PDA

View Full Version : Bio cell irons

MAZA68
24th June 2014, 07:14 PM
Anyone playing and/or had a trial of the Bio Cell Irons?

KristianJ
24th June 2014, 07:45 PM
Dotty has a set of them from memory...

Dotty
24th June 2014, 09:24 PM
Onto my third set of Cobra gumby irons, mainly due to the 85g steel shafts. (Originally had S9, then S3Max, now BioCell, as I now only use 7-PW.)

Very forgiving and suit my slower swing speed. Sit nicely between 110g shafted wedges and graphite shafted hybrids, but may be too light for stronger players (who should look at BioCell+).

Picked up matching wedges last weekend, and just getting use to the lighter shafts.

MAZA68
25th June 2014, 12:29 PM
Interesting info thanks dotty. Bio plus might be the go, although my swing speed is not express either.

rowey
25th June 2014, 06:04 PM

Maza if it means anything, I have actually been looking at going to the Bio Cell +, I went & had a hit of a 7 iron at a local golf shop. They feel very nice & easy to hit.

Also hit the normal Bio Cell, it also felt nice. It is a bit thicker on the sole & top line & is apparently made from different material.

You can check out the review on youtube done by Mark Crossfield.....he tests bloody everything.

MAZA68
25th June 2014, 08:16 PM
Thanks rowey, just window shopping at present but the next phase is going for a hit. Watched the Mark Crossfield review the other day.

Matt1979
1st July 2014, 01:35 PM
Was just talking to one of the guys at work - he has just been fit out for Bio Cell Irons - 5-PW, couple of hybrids & Driver -- couldn't stop raving about how easy they are to swing and hit, so def sounds like worth a look.

Matt1979
1st July 2014, 01:36 PM
Was just talking to one of the guys at work - he has just been fit out for Bio Cell Irons - 5-PW, couple of hybrids & Driver -- couldn't stop raving about how easy they are to swing and hit, so def sounds like worth a look.

sorry - hybrids were the baffler Xls ( not Bio Cell ) but driver was the Bio Cell