PDA

View Full Version : Hensby in playoff!!!

goughy
12th July 2004, 05:58 AM
Due to the weather it's been suspended, but hensby's in a playoff in the john deere. Woo Hoo.

Chalmers had an ace in the round too, but didn't help him too much. He finished -1 today, where he needed -4 to win. Unfortunately even with this result, chalmers is gonna have a hard road to keeping his card.

jaster
12th July 2004, 06:22 AM
I'll just sit back and watch it live then :P :wink:

Iain
12th July 2004, 07:23 AM
Well Done to Hensby.....

Another Aussie taking a victory on the PGA Tour!! :lol: :lol:

Now for a major!? 8) :shock:

hackin jim
12th July 2004, 07:33 AM
Was he already in the Open field :?: If not then it is another to the list for this week. Takes the record total to 22 I think (that includes IBF though who is unlikely to tee-it-up :wink: )

McMw
12th July 2004, 08:32 AM
the fool has declined the invitation to the BOpen... :roll:

hackin jim
12th July 2004, 08:43 AM
Interesting decision :shock: ....no doubt he has his reasons but funny that he turns down what Chalmers was quoted as saying he would "crawl over hot coals" for :roll:

jaster
12th July 2004, 11:28 AM
He probably has his reasons...either way me having him in the avatar was good luck!! Great work Mark you legend 8)

hackin jim
12th July 2004, 11:39 AM
Jaster, do you know if he had the new G2 driver in play this week :?:

If he did then that would make the G2's conversion from "in play" to "tour winner" even better than the R7 wouldn't it :roll:

Golfgirl
12th July 2004, 12:38 PM
Yay!!! Another Aussie win.... congrats to Hensby.... :D

(What's this about not competing in the British Open.... serious?? :? )

McMw
12th July 2004, 02:33 PM
you gotta wonder what henby's win this morning does to the likes of badds, ogilvy, chalmers etc etc...

aussies who have perhaps more "established" name in the business, and yet can't seem to get their first win on tour - and here's a fella who's been there, lost the card, worked hard to get it back, and boom...first tour win...

jaster
12th July 2004, 03:06 PM
Jaster, do you know if he had the new G2 driver in play this week :?:

If he did then that would make the G2's conversion from "in play" to "tour winner" even better than the R7 wouldn't it :roll:

It has been reported that he did have this in play, I agree that it looks very good for this driver and be assured that I will be trying to get a demo ASAP ;)

jaster
12th July 2004, 03:08 PM
you gotta wonder what henby's win this morning does to the likes of badds, ogilvy, chalmers etc etc...

aussies who have perhaps more "established" name in the business, and yet can't seem to get their first win on tour - and here's a fella who's been there, lost the card, worked hard to get it back, and boom...first tour win...

IMO Badds is a wanker, most of the other Aussies are pretty casual but he has such a chip on his shoulder....yes he has 2 aussie opens....but nothing else since. And the clothes that he wears :shock: :roll:

McMw
12th July 2004, 03:15 PM
so I guess the GNI was a second (third?) rate tourney then!!! :lol:

probably is, seeing as how it couldn't survive another year after...

jaster
12th July 2004, 03:23 PM
so I guess the GNI was a second (third?) rate tourney then!!! :lol:

probably is, seeing as how it couldn't survive another year after...

Is the GNI....Greg Normans tournament? Were there any World top 20 golfers in the field ;) Or even top 50 for that matter? Just face it mate, Badds has some mental issues and an attitude problem...back to basics and he will start winning again...he has more talent than most golfers but no brain :(

McMw
12th July 2004, 03:54 PM
Is the GNI....Greg Normans tournament? Were there any World top 20 golfers in the field ;) Or even top 50 for that matter?

of the top of my head, past winners were Curtis Strange, Norman, Badds...can't remember...

prob doesn't even 3rd rate status... :lol:

jaster
12th July 2004, 04:06 PM
Were they in the field in the top 20 when Badds won? :wink:

McMw
12th July 2004, 04:13 PM
norman and garcia were...Strange was probably commentating.. :lol:

jaster
12th July 2004, 05:00 PM
Getting this back on track ;)

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040711/capt.ilbk10507112312.deere_classic_ilbk105.jpg

McMw
12th July 2004, 05:05 PM
god damn...he's lost a lot of weight since his debut on the tour couple years ago... :shock:

jaster
12th July 2004, 05:19 PM
I'll say..looks like a jockey :shock:

goughy
12th July 2004, 05:43 PM
He must have that fist pump down to a fine art. Look at the pic jaster posted then look at jaster's avatar. Bloody close :D

hackin jim
12th July 2004, 06:33 PM
Watched the highlights on the news tonight and gotta say he is one cool customer 8) .

Morgan was pumped to the max and letting everyone know it, but Hensby refused to let it faze him....great win and look forward to hearing more of him....have to be odd-on to win the BC wouldn't he :wink:

McMw
12th July 2004, 09:51 PM
you reckon he's gonna pull off the Mallon Magic??? :lol:

I guess the switch from crappy srixon to ping made all the difference!!! :lol: