PDA

View Full Version : Light and stiff fairway shaft

davepuppies
7th July 2014, 08:30 PM
I currently have a ad DI 7s in my 3 wood. Not a huge fan of the feel.

To give you a idea of the shafts I enjoy, I enjoyed the aldila RIP red eyes 60 in my driver, and like the feel of the motore F3 60 in x stiff in my driver.

I have a aldila RIP red eyes in my 5 wood and like it

Could it be as simple as a RIP red eyes in 3 wood?
I like to be light, but boardy

JADO75
7th July 2014, 08:36 PM
Most of the time I use a 60 something gram driver shaft in my 3 wood. Choke it if I need more control or grip it full length & rip it

Waggle
8th July 2014, 10:29 AM
That's because you own about 200 of them

talbo
8th July 2014, 10:50 AM
I have a aldila RIP red eyes in my 5 wood and like it

Could it be as simple as a RIP red eyes in 3 wood?
I like to be light, but boardy

If you like it in the 5 wood then I would imagine you'll like it in the 3.

I have a Diamana S+72 in my 5 wood and this shaft works well in my 3 wood also but I definitely prefer the RIP Phenom 80 in the 3 wood when using it from fairway but prefer the S+72 when hitting it form the tee.

FuzzyJuzzy
8th July 2014, 03:32 PM
Most of the time I use a 60 something gram driver shaft in my 3 wood. Choke it if I need more control or grip it full length & rip it

Does that work mate? Or are you just awesome as shit? I've used my stock RBZ Stage 2 Tour 3W shaft in my JetSpeed, which seems to work, and for a laugh I put the stock JetSpeed shaft in my 3W head, and at address the head looked soooooooo far away and soooooooo tiny! Didn't bother to take a hit with it though….just assumed I'd probably end up making an air swing:).

Shane788
8th July 2014, 03:39 PM
Does work, I play my ad di 6x in my rbz stage 2 13* every now and then, goes like a rocket.