PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: 7M3 Black Tie Stiff TM tip $100

FuzzyJuzzy
23rd June 2014, 12:08 PM
Gents,

I've got a Matrix Black Tie 7M3 Stiff with a TaylorMade tip (JetSpeed/SLD/RBZ Stage 2 etc) and a brand new grip for sale. Chasing $100 for it, or a straight swap for an AD DI 6 Stiff (or possibly a similar AD DI) with the same TaylorMade tip. I've also got a Diamana D+ 72 Stiff with a Titleist tip that I'm keen on doing the same for - selling for $100 or swapping for an AD DI with TaylorMade tip - if anyone is keen on that? I'm in Sydney; as Tom says in Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrels, let me feel the fibre of your fabric. Email me at Fuzzyjuzzy2109@yahoo.com.au or PM if keen. Thanks Lads, FJ.

JADO75
23rd June 2014, 12:21 PM
Hate to burst your bubble Fuzzy but a DI is worth about $50+ more

3oneday
23rd June 2014, 12:31 PM
Buy a paragraph.

FuzzyJuzzy
23rd June 2014, 12:33 PM
Hate to burst your bubble Fuzzy but a DI is worth about $50+ more

Figured as much, but if someone's got one they're not using and are keen on a 7M3, then that's not as much of an issue…I'm hoping. And a Hundy seems like a decent price for a Black Tie….just looking at the Bay...

3oneday
23rd June 2014, 12:37 PM
Ozgolf is usually ebay less 30 to 50% ;)

FuzzyJuzzy
23rd June 2014, 12:38 PM
Buy a paragraph.

What's that now?

FuzzyJuzzy
23rd June 2014, 12:43 PM
Ozgolf is usually ebay less 30 to 50% ;)

If that's the case, then I should be selling it for more then, just looking quickly at pricing for this shaft on the Bay...

timah!
23rd June 2014, 06:53 PM
Is that the one you bought for $80?
http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/40293-Matrix-Black-Tie-7M3-with-Titleist-910-913-Tip-80-pp

Lagerlover
23rd June 2014, 07:17 PM
I sold one quite recently for $75 posted, if you wish to use that as a gauge.

FuzzyJuzzy
23rd June 2014, 07:29 PM
Is that the one you bought for $80?
http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/40293-Matrix-Black-Tie-7M3-with-Titleist-910-913-Tip-80-pp

That's the one, except now it's got a new grip and a TaylorMade tip. Not saying that justifies the cost difference, of course, but I thought the price I got it for was a steal...and so did Jado75, the would-be Yoda of Shaftage. This sale is a means of fundraising for the next golf purchase, so was hoping not to have to give it away...

FuzzyJuzzy
23rd June 2014, 07:31 PM
I sold one quite recently for $75 posted, if you wish to use that as a gauge.

Thanks mate. This shaft is really worth so little? All those mo-fos flogging (or trying to) them on eBay must be dreaming...

davepuppies
23rd June 2014, 07:34 PM
That's the one, except now it's got a new grip and a TaylorMade tip. Not saying that justifies the cost difference, of course, but I thought the price I got it for was a steal...and so did Jado75, the would-be Yoda of Shaftage. This sale is a means of fundraising for the next golf purchase, so was hoping not to have to give it away...

There is a unwritten law within the pro shop here that suggests you don't profit off purchases made in here. I think that's what Timah was getting at.

Lagerlover
23rd June 2014, 07:36 PM
Thanks mate. This shaft is really worth so little? All those mo-fos flogging (or trying to) them on eBay must be dreaming...

Tip removed, to be fair.

FuzzyJuzzy
23rd June 2014, 08:00 PM
There is a unwritten law within the pro shop here that suggests you don't profit off purchases made in here. I think that's what Timah was getting at.

Fair play...if that's the unwritten rule. But surely I can't be the only one that thinks that's a bit sus. Say you are lucky enough to jag a cracking deal on something because someone on here has dropped the shit out of the price because they want a quick sale, or if it's something that's just lying around in their garage taking up space and not getting used. Are you saying that if whatever you'd bought off this dude hasn't done the trick for you, you're obligated to sell it at his price just because he did so because of his particular circumstances that led to him offering it up cheaply. That'd be frustrating...I reckon. It's not like I'm racketeering here....

Steve
23rd June 2014, 08:04 PM
Fair play you say, some of us price things for others to have the chance to purchase, I would hate for someone to purchase an item that I have priced at good will just for the chance of a profit and not for the use of the item. Sorry to say it would be the last time I would sell to that person. And the same goes for those that may sell things at a known inflated price. Just my 2 bobs worth thanks

live4golf
23rd June 2014, 08:06 PM
Fair play...if that's the unwritten rule. But surely I can't be the only one that thinks that's a bit sus. Say you are lucky enough to jag a cracking deal on something because someone on here has dropped the shit out of the price because they want a quick sale, or if it's something that's just lying around in their garage taking up space and not getting used. Are you saying that if whatever you'd bought off this dude hasn't done the trick for you, you're obligated to sell it at his price just because he did so because of his particular circumstances that led to him offering it up cheaply. That'd be frustrating...I reckon. It's not like I'm racketeering here....

yes.

FWIW, I would suggest this post of yours will put you offside 90% of the forum members. This site is not about making profits...in your above scenario, what is wrong with breaking even?

Honestly, if you truly believe what you wrote then you are someone I would not deal with.

Lagerlover
23rd June 2014, 08:09 PM
The place isn't here to make money for you mate. If you have no intention of using it, don't buy it. ..

(Daves is the exception, his days are numbered).

FuzzyJuzzy
23rd June 2014, 08:12 PM
Fair play you say, some of us price things for others to have the chance to purchase, I would hate for someone to purchase an item that I have priced at good will just for the chance of a profit and not for the use of the item. Sorry to say it would be the last time I would sell to that person. And the same goes for those that may sell things at a known inflated price. Just my 2 bobs worth thanks

I agree with all of that mate. But I bought this to legitimately use - first tested in my 913D2, and then in my JetSpeed. Only after I decided that something with a different bend profile would suit me better did I decide to move it on. Me personally, I wouldn't be bothered simply buying something just to mark it up and resell it. Hell, you might as well just be one of those wankers who scalps tickets, which I'd never, ever do...

FuzzyJuzzy
23rd June 2014, 08:13 PM
The place isn't here to make money for you mate. If you have no intention of using it, don't buy it. ..

(Daves is the exception, his days are numbered).

Please see the comment I just made in response to Steve's...

KristianJ
23rd June 2014, 08:18 PM
http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/34110-Pro-Shop-Guidelines-READ-THIS-FIRST!

Guidelines 4 and 5, chaps. If all you've got are comments relating to the price, please refrain from posting.

3oneday
23rd June 2014, 08:18 PM
Yeah cmon, the guys trying to sell a shaft!!! Gee fellas :)

FuzzyJuzzy
23rd June 2014, 08:20 PM
I should say that I thought, based on prices I found on eBay for the same product, that the price I listed this for was rather fair. Didn't mean to rub anyone up the wrong way. This is the first item I've posted for sale on here...

Lagerlover
23rd June 2014, 08:23 PM
Postage to 4000??

FuzzyJuzzy
23rd June 2014, 08:23 PM
http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/34110-Pro-Shop-Guidelines-READ-THIS-FIRST!

Guidelines 4 and 5, chaps. If all you've got are comments relating to the price, please refrain from posting.

Thanks mate. I didn't read these guidelines. Does anyone have a RRP for the shafts were talking about here? Surely the RRPs are heaps more than the asking price here...

Lagerlover
23rd June 2014, 08:24 PM
Thanks mate. I didn't read these guidelines. Does anyone have a RRP for the shafts were talking about here? Surely the RRPs are heaps more than the asking price here...

Put the shovel away for Christ sake!

3oneday
23rd June 2014, 08:33 PM
RRP? what's that champ?

FuzzyJuzzy
23rd June 2014, 08:34 PM
Postage to 4000??

Dunno. Sounds like I'm going to get slagged off regardless of what price I say...

Lagerlover
23rd June 2014, 08:35 PM
So it's $100 plus postage?

FuzzyJuzzy
23rd June 2014, 08:41 PM
So it's $100 plus postage?

I was going to say $100 including postage...wonder how much flak that'll cop me...

FuzzyJuzzy
23rd June 2014, 08:45 PM
RRP? what's that champ?

Not saying I would be so dense as to list something here at RRP - surely no-one is that stupid, right? Just making the point that, as the guidelines say, this item is likely still being listed well below the retail price. Not sure it's even worth the trouble though...

live4golf
23rd June 2014, 08:51 PM
Not saying I would be so dense as to list something here at RRP - surely no-one is that stupid, right? Just making the point that, as the guidelines say, this item is likely still being listed well below the retail price. Not sure it's even worth the trouble though...

As much as I dislike going against authority, I think you mis-read item 4:

4. When on selling something purchased in the Ozgolf pro shop, there is the expectation that when you offer it in the Ozgolf Pro Shop it will be for the same price or less. We have the ability to try a lot of gear here at well below retail prices, due to the good will of a few. Please do not abuse this good will

when on-selling (you bought it on OG, you are selling on OG) there is an expectation it sells for the same or less. You are on selling

The only reference to retail price is the next sentence where it says we have the ability to try a lot of gear at well below retail, not prices are below RRP.

Good luck with your sale, FWIW I think 100 posted is about right.

FuzzyJuzzy
23rd June 2014, 09:06 PM
As much as I dislike going against authority, I think you mis-read item 4:

4. When on selling something purchased in the Ozgolf pro shop, there is the expectation that when you offer it in the Ozgolf Pro Shop it will be for the same price or less. We have the ability to try a lot of gear here at well below retail prices, due to the good will of a few. Please do not abuse this good will

when on-selling (you bought it on OG, you are selling on OG) there is an expectation it sells for the same or less. You are on selling

The only reference to retail price is the next sentence where it says we have the ability to try a lot of gear at well below retail, not prices are below RRP.

Good luck with your sale, FWIW I think 100 posted is about right.

Thanks mate. Point taken. Will think twice next time. Honestly didn't mean to fire everyone up...fair swag of drama for a Monday night right there...

golfbound
23rd June 2014, 09:19 PM
$100 posted is a fair price its a great stick, I just didnt have the power to load it

Bushka
23rd June 2014, 09:54 PM
You'll get into the swing of it. Nothing more satisfying than taking delivery of a driver that's been sold for the same price six times. The joy of seeing 6 different ozgolf names crossed out in black marker on the same box is a special kind of retarded kinship.

FuzzyJuzzy
23rd June 2014, 10:45 PM
In the interest of keeping the peace, if anyone wants this shaft the price now is $80 plus postage, which from memory is what I paid for it. Thinking I may hold onto it now though and see if I might be able to play myself into it one day...

Dotty
24th June 2014, 08:47 AM
It's a grey area, whether this is the same product sold for $80, with the new grip and the more popular Jetspeed driver tip (now that one in three on here used 'their' GolfBox code to get a discount).

Probably better advertised as 'Owes me $100', or 'Owes me $120, looking at $100'.

I totally agree with 'not for profit' vibe/rule.

aym
24th June 2014, 10:46 AM
In the interest of keeping the peace, if anyone wants this shaft the price now is $80 plus postage, which from memory is what I paid for it. Thinking I may hold onto it now though and see if I might be able to play myself into it one day...

I don't see a problem with you selling it at 100 posted with a new tip and grip... I think it's fair..

Ned
24th June 2014, 07:09 PM
This sold yet?

Webster
24th June 2014, 07:17 PM
Great thread.

FuzzyJuzzy
24th June 2014, 07:29 PM
This sold yet?

Not as yet. Kinda thought some of the comments might've turned off any potential buyers...

FuzzyJuzzy
24th June 2014, 07:30 PM
Great thread.

It's like an episode of Days Of Our Lives:).

live4golf
24th June 2014, 07:33 PM
There's someone on ISG who is interested in a Black Tie, I posted a link for your sale in their WTB thread. GLWS.

FuzzyJuzzy
24th June 2014, 07:37 PM
There's someone on ISG who is interested in a Black Tie, I posted a link for your sale in their WTB thread. GLWS.

Cheers mate. I've been in touch with that bloke, said he can have it for $80PP...