champ

Grunt
23rd February 2006, 10:07 AM
In the post about raven iron's I noticed that McMw posted about his club's nett Club Champion. Is this a prize at most clubs?

Just wondering as our club had minor prizes ($30 voucher in club) in the championships for nett winners in each grade. After looking at the other grade results I found out I was the overall Nett winner with 2 under nett. A grade nett winner +3 and B grade nett winner was +8.

If it is a Prize for most other clubs I would love to suggest it at my club but would have to wait until the champs are nearly here this year because if I do it too early, it would look as if I am feathering my own nest.

3oneday
23rd February 2006, 10:11 AM
Nett in the champs for all clubs I have played at is second only in importance to the scratch winner.

Pete

AndyP
23rd February 2006, 10:14 AM
I don't know if there is an overall nett club champion across all grades at my club. It's never been something that concerns me, as I haven't put a good performance in yet at my champs.

Grunt
23rd February 2006, 10:17 AM
I realise Scratch is the main winner and I had never heard of Nett getting anything other than what I did get a prize for C grade nett winner. Just wondering if I was not knowing what other clubs do have as listed champions.

amanda
23rd February 2006, 10:31 AM
I was net club champ across all grades in 2004 - all I got was a mention in the paper - no trophy or voucher.

Grunt
23rd February 2006, 10:34 AM
OK thanks all, will just think of it as a personal triumph, nothing more and hopefully have a higher prize in the future as my biggest moment in golf.

markTHEblake
23rd February 2006, 11:36 AM
grunt, i have never heard of this NOT being an event at the club championships. However I have never seen it on an honour board.

McMw
23rd February 2006, 12:29 PM
In the post about raven iron's I noticed that McMw posted about his club's nett Club Champion. Is this a prize at most clubs?

Just wondering as our club had minor prizes ($30 voucher in club) in the championships for nett winners in each grade. After looking at the other grade results I found out I was the overall Nett winner with 2 under nett. A grade nett winner +3 and B grade nett winner was +8.

If it is a Prize for most other clubs I would love to suggest it at my club but would have to wait until the champs are nearly here this year because if I do it too early, it would look as if I am feathering my own nest.

for the nett - based on 2 best scores from 4MMs played middle of the year...
top 32 players get thru to play matchplay...

for the gross, top 16 players qualify for the the matchplay...

goughy
23rd February 2006, 08:06 PM
I think it's a big deal at our club. It's not on the honour board but I think only the overall gross champ is on the board. But I'm sure Nett champ in each grade is worth something. And usually something decent too.

You're talking about the clubs number one major event of the year. Seems odd that they can't come up with 4 or 5 prizes for it.

AndyP
23rd February 2006, 09:00 PM
goughy, I believe the issue is whether the club has an overall nett champ prize, not just the grade champs.

goughy
23rd February 2006, 09:24 PM
You should know I don't read things properly.

AndyP
23rd February 2006, 09:29 PM
If you read them at all.

jimandr
24th February 2006, 11:17 PM
When I was at Rosnay I was the nett leader after three rounds, but the only reason I knew this is that I spent some time looking at the score board and making calculations. You got a prize for each 18 hole day score, but absolutely nothing for overall.

Camden Valley isn't quite this extreme, but I believe there is no 'overall' prize. There is a nett prize in each grade, but it isn't recognised on an honour board.

Bottom Line is that club championships are stroke events off the stick for elite players in each grade. Hardly anybody cares about handicaps.

Grant, in my view, considering your other problems at Mac Grange, don't waste your breath making any suggestions for prizes that may not be won by the owner or his sons.