PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on receiving damaged goods?

JADO75
26th June 2014, 10:25 AM
Whst are our thoughts on receiving a damaged item purchased from the Ozgolf community? When I send something to someone, I usually insure & register it & if it turns up busted at the other end it's not the buyers fault but something I have to deal with. Same if I receive something busted, I didn't buy it that way so I sure as shit will be getting my cabbage back. Just for the record this hasn't happened to me although I once sent a shaft & forgot to register it, it didn't turn up so I refunded $$. Keen to hear others thoughts on this

3oneday
26th June 2014, 10:33 AM
I always send insured, but only to the tune of $50. I guess out of goodwill I'd refund.

If something caves in or breaks later I'd say not though, no warranties :).

rowey
26th June 2014, 10:37 AM
I purchased a set of irons & couldn't even get the other person to send me some photos to see what they looked like...

Is that normal also

Peppas
26th June 2014, 10:39 AM
I only ever insure if I am sending via e-go.

If they go via Aust Post I usually try and make sure they are packaged pretty well. The tracking is included in the price of the postage these days...

Captain Nemo
26th June 2014, 11:09 AM
I only ever insure if I am sending via e-go.

If they go via Aust Post I usually try and make sure they are packaged pretty well. The tracking is included in the price of the postage these days...

Same as its only coupla $ extra....

Timbo
26th June 2014, 11:48 AM
I've sent a shaft through Australia Post (unregistered) and it disappeared. I refunded the Ozgolfer and ended up recouping most of the money after putting in a claim to Australia Post.

I reckon there are some Australia Post golfers out there with some pretty cheap gear.

JADO75
26th June 2014, 11:54 AM
If it isn't registered when you send it with Aus Post it's an invitation to be stolen

Peppas
26th June 2014, 12:24 PM
If it isn't registered when you send it with Aus Post it's an invitation to be stolen

Yeah but what does registered post get you? Signature on delivery?

All regular parcel post come with a tracking number now too.

3oneday
26th June 2014, 01:03 PM
$100 cover at least registered.

JADO75
26th June 2014, 01:11 PM
Registered gave you a tracking # so you could see where it is. I had a massive blow up with Aus post in Penrith when a shaft I sent didn't turn up. He reply was "did you register it?" Which I hadn't as I was in a massive rush that day but normally do. I had a receipt for payment but she said she couldn't tell me where it is, said that more than likely it'd been stolen or left on a doorstep when it shouldn't have. I asked how am I responsible for that & all I got back was "did you register it?" I asked what service I was paying for if they can't guarantee it'll be delivered & she said unless it was registered there's no guarantee it'll get there, Posties know there's now at it can be traced & thank you very much

Webster
26th June 2014, 01:15 PM
No such thing as registered post for parcels any more. It's now "signature on delivery" for an exta $2.95, but doesnt include any insurance (thats an extra $1.50 per $100 of value insured).

And anyone sending a parcel that is obviously a golf club without the "signature on delivery" is asking for trouble. The postage handlers like to help themselves to this stuff from time to time (as I have been told by more than a couple of ppostal workers". So insist on the extra $2.95 if you buy anything from here or ebay if its goign through the mail.

3oneday
26th June 2014, 02:15 PM
I also heard that Auspost are going to cut back on delivery days soon too, ie they won't be delivering every day. Not sure if that was all letters, parcels or what though.

aym
26th June 2014, 02:25 PM
No such thing as registered post for parcels any more. It's now "signature on delivery" for an exta $2.95, but doesnt include any insurance (thats an extra $1.50 per $100 of value insured).

And anyone sending a parcel that is obviously a golf club without the "signature on delivery" is asking for trouble. The postage handlers like to help themselves to this stuff from time to time (as I have been told by more than a couple of ppostal workers". So insist on the extra $2.95 if you buy anything from here or ebay if its goign through the mail.

Its not like they match the signature ... they can probably scribble something themselves and take the club anyway... cant wait until they start to use drones to deliver stuff :P surely they can't lose a freakin drone right...

Webster
26th June 2014, 03:23 PM
Aym, that could happen, but in the event that the club goes missing and wasn't delivered to the addressee (the dodgy signature is the giveaway), I have been told by Auspost that they will definitely cover the loss.

I was also told by my local postie mate that "the crims would not dare take a parcel that had to be signed for". It's worth spending the $2.95 IMO.

I have posted over 800 golf clubs using Austpost - they have not lost a single item, and only two were damaged, which they fully refunded the value of. I can't speak highly enough of Auspost.

meh
26th June 2014, 03:45 PM
Auspost are too expensive and delivery times are too slow. That being said, and touch wood, haven't had anything go missing as yet.

PerryGroves
26th June 2014, 04:31 PM
Given its a community, I would replace or refund anything I sent that did not arrive in the condition I promised.

Jackie boy, 800 clubs posted, that is some serious turnover, you will be in the running to win a lunch with Ahmed Fahour. 2nd prize, 2 lunches.

Webster
26th June 2014, 04:52 PM
PG, that's over a 12 year period, most of it many years ago when there was good coin to be made on ebay by importing in bulk from the US. Hardly worth it these days.