PDA

View Full Version : Scotty Cameron Custom Shop Order

Volts
13th June 2014, 01:30 PM
LIke most, I have a golf bucket list. There are some items, on that list, that are not simply courses I'd like to play or Majors I'd like to attend. Par, dare to dream, is on it. A hole in one would be nice, etc, etc.
In the next month, I will be crossing off owning a Scotty Cameron Custom Shop putter. Watch this thread.

Gw 86
13th June 2014, 02:05 PM
Nice one volts something's money can buy

Captain Nemo
13th June 2014, 02:12 PM
Ive got a few im prepared to offload, pm me... (Custom Shop Scotty's)

Volts
14th June 2014, 10:51 AM
I like the look and feel of the 2014 Newport 2, so I shopped around. Found a few brand new, reasonably priced ones on eBay US. I asked a few sellers if they'd be willing to send to the Scotty shop, instead of my home address. Most were happy to do so. I watched a number of Auctions, for practically the same putter, sell for more than Buy It Now listings. Weird. A reputable seller, happy to send to Scotty, and showed interest in my customization, offered a RH 35" 2014 Newport 2 with free shipping for US$300. Sold! I'm on my way.

talbo
14th June 2014, 02:20 PM
Nice! What are you going to have done?

Lagerlover
14th June 2014, 02:35 PM
Nice! What are you going to have done? Cherry bombs ground out and stamped with PING??

Volts
14th June 2014, 05:16 PM
I already had a colour theme in mind.
Created an account on http://www.scottycameron.com/custom-shop/ and used the Interactive Form.
Advised 'Please keep in mind that this interactive design tool will display a conceptual depiction of the custom options added to a putter. Customizations may differ slightly in color, proportion and placement on your actual putter.'
The interactive design tool is really easy to use. A lot of click and drag. Paint fill palette is good. Could be better. Having a maximum of 4 colors on the putter helped me make important decisions on what I really wanted on my putter.
Translucent Emerald Green, Metallic Gold, White and Neon Yellow feature on the head. I had considered something inspiring, but in the end, opted for the ever-cheesy GET IN DA HOLE bumper text. Stamped 2 x 25g Tungsten weights with Translucent Emerald Green colour fill will look awesome. Pistolero grip and bling headcover brings the total bill to US$311.
Upon payment, I found out a $45.00 deposit is charged, then the rest when my putter is received by the Custom Shop.

Here is some of those conceptual depictions.

Courty
15th June 2014, 05:44 PM
Created an account on http://www.scottycameron.com/custom-shop/ and used the Interactive Form.
Advised 'Please keep in mind that this interactive design tool will display a conceptual depiction of the custom options added to a putter. Customizations may differ slightly in color, proportion and placement on your actual putter.'
The interactive design tool is really easy to use. A lot of click and drag. Paint fill palette is good. Could be better. Having a maximum of 4 colors on the putter helped me make important decisions on what I really wanted on my putter.
Translucent Emerald Green, Metallic Gold, White and Neon Yellow feature on the head. I had considered something inspiring, but in the end, opted for the ever-cheesy GET IN DA HOLE bumper text. Stamped 2 x 25g Tungsten weights with Translucent Emerald Green colour fill will look awesome. Pistolero grip and bling headcover brings the total bill to US$311.
Upon payment, I found out a $45.00 deposit is charged, then the rest when my putter is received by the Custom Shop.

Mmmmm, sweeeeet.

FuzzyJuzzy
15th June 2014, 08:02 PM

That's going to look superb. You'll be the envy of everyone at your club:).

Captain Nemo
15th June 2014, 08:10 PM
Or the Socceroos?

Volts
15th June 2014, 08:55 PM
Or the Socceroos?

That putter, my Golf Pride Decade Masters grips. Definitely got to keep Archie Thompson away.

Wenz
17th June 2014, 02:26 PM
Awaiting to see pics eagerly :)

Volts
21st June 2014, 09:30 AM
Got an email from Scotty. I know this because he signs the emails... NOT! LOL, see below. They advise that they have received my putter at the Custom Shop and will promptly begin the customization process. They have also charged the remaining amount to my credit card. Things are happening.

freddy a
21st June 2014, 10:26 AM
Would love to see the finished product, tossing up whether to send my tei3 to Scotty custoe shop or golds factory.

Gw 86
21st June 2014, 10:53 AM
Wonder if I can have a crown on my work signature

AlexMc
21st June 2014, 11:42 AM
Would love to see the finished product, tossing up whether to send my tei3 to Scotty custoe shop or golds factory. There are photos of my TEi3 that was sent to Scotty - came out brilliant. Too good actually - don't want to tarnish it by using it!

Volts
21st June 2014, 12:48 PM
Would love to see the finished product, tossing up whether to send my tei3 to Scotty custoe shop or golds factory.

Just saw some pics of the work Gold's do. Freakin majestic!

Captain Nemo
21st June 2014, 12:48 PM
There are photos of my TEi3 that was sent to Scotty - came out brilliant. Too good actually - don't want to tarnish it by using it!

My 2 have been done, will be on there way home soon....

Jackson
21st June 2014, 01:07 PM
Wow, even his signature is wanky

Lagerlover
21st June 2014, 02:13 PM
Wow, even his signature is wanky nice.

Volts
28th June 2014, 03:23 PM
Waiting for my putter to be finished is testing my patience. Recent icy wind gusts and crappy weather have kept me indoors. So I bought a headcover. It's one I've had my eye on for a while. Made an offer to a reputable seller. Happy with my purchase.

Volts
4th July 2014, 05:18 PM
Got an email, a few of days back, advising the Custom Shop have completed customization and FedEx have my putter. I was provided with a tracking number and have been keeping tabs on it's journey. I expect it will be delivered early next week. Sweet.
So far, Shipping & Handling $0... Bizarre. I chose a shipping option on Check Out, and expected it to be added. So far, I've only been charged for customization.
Will I get a bill later for it from either Scotty or FedEx?

wazandnic
4th July 2014, 07:11 PM
Hard to know. Have heard a few stories before of not getting charged for shipping things down here. Fingers crossed for you.

Look forward to seeing the pic's when it arrives

Cheers,
Waz

Volts
7th July 2014, 09:31 PM
Putter finally arrived today. Too dark to take any decent pics. Will post some later. I was surprised to find Scotty had returned the original weights and headcover. Bonus. Very happy with the workmanship. Very happy with not having paid for shipping...yet. Fingers crossed the total cost of putter, customization and shipping stays at US$611.

Captain Nemo
7th July 2014, 09:48 PM
We'll done.
It gets addictive, I've had 8 done so far.....
Here's my latest:

Volts
8th July 2014, 08:06 PM
We'll done.
It gets addictive, I've had 8 done so far.....

I was thinking that before it turned up. Now it's here and I've got the Vegas head cover on it, I'm pretty satisfied.

FuzzyJuzzy
10th July 2014, 05:10 AM
Just when we thought Scotty Cameron couldn't get any more awesome. Check the out:
http://www.golfwrx.com/229157/scotty-cameron-opens-gallery-putting-studio-in-southern-california/
I'd lurrrrrrvvvveeee to check out this joint....

Captain Nemo
10th July 2014, 09:58 AM
Just when we thought Scotty Cameron couldn't get any more awesome. Check the out:
http://www.golfwrx.com/229157/scotty-cameron-opens-gallery-putting-studio-in-southern-california/
I'd lurrrrrrvvvveeee to check out this joint....
Old news, sent you a pm mate....... ;)

Waggle
10th July 2014, 11:44 AM
Looks like it would be a tonne of fun.

FuzzyJuzzy
10th July 2014, 03:35 PM
Old news, sent you a pm mate....... ;)

Awesomeness. Replying now:). Work, what's that?:).

Volts
11th July 2014, 04:56 PM
I've given up on trying to get better pics in the sunshine.

wazandnic
11th July 2014, 05:10 PM
Pretty cool. Wouldn't surprise me if that doesn't pop up on the Scotty Website at some point. I think some of Titty's ones have.

Cheers,
Waz

Volts
11th July 2014, 05:15 PM
Pretty cool. Wouldn't surprise me if that doesn't pop up on the Scotty Website at some point. I think some of Titty's ones have.

Cheers,
Waz

Thanks mate. I'm more excited by not being charged shipping, at the moment.

Captain Nemo
11th July 2014, 06:08 PM
Good Aussie theme, and the cover is gold.
I have one on my Futura X, outstanding all weather cover

Volts
12th July 2014, 04:48 AM
Good Aussie theme, and the cover is gold.
I have one on my Futura X, outstanding all weather cover

The stock cover and weights will go. I'll alternate between the Cash and the Vegas cover, depending on weather and mood.

THEDUKEOFCORNWALL
12th July 2014, 09:30 PM
This looks stunning. Classy and something to be proud of

Volts
14th July 2014, 08:37 PM
This looks stunning. Classy and something to be proud of

Thanks mate. That's what I was going for.