PDA

View Full Version : 2014 SA Champs at RA.

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

PeteyD
24th November 2014, 06:26 AM
Awesome work boys, and congratulations on a great champs!

3Puttpete
24th November 2014, 07:51 AM
Awesome work boys, and congratulations on a great champ!

FTFY. Thanks Pete

PeteyD
24th November 2014, 10:16 AM
Sure burglar! Congrats on the win.

3Puttpete
24th November 2014, 10:26 AM
Sure burglar! Congrats on the win.

[emoji3] thanks mate

3Puttpete
24th November 2014, 10:27 AM
It's officially the round of my life. Lowest ever "Played to" in golflink

PeteyD
24th November 2014, 10:35 AM
Well done!

Hatchman
24th November 2014, 11:37 AM
Come on hatchy, it was a 4i off the tee :)

4i :shock:, sorry mate. You gorilla! I'll edit that.

It's officially the round of my life. Lowest ever "Played to" in golflink

Well done. You picked a great course to have it on.

Chilled
24th November 2014, 12:00 PM
Just an awesome day fellas.....more pics coming tonight :)

Peppas
24th November 2014, 03:32 PM
4i :shock:, sorry mate. You gorilla! I'll edit that.

Thanks mate, gotta get the story right if you're going to post video up :)

nadg63
24th November 2014, 06:42 PM
BTW guys, new thread started:-

2015 SA Champs :)

http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/42326-2015-SA-Champs

Chilled
24th November 2014, 08:51 PM
Absolutely awesome weekend and final Tour Day 3. One of the best days out I've been involved with. Congrats again to 3puttpete, was an awesome score and I thought mine was a good possibility of a win! Some really excellent scores on the day, and indeed over the weekend.

Fantastic effort by the interstaters to make it over, great to meet you all and we really appreciate the trek over and hope to see you back next year. Thanks to organising committee and James for getting us all on a great course on a perfect weather day.

I'm already looking forward to next years champs :smile:

Now on to the long awaited pics!

nadg starting off the presentation...

Presentation of prestigious red jacket to our winner, 3puttpete....

A worthy winner with 41 points....

Almost perfect fit!

Someone's happy....

Lovin' the embroided logo....

....ctd....

Chilled
24th November 2014, 08:54 PM
.....ctd....

NAGA winner Daggs in black......

Peppas presented with the Best Shot award.....for hitting his ball out of a tree at about 10 feet up!

And finally....group photo :smile:
From left to right.....DaveK, Timinsa, Chris32, JasonB, Chilled, coalesce, Thecollective, 3puttpete, Kunkie, Simsy, Peppas, Benno_r, HatchmanSS76, Marcel, highballin, jimandr, Daggs, nadg63

(I think I got that right!)

Peppas
24th November 2014, 09:07 PM
Shot of the Day.
Let's set the scene first.
The tough long par 3 12th at R.A. Elevated tee to smallish green.
Peppas takes 4iron. Attempts to put a smooth swing on it. The voice inside at the top of the swing say "this is not enough" so a bit more is put into it on the way down resulting in a low pull hard left.
The ball rockets into the thick section of branches and needles of the first in a series of pine trees. No ball is seen dropping straight down but it's presumed it wouldn't have gone far past where it went in.
The group get to the tree an no ball is found in the sand under the tree and nothing found in the rough and sand 20m past the tree.
Peppas goes back to the tree to get a sight on where it went in and can see his ball up in the all the branches out off reach. The options for play or unplayable are decided while Hatchman gets the phone for the much required picture. Decision to video is made as soon as it's clear the ball can be played by jumping and having a swing at it.

Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuYnat0xkYc

That's a glorious shot.

I'm glad it didn't drop and hit me!

nadg63
24th November 2014, 09:23 PM
Thanks for putting up the pics Chilled, good to see a happy winner :) Captures the end of a great day.

jimandr
24th November 2014, 09:50 PM
The first thing I take from these photos is that if you think you are any chance of winning an event where a jacket is part of the ceremony, wear the long trousers.

3ppp should have known he was a show after his form the previous day.

AndyP
24th November 2014, 10:14 PM
I would have expected you guys to be cuddling after a few days golf.

3Puttpete
24th November 2014, 10:18 PM
My acceptance speech was short and sweet but the message was complete. I had a great weekend and thanks to everyone who had a hand in making it possible.

Now the long version. Thanks to Benno for driving me around all weekend, it's much appreciated.

Thanks to Daves for the Yankalilla bakery tip. The Kitchener bun might just be the greatest bakery/cake/dessert product in the history of forever. It's not just a donut and cream, there's a fair bit of magic in there too.

I enjoyed LLB and the company. Highballin, Benno and my partner in victory Coalesce made for a very enjoyable day. Particular thanks to Benno for the tip on the practice green before the round. Stop those 6 foot straight ones and have a crack at the 50 metre putts with a 2 storey elevation change. I'm not sure they helped my game but they were fun.

The Ale House was an excellent choice for Saturday night and the schnit was equally impressive.

Now the magic. Royal Adelaide Golf club. From the first hello in the pro shop to the last beer in the bar I can't fault it. We spent a couple of hours there before the round and I'm glad we did rather than try to squeeze another round in somewhere. I think it was Tim who first suggested this about 6 weeks ago. Turns out it was the beginning of a seemingly endless stream of good advice from him.

Tim, your advice and guidance around he course was invaluable. Simple instructions for a simple man about where to hit and a bit of course history as we went around. Thank you.

To all 3 RA members, Marcel, Tim and James thank you for hosting us. Playing a course of this calibre is a rare and very much appreciated opportunity. The quality of the golf course was only eclipsed by the warmth of the hospitality shown by everyone. If the members and staff I had anything to do with are any indication the club appears to be in as good shape as the course.

Coalesce, Kunkie and Tim added to the Sunday's enjoyment with a superb mix of praise, piss-taking and good old fashioned abuse. Thanks for a great round.

Nadg and Coalesce get a special mention for organising. It all went like clockwork. Well done and thank you.

To everyone else I met for the first time, it was a pleasure and ultimately that's the point of the whole thing.

If I had to change one thing from the weekend I'd go the smaller schnit and give those Coopers taps a real seeing to. Next time...

Again, thanks everyone for a great weekend.

Your Champ

3Puttpete
24th November 2014, 10:20 PM
Well that was a decent rant! Oops

marcel
24th November 2014, 11:34 PM
Congrats to our champ.

After months of looking forward to the day it was great to have it all go so well, some excellent golf by a few and perfect weather.
Always good to now be able to put faces to usernames.
Big thanks to nadg63 and coalesce who are now the permanent organising committee. I'll pass on your thanks to James.

3puttpete also won the club comp, 12 balls. If it suits I'll transfer you whatever a dozen pro v's sell for in the pro shop, $55 I think, let me know.

Coalesce won 3 balls, thecollective 2 balls and Chilled 1 ball. Let me know your preferences for logo ball or pro v and I'll give them to you when I see ewes next

3Puttpete
24th November 2014, 11:58 PM
Congrats to our champ.

After months of looking forward to the day it was great to have it all go so well, some excellent golf by a few and perfect weather.
Big thanks to nadg63 and coalesce who are now the permanent organising committee. I'll pass on your thanks to James.

3puttpete also won the club comp, 12 balls. If it suits I'll transfer you whatever a dozen pro v's sell for in the pro shop, $55 I think, let me know.

Coalesce won 3 balls, thecollective 2 balls and Chilled 1 ball. Let me know your preferences for logo ball or pro v and I'll give them to you when I see ewes next

Bonus! Thanks for the news.

I'm happy for you to keep the balls or split them with Tim and James or give them back to the club for the next charity day etc if they'll be of any use.

3Puttpete
25th November 2014, 12:15 AM
Time for some pics so I can delete them off the phone.

1st group 1st tee

I got bored after that and stopped taking them.

3Puttpete
25th November 2014, 12:19 AM
We had a little wait on our way to the 2nd tee

2nd hole 2nd shot. The Ladies tees were still too far left to be in shot.

Stopping to take this was as long as I spent on the 2nd fairway

Daggs
25th November 2014, 12:20 AM
Congrats TPP glad everyone had a good few days here :)

3Puttpete
25th November 2014, 12:26 AM
3rd hole. My ball middle left of picture. That's where Tim told us to hit them.

The last group approaching the 3rd green. Taken from the viewing platform on the 4th tee

I really enjoyed being able to see a lot of the course from a lot of the course

Hole 11. My ball in line with bunker on left a couple of metres short of trouble. That's where Tim told us to hit them.

3Puttpete
25th November 2014, 12:31 AM
Testing the memory.

13th approach

14th approach

17th approach

Chilled
25th November 2014, 07:43 AM
Thanks for putting up the pics Chilled, good to see a happy winner :) Captures the end of a great day.How did you pull up after the game?

coalesce
25th November 2014, 10:17 AM
Congrats to our champ.

I'd like a logo ball to keep on the shelf at home please - not worried about getting more than 1, so like 3pp if they can be donated/shared, I'm happy with that. Thanks.

thecollective
25th November 2014, 10:22 AM
2 x logo balls for me please Marcel.

Cheers,

TC

Chilled
25th November 2014, 10:48 AM
Coalesce won 3 balls, thecollective 2 balls and Chilled 1 ball. Let me know your preferences for logo ball or pro v and I'll give them to you when I see ewes nextLogo ball would be great too, ta. See you sunday.

nadg63
25th November 2014, 01:27 PM
How did you pull up after the game?

Ok, slight tightness in my back but knee was pretty good. Think the time off from playing was as much the reason as anything, my legs ached like hell :-)

Peppas
25th November 2014, 01:33 PM
Ok, slight tightness in my back but knee was pretty good. Think the time off from playing was as much the reason as anything, my legs ached like hell :-)

Try playing 9 rounds in 10 days then we can talk about soreness :)

coalesce
25th November 2014, 01:33 PM

Maybe if you weren't so angry/violent... ;)

highballin
25th November 2014, 01:34 PM

+1

Peppas
25th November 2014, 01:41 PM

What I could've done 14 rounds in 15 days?

nadg63
25th November 2014, 04:01 PM

But you're still young :-)

Peppas
25th November 2014, 04:21 PM
But you're still young :-)

I'm old mate, I am old. Ask anyone

nadg63
25th November 2014, 04:38 PM
I'm old mate, I am old. Ask anyone

Oh yeah, forgot about that! ;)

Chilled
25th November 2014, 06:49 PM
Anyone notice coalesce in the background of the handshaking red jacket shot?....lol

nadg63
25th November 2014, 07:05 PM
Anyone notice coalesce in the background of the handshaking red jacket shot?....lol

Ha ha, photo bomber!

3Puttpete
25th November 2014, 07:07 PM
My plan to make Coalesce my bitch is coming together nicely

Hatchman
25th November 2014, 07:24 PM
Is the 3rd at Royal Adelaide one of the best short par 4's in the country. Yes or No.

I say Yes.

highballin
25th November 2014, 07:36 PM
Yes it is pretty good

highballin
25th November 2014, 07:39 PM

What about Benno is he getting ready for something=P~

thecollective
25th November 2014, 07:40 PM
Yes! And 14 one of the best long Par 4s

Hatchman
25th November 2014, 07:51 PM
Yes! And 14 one of the best long Par 4s

You should play it off the pro plates.

3Puttpete
25th November 2014, 08:03 PM
Is the 3rd at Royal Adelaide one of the best short par 4's in the country. Yes or No.

I say Yes.

Yes

coalesce
25th November 2014, 08:27 PM

I wondered if anyone would notice this ;)

Ha ha, photo bomber!

May explain why I always get tested for explosives at the airport. Or it could be the beard...

I know who that is but I don't get it

I say Yes.

Yes

You would say that with your birdie. But yes it must be

benno_r
25th November 2014, 08:27 PM

I say Yes.
Yes.

I havent played many classic courses, but there are a couple I like at pelican that the third may pip.

If I didnt play it like a 45capper...

3Puttpete
25th November 2014, 08:35 PM
I know who that is but I don't get it

Got 'im. Yes!

[emoji12]

jimandr
25th November 2014, 08:46 PM

I say Yes.

Ask Chilled. He didn't even get within 50m of the green before he picked up.

I also say yes, particularly if the pin is in the front section.

14 was very challenging for me from the tee we played from, but it would be unreachable, and therefore too difficult from a tee further back. One of the greatest things about RA from the tees we played from was that every hole was playable for the 200m drive player.

Chilled
25th November 2014, 09:02 PM
Ask Chilled. He didn't even get within 50m of the green before he picked up.Right side, over the hill into the waste area, is brutal. Little margin for error off the tee. Shouldn't have used the driver, just a mid/long iron or wood, that's where I screwed up. Only hole I scrubbed all day...pfft. Still, 38 with a scrub, shouldn't complain :D

Hatchman
25th November 2014, 10:38 PM
Right side, over the hill into the waste area, is brutal. Little margin for error off the tee. Shouldn't have used the driver, just a mid/long iron or wood, that's where I screwed up. Only hole I scrubbed all day...pfft. Still, 38 with a scrub, shouldn't complain :D

Ha ha ha. I find this amusing that you use driver on this hole and it's one that I play safe on :D. For those at home I very rarely play safe as my philosophy is I will stuff that as much as I can stuff the driver and I backed that up 3 times with 3 wood off the tee on 3,10 and 11 all being my worst tee shots for the day.

I played safe on 3 and blocked it right into the first pine up on the sand hill. No sensible shot at the green so I try to bunt it down 20-30m short of the green. Too much air and it hit the last pine coming out and drops straight down. I have a different angle at the green I can now go for but I still have to keep it low for a bit to clear the trees. Hit the right shot this time landing 20m short of the green and it run through the gap at the front of the green and comes to rest 8 foot from the pin on the low side. I lip the par save for a 5/1.

3Puttpete
25th November 2014, 10:54 PM
Super caddy said hit whatever you like except driver so I thinned a worm burning 5 wood over the hill to near the bottom of the hill.

Hatchman
25th November 2014, 11:00 PM
Yep, anything that finds fairway is good on that hole.

jimandr
26th November 2014, 12:40 AM
I played safe on 3 and blocked it right into the first pine up on the sand hill. No sensible shot at the green so I try to bunt it down 20-30m short of the green. Too much air and it hit the last pine coming out and drops straight down.

Clearly you aren't skilled enough at recovery shots Hatchy, because that is almost exactly where I hit it. I had a 50/50 shot which was probably easier than the chip out, so I went for it and hit it perfect to about 12 feet. As a predictor of what was to come, I missed it on the low side.

Third time I've played the hole. Played safe and hit the fairway the other two times, but didn't get par either time. Still one of my all time favourite holes.

Hatchman
26th November 2014, 02:12 AM
Clearly you aren't skilled enough at recovery shots Hatchy, because that is almost exactly where I hit it. I had a 50/50 shot which was probably easier than the chip out, so I went for it and hit it perfect to about 12 feet. As a predictor of what was to come, I missed it on the low side.

Third time I've played the hole. Played safe and hit the fairway the other two times, but didn't get par either time. Still one of my all time favourite holes.

You got that right. I'm better at the more difficult option. I think it has something to do with more committed to the shot. It's the same with the Driver v safe 3-5wood/iron option.
I don't do safe well :roll:.

Chilled
26th November 2014, 07:01 AM
Ha ha ha. I find this amusing that you use driver on this hole and it's one that I play safe on :D.Wind was the only reason I even remotely considered the driver. Played the course quite a few times before and usually take a wood on that hole. Three of our groups golf balls went to the right, I was the unlucky one to have hit it too big and I got a pretty unlucky lie too...right in a big hole on a severe downhill lie, no way on earth to get out. But that's golf!

Peppas
26th November 2014, 07:11 AM
Great hole. I chunk slapped 4i to the fairway behind the trees. PW over the trees to the back of the green. 2 putt par, booyah :)

highballin
26th November 2014, 07:12 AM
Great hole. I chunk slapped 4i to the fairway behind the trees. PW over the trees to the back of the green. 2 putt par, booyah :)

Why doesn't that surprise me :lol:

Peppas
26th November 2014, 07:19 AM
Why doesn't that surprise me :lol:

It was good to only hit the ball short on that hole, didn't even make the trees :)

3Puttpete
30th November 2014, 10:03 AM
Getting ready for my first post Champs hit. This little bloke's coming with me.

3Puttpete
30th November 2014, 12:20 PM

nadg63
30th November 2014, 04:17 PM
Getting ready for my first post Champs hit. This little bloke's coming with me.

Show off! :) Where's the bottle, empty?

3Puttpete
30th November 2014, 08:04 PM
Show off! :) Where's the bottle, empty?

Not yet but I didn't want to cart it around with me.

3Puttpete
3rd December 2014, 06:28 AM
And home

nadg63
3rd December 2014, 04:24 PM
And home

Hope you milked it for all it was worth! (being SA Champ that is)

highballin
3rd December 2014, 04:29 PM

You mean sponsorship and tv deals?

3Puttpete
3rd December 2014, 09:42 PM
You mean sponsorship and tv deals?

My people will take care of the negotiations

3Puttpete
3rd December 2014, 09:43 PM

Why would you use the past tense?

nadg63
3rd December 2014, 09:54 PM
Why would you use the past tense?

Fair point :)

coalesce
5th December 2014, 11:05 PM
We're famous. Sorta. http://articles.gamegolf.com/article/back-again-with-gareth-roberts-on-game-golf

nadg63
6th December 2014, 03:49 PM
Just a reminder to the first three place winners in the SA Champs that they also won OZgolf Dollars kindly donated by AndyP.

3Puttpete
18th March 2015, 10:03 AM
It's been a while and I've missed a few that I'll have to catch up on but I took my little mate on another outing on Saturday.

nadg63
18th March 2015, 02:53 PM
It's been a while and I've missed a few that I'll have to catch up on but I took my little mate on another outing on Saturday.

Flaunt it :-)

coalesce
18th March 2015, 03:56 PM
Flaunt it :-)

While you can...

3Puttpete
18th March 2015, 04:11 PM
You'll always remember.

You never forget your first.

Hatchman
29th March 2015, 07:36 PM
Recon round today to check suitability for champs rounds.
Verdict is McCracken is a no. Course is good enough but the amount of duck sh!t makes it a no.
Every green and surrounds are covered in land mines.

coalesce
29th March 2015, 07:43 PM
Did you mean the 2015 thread? :)

Hatchman
29th March 2015, 07:57 PM
Aw crap. I got the old one :oops:

nadg63
29th March 2015, 08:33 PM
Did you mean the 2015 thread? :)

Was just thinking the same thing as I was reading HM's post, then saw yours :-)

3Puttpete
22nd April 2015, 09:12 AM

nadg63
22nd April 2015, 09:24 AM

:)

3Puttpete
31st May 2015, 01:55 PM

3Puttpete
31st May 2015, 02:33 PM

nadg63
31st May 2015, 05:13 PM
Haha, but where's the jacket pics!?

3Puttpete
31st May 2015, 05:36 PM
Long story. Fail

Lagerlover
15th June 2015, 07:46 PM
Long story. Fail Yet more of my valuable time wasted Nadge..

nadg63
15th June 2015, 08:33 PM
Yet more of my valuable time wasted Nadge..

And mine! I had to run around getting post bags etc and posting it! :)

3Puttpete
15th June 2015, 09:41 PM
I'd be happy if you both went home

Lagerlover
15th June 2015, 09:51 PM
I just really hope I don't win this next one... it changes people

3Puttpete
15th June 2015, 09:55 PM
There's not much hope of that

highballin
15th June 2015, 09:58 PM
There's always hope!

3Puttpete
15th June 2015, 10:11 PM
There's no hope for the hopeless

nadg63
15th June 2015, 10:11 PM
I'd be happy if you both went home

I just really hope I don't win this next one... it changes people

There's not much hope of that

Lol :)

3Puttpete
12th August 2015, 09:44 AM

3Puttpete
4th October 2015, 04:18 PM

benno_r
4th October 2015, 04:38 PM

Quick course report champ?

3Puttpete
4th October 2015, 04:45 PM
Quick course report champ?

Impress. Not long. Bunkers and water grab the bad shots but plenty of room to avoid them. Greens big, bumpy, hard and fast and running it up is tricky because they're all raised. It's in great condition. I'll be back.

Lagerlover
5th October 2015, 04:29 AM
Impress. Not long. Bunkers and water grab the bad shots but plenty of room to avoid them. Greens big, bumpy, hard and fast and running it up is tricky because they're all raised. It's in great condition. I'll be back. Scores?.....Condition of clubhouse??

3Puttpete
5th October 2015, 12:21 PM
Scores?.....Condition of clubhouse??

None, social round hit and giggle....not as new as it used to be