PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Champs - the car/cot pool.

Bruce
20th February 2006, 11:31 AM
I'm starting a thread here for those travelling up to link up with others for transport and accomodation around the Champs.

So here's me.

Travelling up: Thursday AM
Returning: Monday PM
Accomodation: Looking to share with others. Non smoking. Drinking. Low maintenance room mate. Only really looking for somewhere to sleep and possibly eat breakfast.
Travel: Probably going to get a hire car - looking to share with up to 3 others (if we can get one with a big enough boot)

Start linking up kids.

BrisWesty
20th February 2006, 09:59 PM
I'm approximately 30 minutes from both Bribie and Pac Harbour. I have two (2) noisy daughters who like waking up early.:sad: They do not understand the need to be quiet around people with hangovers :smt119 as their father pulls stumps at one glass of vino.
Stay with us at your peril! :-P

Moe Norman
20th February 2006, 10:11 PM
i can take a single at my place.

live on the other side of town but will obviously be driving.

I also own a unit at Caloundra that I may base myself from this particular weekend and depending on whether the wife (and by that stage newborn baby) join us, I can potentially host 3 people there.

I have a 4WD so transport is no issue.

AndyP
21st February 2006, 12:20 AM
I'll be coming from the Sunny Coast, but staying at Bribie for the night for the festivities. I have already got some preliminary plans to car pool with the goughster and possibly Jaster.

Jarro
21st February 2006, 03:21 AM
i'll be coming by myself ... stuff the rest of you.

markTHEblake
21st February 2006, 11:03 PM
I can give anyone a lift up from the Goldie just as long as his name doesn't rhyme with Blakey.

Well I guess that means Shavey is on his own then. Toss a coin for the drive home?

BrisVegas
22nd February 2006, 09:14 AM
Continuing the tradition of Cool-Tweed, I was planning to get up at 3:30am and drive 2+ hours to get there nice and fresh for the first 18.

Oh that's right, we're doing 36 over two days now... p00ftas.

Flowergirl
22nd February 2006, 09:20 PM
I'm looking for a nice resort style room.........spa, pool ,bar, etc etc.......any suggestions.....should we stay at Bribie for 5 days or so and make a bit of a holiday or is a weekend on Bribie about as much as you could spend without getting bored.
Obviously I have no friggin idea what Bribie is like. How far from Brisbane Airport is it? What's there to do? good resturants? Nice beaches???

goughy
22nd February 2006, 09:39 PM
I spose you would say it is at the bottom end of the sunshine coast. I'll be staying near maroochydore and I'd guess it's like an hour to bribie from there. It used to be a nice place when I was a kid and went on holidays there, but I don't really know much about it now. Most of the sunshine coast would be a close drive from there.

I'd think you could stay at somewhere like pelican waters or perigian springs or something (whatever they are called). I think they might be around the caloundra/kawana area. It'd only be a short drive from the north side of brisbane too.

Clikchic will be coming this year as we'll be staying with her parents. She'll be around for the saturday dinner. I tried to convince her to come to the golf on saturday if we could get her a cart and she could zoom around and meet more of the ozgolfers in their natural habitat. But she said she dosen't want to intrude and disrupt and will just head down for the dinner.

Grunt
23rd February 2006, 08:10 AM
If we come we will more than likely be staying on Bribie, my aunty lives there, actually not far from Bribie Golf Club.

Trung
23rd February 2006, 08:16 AM
i'm jealous

drunken
23rd February 2006, 08:37 AM
Bloody trung. Who am I supposed to room with now??!!!

BrisVegas
23rd February 2006, 08:37 AM
i'm jealous
yeah, sorry mate. I voted for the date that you could make it to..... :(

Trung
23rd February 2006, 08:59 AM
Bloody trung. Who am I supposed to room with now??!!! Take your pick, I reckon Blakey woould be cool :twisted:

AndyP
23rd February 2006, 09:14 AM
I'd think you could stay at somewhere like pelican waters or perigian springs or something (whatever they are called). I think they might be around the caloundra/kawana area.
Pelican Waters - Caloundra
Peregian Springs - between Coolum and Noosa

FG, I don't know if you could find enough entertainment on Bribie for a whole week, unless you were just planning on relaxing, although it has probably come ahead with new estates popping up. Maybe you should do some googling on it.

amanda
26th February 2006, 04:23 PM
FG - we are hoping to do some bushwalking up there too - looks fantastic.

Our details:

Going up Friday AM, coming home Monday lunchtime/afternoon (tbc) - so staying 3 nights on Bribie Island.
I don't think I'd recommend any OzGolfers sharing a car with us - Brad's a very "on-the-edge-of-your-seat" sort of driver.

amanda
27th February 2006, 01:02 PM
Lookout - brad and amanda will be sharing a 2 bedroom penthouse apartment with FG and john :-D

brad
27th February 2006, 01:15 PM
FG - we are hoping to do some bushwalking up there too - looks fantastic.

Our details:

Going up Friday AM, coming home Monday lunchtime/afternoon (tbc) - so staying 3 nights on Bribie Island.
I don't think I'd recommend any OzGolfers sharing a car with us - Brad's a very "on-the-edge-of-your-seat" sort of driver.

Gee thanks, although you everyone should to try and wring the guts out of all hire cars :smt002

connico
27th February 2006, 01:26 PM
Since the champs are during october ill be driving up on my holiday, doing a roadtrip with mates during that time so ill be beaching and golfing, hopefully ill be driving a new car by then instead of my commadore....should be getting a new car in april...regardless ill be staying anywhere...ill organise accomdation when i get up there, its not really during any busy season so i should be fine unless advised otherwise?

Flowergirl
27th February 2006, 02:34 PM
Lookout - brad and amanda will be sharing a 2 bedroom penthouse apartment with FG and john :-D

Just hope John doesn't start his sleep walking tricks again. Only seems to happen when we share with other couples. Strange:shock: :smt002 :-D

Flowergirl
27th February 2006, 02:52 PM
Just hope John doesn't start his sleep walking tricks again. Only seems to happen when we share with other couples. Strange:shock: :smt002 :-D

And it isn't Mandy who should be worried.:mrgreen:

amanda
27th February 2006, 03:09 PM
FG - you'll just have to tie him to the bed! ;)

Flowergirl
27th February 2006, 03:38 PM
FG - you'll just have to tie him to the bed! ;)

and guess what ........I ain't gunna reply what you all expect me to....:twisted:

Jarro
27th February 2006, 03:41 PM
we knew what you were thinking though ;)

brad
28th February 2006, 01:19 PM
And it isn't Mandy who should be worried.:mrgreen:

:smt103 ... ahhh Mandy, maybe we should talk about this.... :shock:

amanda
28th February 2006, 02:39 PM
:smt103 ... ahhh Mandy, maybe we should talk about this.... :shock:
Don't worry - I was planning to lock the door anyway ;)

Flowergirl
28th February 2006, 05:57 PM
Be afraid...........be very afraid...............

Flowergirl
28th February 2006, 06:17 PM
As I've always said....guys are great but there's nothing like the real thing.............oops......another post I'm going to have to edit in the cold dawn of reality.....

Flowergirl
28th February 2006, 08:54 PM
????????? you're too clever for me G69

BrisWesty
28th February 2006, 11:09 PM
I hope you guys dont tucker yourselves out for the 2nd round....yes..I said tucker.

Reminds me of the Coupling episode, where whistling is taken as a euphemism for masturbation, and Steve's girlfriend's father advises Steve to not whistle all day or when Susan comes home, he'll be too tired to pucker.

connico
1st March 2006, 11:48 AM
hahahaha lol i yeah i watch coupling, it didnt really make it to australia did it?

connico
1st March 2006, 12:23 PM
So yeah iv finalised that i will be driving up and making a long weekend out of it, leaving friday morning and should be getting up there by friday night...

Anyone have a good hotel or motel to sleep around there, not doing the road trip with mates now just going to go up there and play golf...

amanda
1st March 2006, 01:58 PM
Shazza & pete, Keza & Scotty, FG & John and brad and myself are staying at Fairways Retreat:

http://www.fairwaysretreat.com.au/

There are also a few more links in the main post on the champs (the Where/When post)

connico
1st March 2006, 03:39 PM
na im not a fan of resort accomodation, still im not a fan of sleeping my car lol :) might have to bring a missus up to take full advantage of the trip away lol, gotta find on first but lol

Moe Norman
1st March 2006, 03:40 PM
connico if you are a single, you can have the spare room at my place depending where we have the newborn.

connico
1st March 2006, 03:42 PM
done, ill even cook the dinners while im there lol.... :) or you can just have room and board? :)

Moe Norman
1st March 2006, 03:43 PM
in fact I may even base myself on the coast for the weekend, have a spare room there also, so makes little difference, but Caloundra is marginally closer to Bribie than Graceville.

connico
1st March 2006, 03:49 PM
lol anywhere as long as i have a floor to sleep on lol...regardless id be happy to say but dont you rent these places out?

Moe Norman
1st March 2006, 03:55 PM
i live in my house in graceville so I don't rent it out.

The unit I recently purchased on the coast is for me and my family/friends to use, so we have chosen not to rent it out. I bought it in partnership with my brother in law.

that way if we feel like heading up the coast we can without worrying about where to stay. I used to have a unit on the gold coast that we rented out and everytime I wanted to use it, the agent would tell me it's booked! I'd have to book it months ahead, which was frustrating. Not the agents fault, they were just doing their job!

connico
1st March 2006, 03:57 PM
well thats cool, if you willing to take me on, ill do the cooking if needed or the dishes...whatever, or even pay house and board for the 1 or 2 nights im there depending on when i arrive..either friday night or saturday morning

Moe Norman
1st March 2006, 04:26 PM
no board required, happy for you to cook though!

connico
1st March 2006, 05:07 PM
yeah cookings easy, ill make a something viet, a specialty... :)

goughy
7th March 2006, 06:49 PM
I realise we don't have a thread started for people interested in going to the champs. My mate steve who came to bribie last year is interested in playing the champs weekend too if there is room. He'd be staying with us.

BrisVegas
7th March 2006, 08:25 PM
bring Steve along Goughy. He's a good bloke.

Davemason
12th March 2006, 12:39 PM
I'm going to at this stage drive up on Saturday don't care where I stay that night or Sunday night and then travel back to Bundy on the Monday

Moe Norman
12th March 2006, 01:08 PM
room at mine Dave

connico
12th March 2006, 06:39 PM
hehe yeah i do need a roomie lol unless thommo has more rooms than that playboy mansion lol

Moe Norman
12th March 2006, 07:01 PM
2 bedroom unit, so comfortably sleeps 4 at least.

AndyP
13th March 2006, 10:35 AM
Except it's three quarters of an hour away from where the drinking will be taking place.

connico
13th March 2006, 10:45 AM
we just need to draw straws to see who will be drinking coke all night?... or ill do it lol

Moe Norman
13th March 2006, 11:06 AM
AndyP it takes 45 minutes from Caloundra to Bribie? are you walking or something?

AndyP
13th March 2006, 11:08 AM
AndyP it takes 45 minutes from Caloundra to Bribie? are you walking or something?
I believe we are staying on the oceanside of Bribie. Regardless, I'm staying on Bribie where the action is, and not even considering spending the night on the Coast.

Moe Norman
13th March 2006, 11:25 AM
i'm staying where it costs me nothing, I'll drink hard and the cad fare will be cheaper than a hotel room, especially split 3 ways.

connico
13th March 2006, 11:45 AM
or i can just drive, iv cut down on drinking

BrisVegas
13th March 2006, 12:59 PM
I'm staying on Bribie where the action is...

Now there's a sentence I never thought I'd read...

brad
13th March 2006, 01:01 PM
Now there's a sentence I never thought I'd read...

Is there something about Bribie that we should know about ?

AndyP
13th March 2006, 02:13 PM
Is there something about Bribie that we should know about ?
Retiree central.

BrisWesty
13th March 2006, 05:49 PM
There's room for a couple of people to doss down on our floor(s) if necessary.

brad
14th March 2006, 01:19 PM
Retiree central.

Aaahhhhhh. Maybe I'll just take a look around for when I retire at 40 :)

connico
14th March 2006, 01:49 PM
you wanna retire at 40??? keep dreaming skip! :)

brad
14th March 2006, 01:51 PM
.... "for without dreams there is no reality."

Just made that up, but if someone said it first, I'm happy to give them credit. :)

connico
14th March 2006, 01:56 PM
yeah someone said that or said something to the same effect but ill give that one to you

Jarro
15th March 2006, 05:07 PM
let's book the Penthouse 8)

.... then we can have a rooftop BBQ and nude spa experience ;)

AndyP
15th March 2006, 05:09 PM
I haven't booked anything yet. I guess it's time to start thinking about it.

Jarro
15th March 2006, 05:11 PM
we couldn't get any accom that was closer to the course could we ???

;)

Jarro
15th March 2006, 05:18 PM
agreed.

how many you reckon we could squeeze into that spa ???

AndyP
15th March 2006, 05:19 PM
Any chance of strippers being allowed there?

Jarro
15th March 2006, 05:24 PM
can't see why not.

all we gotta do is pump Shazza and keza full of **** and we'll be right ;)

AndyP
15th March 2006, 05:34 PM
So....how do you see saturday nights events unfolding ?
Not sure, but I'd like to still have my underwear on when I wake up.

Jarro
15th March 2006, 05:35 PM
big BBQ around the spa/pool till 9pm ... then hit the pub 8)

amanda
15th March 2006, 05:35 PM
I thought Shaz and Pete and mandy had booked something.

Yep - we've made our booking for a 2 bedroom apartment to share with FG & John.

I chatted with Keza a few weeks ago regarding the huge 4 bedroom penthouse and she was going to talk with Pete about it. Not sure what they've organise (or not organised) since then.

shazza_rs
15th March 2006, 05:37 PM
can't see why not.

all we gotta do is pump Shazza and keza full of **** and we'll be right ;)

Hey i don't strip when I get drunk... i just become louder and more sarcastic... if that is possible ;)

Jarro
15th March 2006, 05:40 PM
Hey i don't strip when I get drunk... i just become louder and more sarcastic... if that is possible ;)

sorry, must be Pete that gets his gear off then ;)

shazza_rs
we haven't organised accomodation yet..... Keza's folks might be coming to look after the rugrats so we don't know how big a place we need.

Don't think we will be getting the penthouse....... too much money for a place that i'm not going to be spending much time in.

shazza_rs
sorry, must be Pete that gets his gear off then ;)

nobody needs to see that..... :)

Moe Norman
15th March 2006, 05:41 PM
so Jarro, what do those 4 *'s represent? Could be anything....

terryand
15th March 2006, 05:42 PM

Oh Crap. You where as quiet as a mouse when you where sitting on my bed at 2am down the Tweed:-?

Terry.

shazza_rs
15th March 2006, 05:46 PM
but i wasn't that p!ssed tez... had a lot more room to go... in fact I did go the extra distance in the comfort of my own room.

Jarro
15th March 2006, 05:47 PM
in fact I did go the extra distance in the comfort of my own room.

that must be why Pete had such a shocker then :roll:

connico
15th March 2006, 05:51 PM
sounds good, plans might change since the champs are so far away lol

AndyP
15th March 2006, 05:53 PM
Ok jarro that sounds lieka great plan....golf...bbq at the fairways joint....those in contention can go to bed at 9 and others can hit the slops at either the pub or surf club at Woorim. (i'll be at the pub)
I'll be in that for sure. Anyone who pikes at 9 is soft.

Jarro
15th March 2006, 05:53 PM
no way mate, they're locked in 8)

amanda
15th March 2006, 06:00 PM
Some prices for anyone who's interested at staying at Fairways - I've costed each bedroom (which sleeps 2) . The first column is the price you'd pay for 2 nights, the 2nd is the price for 1 night

1 bedroom apartment $240 / $140
2 bedroom apartment $142.50 / $85
2 bedroom penthouse $185 / $105
3 bedroom apartment $117 / $63
4 bedroom penthouse $138 / can't stay for single night
4 bdrm executive p/h $150 / can't stay for single night

OK - so if I did it per person (staying Fri, Sat / Sat only):

1 bedroom apartment $120 / 70
2 bedroom apartment $71.25 / 42.50
2 bedroom penthouse $92.50 / 52.50
3 bedroom apartment $58.50 / 31.50
4 bedroom penthouse $69
4 bdrm executive p/h $75

So for example, if Jono wanted to share a room with TS in a 3 bedroom apartment for Friday and Saturday nights, they'd pay $58.50 each (for the 2 nights - that's $29.25 per night).

Some small catches - the main bedroom in each of the apartments is a Queen - not sure any people going up on their own would feel comfortable sharing a bed with an Ozgolfer! But works out perfectly for all the couples (shazza & pete, keza & scott, amanda & brad, FG & john).

The other bedrooms have 2 single beds in them. You'd have to confirm this with the 4 bedroom penthouses - I believe the bedding config is 1 QB, 1 DB, 2 rooms with 2 singles in each.

terryand
15th March 2006, 06:02 PM
Certainly alot more that the $30 -$40 a night we paid at the Tweed.

Terry.

terryand
15th March 2006, 06:05 PM
Tez,
One night in the 3 bedder $190 . Sleeps 4.... less than 50 a head.

Not the way Amanda worked it out above.

terry.

shazza_rs
15th March 2006, 06:06 PM
Not the way Amanda worked it out above.

terry.

I didn't get her breakdown either.

terryand
15th March 2006, 06:09 PM
Although,I think the way 9'er broke it down,someone will be sleeping with a mate :shock:

terry.

amanda
15th March 2006, 06:16 PM
I've edited the post - hopefully it's a bit more clear (I wish you could build tables in the post!)

amanda
15th March 2006, 06:21 PM
g69 - the receptionist at Fairways told me that only 1 of the 3 bedroom apartments had QB, DB, 2 singles - she said that all of the others were only 1 QB plus the rest singles. Not sure if she was pulling my chain or not!

CobraSS
15th March 2006, 06:32 PM
you and jarrho, tezza?

after all you did both have a recent trip to Sydney together :smt055

terryand
15th March 2006, 07:04 PM
you and jarrho, tezza?

after all you did both have a recent trip to Sydney together :smt055

But it wasn't an overnighter :-s

Terry.

markTHEblake
18th March 2006, 12:18 AM
Mandy,
The 3 bedders actually sleep 4.
A queen, a double and 2 singles. This is after a rigourous "scissors paper rock" to sortout who's got what !

the mind boggles at the thought of two ozgolfers sleeping in the same bed.

replace Neal with Damoocow and Del with Macleod

[waking up after sharing the same bed on the motel]
Neal: Del... Why did you kiss my ear?
Del: Why are you holding my hand?
Neal: [frowns] Where's your other hand?
Del: Between two pillows...
Neal: Those aren't pillows!

brad
18th March 2006, 07:14 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

macleod
18th May 2006, 03:29 PM
:D ah tis too true..sure flat pillows, but all the same..

I'm going to crash at bongaree caravan park in my tent, plenty of bbq's there as well althought sans the allure of the nicer Fairways place

ps. there are 2! Bowls club, and an RSL next door, one 300m down the road ;) :lol:

they do have cabins as well for about $75 a night.

macleod
18th May 2006, 03:29 PM
http://www.bongareecaravanpark.com.au/

markTHEblake
18th May 2006, 04:11 PM
spare room in the tent?

AndyP
18th May 2006, 04:12 PM
Let me just say up front, that I am not helping any of you guys pitch a tent!

connico
18th May 2006, 04:39 PM
i got a 4 man tent if you wanna borrow it..its pretty roomie...but i think moe still is gonna let me stay at his place..so i wont need it.. muahaha

Grunt
18th May 2006, 05:38 PM
Not sure of my plans yet. Might stay at the caravan Park too. Idea is to drop Rachelle & Tayla at her Mum's place in Currumbin on the Friday and drive on up.

macleod
19th May 2006, 09:10 AM
Let me just say up front, that I am not helping any of you guys pitch a tent!
:D

well perhaps if i picture you slowly undoing your shorts and bending over in front of us in a saucy come-hither manner....

macleod
22nd May 2006, 10:41 AM
cmon, any more campers?

you can book without deposit for those dates, penty o spots available near the Tent of Doom...

Jarro
22nd May 2006, 02:51 PM
i think i'll just drive home after the saturday round and meet you all on the tee for sundays game.

AndyP
22nd May 2006, 02:52 PM
Booooooooooooo!

connico
22nd May 2006, 03:11 PM
Not sure of my plans yet. Might stay at the caravan Park too. Idea is to drop Rachelle & Tayla at her Mum's place in Currumbin on the Friday and drive on up.

You driving up there bro?

macleod
22nd May 2006, 03:24 PM
i think i'll just drive home after the saturday round and meet you all on the tee for sundays game.

hey, can we camp in your backyard then? :D

bbq and furniture breaking at jarro's satday :lol:

macleod
22nd May 2006, 03:25 PM
Booooooooooooo!

HiSSSSSSSSSSSSSsssssSSSsssss!!!

WUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :D

Jarro
22nd May 2006, 03:26 PM
mate..do a search on Ebay for "testicles" or "aggotts". You are in dire need my friend.

this coming from a bloke who's missed the last 2 champs :roll:

Jarro
22nd May 2006, 03:43 PM
I was unable to attend on medical grounds....not gonadless grounds.

that's right , medical grounds = spineless.

BrisVegas
22nd May 2006, 08:45 PM
mate..do a search on Ebay for "testicles" or "aggotts". You are in dire need my friend.

no luck with "aggotts"....

however "testicles" turned up a few hits!

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&from=R10&satitle=testicles&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&bs=Search&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=ZIP%2FPostal&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1&fsoo=1

damoocow
22nd May 2006, 09:11 PM
Can't say I really want to troll through 7 pages of the usual ****e to find out accom options.........so looking to share with anyone , any form of accomm [except a tent]...do not want to drive home Saturday !.....want to get pi$$ed Sat night with the usual suspects and not have to go far to crash before the money round on Sun morning......I come with outstanding references [have shared with Macca last 2 champs so can put up with anything !!!! but draw the line at a tent.............any offers?

damoocow

AndyP
23rd May 2006, 08:06 AM
I'll be staying at the Fairways resort (the one at Bribie GC) and will be looking for a couple of roomies.

AndyP
23rd May 2006, 08:25 AM
Looking back at the prices here for Fairways Retreat:
http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?p=86674#86674

I'm prepared to book a room now, possibly a 2 bedroom apartment, which from what I can gather will have a Queen size bed, and two singles. Plus I'll try to bring an airbed.

http://www.fairwaysretreat.com.au/low.htm

$170 for the room, which will have at least 4, so $42.50 each.
If the numbers are interested, I'll book a 3 bdrm @ $190 which should house at least 5, inc airbed, at $38 each.

Please forward your nominations immediately.....

damoocow
23rd May 2006, 08:54 AM
Andy count me in any form of accomm BUT NO TENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

damoocow

macleod
23rd May 2006, 09:33 AM
I was unable to attend on medical grounds....not gonadless grounds.

Touché!

AndyP
23rd May 2006, 10:14 AM
Looks like Shave and I will travel together from the Gold Coast...and possibly jack if he's living up here by then.
We haven't booked anything yet but will probably stay at the Fairways Resort. We're on the lookout for a 3rd to share but will be quite selective in our choice. No snorers, farters, or jibberers.
Kind of cuts the field down a lot doesn't it ?
I'm no longer staying at Fairways, as I've had a better offer, but would you be prepared to take in Damo instead.

Bruce
23rd May 2006, 11:14 AM
Jsut to reiterate that I am looking to share at the Fairways.

macleod
23rd May 2006, 12:20 PM
f) not eat dodgy surf-n-turf, thereby avoiding having to call god on the great white telephone the next morning

g) not seek to imply other accommodation mates will snore, and then proceed to produce subsonic vibrations that loosen the heads of all clubs in the near vicinity and recall memories of a flatulent herd of migrating wildebeest (flatulent effects on air quality included...)

macleod
23rd May 2006, 12:23 PM
Andy count me in any form of accomm BUT NO TENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

damoocow

cmon damo.

they have nice cabins at bongaree for just $75, sleeps three ;)

Bruce
23rd May 2006, 12:57 PM
Given my recent form on the weekend's golf trip I can offer.

a - probably
b - yes
c - I'm a fairly early starter when I need an AGB so yes
d - no chance
e - I'm not even sure my video works - will DVDs do?
f - won't be having the S&T but still might need a conversation with Hubert
g - I think we'd best all embace our apnea and learn to live with it.

damoocow
23rd May 2006, 02:00 PM
Can we get a 3 brm at fairways to accommodate G69 / moo / shavemeister/bruce??------or do we have too many personal problems with each other?
damoocow

Jarro
23rd May 2006, 02:57 PM
given me the flick already golfer69 :roll:

Jarro
23rd May 2006, 03:31 PM
oh, i get it .. you thought i was fair dinkum :roll:

D1cky .... get your head outta your a4se mate ..... you've been on the painkillers too long

Jarro
23rd May 2006, 03:42 PM
you'll need me there to help get some young chicks in the room.

in case you haven't looked in the mirror lately, you got a head like a monkeys a4se :shock:

shavey
23rd May 2006, 09:11 PM
sometimes there is nothing better than sitting back and watch a thread unfold ;)

i don't mind who we share with, just as they don't give excuses why nsw lost this years state of origin and how the australian cricket team is lucky to even have one qld in the team

markTHEblake
23rd May 2006, 10:55 PM
I'll be bringing my DVD entitled "13,476 bad umpiring decisions that cost Collingwood premierships and brownlows - Part 2"

Jarro
24th May 2006, 05:22 AM
enjoy your time ALONE in your SINGLE ROOM Blakey

Flowergirl
26th May 2006, 10:12 AM
Sometimes it's good to be a bit slack. I have been meaning to book our flights for a few weeks now. Keep on putting it off. Have just book with Jetstar - "friend fly for free" deal. Return flights for both John and I for $206.00. :shock: Fantastic!!!!!:mrgreen: Even made Bruce an offical "friend" and got his up flight for $49.50. How good is that!!

PeteyD
26th May 2006, 11:30 AM
I was going to bring up my Reasons To Hate Collingwood Part 3 Boxed set but don't think I can fit 2500 DVD's in the car with the golf clubs ... ;)

Moe Norman
26th May 2006, 01:58 PM
blakey: got a bunk bed??

Bruce
26th May 2006, 04:38 PM
Love your work Reenie! Now I just gotta get home cheap too.

goughy
26th May 2006, 05:00 PM
Wonder how much room fg has in the bottom of her golf bag???

Flowergirl
27th May 2006, 10:22 AM
Wonder how much room fg has in the bottom of her golf bag???

What???? Do you think my middle name is Shappel?????

Grunt
27th May 2006, 10:50 AM
Well I was talking about this with Rachelle last night and she has decided not to come up at all. So I will be travelling up alone, who wants to car pool with me?

amanda
27th May 2006, 04:39 PM
Grunt - I think connico was going to drive

Moe Norman
28th May 2006, 07:35 PM
Connico is driving and staying at my place - there is room for more if need be.

990B Luva
29th May 2006, 06:57 PM
i am now looking for a room to share cause Keza and Scotty have bailed

Jarro
29th May 2006, 07:03 PM
i am now looking for a room to share cause Keza and Scotty have bailed

golfer69 is looking for a roomie ;)

Grunt
29th May 2006, 08:02 PM
I am still not sure what I am doing about the accom part of the weekend.

brad
30th May 2006, 01:26 PM
Better hurry Grant, there's only 5 months in which to do so....:)

Jarro
30th May 2006, 02:55 PM
i'm sure we'll be able to find you a bed/lounge/floor option somewhere Grant ;)

990B Luva
30th May 2006, 03:40 PM
Jarro, there is no way i am sharing a room with 69'er
, but anywhere theres grog, i will be there (18 this year hehehehehe)

Iain
10th July 2006, 02:24 PM
I'll share with 69'er?? I no longer snore, so that shouldn't be an issue. :D

dc68
10th July 2006, 02:44 PM
Will also be looking for somewhere to camp floor/couch fine, as by the sounds of champs past there is enough Pi$$ consumed to fall asleep anywhere. So if someone is looking for a roomie let me know.

BrisWesty
28th July 2006, 04:49 PM
Disregard staying at Koolamara Resort. I drove past it (or where it used to be) today, and it is GAWWWNNN!

AndyP
29th August 2006, 12:09 PM
Well, I did have my Champs weekend planned nicely. I was going to leave the missus at the outlaws on the Sunshine Coast, which would enable me to have the car for the whole weekend.

The outlaws have stuffed that plan, by booking an overseas holiday for then, which means the missus will now stay in Brisbane and I won't get the car. Doh!

I'm still playing of course, but I'm going to have to make alternate plans now, which may or may not include bumming a lift.

Bruce
29th August 2006, 12:55 PM
Well, I did have my Champs weekend planned nicely. I was going to leave the missus at the outlaws on the Sunshine Coast, which would enable me to have the car for the whole weekend.

The outlaws have stuffed that plan, by booking an overseas holiday for then, which means the missus will now stay in Brisbane and I won't get the car. Doh!

I'm still playing of course, but I'm going to have to make alternate plans now, which may or may not include bumming a lift.

My plans (such as they are) should be able to help you out there I think.

Grunt
29th August 2006, 02:08 PM
Andy
I will have my car and at this stage there are spare seats. A little closer to the event and I will have confirmed my leave from work, therefore confirming my ability to give you a lift.

AndyP
29th August 2006, 02:25 PM
Guys, we'll discuss closer to the date. Thanks for the offer.

dc68
29th August 2006, 02:36 PM
Andy
I will have my car and at this stage there are spare seats. A little closer to the event and I will have confirmed my leave from work, therefore confirming my ability to give you a lift.

If there is room could I please register interest in a lift also.:smt002

Jarro
29th August 2006, 02:40 PM
Me too ;)

Grunt
29th August 2006, 02:46 PM
Wow, maybe I could put the spot up on Ebay :p.

dc68
29th August 2006, 03:02 PM
This all depends on what time you would be passing through Brisneyland of course, it seems from other threads you might be planning on being up the coast on friday morning....if so I would be scratched could not go up until friday night at the earliest.....bugger.

Grunt
29th August 2006, 03:09 PM
Might stay on the GC for the early part of the week at this stage. Hoping to crash at MIL's place.

Bruce
29th August 2006, 05:23 PM
I wonder if the van might be the go then...

And is there anywhere that has a MASSIVE breakfast available? Need to fuel up for the day.

connico
30th August 2006, 10:09 AM
Ill be driving up from sydney leaving after work, i hope to make the 1/2 way mark by the time i need to sleep and finish the trip up to moes place by friday afternoon, including some stop overs sight seeing and eating...

Moe have i still got a bed?

Ducky
30th August 2006, 03:28 PM
I'll be walking. I'm leaving now...

Grunt
30th August 2006, 03:31 PM
Can you fit my clubs in with you, Ducky? no room in my car ;)

shavey
4th October 2006, 05:43 PM
Will there be anybody coming down via the Sunshine Coast on the Saturday morning?

I'm going to be at Coolum and need a lift down.

AndyP
4th October 2006, 06:37 PM
PM Goughy (Bli Bli) or prmeier (Hervey Bay), Shavey.

goughy
4th October 2006, 07:10 PM
Sorry, but I am a certainty to not make the champs now.

Jarro
5th October 2006, 04:38 PM
c'mon Goughy, lift your game son [-X

Eag's
9th October 2006, 01:24 PM
Lads,

I better get around to booking something....
At the moment me and Shavey are sharing a room but there is room for a couple more...anyone keen ?

Rich I will join you guys if that is ok?

poidda
9th October 2006, 02:42 PM
I'm keen as well if there's still room.

poidda
9th October 2006, 03:53 PM
funnily enough, but non-snoring sounds like the option to me.

Jarro
9th October 2006, 04:25 PM
Who's got the Queen ?

Fishman Dan
9th October 2006, 04:44 PM
Are Centrebet also doing odds for the TurkeySlap giver/receiver?

terryand
9th October 2006, 04:44 PM
Just give the queen to the guy how looks most like Elton John.

Mmmmmmm Glasses, chunky...Yes we have a winner :-s

Terry.

Jarro
9th October 2006, 04:46 PM
Thanks jarro...I had a bet on centrebet that you'd respond with that. Not that you're predicatable or anything.

What odds are they giving you for a 13 on the 2nd at PH ?

PeteyD
9th October 2006, 04:52 PM
Time to dig up moes review and check out the 2nd

shavey
9th October 2006, 04:54 PM
Well seeing I'm the tallest and largest, the queen would be preferred.

I just don't want to relive the childhood horrors of a single bed that was never big enough :)

Also, the Studpalace will double up as the No Limit Holdem' Den if that's okay by my roomies...

Flowergirl
9th October 2006, 05:01 PM
I'm already getting the vibe that this room will be the hub of most post midnight entertainments / nightcaps....well after were done with the spa in mandy's penthouse.

Maybe I need to cancel that credit card security I just gave them.

Oi.......that's mandy and reenies spa. You'll have to get through security before you get hot, wet and naked in our room.

shavey
9th October 2006, 05:18 PM
And I'll wear a merkin :)

BrisWesty
9th October 2006, 08:07 PM
I think that game at ocean Shores was new years eve 2003...you're living in the past man...move on !
...and Elton John....where the hell did that come from. I'll have you know I'm often mistaken for Richard Gere !

Gere or Gerbil?

Shavey, it's good to be the Queen.

As for Saturday evening activities, I think I'll put on the smoking suit and slippers, get the pipe, read Saturday's paper and have a dignified and early Saturday night at home in preparation for Sunday's game! [Who is this person and who gave him access to ozgolf?]

Flowergirl
9th October 2006, 08:52 PM
And I'll wear a merkin :)

Is that why you're Shavey? :shock: Must itch.:smt087

terryand
9th October 2006, 09:29 PM
Gere or Gerbil?

Shavey, it's good to be the Queen.

As for Saturday evening activities, I think I'll put on the smoking suit and slippers, get the pipe, read Saturday's paper and have a dignified and early Saturday night at home in preparation for Sunday's game! [Who is this person and who gave him access to ozgolf?]

Sorry Westy, instant 2 shot penalty :-s

Terry.

Moe Norman
9th October 2006, 09:48 PM
hey all,

can't recall who I offered a bed to, but at this stage it still stands but this could change. My apologies.

the mrs has been having a few troubles, and may be accompanying me to the unit with bubs, and has indicated she'd prefer it to be just us if this is the case.

will know more soon.

Grunt
11th October 2006, 09:20 PM
So Bruce, you want a lift to Bribie after the Nudgee round. Just trying to make sure I dont fill the car up with offers and not know who is coming or not.

Moe Norman
11th October 2006, 10:12 PM
gents,

I have the caloundra unti and 3 spare beds, but I'm becoming dead keen on staying at Bribie, especially after taking everyones cash during the poker.

any spare rooms at fairways?

Grunt
11th October 2006, 10:14 PM
Maybe with us Moe. Will try and work it out.

AndyP
11th October 2006, 10:17 PM
What happened to the cab plan, Moe?
It's much better hanging around. Don't expect much sleep though.

We're introducing a penalty shot system for the Sunday.

1 hours sleep = 1 shot penalty
2 hours sleep = 2 shot penalty
5 hours sleep = 5 shot penalty

I think you all get the picture.

Moe Norman
11th October 2006, 10:44 PM
cab wasn't part of the plan, connico was going to drive.

but i'd rather take the cash in the poker

connico
17th October 2006, 04:30 PM
yeah ill still be driving around...

Regardless, since i'll not be staying at moe's, ill any room at fairways?

So thats room for me and moe...we might just get another room..maybe, wat you reckon moe?

Moe Norman
17th October 2006, 05:00 PM
anyone else homeless? I'm keen

terryand
25th October 2006, 09:23 AM
Does anyone need/want a lift up on Saturday?

I will be leaving Oxley around 9.30/10.00 am, so I can be there to get pics of everyone on the range and putting green.

Terry.

AndyP
25th October 2006, 09:36 AM
Iain is currently giving me a lift.
He is leaving a bit earlier and I also wouldn't have to transfer my gear between cars. However, Iain is going out of his way.

Hmmm, I'll think on it, and we can discuss further this evening.

poidda
25th October 2006, 09:46 AM
Actually, I could do with a lift back to Brisbane on Sunday. It'd save the Mrs a second trip to Bribie. I live in the Morningside area, but can get dropped anywhere convenient.

poidda
25th October 2006, 10:03 AM
Cheers g69. I'll take you up on that. But I wont need the TAB after cards Saturday night. :)

connico
25th October 2006, 10:50 AM
Moe ill get a room at fairways, if your still homeless you can stay with me mate... anyone else that is homeless is welcome also

connico
25th October 2006, 03:44 PM
Ok it looks like im not staying at fairways resort and ill be staying instead at onthebeach resort.... which is like 3something for the two nights, ill have 2 singles spare if anyone needs them as they are putting me in a 4 bedroom unit for the price for one! :P

steverawlo
25th October 2006, 04:06 PM
Ok it looks like im not staying at fairways resort and ill be staying instead at onthebeach resort.... which is like 3something for the two nights, ill have 2 singles spare if anyone needs them as they are putting me in a 4 bedroom unit for the price for one! :P

That's a new resort on the surf side. Best place to stay on the island. Should be great views from the top floor. Straight across the road from the Blue Pacific too :smt002

Moe Norman
25th October 2006, 04:55 PM
i have to return home wo wife and bubs sat night sorry connico

connico
25th October 2006, 08:22 PM
nps mate, all good in the hood mate!
:p