PDA

View Full Version : Four ball best ball

Ferrins
27th June 2014, 03:36 PM
This is on tomorrow at Tenterfield. Is this different to ambrose?

sms316
27th June 2014, 03:38 PM
Yep. Fourball sucks under all conditions.

Ambrose is great with four single figure markers.

Ferrins
27th June 2014, 03:40 PM
Do you play out each hole and the best score for the four counts?

sms316
27th June 2014, 03:42 PM
Only at Tenterfield

markTHEblake
27th June 2014, 03:47 PM
Yep. Fourball sucks under all conditionsEspecially when its really a two ball.Unless its mixed.

Peter
27th June 2014, 03:56 PM
Saw SMS had posted in here and was worried that this was a follow on from his threesome thread.

Ferrins
27th June 2014, 04:30 PM
Shouldn't stupid competitions like this be on a Sunday.

sms316
27th June 2014, 04:31 PM
Shouldn't stupid competitions like this be on a Sunday. Tuesday. And only at public courses.

3oneday
27th June 2014, 04:48 PM
Shouldn't stupid competitions like this be on a Sunday.yes.

No single on a Saturday is indicative of a committee out of touch with the members. Although, it is Tenterfield :)

Ferrins
27th June 2014, 05:41 PM
So is this it?
FOUR BALL-BEST BALL PAR OR STABLEFORD
These competitions are played by two players competing as partners. Each player plays his own ball. Handicaps and scoring as for Par or Stableford as previously described, except that only the better score of the pair is recorded on the card, together with that players initials. When score are equal, the ball holed first is recorded.

3oneday
27th June 2014, 05:45 PM
Yep, basically a two ball, i think i realised a few years ago that qldrs don't play fourballs. But you ONLY record the best score.

Shortylook
27th June 2014, 06:02 PM
It's not too bad a game, we have that the Saturday before our open day every year, good fun day IMO. Plus we won this year :lol:

Ferrins
27th June 2014, 06:27 PM
Yep, basically a two ball, i think i realised a few years ago that qldrs don't play fourballs. But you ONLY record the best score.

Pretty sure I'm in NSW.

3Puttpete
27th June 2014, 06:31 PM
The bloke with the pro v wins

3oneday
28th June 2014, 06:40 AM
Pretty sure I'm in NSW.I can't believe a Tenterfieldian has never played a fourball? I grew up in Moree and we used to play them there quite often, even had fourball championships, it isn't that far away :)

sms316
28th June 2014, 06:43 AM
Pretty sure I'm in NSW. Tenterfield is in Qld.

Ferrins
28th June 2014, 07:05 AM
QLD paid for the golf course with pokies money back in the day.

oldracer
17th September 2014, 06:44 PM
So is this it?
FOUR BALL-BEST BALL PAR OR STABLEFORD
These competitions are played by two players competing as partners. Each player plays his own ball. Handicaps and scoring as for Par or Stableford as previously described, except that only the better score of the pair is recorded on the card, together with that players initials. When score are equal, the ball holed first is recorded. got this up tomorrow, playing in pairs, point in question, does every player have a card to hand in??? or is every players score recorded for handicap purposes?? thanks in advance racer, oh no red before the game so this could go horribly wrong

Coldtopper
17th September 2014, 06:53 PM
got this up tomorrow, playing in pairs, point in question, does every player have a card to hand in??? or is every players score recorded for handicap purposes?? thanks in advance racer, oh no red before the game so this could go horribly wrong get on OR! 4bbbb is a waste so tell mrs OR to pick you up in advance! 8 hours after tee off

oldracer
17th September 2014, 07:02 PM
get on OR! 4bbbb is a waste so tell mrs OR to pick you up in advance! 8 hours after tee offhaha yu're a funny bugger, oh well got to get some competition whacks in mate, no use just fudging around Naggaz or Grumpy frog by myself, reckon the train would be a better chance than the boss...you still didn't answer my question either!!!!!!

3Puttpete
17th September 2014, 07:12 PM
got this up tomorrow, playing in pairs, point in question, does every player have a card to hand in??? or is every players score recorded for handicap purposes?? thanks in advance racer, oh no red before the game so this could go horribly wrong

Depends on the club. Should be one card for the pair but some clubs will have you both keep a card and a team card or have the machine figure it out. I think playing singles in conjunction is against the rules but regularly happens.

You'd normally only be handicapped if the team score is 42 points or more and you're on the card 10 times....or something like that

oldracer
17th September 2014, 07:19 PM
Depends on the club. Should be one card for the pair but some clubs will have you both keep a card and a team card or have the machine figure it out. I think playing singles in conjunction is against the rules but regularly happens.

You'd normally only be handicapped if the team score is 42 points or more and you're on the card 10 times....or something like thatthanks 3PP, NFI at the moment, this is a first on many fronts haha, paired with a 9 cap so we could have a good spread

3Puttpete
17th September 2014, 07:25 PM
thanks 3PP, NFI at the moment, this is a first on many fronts haha, paired with a 9 cap so we could have a good spread

Pace of play issue: if you only have one card between you and you can't score more than your partner, pick up

oldracer
17th September 2014, 08:10 PM
Pace of play issue: if you only have one card between you and you can't score more than your partner, pick upthanks mate, appreciate the tip

jimandr
17th September 2014, 09:01 PM

You'd normally only be handicapped if the team score is 42 points or more and you're on the card 10 times....or something like that

In Sydney they always play singles in conjunction. I do not know why they don't do so elsewhere.

The only rule change is that you aren't allowed to give your partner advice, even though they are your partner.

If it isn't singles in conjunction, treat it as an ambrose. Have fun, do some practice, make some side bets. Don't even bother to hand the card in unless you have had a very good day as a team, or unless you have virtually played the game by yourself and had a good game, assuming you want to drop handicap.

oldracer
17th September 2014, 09:21 PM
In Sydney they always play singles in conjunction. I do not know why they don't do so elsewhere.

The only rule change is that you aren't allowed to give your partner advice, even though they are your partner.

If it isn't singles in conjunction, treat it as an ambrose. Have fun, do some practice, make some side bets. Don't even bother to hand the card in unless you have had a very good day as a team, or unless you have virtually played the game by yourself and had a good game, assuming you want to drop handicap.this sounds like the way to play the game, cheers Jim, I do want to drop cap but maybe after Vic Champs