PDA

View Full Version : What's You Best Golfing Possesion You Own

addamsmith
23rd February 2006, 09:26 AM
Hi Guy's and Gal's
I would love to know what is your best golfing possesion you own or have owned in the past, collectable or you played with it, and why.
Mine is my full set of Steve Elkingtons club's, most of them where prototype.
They are
Titleist 975 JFS ( just for steve)
Titleist 970 proto 15 degree
Titleist Custom Grind number 16 Elk grind.2-pw
Vokey 56 and 60 with SE on them ( both his own grind)
Ping anser Elk putter and Scotty elk putter.
Steve Elkington's Titleist bag 10 1/2 inch
Thanks guy's
Addam

Matt 3 Jab
23rd February 2006, 09:36 AM
My scotty cameron, its just an off the rack studio design 2 but i just love it and it cost me the most!!
Other than that i dont think ive ever owned a prototype or anything like that.

AndyP
23rd February 2006, 09:38 AM
My orange Nambour GC shirt, because it's sooo damn sexy.

addamsmith
23rd February 2006, 09:44 AM
Sound's very very sexy

Moe Norman
23rd February 2006, 09:50 AM
my collection of golf course books.

AndyP
23rd February 2006, 10:29 AM
my collection of golf course books.
More information please. Any particular books that are your pride and joy?

Grunt
23rd February 2006, 10:31 AM
Clubs; it would be my Oddessy White Hot 33" putter:smt023
Clothing; either my pink golf shirt or the grey & white pin-striped shorts with pink highlights:cool:
Golf Stuff; My box set of Dr. Bob books:mrgreen:

Trung
23rd February 2006, 10:35 AM
Clubs; it would be my Oddessy White Hot 33" putter:smt023

even after i ran over it with a cart? :oops: :oops: :oops:

must be the trungie sentimental value :mrgreen:

freddy a
23rd February 2006, 10:36 AM
it would b my putters
SC LTD edition CLN 2
SC Newport Beach 1.5 Prototype
Plus:
Sonartec SS04 Tour Only 3 wood
I had I do believe Rachael Teske's old Callaway VFT Tour Driver but I traded that. It was a 8.5* fitted with a Fuji Fit on 6 shaft

BrisVegas
23rd February 2006, 10:50 AM
I have a framed, souvenir score card from The Old Course on my desk at work. Plenty of pics and memories. Not much stuff of value, as the gear I've got is in play, not up on racks....

Moe Norman
23rd February 2006, 11:15 AM
More information please. Any particular books that are your pride and joy? I don't have a massive collection by any means. Just the basics.

I guess my best one is a leather bound copy of "Augusta National & the Masters" but it's not my pride and joy because Augusta isn't my favourite course.

Other books in my collection are

The Spirit of St. Andrews
The Road to Ballybunion
The Anatomy of a Golf Course
Doak's Confidential Guide
Alister Mackenzies Cypress Point Club

My favoutire I guess would be "The Life and Work of Dr Alister Mackenzie"

I'd like to read more about Pine Valley, Merion and Shin though.

markTHEblake
23rd February 2006, 11:26 AM
The Spirit of St. Andrews

I have got this book, its great reading.

Moe Norman
23rd February 2006, 11:31 AM
MTB if you enjoyed that, I can strngly reccomend the others listed.

markTHEblake
23rd February 2006, 12:05 PM
not sure about that, those others seem to be more about arkytechta, i am more interested in the historical develepment of the game (and the st andrews course itself)

i have searched high and low for historical layouts of the original st andrews course (ie 22 holes) but there are none. Whats in the book seems to be the best there is.

Fishman Dan
23rd February 2006, 12:17 PM
Sentimentally, the NSWGA ball marker/pitch repair tool won at the Kyogle GC 75th Anniversary event. There were hundreds in attendence, it would be worth $5 but it's a good reminder of what was a huge night.

Otherwise i'd have to say my White Hot 2-Ball - thanks Ping ;) Got it for a steal, and haven't let it go since. Prior to this i had a White Hot #7, bought 2nd hand at a Power Golf sale for $130 which is now serving time at Kyogle GC, my father in law was delighted to have it "permanently loaned" to him.

McMw
23rd February 2006, 12:32 PM
sad to say - nothing really holds much sentimental value in my bag...
got really excited when Jean bought me a 983K couple of years ago...but that's about it...

clubs comes and goes in my bag...quite often... :lol:

Moe Norman
23rd February 2006, 12:36 PM
not sure about that, those others seem to be more about arkytechta, i am more interested in the historical develepment of the game (and the st andrews course itself)
Road to Ballybunion and MacKenzies Cypress Point would still be enjoyable.

connico
23rd February 2006, 02:02 PM
Victorinox Divot tool hehehe just got it..its my pride and joy lol :)

terryand
23rd February 2006, 02:35 PM
No sentimental value with any of my clubs, but most valuable(not money wise) would have to be my lobby.

Terry.

3oneday
23rd February 2006, 02:38 PM
:-#

terryand
23rd February 2006, 02:42 PM
:-#

:smt017

Terry.

3oneday
23rd February 2006, 02:50 PM
:smt017

Terry.:smt016

Jarro
23rd February 2006, 04:36 PM
my swing.

terryand
23rd February 2006, 05:29 PM
:smt016

Oh that’s right, your inability to grasp the art of the 60* lobby http://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gif

terry.

Keza_G
23rd February 2006, 08:07 PM
Fav Club : 2 of them..... 8* Spectrum that I took to the World LD Titles in the US and .... my Fischer golf Putter ( I just loove it)
Fav Clothing : My lucky Ford Undies
Fav Book : Davie by Donald McDonald.... a fictional story of a boy who became a professional Golfer..... inspiring...
Fav Food : LASAGNE

Cheers

Keza

BrisWesty
23rd February 2006, 09:22 PM
One of the older gentlemen at my church has just given the game away after heart surgery, (well he said he did, but he had a hit last week) but he very kindly gave me the opal ball marker that he used to use.

A measure of the man. It's almost too nice to use.

3oneday
23rd February 2006, 09:48 PM
Oh that’s right, your inability to grasp the art of the 60* lobby http://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gif

terry.or was it my ability to play the same shot with a 57° ;)

:p

:lol:

terryand
23rd February 2006, 09:57 PM
or was it my ability to play the same shot with a 57° ;)

:p

:lol:

Took you 4 1/2 hours to come up with that.....

Man ya slippin:smt009

Terry.

3oneday
23rd February 2006, 10:32 PM
Took you 4 1/2 hours to come up with that.....

Man ya slippin:smt009

Terry.hehe, I was out practising it :p

;)

terryand
23rd February 2006, 10:43 PM
hehe, I was out practising it :p

;)

I guess thats the difference between your 57* and you and My 60* and I.

We don't need to practise to be good together :mrgreen:

Terry.

macleod
24th February 2006, 04:40 PM
well it WAS my lucky purple undies but...i blew a hole in them so...

perci
24th February 2006, 05:35 PM
I have a Golden Bear cap signed by Jack [infront of me] & I just piced up a ELK 61 wedge.

senecio
25th February 2006, 05:50 PM
My Maxfli XS Tour No. 4 that sits proudly next to the stereo in the front lounge room.

My one and only hole in one ball.

Ryan

Jarro
25th February 2006, 06:44 PM
My Maxfli XS Tour No. 4 that sits proudly next to the stereo in the front lounge room.

My one and only hole in one ball.

Ryan

no gloating about holes-in-one :smt018

.. you know what happened last time somebody did that :-\"

AndyP
26th February 2006, 09:35 AM
As long as it was in a comp....

Fishman Dan
26th February 2006, 04:43 PM
I guess my best concrete item is my Wilson 5 wood....the go to club (ok with one exception on the final hole at Bribie).

Otherwise its my memory of the week I spent at a Legends tournament in Austin Texas in '94. Apart from going anywhere I liked on the whole course (including practice range and locker rooms) I met a bunch of legends, had a beer with Ben Crenshaw and saw Arnie nuded up (it was an accident I tell ya).

You only wrote this down because your own memory is fading fast.

So was it Nude Arnie's greatest golf related experience aswell, or did you sit by the phone the following day for the call that never came?

Jarro
26th February 2006, 05:03 PM
Fishy, i think it was more along the lines of .... golfer69 was bending over picking up the soap in the shower when he saw, from between his legs, Arnie approaching with nuthin on :shock:

pt73
26th February 2006, 06:56 PM
A Scotty Cameron Art of Putting poster which he signed for me in 1998 during the US Open week at Olympic CC in San Francisco, it's framed on the wall of my study. I queued for about 20 mins at a local golf shop and mine was the last one he signed before the shop closed that day. A really nice man who joked that I'd flown a long way from Australia just to get his autograph on a poster.

PT

Webster
26th February 2006, 07:27 PM
pt73, Did Scotty just copy that poster from PING as well? The PING would have been just as good and only half the price.

pt73
2nd March 2006, 08:19 AM
pt73, Did Scotty just copy that poster from PING as well? The PING would have been just as good and only half the price.
Actually I think it's an original idea of his or Titleist's marketing department.

PT

brad
2nd March 2006, 12:54 PM
This is easy, has to be my brain.

BrisVegas
6th March 2006, 09:49 AM
After my last few rounds I've gotta say my 904F 3 wood is the best club I own. Finally I've found something that I can hitt off the deck and the tee. And it's long too!

Jarro
6th March 2006, 10:33 AM
mine would be my newly purchased bridgestone 21* hybrid .... awesome little club 8)

benstone
9th March 2006, 04:03 PM
Bargin: my Titleist Brad Faxon sand wedge from Ebay for GBP30. Love it and will try and get it regrooved rather than throw it out when the grooves wear out.

Freebie: My 983K I won in a competition on Paul Casey's website. Went and collected it from Wenworth on the practice day of the Volvo PGA. Met Paul at the Titleist van, where they had made my driver, got a signed hat, new bag and a picture with him, then went with him to the range. Spent 2 hours wondering up and down the range watching people like Vijay, Darren Clarke, Ian Poulter and Jose Marie Olazabal from just a few feet away.

Purchase: Burberry Golf Collection polo with The Open claret jug embroidered on the sleeve. Bought it at the 2002 at Muirfield having spent the weekend there.

Courty
9th March 2006, 07:44 PM
Clubs: the best one would be my DFX 1100 putter - fits my eye perfectly.
Other: My A-Grade Monthly Medal & A-Grade Masters Medal

addamsmith
9th March 2006, 10:35 PM
Hey Benstone
Man that would have been some day for you.
Addam

benstone
10th March 2006, 11:23 AM
Hey Benstone
Man that would have been some day for you.
Addam

Actually, it was :mrgreen: .

When I originally won the competition, they were just going to send the stuff to me. However, I exchanged emails with Casey's assistant and he was the one that sorted it out for me to meet him. Casey is a very nice guy, I spent 10-15 minutes just chatting with him at the Titleist van. It was also his assistant that said for me to go onto the range, which was superb.
I spent most of the time watching Vijay, just because he spends so long practicing, and because he is so systematic about it. Most of the guys were just working through the clubs in their bag apart from Jimenez, who was at the far right side of the range, and just seemed to be hitting big fades out of the range for a laugh. I am not sure what is over the right hand side of the range at Wentworth, but there is a stack of nice balls out there now :-D .
Meeting Paul Casey and playing with Barry Lane (Euro Tour Pro & my friend is god father to one of his kids) are my top golf related experiences