PDA

View Full Version : Sydneysiders - TM Demo at Maq Uni driving range 27/7 6pm

hackin jim
12th July 2004, 08:09 AM
All,

There will be a TM demo session at Maquarie Uni driving range on Tuesday the 27th of July between 6 and 8 pm for those interested. I asked the guys up there what they will bring along and they said "everything". I am hoping that will include the R7 TP =P~ to have a play with.

Fishman Dan
12th July 2004, 09:03 AM
I'm there!!

I've hit the R7 before, and let's just say i'll take any chance i get ;)

Other than purchasing one of course :lol:

kwantfm
12th July 2004, 09:15 AM
Sounds worth a visit... hopefully see you guys out there.

Jarro
12th July 2004, 11:57 AM
if they have both the retail and TP versions of the R7 ... can one of you guys compare them and give us a review :?

I've been hitting the retail version for a few days now and it's awesome :o

just wondering if the TP version will be that much better :-k

burger
12th July 2004, 12:00 PM
I'll be doing my best to get there too .. .
Terence, any chance of bringing along spectrum & nemesis demo's?

goughy
12th July 2004, 02:26 PM
Hate to rain on your parade, but I'd be surprised if they have r7 tp's there. We had a demo day in toowoomba a few weeks ago, and it was spose to be one of the first tm demo days in australia with the retail r7. I'd be surprised if the r7 tp will be in aus for a while yet. :(

hackin jim
12th July 2004, 03:02 PM
Goughy, that is my fear as well. I have spoken to them the last two weeks to get more details but all they offer is vague "they'll bring everything" or "all their latest gear" :roll:

One thing in our favour is that a quick ring around Sydney golf stores says that the TPs will be in stock end of this week so hopefully one or two will make it to this session. :D

I plan to hound them a little closer to the event to see if they can ask the TM rep to be specific about what they're bringing....will keep those interested posted on developments. :wink:

Jarro
12th July 2004, 04:00 PM
....will keep those interested posted on developments. :wink:

yes please :D :wink:

kwantfm
12th July 2004, 08:48 PM
G'day burger,

Don't think that they would appreciate me bringing too many clubs... but if I do end up going then I'll at least try to bring one or two for you to try.

burger
13th July 2004, 10:10 AM
Ta Terence, That would be grand!!!
stu

hackin jim
13th July 2004, 10:40 AM
I'll be packin' the 580XD Tour as well for those who'd like a hit of it :)

Could turn out to be quite a session....lets hope the TM reps come to the party as well :roll:

hackin jim
26th July 2004, 10:14 AM
For those ozgolf sydneysiders getting along to this I plan to get there a bit before 6 for a warmup before hopefully lettin' loose on the r7 TP. I'll be the one in the white ANZ cap....hope to see some of you there. :)

Fishman Dan
26th July 2004, 10:40 AM
Nnnooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I'm heading to Wagga tomorrow arvo to attend a sales conference, so i'm going to miss this one. #-o

kwantfm
27th July 2004, 11:33 AM
I'm afraid that I'm still bailed up with a rather nasty cold at the moment so won't be heading out to the demo day this evening. Please let us know how the R7 TP performs.

Jarro
27th July 2004, 02:50 PM
Please let us know how the R7 TP performs.

What he said :wink:

burger
27th July 2004, 03:07 PM
I'm going to miss out too!!!! DAMMIT! :evil:
I missed the original notification about our (compulsory) company Qtrly meeting . . . .
They sent a reminder today and my manager also 'reminded' me it was on.

hackin jim
28th July 2004, 07:06 AM
Got along to the TM demo night at Maq Uni range last night.

I was really only interested in the r7 TP of which they had one. 9.5* w 757 stiff. Few 7 irons to warm up and then into the r7. First impressions of the club are :smt102 . Was certainly a good club but in short, it ain't knockin' the 580XD Tour out of the bag.

Heres my 2c anyway. Started with it setup neutral and I'd hit 4-5 with the r7 then 2-3 with the XD to compare. Gotta say the club looks good, not as clunky and "busy" as I expected. From the top it is pretty much the 510TP to look at. Ball flight and distance were good but found it a little "hard" of the face. This suprised me as the stock 757s are not tipped and was expecting this soft tip stiff shaft to play softer than it did. I've tried this same shaft in a 510TP and found it whippy. I tend to play a fade and that was what I was hitting with this setup. After about 10 hits I then changed the setup to a draw hoping for the r7 magic to give me a draw.... didn't notice any difference. In summary, good club but as they say, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

As they didn't have any 19* TP RMs to try I then decided to hit the RAC CB irons. They only had the 5 iron with a S300 shaft. Much like the r7, this was a nice club to hit but the 704s are going nowhere. I liken the RAC CBs to my old 690s....great if you hit it on the spot but no match for the 704s in terms of forgiveness and feel. The TM rep mentioned a new release of the 300 irons coming up in the next few months that is directly aimed at the 704 users.... 8)

Jarro
28th July 2004, 01:13 PM
did any of you guys compare the retail R7 to the TP version at all :?

Just wanted to know if there was any difference between the 2 :wink:

nick
28th July 2004, 03:16 PM
I think the only real difference between the R7 TP and normal R7 is that:

R7 has closed face while TP is square

R7 TP has way, way more combinations for ballflight

Nick

Jarro
28th July 2004, 03:35 PM
I think the only real difference between the R7 TP and normal R7 is that:

R7 has closed face while TP is square

R7 TP has way, way more combinations for ballflight

Nick

So have you hit one Nick :?:

I'd really like to know from someone that has actually hit one of these .... not read about it on BSG :P :lol:

nick
28th July 2004, 03:42 PM
I have hit both the TP and the normal version.

To be honest, I didn't find either of them great but the TP is better suited to my swing because of the square face.

What do you want to know about it?

Nick

Jarro
28th July 2004, 03:56 PM
Did you play around with the various weights :?:

apart from the fact that the TP has a square face ... what are the other main differences between the 2 :?

nick
28th July 2004, 04:08 PM
I didn't really play around with the weights too much cause I normally hit it how I want to 8) , but I didn't notice any change of ballflight with the R7 and TP models.

And apart from the fact that the TP has a square face, I didn't notice too many differenced, I found the TP went slighty lower and a little bit longer (the shaft though).

I liked the TP better cause it went lower and it had a square face, but not really that much difference interms of distance and ballflight.

Just pop a good shaft in your R7 and you pretty much have an R7 TP Jarro.

Nick