PDA

View Full Version : New Brisbane Public Course - Cannon Hill

MegaWatty
19th June 2014, 09:17 AM
http://m.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/brisbanes-southside-gets-new-18hole-public-golf-course-20140618-zsdnj.html

Gollfer69
19th June 2014, 10:28 AM
Been planned for more than a decade. I'll believe it when I see it.

Lagerlover
19th June 2014, 10:31 AM
Stupid place to put it...you're not allowed to hit golf balls there, so Im stuffed if I know how that's going to work!

3Puttpete
19th June 2014, 10:59 AM
Stupid place to put it...you're not allowed to hit golf balls there, so Im stuffed if I know how that's going to work!

If you hit "toward" Creek Rd you should be ok

skelz
19th June 2014, 09:31 PM
if it gets up will but some competition with Pacific and Wynnum

Lagerlover
19th June 2014, 09:34 PM
if it gets up will but some competition with Pacific and Wynnum

welcome skelz, and good first attempt.

straight across from beefy's, I think the site is perfect..
interested to see how they'll incorporate the cycling track throughout the course.

skelz
19th June 2014, 09:39 PM
Cheers Lagerlover.. I think ! lol.. I have been lurking around a while.. purchasing a bit off the forum...

Hux
19th June 2014, 10:04 PM
Pretty sure this Is the land that runs between Bunnings and down to Tingalpa Creek around Meadowlands Road.

As G69 says - this has been going on for 10 years. The green's kicked up a lot of stink as its koala habitat and it finally got past there challenges.

If its a public course on that clay based soil it will be ordinary as they won't invest the money in drainage that a commercial development might.
However I hope it gets up and is a good layout as I live a par 5 from the western edge of the site and I could see myself moving into a course estate as I near retirement.

Dcanto
19th June 2014, 10:10 PM
Is this going to be anywhere Richmond Road? My brother used to live nearby when he was working for AAMI about a decade ago. He mentioned that a golf course was planned for somewhere close by.

3Puttpete
19th June 2014, 10:14 PM
Is this going to be anywhere Richmond Road? My brother used to live nearby when he was working for AAMI about a decade ago. He mentioned that a golf course was planned for somewhere close by.

From what I can tell if Richmond Rd continued across Creek, that could be the entrance

Lagerlover
19th June 2014, 10:20 PM
Pretty sure this Is the land that runs between Bunnings and down to Tingalpa Creek around Meadowlands Road.

yep, when I heard that it was a old landfill site I only thought of the Wynnum rd park.

Ned
19th June 2014, 11:42 PM

Hux has already hit many a shank on the proposed site! :wink:

graham_w
20th June 2014, 06:52 AM
http://m.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/bmd-to-build-cannon-hill-golf-course-in-exchange-for-land-20140619-zsfh7.html

3Puttpete
20th June 2014, 09:05 AM
That doesn't sound promising