PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Ozgolf Champs 24-27th October **SPOTS AVAILABLE**

shazza_rs
8th July 2014, 03:01 PM
NEWSFLASH: Date Change

In an effort to get the most participants a date change has been made to the Championships date due to limited availability at Sanctuary Cove accommodation for the Saturday night. A decision was made to move it to 25th and 26th October.

On behalf of the OzGolf Championship Organising Committee, you are cordially invited to attend the 11th undertaking of the OzGolf.net Championship.
The prestigous Duncan Bennett Memorial Trophy will again be up for grabs as golfers across the country compete to be OzGolf's top golfer.

Past Winners:
2004: Iain
2005: GazGolf
2006: DC68
2007: BrisVegas
2008: Davemason
2009: PeteThePilot
2010: Oxy
2011: Nudgee
2012: Ferrins
2013: Marto65
2014: ???

Dates: Friday October 24 through Monday October 27

Golf Details:

Friday October 24th
Warm up round: Palmer Colonial Palmer Colonial (http://palmergolf.com.au/colonial/)
Tee off: 11:15 am (shotgun start)
$60 (including cart)

Saturday October 25th
Sanctuary Cove "The Palms"
Tee off 10:28am

Sunday October 26th
Sanctuary Cove "The Pines"
Tee off 8:36am

Sanctuary Cove Golf: $245 (Palms $105, Pines $140)

benno_r
8th July 2014, 03:06 PM
Me likey a lot. 99% sure this is now in my R&R week. Good work!

Captain Nemo
8th July 2014, 03:24 PM
Dates look alot better.
And if your keen leading into this:
http://gogolfing.net.au/tournament/139/Mitsubishi_World_Masters_Golf_Championship#tab5

Ive played this before and its a cracker.
My Old Man and his mates are going up this year, i might look to tag along....;)

AndyP
8th July 2014, 05:58 PM
That would be a big week for your back, Titty.

Captain Nemo
8th July 2014, 06:17 PM
I know, but I'm getting better by the week!

shazza_rs
9th July 2014, 01:52 PM
Monday round has been tentatively confirmed:
Gainsborough Greens at $39.50 (inc. Cart)

I'll throw up a separate thread for the Monday round.

benno_r
9th July 2014, 02:28 PM
Monday round has been confirmed:
Gainsborough Greens at $39.50 (inc. Cart)

I'll throw up a separate thread for the Monday round.

So this locks in Hope Island for friday?

shazza_rs
9th July 2014, 02:33 PM
Yep, just waiting to hear back from Blaz but he initially said he hoped it wouldn't be a problem. No guarantees though.

I should have said tentatively booked for Gainsborough. IF we can't move Hope Island to the Friday it will hopefully be played MONDAY and other options will be sourced for the Friday game.

Fingers crossed

jimandr
9th July 2014, 04:16 PM
Shazza

I'll ask my question here rather than threadjack the EOI thread (like Dotty and I have already done).

There is no mention of likely tee times in the OP. Is this still subject to negotiation, or left out by mistake.

Also, what date is the deadline for reservation and/or payment of accommodation/golf to Sanctuary Cove?

shazza_rs
9th July 2014, 05:39 PM
Tee times are in place I just forgot to add them. Will update tomorrow.

Still sorting out the details for Friday and Monday games.

There is no cut off as such for the accommodation but as it gets closer to the date and occupancy fills there is no guarantee that the price will be the same.

shazza_rs
10th July 2014, 01:56 PM
Monday round has been confirmed at Hope Island. Currently looking into other options for the Friday round due to Gainsborough Greens unavailability for the new date.

Tee times have been added to the header post but here they are in summary.

Saturday: "The Palms" - 10:28am tee off
Sunday: "The Pines" - 8:36 tee off
Monday: Hope Island - 8:30am Shotgun start

PeteyD
10th July 2014, 02:04 PM
Good work Shazza!!

Jarro
10th July 2014, 03:03 PM
Yeah nice job Shaz 👍

jeffblaz
10th July 2014, 06:08 PM
guys anyone wanting to book fill in the form and email to jeff.blaszkowski@ihg.com

no cut off but October is huge for us so book in asap to avoid disappointment... as soon as i get the form i will call you to confirm all credit card numbers and process payment... receipt will then be sent. I will probably start a thread tracking actual sign ups.

shazza_rs
15th July 2014, 06:40 AM
Friday round has been sorted thanks to Blaz.

Friday October 24th
Warm up round: Palmer Colonial Palmer Colonial (http://palmergolf.com.au/colonial/)
Tee off: 11:15 am (shotgun start)
$60 (including cart)

PeteyD
15th July 2014, 07:24 AM
Sweet. never played it. So 3 new courses for me (Have played palms before the revamp).

Daves
15th July 2014, 07:29 AM
Sweet. never played it. So 3 new courses for me (Have played palms before the revamp).

Lots of water. iGolf's favorite course!;)

AndyP
15th July 2014, 11:35 AM
I'll do 3 rounds, 2 nights, but I need to decide on whether to do the Fri-Sun or Sat-Mon. It's a better course on Monday, but the Friday night is always good fun.

goughy
15th July 2014, 11:46 AM
Or you do what I've done in the past and stay the Friday night, but not pay for that day. The Friday nights are a ripper. Just ask Shavey ;)

shazza_rs
25th July 2014, 03:19 PM
Bump!

By this time in 3 months time we'll know who needs to be chased down for round 2.

jeffblaz
1st September 2014, 12:52 PM
hey guys unsure on take up on accommodation if any... due to the fact we are now around 6 or 7 weeks out it might be best if there are only a couple of you planning any accommodation to use my Friends and Family link below. With work load etc I'm not getting to the forums a great deal at all.

http://www.ihgfriendsandfamily.com/nahlkrq

(http://www.ihgfriendsandfamily.com/nahlkrq)

AndyP
8th September 2014, 11:44 AM
To book accommodation you need to fill out the below form. The whole room needs to be paid for in one sum. The below form needs to be filled out and sent to Sanctuary Cove. You will need to note the package that you want and you will receive a phone call from the staff at Sanctuary Cove to confirm your booking.

Credit Card Booking Form
There is no email address on the booking form, so I am sending a scan of my completed form to res.sanctuarycove@ihg.com
I'll let you all know if it successfully gets through.

PeteyD
11th September 2014, 08:44 AM
I might call them today.

AndyP
11th September 2014, 09:04 AM
I might call them today.
Me too. I have got no response from the email. Who the hell takes bookings by phone and fax only?

jeffblaz
17th September 2014, 07:44 AM
guys just to clarify this booking method was setup to cater for anyone wanting to stay without the need to contract rooms. please email any forms to jeff.blaszkowski@ihg.com and i will endeavor to make reservations when i get back in the office (man flu) another consideration people is the fact we are only 4 weeks out we might be limited on rooms as it was always subject to availability. Again I will give you an update as soon as i get back in which I hope will be in the next 48 hours.

PeteyD
17th September 2014, 07:57 AM
Let us know what you find out Jeff.

CanuckDownUnder
7th October 2014, 10:04 AM
I'm keen only for the Sunday -Monday as I'm working the Saturday . No need to stay as I live a few km for the course . But if I could get a later tee off Saturday then I maybe able to make it Where do I send the deposit or full payment?

shazza_rs
7th October 2014, 01:15 PM
CDU, it's pay on the day so no need to send any money through.

I'll add you to the player list for Sunday. There isn't a game on the Monday.

AndyP
7th October 2014, 01:57 PM
It will be nice to meet you, CDU. Have you played the course before?

CanuckDownUnder
7th October 2014, 04:55 PM
I might have a mate come too . I'll ask him . I've played only the Palms .would be good to meet you too

LeftyHoges
7th October 2014, 08:14 PM
I might have a mate come too . I'll ask him . I've played only the Palms .would be good to meet you too

AndyP thinks: "CDU, please look like your avatar, please look like your avatar!!!"

AndyP
9th October 2014, 11:00 AM
I wonder if there will be bunkers out of play? If so, it will be like playing Pelican again, without losing the ball in the "bunker lake". :D
http://sanctuarycovegolfclub.com.au/the-pines-golf-course-bunker-refurbishment-program/

It's good to see that they have rough guides for the courses.
http://sanctuarycovegolfclub.com.au/golf/the-pines-course/
http://sanctuarycovegolfclub.com.au/golf/the-palms-course/

AndyP
16th October 2014, 03:44 PM
I wonder if there will be bunkers out of play? If so, it will be like playing Pelican again, without losing the ball in the "bunker lake". :D
http://sanctuarycovegolfclub.com.au/the-pines-golf-course-bunker-refurbishment-program/

It's good to see that they have rough guides for the courses.
http://sanctuarycovegolfclub.com.au/golf/the-pines-course/
http://sanctuarycovegolfclub.com.au/golf/the-palms-course/
I chucked all of the images into one file per course for easy printing.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qj2asd3i2l29fro/Sanctuary%20Cove%20Palms%20Guide.pdf?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wd5tz78i83x710j/Sanctuary%20Cove%20Pines%20Guide.pdf?dl=0

damoocow
16th October 2014, 04:38 PM
Not sure I understand the sock dress regs?

damoocow
16th October 2014, 04:40 PM
Thanks Andy. Course looks nice - what tees are we playing from? Reasonable ones I hope....

Daves
16th October 2014, 04:41 PM
Looks like they have flipped the nines on the Palms course at some stage. Whenever I have played it we have started on what is hole 9 in the guide (but hole 1 in the overhead view on the left side).

Daves
16th October 2014, 04:42 PM
Not sure I understand the sock dress regs?

Predominately white socks, anklets acceptable is the way I read it.

benno_r
16th October 2014, 05:15 PM
Looks like they have flipped the nines on the Palms course at some stage. Whenever I have played it we have started on what is hole 9 in the guide (but hole 1 in the overhead view on the left side).

I played the Palms a couple of months ago, and my golfshot was way out. Not just flipped, but rerouted in some cases as well. I think in the redesign there was some major changes.

Steve57
16th October 2014, 05:30 PM
I played the Palms a couple of months ago, and my golfshot was way out. Not just flipped, but rerouted in some cases as well. I think in the redesign there was some major changes.
Correct.
Only about 6 or so holes remain from the original Palms.
And some of those have also had adjustments.
A much more enjoyable course now in my opinion.

Daves
16th October 2014, 05:32 PM

I hadn't played it before the reno, so only know it in its current layout. I think the hole flip relates to which clubhouse they are using (there are 2). Hole 1 (11) is behind the clubhouse where you pick up your cart, and there is also an unused starting station there. Hole 9 (1) is the nearest to the other clubhouse where the pro shop is, and where everyone seems to start from now.

benno_r
16th October 2014, 05:37 PM
So which clubhouse we based out of?

Daves
16th October 2014, 05:46 PM
So which clubhouse we based out of?

Whenever I have played it in recent times, we have started at the Country Club, which is the first one in (with the Tennis courts etc), and overlooks the Palms course. The Driving range is also close to Country Club. We parked and collected our carts there, and then proceeded down to the Golf Clubhouse via the pathways. The Clubhouse overlooks The Pines course.

markTHEblake
16th October 2014, 06:07 PM

Not quite flipping the 9's but, they have returned it so that the original old 18th, the reachable par 5 through the palm trees, is now the 18th again.
In the initial reconfiguration, this hole was the 10th.

Whenever I have played it in recent times, we have started at the Country Club, which is the first one in (with the Tennis courts etc), and overlooks the Palms course. The Driving range is also close to Country Club. We parked and collected our carts there, and then proceeded down to the Golf Clubhouse via the pathways. The Clubhouse overlooks The Pines course.

The Palms was deliberately rebuilt to have both courses starting from the new Pines clubhouse, as they intended to run it as fully private, and then permanently close down the old clubhouse. As it turned out that didnt last long and they succumbed to the need to let social players on the course again. For quite some time the visitors would have to check in at the old clubhouse because the estate security wont let bogans in, and then cart it to the first tee. After about 2-3 years of this debacle they relented and renumbered the holes to start and finish at the old clubhouse.

golfbound
16th October 2014, 06:39 PM
They were starting at the new club house today but you had to park and collect your buggy from the old club house.

markTHEblake
16th October 2014, 06:57 PM
You are kidding me? they have changed it again then!

damoocow
16th October 2014, 08:24 PM
Predominately white socks, anklets acceptable is the way I read it.

But also says sockettes are unacceptable - aren't they similar to anklets?

Daves
16th October 2014, 08:32 PM
But also says sockettes are unacceptable - aren't they similar to anklets?

Sockettes are sub ankle I am pretty sure.

PeteyD
17th October 2014, 06:21 AM
Somewhere in the subcockle area.

golfbound
17th October 2014, 08:45 AM
Brett Ogle was out there hitting balls yesterday

AndyP
19th October 2014, 06:12 PM
Last round before Vic Champs, I played to 13.1 in an ordinary display. Today I struggled and played to 13.5. A pattern is forming....

Steve57
19th October 2014, 06:38 PM
Last round before Vic Champs, I played to 13.1 in an ordinary display. Today I struggled and played to 13.5. A pattern is forming....
So are you admitting to sandbagging Andy?:wink:

AndyP
19th October 2014, 07:19 PM
Unfortunately not. The damn thing won't budge until I play more.

WBennett
20th October 2014, 11:45 AM
Not trying to be a complete smartarse, but just asking a question - With 12 starters I assume this can't be an honour board event, as the Canberra Christmas Classic was never allowed that honour due to too small a field?

PeteyD
20th October 2014, 12:06 PM
It is still the Champs.

simmsy
20th October 2014, 01:37 PM
Us WAnkers were left in no doubt several times that our events didn't count unless we had atleast 16 entrants. I would hope the same rules apply in other states.

PeteyD
20th October 2014, 01:43 PM
Yea is a bit of a sad turnout.

3oneday
20th October 2014, 02:08 PM
So what is it, the Ozgolf Not Champs just a Stableford Champs ?

:)

3Puttpete
20th October 2014, 02:25 PM
It is still the Champs.

And the masters is still the masters

benno_r
20th October 2014, 02:31 PM
And the masters is still the masters

How'd you go in that mate?

3Puttpete
20th October 2014, 02:33 PM
How'd you go in that mate?

Romped home

benno_r
20th October 2014, 02:34 PM
Romped home

Heard the handsome challenger duffed one into the piss on the last...

PeteyD
20th October 2014, 02:40 PM
You should be playing in this you slack bugga.

3Puttpete
20th October 2014, 02:50 PM

Who?

PeteyD
20th October 2014, 02:50 PM
You

Jarro
20th October 2014, 02:52 PM
Have fun peeps....

3Puttpete
20th October 2014, 02:54 PM

Who?

You

Good point. You can tell me all about how slack I am in Adelaide. [emoji6]

Besides, 23rd spot in club champs c grade isn't gonna fill itself.

PeteyD
20th October 2014, 02:56 PM
Meh Adelaide ... lucky bugga.

Webster
20th October 2014, 03:18 PM
Have fun peeps....

How come you aren't going Jarro?

3Puttpete
20th October 2014, 03:52 PM
Heard the handsome challenger duffed one into the piss on the last...

Year before brother. The handsome challenger won it [emoji6]

damoocow
20th October 2014, 04:07 PM
Don't pay attention enough to know what an 'honour board' event is....

Maybe this year I can get a top ten finish!

Jarro
20th October 2014, 04:27 PM
How come you aren't going Jarro?
Can't afford to this year Jack.

Hopefully make next years event though.

golfbound
20th October 2014, 04:27 PM
any spots in either of these days left

jimandr
20th October 2014, 04:45 PM
any spots in either of these days left

Just a few. Come on down, Ben.

The status of the event is one of the things that will be discussed at the post mortem. I just hope Benno_R doesn't win. We couldn't have him holding two crowns at once, with a chance for a triple crown in Adelaide.

PeteyD
20th October 2014, 04:45 PM
Yes Ben, spots for both days. I think Jeff still has 16 booked.

PeteyD
20th October 2014, 04:46 PM
Just a few. Come on down, Ben.

The status of the event is one of the things that will be discussed at the post mortem. I just hope Benno_R doesn't win. We couldn't have him holding two crowns at once, with a chance for a triple crown in Adelaide.

So we kneecap AndyP and Benno_R.

shazza_rs
20th October 2014, 04:48 PM
Sounds like a plan :)

benno_r
20th October 2014, 04:53 PM
Oi!

Stop inviting more people and my plans of domination may come to fruition.

I have done the proper thing though, and am playing a crap load of new clubs, just the thing for a title tilt.

PeteyD
20th October 2014, 11:17 PM
Yep I am building 3 crubs for the weekend, probably on Thursday ...

markTHEblake
20th October 2014, 11:55 PM
Not trying to be a complete smartarse, but just asking a question - With 12 starters I assume this can't be an honour board event, as the Canberra Christmas Classic was never allowed that honour due to too small a field?

You are right Benno, it does not qualify as a major.
But it never was one, its always been way above that status.

AndyP
21st October 2014, 12:39 PM
Not trying to be a complete smartarse, but just asking a question - With 12 starters I assume this can't be an honour board event, as the Canberra Christmas Classic was never allowed that honour due to too small a field?Your name is on the honour board twice for winning an event with less than 12 starters.

Webster
21st October 2014, 02:56 PM
You are right Benno, it does not qualify as a major.
But it never was one, its always been way above that status.

How come you're not going this year Blake?

AndyP
21st October 2014, 03:13 PM
Blakey doesn't like resort courses, not that he has been to one for some time.

jimandr
21st October 2014, 04:15 PM
I just had a look at the Sanctuary Cove website.

The Dress Restrictions area claims to ban shorts with cargo pockets.

I've only just caught up to the fashion that includes cargo pockets in shorts. Do they enforce this?

PeteyD
21st October 2014, 04:40 PM
Most likely they will.

Dotty
21st October 2014, 05:01 PM
I've only just caught up to the fashion that includes cargo pockets in shorts. Do they enforce this?
That north coast lifestyle has turned you into a hippie.

;)

markTHEblake
21st October 2014, 06:56 PM
How come you're not going this year Blake?
Lots of reasons. Most I wont say :-)
If it was hosted 'away' I definitely would be playing.

Blakey doesn't like resort courses, not that he has been to one for some time.
I play lots, but I don't pay.

AndyP
21st October 2014, 07:41 PM
I play lots, but I don't pay.I meant Champs.

markTHEblake
21st October 2014, 08:27 PM
I have only missed three in a row. Thats a personal record for me.

WBennett
23rd October 2014, 06:37 AM
Your name is on the honour board twice for winning an event with less than 12 starters.

I just found the honour board, and its comical the ACT Matchplay Champs made it when the Christmas Event never did.

God luck to all involved this weekend - I'm sure you will have a cracking time.

Boys, don't keep AndyP out on the soup til 3am - he comes out the next day and dominates

PeteyD
23rd October 2014, 06:44 AM
Should probably have it revisited Benno. Worth asking the question.

AndyP
23rd October 2014, 08:56 AM
I just found the honour board, and its comical the ACT Matchplay Champs made it when the Christmas Event never did.It's a non-issue, since the honour board has barely been touched since 2011, unless you are keen on getting it updated.

Boys, don't keep AndyP out on the soup til 3am - he comes out the next day and dominatesBut give me a Carlton Mid and I'll be useless for a while.

PeteyD
23rd October 2014, 09:07 AM
Kneecap with wedge and 6 pack of Mid coming right up ...

Shreko
23rd October 2014, 12:00 PM
OOh the banter has started!!!!!!!!

PeteyD
23rd October 2014, 12:05 PM
Back in yer swamp ogre boy

AndyP
23rd October 2014, 12:08 PM
You unfit people are going to melt if this weather keeps up.

PeteyD
23rd October 2014, 12:27 PM
In carts. No melting

AndyP
23rd October 2014, 12:29 PM
Some of you aren't straight enough hitters to keep your ball where carts can go.

PeteyD
23rd October 2014, 12:58 PM
there is plenty of water to cool off in.

Shreko
23rd October 2014, 01:07 PM
Back in yer swamp ogre boy I imagine there will be a number of balls going that way this weekend!!!

In carts. No melting Do they have air con?????:shock:

there is plenty of water to cool off in. Join me in the swamp anyone?

sms316
23rd October 2014, 03:04 PM
Join me in the swamp anyone? Why are you playing Nudgee?

shazza_rs
23rd October 2014, 07:34 PM
And peter_rs is back in the game :)

AndyP
23rd October 2014, 07:37 PM
And peter_rs is back in the game :)
Does he have a decent handicap at the moment?

peter_rs
23rd October 2014, 10:29 PM

So no

AndyP
24th October 2014, 10:22 AM
100 OZgolf dollars up for grabs this weekend. $70 to the winner, and $30 to the runner up.

OZgolf dollars (OZg$) can be used for:

Transactions in the Pro Shop forum area (money to be paid to the seller by OZgolf)
OZgolf Merchandise
Donation to an OZgolf chosen charity, such as, Beyond Blue and Toowoomba Hospital Oncology Ward
Payments for future Champs events.

AndyP
24th October 2014, 06:57 PM
Maybe money doesn't drive you. Maybe it's the silverware.

peter_rs
25th October 2014, 05:37 AM
In the lounge in syd

AndyP
25th October 2014, 11:27 AM
We are away and it's very breezy.

Dotty
25th October 2014, 12:58 PM
Go Jim!

AndyP
25th October 2014, 01:39 PM
Jim is leading our group. Maybe a couple over handicap through 10.

AndyP
25th October 2014, 02:11 PM
I've cracked open a VB in "celebration" of how well I'm playing.

3Puttpete
25th October 2014, 02:19 PM
I've cracked open a VB in "celebration" of how well I'm playing.

DQ'd yourself?

AndyP
25th October 2014, 02:27 PM
Effective DQ.

AndyP
25th October 2014, 04:34 PM
Quality Golf!

damoocow 43
DaveS 42
shazza_rs 39
Jimandr 39
Peter_rs 36
AndyP 34
Benno 33
Blaz 28 (retired thru 14)
PeteyD 25

AndyP
25th October 2014, 04:36 PM
Sorry, Tapatalk added 10 to each score.

damoocow 33
DaveS 32
shazza_rs 29
Jimandr 29
Peter_rs 26
AndyP 24
Benno 23
Blaz 18 (retired thru 14)
PeteyD 15

BenM
25th October 2014, 10:03 PM
15 pts PeteyNAGA? How many holes did you actually play?

Hope you're all having fun!

PeteyD
25th October 2014, 10:27 PM
Oddly yes I did pay all of them. Had a day where shit like this happened a lot ...http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/25/9876df1176518ff6f589c808cbd1c5b2.jpg

BenM
26th October 2014, 08:30 AM
Wow.

AndyP
26th October 2014, 10:04 AM
Today's course is much friendlier, although my scoring isn't reflecting that.

Grunt
26th October 2014, 10:20 AM
Oddly yes I did pay all of them. Had a day where shit like this happened a lot ...http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/25/9876df1176518ff6f589c808cbd1c5b2.jpg

I know the feeling Pete. Still better than me last year.

markTHEblake
26th October 2014, 01:05 PM
Today's course is much friendlier, although my scoring isn't reflecting that. Whenever they had 36 hole senior pro events there scoring at Pines was much lower than Palms despite being at least 600m longer.

benno_r
26th October 2014, 02:22 PM
Just missing the green on the palms is punishing, while just missing on the pines still gives a solid up and down chance.

jimandr
26th October 2014, 07:24 PM
Whenever they had 36 hole senior pro events there scoring at Pines was much lower than Palms despite being at least 600m longer.

This is as good a place as any to record my version of events.

I'll start by agreeing totally with Blakey's quote above. The breeze was much stronger yesterday at The Palms than today at the Pines, but the greens and green complexes at The Palms are so severe that it was very hard to see the correct shot. There didn't seem to be any good places to miss on many holes, and no good angle to approach from, particularly on greens with the pin at the front. I think everybody agreed that The Pines was a much more enjoyable course. I felt like I could score there, and it was mainly my own incompetence that stopped my doing so.

My last comment on the courses is that they share one thing in common with Hope Island (and I gather, Lakelands also even though I've not played that one). They are massively overpriced. Worth about half the green fee. They did good sandwiches though.

I hit some good shots, and some bad shots, but some late round fadeouts cost me good scores on both days. One of the ironies of golf was shown by my bunker play being excellent on Saturday, and awful Sunday.

But I care more about the quality of the company than the quality of the golf. It was an absolute pleasure to play with Andy P and Shazza on Saturday, and Daves and Peter RS on Sunday. The Saturday night BBQ and conversation was also top class.

I would like to point out that I marked the winner's card in both the Qld Masters and the Qld Champs this year, so I should be in demand as a playing partner next time around.

Those who decided that they had to wash their hair instead missed out on a great weekend. Thanks everyone for making me welcome at my first ever Champs.

coalesce
26th October 2014, 08:38 PM
Dibs playing with jimandr at SA Champs! ;)

markTHEblake
26th October 2014, 09:27 PM
Most of the Par 3's at the Palms are insane, especially with some of pin positions. The easiest of the lot is the 200m one !

LarryLong
26th October 2014, 09:42 PM

:shock:

It's like they conducted a worldwide search for the species of tree most likely to swallow a golf ball.

So what club did you use? :)

oldracer
26th October 2014, 09:44 PM
Most of the Par 3's at the Palms are insane, especially with some of pin positions. The easiest of the lot is the 200m one !WTF?? lay up on par 3 is my go to shot

damoocow
27th October 2014, 06:46 AM
Thanks to all for a great champs - good to meet some new faces too.
Although the golf was ordinary most of the time I had heaps of fun on both days.
Thanks Shazza and Pete for hosting the bbq - that was a laugh.
No reflection on Jeff [thanks for organising] but both those courses are pretty poor value for money. Good condition but can't see how they justify those prices - maybe $60 each is fair?
I liked the Palms greens better but then I like greens that make you think [ and vent] and after the first few holes at the Pines I was thinking 'what a course!' very beautiful to look at, but then the pine trees sort of disappeared and we were left with another flat, bland layout. Some great holes on both courses, just not enough to make me want to return.

Ferrins
22nd November 2014, 12:04 PM
Who won it?

Captain Nemo
22nd November 2014, 12:54 PM
Golf was the winner apparently....
;)

AndyP
22nd November 2014, 01:33 PM
Who won it?Daves.

Ferrins
23rd November 2014, 06:03 PM
Well done Dave! Was anyone else playing?