PDA

View Full Version : Do these people have money trees?

Tank33
21st June 2014, 07:20 PM
http://smh.domain.com.au/real-estate-news/darling-square-sells-out-off-the-plan-20140621-zsha6.html

"Darling Square is just something the city hasn't seen for many, many years, right at its heart," Mr Deck said as the buyers swarmed into the makeshift sales suite at the Powerhouse Museum.

"It's going to be a very very wonderful and exciting place to live."

CBRE chairman Justin Brown, whose team was in charge of the sales, wouldn't reveal how many had put down a holding deposit on one of the 357 apartments for sale on Saturday - or the prices achieved.

But Darling Square has been the talk of town, with other sources suggesting more than 900 had given CBRE the $10,000 deposit. Saturday morning was about sealing the deal - buyers discovered if they were given their first, second or third choice.

Domain witnessed no brawls, so clearly anyone who had missed out entirely wasn't invited along.

With prices believed to range from $700,000 for a one-bedder, $1 million for a two-bedder and $2 million for a three-bedder - and after the additional 181 pre-sales to VIP customers on the Lend Lease database - the first release would have achieved roughly a massive $650 million worth of sales.

MAZA68
21st June 2014, 07:54 PM
Expensive pad just to watch the NYE fireworks

Daves
21st June 2014, 07:59 PM
It is called position, position, position. They don't make it anymore...except in Dubai.

Captain Nemo
21st June 2014, 08:09 PM
Good investment if you ask me.
I bought a unit in Botany from the same company, same thing off the plan 18 months ago.
The agents rang me just before Xmas and asked me if I wanted to sell, I said no, he said they where selling for over $100k what I paid for it (which at the time I'd only paid $60k deposit....)
At $700k for a bedsitter I think that's outstanding value for the position.

Lagerlover
21st June 2014, 08:16 PM
Expensive pad Mate bought one of Elle McPherson's old ones... Got it for next to nothing.