PDA

View Full Version : Iron shafts are too long

SirTop
5th July 2014, 10:38 PM
Gaming:
JPX 825 pro's - stiff project 5.5 shafts - but they're 1 inch longer
- For someone 6ft4 or more and I'm 5ft11
- Reckon 1/2 inch longer than standard is perfect, Ping fitted me for that length in the past

Am I better putting a WTB in the classifieds for 1/2 inch longer PX 5.5's or similar, or getting these cut down half an inch at my local shop

By the time I get them cut down, new grips etc, maybe i'm better getting new ones especially if there's any challenges with lie angles etc changing

These funnily enough I can hit ok, but on bad days I struggle with the extra weight and hitting them fat if I forget to stand tall, grip down etc

Cheers

Peppas
5th July 2014, 10:50 PM
Got a set of ap2s with standard length px5.5s if you want them mate.

SirTop
5th July 2014, 11:01 PM
Oh no, don't tempt me.

Out of curiosity, what were you thinking?

:)

PS I was meaning maybe I'd get another 2nd hard shafts set, not set of irons, that's obviously the cheapest option here

davidw88
6th July 2014, 09:11 AM
Just cut the shafts down 1/2 inch would be heaps cheaper.

Daves
6th July 2014, 01:14 PM
Just cut the shafts down 1/2 inch would be heaps cheaper.

What he said, and you shouldn't need new grips unless they are worn, though they can be a pain to get off intact if they have been glued. But before you do anything, try gripping down for a while.

SirTop
6th July 2014, 01:39 PM
What he said, and you shouldn't need new grips unless they are worn, though they can be a pain to get off intact if they have been glued. But before you do anything, try gripping down for a while.
Thanks Daves

Been gripping down for a while but lately it feels like the shaft is too long and cumbersome, and even heavy

I play best with a heavy shaft but this is a tad much, just doesn't feel right anymore. Some days I play well with them but it's inconsistent because of the extra length

mrbluu
6th July 2014, 01:40 PM
Thanks Daves Been gripping down for a while but lately it feels like the shaft is too long and cumbersome, and even heavy I play best with a heavy shaft but this is a tad much, just doesn't feel right anymore. Some days I play well with them but it's inconsistent because of the extra length You know where I live and what I drink ;-)

Captain Nemo
6th July 2014, 04:34 PM
Toppy, id go to the guys in Strathfield (i think) that Rodent got his Mizzys from, i think they are big Mizzy dealers.
Get them to cut them down and bend them to your exact specs.
Pretty sure they have fitting bays etc onsite.