PDA

View Full Version : 2014 SA Champs at RA.

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

coalesce
15th August 2014, 01:24 PM
100 days to go :)

A reminder to those (including myself) who have promised to pay Nadg at Lady Bay on Sunday. It is not too late to join us there - see this thread (http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/40951-Links-Lady-Bay-Sunday-17th-August-8.04am). To anyone else, get in touch with Nadg to secure your place!

Also a reminder to those interested in non-champs rounds - see this thread (http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/41144-2014-SA-Champs-Non-Champs-rounds)

nadg63
17th August 2014, 04:09 PM
Marcel is due back from his travels this week, hopefully will be able to arrange tee times then!

3Puttpete
20th August 2014, 07:54 PM
I know it's early but thinking of accommodation for Saturday night. Do any crow eaters have any thoughts on the lakes resort hotel? Google maps tells me it's (and I'm not making this up) 7 minutes from RA.

coalesce
20th August 2014, 08:14 PM
When I came here for the Ashes I stayed in a backpackers on Hindley St so not sure I am qualified to comment. I just asked the mrs and she doesn't know either. Hope that helps ;(

3Puttpete
20th August 2014, 08:39 PM
Champion!

Daves
20th August 2014, 08:42 PM
I know it's early but thinking of accommodation for Saturday night. Do any crow eaters have any thoughts on the lakes resort hotel? Google maps tells me it's (and I'm not making this up) 7 minutes from RA.

I have been to a function there. Pretty good quality accommodation I was told by those that actually stayed there. 7 minutes to RA sounds about right.

3Puttpete
20th August 2014, 09:37 PM
I have been to a function there. Pretty good quality accommodation I was told by those that actually stayed there. 7 minutes to RA sounds about right.

Cheers. Sounds like the go

jasonb
20th August 2014, 10:55 PM
I spoke to Terry today, 1st day back. He will be in contact with the club very soon. Hold tight for tee times.

nadg63
20th August 2014, 10:57 PM
I spoke to Terry today, 1st day back. He will be in contact with the club very soon. Hold tight for tee times.

Just PM'd him too :)

Hey, Jasonb, you seen the Holden Scramble thread?

mrbluu
22nd August 2014, 07:00 PM
Sorry lads with a heavy heart I have to withdraw from this. I will be in Adelaide for my little cousin's wedding the following weekend, so there is no chance of me getting 2 weekends in a row in Adelaide.

On the plus side I can try to get over earlier for the wedding and get a game or 2 in if anyone is avail or on Sunday 30th November.

Cheers

mrbluu

3Puttpete
22nd August 2014, 09:02 PM
Sorry lads with a heavy heart I have to withdraw from this. I will be in Adelaide for my little cousin's wedding the following weekend, so there is no chance of me getting 2 weekends in a row in Adelaide.

On the plus side I can try to get over earlier for the wedding and get a game or 2 in if anyone is avail or on Sunday 30th November.

Cheers

mrbluu

Sad panda

coalesce
22nd August 2014, 09:18 PM
Sorry to here that mrbluu but would be more than happy to play somewhere with you the following week!

nadg63
22nd August 2014, 09:49 PM

Cheers

mrbluu

Shame but thanks for letting us know. If the Champs turn out to be a success maybe next year ....................... !? Sure you'll have no problem getting a game in the week after somewhere.

Sorry to here that mrbluu but would be more than happy to play somewhere with you the following week!

:)

highballin
22nd August 2014, 10:38 PM

Yep me too

nadg63
22nd August 2014, 10:48 PM
Just waiting for my account to show another 'Paid' entrant today, woohoo, that's 4! (and should be receiving the cash from at least one other on Sunday I believe!?)

Hatchman
22nd August 2014, 10:49 PM

Cheers

mrbluu

Where about's in Adelaide you staying when here?

coalesce
22nd August 2014, 10:54 PM
Just waiting for my account to show another 'Paid' entrant today, woohoo, that's 4! (and should be receiving the cash from at least one other on Sunday I believe!?)

Yep - got the cash ready

nadg63
22nd August 2014, 10:56 PM
Yep - got the cash ready

Wasn't having a dig, honest mister!

marcel
23rd August 2014, 10:03 PM
I'll see if we are able to play earlier. Does anyone who's playing or considering playing not have a current handicap/membership?

nadg63
23rd August 2014, 10:07 PM
I'll see if we are able to play earlier. Does anyone who's playing or considering playing not have a current handicap/membership?

Chris32, Wenz!?

marcel
26th August 2014, 01:03 PM
Still keen, just waiting on tee times. Any updates on that front?

Tee times now from 11.40.

3Puttpete
26th August 2014, 01:04 PM

Awesome!

benno_r
26th August 2014, 01:11 PM

Cool beans, had an alternative tentatively arranged. I'll get closure on that plan before I give a final yay or nay to Radelaide.

Cheers,
Ben

Chris32
26th August 2014, 01:22 PM
Sounds good, really looking forward to it!

I'm not a member of a club at the moment, my non-playing membership at TTG has lapsed so I don't have an official handicap to play in the comp.
The last handicap I had on golflink was 9 after all the changes to the way its calculated, however the last comp I played in I was off 10.

Happy to play off whatever for champs purposes

I haven't been a playing member for 5 years since we've had the kids as I don't have the spare time and money to commit to golf. The policy is that after 5 years of non-playing membership they either want you to commence again as a non-playing member or cancel so I had to cancel.

I'm looking into a few options at a few clubs that will allow me to maintain a handicap but essentially be a non-playing member, if anyone knows of any similar options I'd love to hear about them. Its handy to have a handicap for the once or twice a year I get time to have a round :D

thecollective
26th August 2014, 02:07 PM
Chris32: have you considered TTG's 20 round membership offer? I took that up about 3 years ago when I was really busy with work and study. Only problem is you need to find the time to play 20 rounds and you can only play in the afternoon on Sunday with Saturday completely excluded.

TC

coalesce
26th August 2014, 02:22 PM
There are a few places that do pay as you play memberships. Fleurieu, Lady Bay, North Adelaide - I'm sure there are others, but they are going to be $200+ for a year.

I'm sure when I was looking through various clubs I saw one that had a handicap membership for about $100, but I can't remember where it was now - I will keep looking. I guess an alternative would be a country membership somewhere?

Or there is a social handicap from someone like Qantas or Crown Lager.

Chris32
26th August 2014, 02:23 PM
Ok, sounds like there are a few options, I'll look into them. Cheers lads

coalesce
26th August 2014, 02:32 PM
It also depends on how long you want it for and whether you'd actually get a chance to use it. Fleurieu's membership year runs to end of December, and last time I checked the PAYG membership was $140 until the end of 2014, but that's a lot if you aren't going to play at all!

Edit: it is $120 now http://www.fleurieugolfcourse.com.au/

nadg63
26th August 2014, 04:39 PM

Excellent, love your work Marcel.

Hatchman
26th August 2014, 08:00 PM

Fan of your work Marcel.

Daggs
27th August 2014, 09:55 AM

I'm not a member of a club at the moment, my non-playing membership at TTG has lapsed so I don't have an official handicap to play in the comp.
The last handicap I had on golflink was 9 after all the changes to the way its calculated, however the last comp I played in I was off 10.

I haven't been a playing member for 5 years since we've had the kids as I don't have the spare time and money to commit to golf. The policy is that after 5 years of non-playing membership they either want you to commence again as a non-playing member or cancel so I had to cancel.

I'm looking into a few options at a few clubs that will allow me to maintain a handicap but essentially be a non-playing member, if anyone knows of any similar options I'd love to hear about them. Its handy to have a handicap for the once or twice a year I get time to have a round :D

After five years im not sure your handicap is even retrievable Chris. Im pretty sure they were holding it for 3 years and under the new system it stays in the system i believe.
Mate i am able to organise you membership up here on the cheap, if your happy to do so PM me and ill see what i can do.

Hatchman
27th August 2014, 02:37 PM

After five years im not sure your handicap is even retrievable Chris. Im pretty sure they were holding it for 3 years and under the new system it stays in the system i believe.
Mate i am able to organise you membership up here on the cheap, if your happy to do so PM me and ill see what i can do.

After 6-7 years out my golf link record was no longer.

It would be easy enough to check. If you can remember your Golflink number just get on the Golflink site, it should show up if still listed.

You could also consider one of the social clubs in Adelaide. I played with S.A Public Golf Club for 5 years when I moved from the Riverland only because my uncle was member. Mostly good people, made some great friends who are members all over the sate now. Played on Sunday mornings, 3 games at the then Patawillunga (now Hold Fast Shores) and one at a different public course per month. Very small joining fee then green fees at course on the day often at a slightly discounted rate.
The club was professional in it's conduct e.g. Handicapping as per Golf Australia, strict dress codes as per members clubs and all play strictly to the rules of golf. Anyone not playing by the rules was educated quickly or never came back if it wasn't for them.
I don't know what they are like now or anyone still the club.
Here's a link to all the social clubs listed with Golf S.A http://golfadmin.performaustralia.com.au/site/_content/document/00016714-source.pdf

coalesce
27th August 2014, 02:45 PM
After 6-7 years out my golf link record was no longer.

It would be easy enough to check. If you can remember your Golflink number just get on the Golflink site, it should show up if still listed.

The one in his sig gives an error...

coalesce
27th August 2014, 02:46 PM
The one in his sig gives an error...

But only because the link itself is wrong. Assuming the golflink number is correct, tt should be http://www.golflink.com.au/handicap-history/?golflink_No=5020703869

So should still be ok?

Daggs
27th August 2014, 07:52 PM
Cool he may well get away with it then.
If his home club marked him as unfinancial on golflink then you cant enter a new score.
But if they havent it will work no probs. He can ring golflink himself and see what his status is anyway ,and take it from there.
If he needs to join somewhere i could hook him up for $75 until the end of march 2015 if needs be .

Chris32
27th August 2014, 08:06 PM
Haha yeah that's it. I still have my golf link card, cheers guys.

I have a mate onto a handicap only type arrangement so all good. Looking forward to RA, hopefully I'll get some time for a warmup

nadg63
31st August 2014, 11:24 AM
Just a reminder, September 1st tomorrow, gives those still to do so a month to pay.

marcel
2nd September 2014, 10:52 PM
Preview round available this Sunday if anyone isn't tied up with Father's Day. Have a guest spot at 8am, send a pm if interested

Hatchman
3rd September 2014, 12:24 AM
Preview round available this Sunday if anyone isn't tied up with Father's Day. Have a guest spot at 8am, send a pm if interested

Wow that is so tempting.
I don't think I could get that past the Minister of War & Finance and beside if I played Sunday plus Country Week in October I'll get accused of trying to hard for Champs :).

I'm sure someone will jump at the chance.

highballin
3rd September 2014, 06:46 AM

Bugger MM on Sat otherwise would jump at the chance.

coalesce
3rd September 2014, 07:49 AM
Would love to but am booked in for brunch with the gf's parents for Father's Day :(

nadg63
3rd September 2014, 04:37 PM
Afraid I'm out too, have a lunch fixture up in the hills as of last night.

jimandr
3rd September 2014, 04:37 PM
My bookings have been made and paid for. It is too late to cancel now, so even if Royal Adelaide closes down, I'll still be in Adelaide for four days from 20th to 24th of November.

I'm staying at the BreakFree on Hindley St, but I'm assured it is in the 'good' part of the street.

I've hired a small car, so I'll be able to ferry 3pp around the golf courses if necessary. But if another interstater visits I may not be able to fit a third person in the Toyota Yaris.

coalesce
3rd September 2014, 04:49 PM
We only need a third person with a Toyota Yaris and we can make a japanese version of the Italian Job...

3Puttpete
3rd September 2014, 04:57 PM
My bookings have been made and paid for. It is too late to cancel now, so even if Royal Adelaide closes down, I'll still be in Adelaide for four days from 20th to 24th of November.

I'm staying at the BreakFree on Hindley St, but I'm assured it is in the 'good' part of the street.

I've hired a small car, so I'll be able to ferry 3pp around the golf courses if necessary. But if another interstater visits I may not be able to fit a third person in the Toyota Yaris.

Good man. Cheers

benno_r
4th September 2014, 08:28 AM
Yeeeerp! Lock this in.

Jim, I can throw you some extra cash to upgrade to something bigger. Still trying to get Peps onboard, so maybe even a falcon wagon or something might be suitable? Whadya reckon?

Cheers,
Ben

nadg63
4th September 2014, 08:43 AM
Yeeeerp! Lock this in.

Jim, I can throw you some extra cash to upgrade to something bigger. Still trying to get Peps onboard, so maybe even a falcon wagon or something might be suitable? Whadya reckon?

Cheers,
Ben

Welcome aboard Ben, will move you up to the 'playing' list.

Will PM details re payment.

benno_r
4th September 2014, 08:44 AM
Welcome aboard Ben, will move you up to the 'playing' list.

Will PM details re payment.

Thanks mate!

Will play the Saturday and Sunday rounds.

Cheers,
Ben

3Puttpete
4th September 2014, 09:35 AM
Yeeeerp! Lock this in. Jim, I can throw you some extra cash to upgrade to something bigger. Still trying to get Peps onboard, so maybe even a falcon wagon or something might be suitable? Whadya reckon?Cheers,BenWhen are you in/out of Adelaide? It might be easier for you, me and Peppas to get a car. I assume Jim will have the Yaris for his whole stay.Either that or cab it. How much can a 7 minute cab ride cost?

benno_r
4th September 2014, 10:04 AM
When are you in/out of Adelaide? It might be easier for you, me and Peppas to get a car. I assume Jim will have the Yaris for his whole stay.Either that or cab it. How much can a 7 minute cab ride cost?

Not sure when I am getting in, either Friday night or Sunday morning - depending on Peppas sorting himself out as I am going to detour via Sydney for a few games.

I reckon we just get a car - get decent company rates at the new job.

3Puttpete
4th September 2014, 10:04 AM
Not sure when I am getting in, either Friday night or Sunday morning - depending on Peppas sorting himself out as I am going to detour via Sydney for a few games.I reckon we just get a car - get decent company rates at the new job. sweet

benno_r
4th September 2014, 10:09 AM
sweet

Putting it on your credit card in case of disinfection fees...

coalesce
4th September 2014, 10:12 AM
If Peppas is coming too, we're up to the full 16 - who'd have thought that would happen?!

3Puttpete
4th September 2014, 10:18 AM
Putting it on your credit card in case of disinfection fees... If you're driving it's your card!And yes, you're driving. There's no point both of us being sober

Peppas
4th September 2014, 10:36 AM
Hold that last spot for me... I am just trying to sort a few things out now!

Peppas
4th September 2014, 10:36 AM
Putting it on your credit card in case of disinfection fees...

Am I going to need a gas mask????

3Puttpete
4th September 2014, 10:39 AM
Am I going to need a gas mask???? Windows Pep, windows

nadg63
4th September 2014, 10:59 AM
Hold that last spot for me... I am just trying to sort a few things out now!

Done Peppas, have added you to the 'playing' list, fills all the spots! :)

Peppas
4th September 2014, 12:20 PM
OK I am in. Sat and Sun, same as Benno it looks like.

Where do I pay? :)

coalesce
4th September 2014, 12:23 PM
OK I am in. Sat and Sun, same as Benno it looks like.

Where do I pay? :)

Excellent :)

Do you want to do the Sunday warm up round too?

coalesce
4th September 2014, 12:24 PM
Ignore that - seen your post in the other thread.

And you'd pay nadg - he's putting all the money in his super and preparing to do a runner...

nadg63
4th September 2014, 12:27 PM

And you'd pay nadg - he's putting all the money in his super and preparing to do a runner...

No, investing it all in Malaysian Airlines shares ..................

coalesce
4th September 2014, 12:30 PM
No, investing it all in Malaysian Airlines shares ..................

Is that on your bucket list?

(Ref: http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/malaysia-airlines-dumps-macabre-bucket-list-competition-name/story-e6frfq80-1227046781526)

nadg63
4th September 2014, 12:31 PM
Is that on your bucket list?

(Ref: http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/malaysia-airlines-dumps-macabre-bucket-list-competition-name/story-e6frfq80-1227046781526)

Did actually just come across that on a news site ......................... and no!

Peppas
4th September 2014, 01:00 PM

Yep will send some cash this evening!

So are all the interstaters sharing Jim's room at the breakfree? I've stayed there before, it's not bad. Lots of food around there, plus other activities :) If memory serves me correct its right next to the UniSA Law campus...

Peppas
4th September 2014, 01:17 PM
How far is RA from Adelaide airport? What is the best flight times I should be looking at if flying back out Sunday night??

Peppas
4th September 2014, 01:20 PM
Looking at arriving in Adelaide at 10:35am on Saturday and flying out at 18:40 on Sunday afternoon... enough time before and after rounds?

coalesce
4th September 2014, 01:21 PM
How far is RA from Adelaide airport? What is the best flight times I should be looking at if flying back out Sunday night??

It is probably about 10-15 minutes, depending on traffic and luck at traffic lights.

coalesce
4th September 2014, 01:25 PM
Looking at arriving in Adelaide at 10:35am on Saturday and flying out at 18:40 on Sunday afternoon... enough time before and after rounds?

That ought to be enough time. Can always make sure anyone who has to leave is in the first groups, and then get the presentations done promptly.

All dependent on whether Premier Jay Wetherill, and AFL legend Warren Tredrea can get there early enough to give the prizes out...

Peppas
4th September 2014, 01:26 PM
It is probably about 10-15 minutes, depending on traffic and luck at traffic lights.

Thanks mate... already plans changed. Looks like sticking around for the Monday round too!

nadg63
4th September 2014, 01:54 PM
I need a nap, can't keep up :D

Peppas
4th September 2014, 01:58 PM
I need a nap, can't keep up :D

We've moved the discussion into the Non-RA thread :)

3Puttpete
4th September 2014, 04:12 PM

15 minutes is the round trip

nadg63
4th September 2014, 08:32 PM
If Peppas is coming too, we're up to the full 16 - who'd have thought that would happen?!

Absolutely amazing, nearly fell off of my chair in shock!

Still got to hear from some regarding money though so not a done deal yet ............................

Chris32
5th September 2014, 11:06 AM
Sent through payment this morning, should be a great day!

nadg63
5th September 2014, 02:20 PM
Sent through payment this morning, should be a great day!

Cheers, will book my flights when I have seen it ................ oops I mean I will post confirmation when I receive it :)

nadg63
8th September 2014, 01:25 PM
ONE spot has just become available!

3Puttpete
8th September 2014, 01:26 PM
Lager?

Peppas
8th September 2014, 01:27 PM
Lager?

Larger?

3Puttpete
8th September 2014, 01:38 PM
Larger?

That's not what I've heard

Peppas
8th September 2014, 01:43 PM
That's not what I've heard

I thought we could just add letters to his name until he appeared? I guess not :)

3Puttpete
8th September 2014, 02:36 PM
I thought we could just add letters to his name until he appeared? I guess not :)

Or change

3Puttpete
8th September 2014, 02:37 PM
Larger?

Larder

Peppas
8th September 2014, 02:40 PM
Larder

Lardet

mrbluu
8th September 2014, 02:41 PM
Larder Lalder???

3Puttpete
8th September 2014, 02:41 PM
Que? I give up

Peppas
8th September 2014, 02:43 PM
Bam I win. Now we just need Lager to rock up to this :)

benno_r
8th September 2014, 02:47 PM
Bam I win. Now we just need Lager to rock up to this :)

An open spot, and unlimited Kitchener buns, I thought he would have signed up by now.

and what about 'tarder?

Peppas
8th September 2014, 02:50 PM
An open spot, and unlimited Kitchener buns, I thought he would have signed up by now.

and what about 'tarder?

Wow they look awesome!

Chilled
9th September 2014, 02:50 PM
Bah! Ok, put me down for that last slot. Was definitely required previously but work won't confirm either way now (I don't get told shite!), for that weekend, so I'm going to have a punt anyways. Getting screwed around a bit :( Should find out for certain in the next couple of weeks.

nadg63
9th September 2014, 05:03 PM
Bah! Ok, put me down for that last slot. Was definitely required previously but work won't confirm either way now (I don't get told shite!), for that weekend, so I'm going to have a punt anyways. Getting screwed around a bit :( Should find out for certain in the next couple of weeks.

OK, you're in :)

timinsa
9th September 2014, 10:24 PM
Count me in. I'm a member.So if you leave me out I'll just follow you round & hit up on you.:mrgreen:

marcel
9th September 2014, 10:34 PM
Tim,

If a spot doesn't open up we can do 5 groups I'd think. I've already booked the times with the office and will organise another if needs be.

nadg63
9th September 2014, 10:38 PM
Count me in. I'm a member.So if you leave me out I'll just follow you round & hit up on you.:mrgreen:

Welcome back buddy, long time no see! (did try SMS etc to get in touch but know you've been busy business wise)

Tim,

If a spot doesn't open up we can do 5 groups I'd think. I've already booked the times with the office and will organise another if needs be.

Might be a good idea to book the extra group, let me know and I'll put it out there :)

nadg63
12th September 2014, 03:14 PM
Quite possibly have 3 extra spots available due to the probable addition of a 5th tee booking!

If interested let me know.

coalesce
12th September 2014, 03:16 PM
I thought that put the price up?

nadg63
12th September 2014, 03:43 PM
I thought that put the price up?

Not in this case as the current 17th player, Timinsa, is a member of ......................... RA! (so he can sign in guests too :) )

Chris32
12th September 2014, 04:05 PM
Wow, I don't think they would have had this many groups tee off in succession since the Jacobs Creek Open all those years ago!

timinsa
13th September 2014, 01:54 PM
Funny man.

nadg63
18th September 2014, 09:09 PM
Quite possibly have 3 extra spots available due to the probable addition of a 5th tee booking!

If interested let me know.

So no one else interested in taking part? Just checking as to how many tee times we require :)

3Puttpete
23rd September 2014, 10:27 PM
2 months

benno_r
23rd September 2014, 10:30 PM
2 months

Getting bloody pumped for this! Flights, accom, car all booked. 5 days of golf, that includes NSW, and RA. Awesome!

coalesce
23rd September 2014, 10:43 PM
Me too. I'll be chasing the other rounds this week. Would have done so earlier but work keeps getting in the way!

3Puttpete
23rd September 2014, 10:46 PM
Me too. I'll be chasing the other rounds this week. Would have done so earlier but work keeps getting in the way!

Work is the curse of the drinking class

coalesce
23rd September 2014, 10:49 PM
I reckon Oscar Wilde was onto something there

Hatchman
23rd September 2014, 11:55 PM
I have a warm up game at RA this Monday then Grange on Tuesday :D

coalesce
24th September 2014, 12:04 AM
Plenty of time to go cold again before champs :)

timinsa
24th September 2014, 09:28 AM
What time Monday mate?

Hatchman
24th September 2014, 01:27 PM
Plenty of time to go cold again before champs :)

Hey, I've been stone cold to cold all year.
I've got all my hopes and dreams of salvaging something out of the year in the next 2 1/2 months and now you've poured cold water on it :cry:.

What time Monday mate?

Off at 9am Monday, 1st qualifying round of Country Championship.

3Puttpete
25th September 2014, 12:55 PM
RA website says shorts are allowed on course but not in the dining room.

1. Will I need to be in the dining room?
2. Will I get in as long as I'm not wearing shorts or must I be wearing pants?

Chilled
25th September 2014, 03:19 PM

2. Will I get in as long as I'm not wearing shorts or must I be wearing pants?marcel can probably just confirm but we won't be going in the dining room...probably just grab drinks at the bar and sit inside or out for the presentation. The Bar is seperate from the Dining area and you never need to walk through the Dining area.

http://www.royaladelaidegolf.com.au/cms/functions-events/functions-overview/

Peppas
25th September 2014, 04:01 PM
There's a dress code!?

nadg63
25th September 2014, 04:11 PM

2. Will I get in as long as I'm not wearing shorts or must I be wearing pants?

Hand this one over to you Marcel/Timinsa - ????

marcel
25th September 2014, 04:47 PM
We won't be in the dining room so shorts are fine.

Please read the dress code carefully, any questions ask.

Bar food/light lunch will be available from 11am for those interested. Possibly some food available post round but don't count on it.

3Puttpete
25th September 2014, 05:59 PM
We won't be in the dining room so shorts are fine.

Please read the dress code carefully, any questions ask.

Bar food/light lunch will be available from 11am for those interested. Possibly some food available post round but don't count on it.

Thanks mate.

Does "short club logo socks" literally mean RA logo?

marcel
25th September 2014, 06:16 PM
No, any golf club logo or plain white are ok

3Puttpete
25th September 2014, 06:38 PM

Ta

coalesce
25th September 2014, 06:52 PM

Is this only an issue when wearing shorts?

marcel
25th September 2014, 06:57 PM
Is this only an issue when wearing shorts?

yes

Hatchman
25th September 2014, 08:28 PM
We should feel privileged, not everyone can get a game at RA http://http://www.9news.com.au/entertainment/2014/09/23/04/48/justin-timberlake-adelaide-golf (http://www.9news.com.au/entertainment/2014/09/23/04/48/justin-timberlake-adelaide-golf)

highballin
25th September 2014, 08:44 PM
We should feel privileged, not everyone can get a game at RA http://http://www.9news.com.au/entertainment/2014/09/23/04/48/justin-timberlake-adelaide-golf (http://www.9news.com.au/entertainment/2014/09/23/04/48/justin-timberlake-adelaide-golf)

Yeah well clearly he wouldn't be up to our standard !

marcel
25th September 2014, 09:38 PM
I was in the pro shop Sunday when his assistant and one of his security detail turned up and enquired about Justin getting a game.
If nothing else, the thought of RA being too busy on a Sunday arvo would give the strongest clue that it was a bullshit story

nadg63
25th September 2014, 09:52 PM
I was in the pro shop Sunday when his assistant and one of his security detail turned up and enquired about Justin getting a game.
If nothing else, the thought of RA being too busy on a Sunday arvo would give the strongest clue that it was a bullshit story

Correct Marcel, it's crap! There is another version of events totally contradicting the above!

http://indaily.com.au/news/2014/09/23/justin-timberlake-report-just-wrong/

highballin
26th September 2014, 06:51 AM
Correct Marcel, it's crap! There is another version of events totally contradicting the above!

http://indaily.com.au/news/2014/09/23/justin-timberlake-report-just-wrong/

I'm sticking with the other version. I like the thought that we are going to play RA but JT got the sorry can't fit you in response.:shock:

Hatchman
29th September 2014, 05:34 PM
I'm prime for this now I've had my scouting round.

We playing off the Blues or Whites? Quite a few par 4's over 400m off the Blues.

Don't have to worry about being caught with cored greens. They've only recently been done and are about 2-3 weeks away from being really good.

coalesce
29th September 2014, 06:02 PM
Any stupidly long carries over water?

Peppas
29th September 2014, 06:06 PM
Is there a nice NAGA trophy?

nadg63
29th September 2014, 06:11 PM
Delete

nadg63
29th September 2014, 06:15 PM
Any stupidly long carries over water?

Not that I remember? Don't really recall there being any water at all !?

Excuse my ignorance but what is that?

I'm prime for this now I've had my scouting round.

We playing off the Blues or Whites? Quite a few par 4's over 400m off the Blues.

Don't have to worry about being caught with cored greens. They've only recently been done and are about 2-3 weeks away from being really good.

Probably won't know until on the day - unless Marcel knows differently!

Hatchman
29th September 2014, 07:09 PM
No water carries. Water could come into play thou for the second shot on the par 5 15th if righties hit a big gash cut or shank or snap hook for lefties.

oobsadd2
29th September 2014, 07:53 PM
More chance of being on the train tracks than water :-)
Unlikely to be off the blues for a Sunday, and I doubt many of the members would have played from the tiger tees.
Tiger tee on the second into the wind needs a good drive to reach fairway.

nadg63
29th September 2014, 08:49 PM

In the words of Pauline - "Please explain!?"

Peppas
29th September 2014, 08:56 PM
In the words of Pauline - "Please explain!?"

Are you serious?

nadg63
29th September 2014, 09:06 PM
Are you serious?

Yep! (never played in any comp where this has been 'awarded'!? As I'm in charge of organizing the prizes it might be handy to know what it is)

3Puttpete
29th September 2014, 09:21 PM
Not A Golfer's Ahole. Last place

nadg63
29th September 2014, 09:24 PM
Not A Golfer's Ahole. Last place

Ker-ching! The penny drops :) Seriously never heard of it. Obviously the reward for this prize wise is something stupid - correct?

3Puttpete
29th September 2014, 09:30 PM
The stupider the betterer.

A prize isn't absolutely necessary, as long as it's noted although Peppas seems pretty keen to take something away from the day :)

Peppas
29th September 2014, 09:33 PM
Ker-ching! The penny drops :) Seriously never heard of it. Obviously the reward for this prize wise is something stupid - correct?

No it should be something awesome, thanks. Something that will fit in my golf travel bag would also be nice :)

nadg63
29th September 2014, 09:35 PM

A prize isn't absolutely necessary, as long as it's noted although Peppas seems pretty keen to take something away from the day :)

No it should be something awesome, thanks. Something that will fit in my golf travel bag would also be nice :)

Better look in to it then :)

Peppas
29th September 2014, 09:51 PM
Better look in to it then :)

Thanks mate. I need to win something!

marcel
29th September 2014, 10:17 PM
White tees.

There will be a club comp, probably stableford that can be entered, not compulsory. About $6 to enter

Peppas
29th September 2014, 10:26 PM
Awesome!

3Puttpete
29th September 2014, 10:55 PM
White tees.

There will be a club comp, probably stableford that can be entered, not compulsory. About $6 to enter

Just so I can see it on golflink. Done.

Hatchman
29th September 2014, 11:53 PM
White tees.

Excellent, another round on my way to anchor.

Hatchman
29th September 2014, 11:57 PM

Have seen toilet seats, bags of fertiliser and some plastic boobs given away for NAGA's.

Peppas
30th September 2014, 05:50 AM
Have seen toilet seats, bags of fertiliser and some plastic boobs given away for NAGA's.

All of those sound perfect for if the preso was in the dining room at RA :)

And trying to get back on a plane!

Hatchman
30th September 2014, 09:36 AM
What about a rubber VJJ for being a knut of a golfer. This of course must not be a perpetual trophy :D.

Funky_Cliff
30th September 2014, 10:58 PM
Doesn't look like the other semi was every played between Simsy and Funky Cliff.

I once won a darts tournament that way, which was the only way I was ever going to win a darts tournament

Just because I doubt anyone is interested any more, which is most certainly the best time to clear these things up, I did play Simsy down at the Vines. I'm pretty sure Nadg was even there...

He beat me 1up.

nadg63
1st October 2014, 05:49 AM
Just because I doubt anyone is interested any more, which is most certainly the best time to clear these things up, I did play Simsy down at the Vines. I'm pretty sure Nadg was even there...

He beat me 1up.

Correct, if was the final between Simsy and Chilled that never happened.

Chilled
1st October 2014, 07:41 AM
I'm pretty easy game wise, I usually play both days on weekends. I asked nadg to pass on my contact details to Simsy for him to contact me, re when/where etc, when he was ready to play the final. Never heard anything....*shrug*

coalesce
1st October 2014, 10:31 AM

He beat me 1up.

Wow, a voice from the past :) Welcome back Funky Cliff!

Correct, if was the final between Simsy and Chilled that never happened.

I'm pretty easy game wise, I usually play both days on weekends. I asked nadg to pass on my contact details to Simsy for him to contact me, re when/where etc, when he was ready to play the final. Never heard anything....*shrug*

Maybe on the next OG day they are both playing in, we could finally have a winner ;)

Chilled
1st October 2014, 10:41 AM
Maybe on the next OG day they are both playing in, we could finally have a winner ;)I've washed my hands of it now, horse has bolted, he lived a lone and wonderful life, was buried and is now a fossil.

Peppas
1st October 2014, 11:22 AM
You guys could have a 1 hole playoff at RA? The rest of us can follow you guys like a crowd.

nadg63
1st October 2014, 01:13 PM
I blame the organising committee :-) Flavzz ;-) As Chilled said, that died a death a while ago.

thecollective
1st October 2014, 07:49 PM
Played the course on Monday - rough was absolutely brutal this time (wayward driving! not normally an issue for me) - greens were not so good but only 9 days since coring so no high expectations there. Should be cherry ripe by 23/11

TC

Hatchman
3rd October 2014, 12:19 PM
Kept it under the ton I see. Yes it was tough out there. Did you play it off the whites or the pro plates at RA.
I noticed other grades playing off the whites at Grange. One of my mates played in a group with 2 off the pro plates and other in the group off the whites.

thecollective
5th October 2014, 11:16 PM
Hatchman; yes off the Whites in the Presidents cup - I don't play, practise enough and probably not good enough to get down to single figures, had a nightmare round and never really struggled like that off the tee. Its a course that you must find the fairway. Grange was another story, shot a solid 89 although could have been lower. Man I love that west course so much fun with the wide fairways and shaped greens.

TC

nadg63
6th October 2014, 01:27 PM
Daggs has put his hand up as a possible, anyone else as that leaves a couple of spots in a fifth group!?

nadg63
17th October 2014, 04:17 PM
Daggs has put his hand up as a possible, anyone else as that leaves a couple of spots in a fifth group!?

Daggs is now a confirmed entry, along with me that takes us to 18, just as well Marcel was looking in to a fifth group! Phew :neutral:

So currently we are looking at groups of 3x 4 and 2x 3, still a couple of spots spare!

AndyP
17th October 2014, 04:29 PM
A couple of weeks ago, I mentioned to the missus that OZgolf now had Champs in SA, and she said that she was surprised that I wasn't going. Seeing this as an opening, I asked if I could go. She said no.

nadg63
17th October 2014, 04:36 PM
A couple of weeks ago, I mentioned to the missus that OZgolf now had Champs in SA, and she said that she was surprised that I wasn't going. Seeing this as an opening, I asked if I could go. She said no.

Gotta love 'em, that's funny :D

benno_r
17th October 2014, 04:43 PM

Unleash the Beast! Come anyway.

coalesce
17th October 2014, 04:49 PM

Haha. That made me laugh in the office, which in turn got me some strange looks... :)

Hatchman
17th October 2014, 06:41 PM

I see your problem. It's better to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission :razz:.

Having said that I'm still plotting ways to get the Saturday round at Lady Bay past the Minister :smt087. I'll wait unit Club Champs has finished in 3 weeks to bring that up.

AndyP
17th October 2014, 10:18 PM
I'll try another year. Mid major renovations probably isn't the best time. It looks to be a great weekend.

coalesce
17th October 2014, 10:40 PM
I'll try another year. Mid major renovations probably isn't the best time. It looks to be a great weekend.

What is she having done? ;)

nadg63
18th October 2014, 11:27 AM
What is she having done? ;)

Haha :D

nadg63
23rd October 2014, 09:57 AM
One month!

Peppas
23rd October 2014, 10:15 AM
Get excited. I just want to break 20pts :)

3Puttpete
23rd October 2014, 10:52 AM
Get excited. I just want to break 20pts :)

If you mean this in the same way you want to break 90, I have complete faith in you [emoji3]

Peppas
23rd October 2014, 11:07 AM
If you mean this in the same way you want to break 90, I have complete faith in you [emoji3]

I haven't broken 90 in my last 15 rounds. It's great to be in form :)

nadg63
23rd October 2014, 01:16 PM
To all non RA members taking part in the Champs, could you please PM me the details below:

Name (real one!)

Address

Golflink No. (this mainly for if you want to also play the RA pro shop comp on the day - $6)

Think that's it, member club maybe?

Reason for this is so Marcel can have everyone booked in early at RA to save time; I'll also arrive early to pay the green fees so all the formalities will have been taken care of prior to tee off :-)

Cheers.

Peppas
23rd October 2014, 01:34 PM
PM sent nadg. Enjoy the deets.

3Puttpete
23rd October 2014, 01:45 PM
PM sent

benno_r
23rd October 2014, 02:01 PM
PM sent

jimandr
23rd October 2014, 02:10 PM
PM sent.

If you need my address so you are arranging to have my house robbed while I'm in Adelaide, .... my only items of any value (the clubs) will be coming with me, but for insurance purposes my TV will be valued at $10,000. Tell me which pawn shop it will go to so I can buy it back for $50.

coalesce
23rd October 2014, 02:22 PM

PM sent

PM sent

PM sent.

You interstaters are so keen :)

3Puttpete
23rd October 2014, 02:28 PM
You interstaters are so keen :)

Keen to make you and Peppas my bitches

Peppas
23rd October 2014, 02:32 PM
Keen to make you and Peppas my bitches

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH! See you on Hindley St ;)

3Puttpete
23rd October 2014, 03:15 PM
OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH! See you on Hindley St ;) So you're keen then!

thecollective
23rd October 2014, 03:33 PM
PM Sent!

Bring on Seaton Links! I mean Royal Adelaide

TC

nadg63
23rd October 2014, 04:21 PM

Received

PM sent

???????????????? not received!

PM sent

Received

PM sent.

If you need my address so you are arranging to have my house robbed while I'm in Adelaide, .... my only items of any value (the clubs) will be coming with me, but for insurance purposes my TV will be valued at $10,000. Tell me which pawn shop it will go to so I can buy it back for $50.

PM received

PM Sent!

Bring on Seaton Links! I mean Royal Adelaide

TC

PM received.

Thanks guys, BUT for some reason 3puttpete your PM is the only one to not have shown up - !?

Got yours jasonb and Coalesce.

Peppas
23rd October 2014, 04:22 PM
So you're keen then!

Yeah gotta visit the nightlife ;)

3Puttpete
23rd October 2014, 04:30 PM
Sent again mate

nadg63
23rd October 2014, 05:00 PM
Sent again mate

Got it this time, all is good :)

3Puttpete
23rd October 2014, 05:07 PM
Got it this time, all is good :)

Sweet

3Puttpete
23rd October 2014, 05:10 PM
Yeah gotta visit the nightlife ;)

What's this Mars Bar you pm'd me about?

Peppas
23rd October 2014, 05:11 PM
What's this Mars Bar you pm'd me about?

Must've been Benno, not me.

nadg63
23rd October 2014, 06:14 PM

:-)

3Puttpete
23rd October 2014, 06:22 PM

Ah ha. That clears that up then

nadg63
23rd October 2014, 08:36 PM
PM's received Highballin/HatchmanSS76 :)

Chilled
23rd October 2014, 08:42 PM
Address??? What the??

Peppas
23rd October 2014, 08:42 PM
Ah ha. That clears that up then

Yeah I think there's also a cream for that... maybe we should move this convo into the non champs rounds thread :)

nadg63
23rd October 2014, 09:03 PM
Address??? What the??

I don't know, I'm just the messenger - no-one else had a problem with it!

Chilled
23rd October 2014, 09:05 PM
I don't know, I'm just the messenger - no-one else had a problem with it!Good for them! :D

Oh btw, playing your home club tomorrow :)

Peppas
23rd October 2014, 09:11 PM
I don't know, I'm just the messenger - no-one else had a problem with it!

I thought you were going to post us a written letter of invitation?

Chilled
23rd October 2014, 09:13 PM
I thought you were going to post us a written letter of invitation?All the prizes will be mailed to you ;)

Peppas
23rd October 2014, 09:16 PM
all the prizes will be mailed to you ;)

booyah!

Chilled
23rd October 2014, 09:20 PM
Or maybe it's required for when you get your 2015 Tour card and your invite is sent out for next years RA Major!

I for one am looking forward to defending my title next year :)

nadg63
23rd October 2014, 09:34 PM
Good for them! :D

Oh btw, playing your home club tomorrow :)

Greens are just starting to come good again after coring, had gotten a bit quicker last weekend. The summer golf approach seems to be working best, drop it short and let it run! What time are you there? (I'm working)

I thought you were going to post us a written letter of invitation?

It's in the post ...... ;)

Chilled
23rd October 2014, 09:57 PM
Greens are just starting to come good again after coring, had gotten a bit quicker last weekend. The summer golf approach seems to be working best, drop it short and let it run! What time are you there? (I'm working)Yeah we know you work until lunchtime friday's so we booked an early morning slot :D haha

Kidding! Mate booked it, 9:03. Full four on the tee I believe.

coalesce
23rd October 2014, 10:38 PM
I'll be able to get more Fridays in now too. Hopefully from next week..

marcel
26th October 2014, 08:57 PM
PM sent.

Nothing nefarious Jim and others. The guest sign in book in the pro shop asks for Club (if you have one) and residential address. I was taking the bother out of anyone having to fill in their details but you're most welcome to if you'd rather

nadg63
1st November 2014, 09:21 AM
This month ..... :-)

3Puttpete
1st November 2014, 09:32 AM

Much excite

benno_r
1st November 2014, 09:59 AM

Very Very Excite!

Peppas
1st November 2014, 06:14 PM
So much excite!

nadg63
1st November 2014, 06:30 PM
Pressure is on to live up to all this expectation/excitement!

Peppas
1st November 2014, 06:42 PM
Pressure is on to live up to all this expectation/excitement!

Just make sure my NAGA prize is easy to bring on a plane

nadg63
1st November 2014, 06:49 PM
Just make sure my NAGA prize is easy to bring on a plane

It is!

Peppas
1st November 2014, 06:55 PM
It is!

Excellent, double excite!

Daggs
1st November 2014, 07:03 PM
Peppas you have some pretty stiff competition for that naga and it had better be good prize I dont want anything useless :-)

Peppas
1st November 2014, 07:05 PM
Peppas you have some pretty stiff competition for that naga and it had better be good prize I dont want anything useless :-)

Bro why don't you just win the whole shebangabang and leave the NAGA for me OK? :)

Daggs
1st November 2014, 07:13 PM
Bro why don't you just win the whole shebangabang and leave the NAGA for me OK? :)

I Think out side the square so i recon highest score should win like it does in most other games then id have this thing covered ;-p

Peppas
1st November 2014, 07:20 PM
I Think out side the square so i recon highest score should win like it does in most other games then id have this thing covered ;-p

I'll be dragging my anchor by the time this is on so :)

Hatchman
2nd November 2014, 01:53 AM
I'm not out of this NAGA challenge by a long shot.
High DSR today stopped me from getting the extra shot I've been working hard on by playing sh!t.

Daggs
2nd November 2014, 04:51 AM
I'm not out of this NAGA challenge by a long shot.
High DSR today stopped me from getting the extra shot I've been working hard on by playing sh!t.

Thats excellent :-) only a couple of weeks of TANKING left and we'll find out i guess ;-)
I could quite possibly raise the bat on on a par 3 course the way im playing at the moment :-(

Chris32
3rd November 2014, 03:57 PM
Mentioned it to nadg, I'm happy to print up some sticker/labels at work so everyone can work out who everyone is!

I've met a few attending, however I think it might be handy to easily identify everyone from here

thoughts?

Peppas
3rd November 2014, 04:00 PM
Sure. They will go well when we go out on hindley st apparantly

backintheswing
3rd November 2014, 04:07 PM
Sure. They will go well when we go out on hindley st apparantly

Peppas will be harder to recognise now he's turned 54. Are you ageing gracefully mate?

Peppas
3rd November 2014, 04:17 PM
Peppas will be harder to recognise now he's turned 54. Are you ageing gracefully mate?

Yes mate, you know it.

Ill get way more tail on hindley st now, chicks dig old guys right?

Chris32
3rd November 2014, 04:17 PM
I'd remove the name badges on Hindley, a quirky nickname plastered on your breast might suggest your services are available for hire

backintheswing
3rd November 2014, 04:19 PM
Yes mate, you know it.

Ill get way more tail on hindley st now, chicks dig old guys right?

Do you have lots of cash? That's what they dig, especially the ones you will see out and about with Benno.

Peppas
3rd November 2014, 04:28 PM
Do you have lots of cash? That's what they dig, especially the ones you will see out and about with Benno.

Sounds like you are speaking from experience :)

Peppas
3rd November 2014, 04:29 PM
I'd remove the name badges on Hindley, a quirky nickname plastered on your breast might suggest your services are available for hire

Awesome!!!

backintheswing
3rd November 2014, 04:31 PM
Sounds like you are speaking from experience :)

Plenty of experience, although none with Benno. I have seen his avatar though.

3Puttpete
3rd November 2014, 04:46 PM

After a big Saturday night, it might be better to remove the name badge at RA.

No Marcel, I didn't even go in there.

Peppas
3rd November 2014, 06:24 PM
After a big Saturday night, it might be better to remove the name badge at RA.

No Marcel, I didn't even go in there.

I don't get this because its cryptic but I like it all the same

Peppas
3rd November 2014, 06:24 PM
Plenty of experience, although none with Benno. I have seen his avatar though.

I bet you like to support single mums too :)

Must be an old man thing!

backintheswing
3rd November 2014, 06:25 PM
I'm 6 years younger than you.

Peppas
3rd November 2014, 06:34 PM
I'm 6 years younger than you.

Thats why you can handle the stiffer shafts big boppa :)

AndyP
3rd November 2014, 08:37 PM
Hey Guys, OZgolf is happy to kick some OZgolf money in for prizes for the day.

2015 SA Champs ($150)
Champion: OZg$90
Runner Up: OZg$45
3rd: OZg$15

OZgolf dollars (OZg$) can be used for:

Transactions in the Pro Shop forum area (money to be paid to the seller by OZgolf)
OZgolf Merchandise
Donation to an OZgolf chosen charity, such as, Beyond Blue or Toowoomba Hospital Oncology Ward
Payments for future Champs events.

Daggs
3rd November 2014, 09:09 PM
Awsome Andy cheers mate .
But how come you didnt jack up the NAGA for me :)

AndyP
3rd November 2014, 09:12 PM
Awsome Andy cheers mate .
But how come you didnt jack up the NAGA for me :)
I don't want to encourage tanking.

coalesce
3rd November 2014, 09:23 PM
Thanks Andy :)))

Peppas
3rd November 2014, 09:28 PM
I don't want to encourage tanking.

Why so negative andy???

highballin
4th November 2014, 07:05 AM
Sweet thanks Andy. Shame interstate visitors are barred from winning any prizes.

benno_r
4th November 2014, 08:16 AM
Sweet thanks Andy. Shame interstate visitors are barred from winning any prizes.

Precedence has been set. I took NSW's money, and I'll take yours too! :D

Peppas
4th November 2014, 08:19 AM

Yeah go Benno! Then we will have more tipping dollars for Sunday night!

3Puttpete
4th November 2014, 08:24 AM

It's my turn

highballin
4th November 2014, 09:00 AM

Haha boys we need more barrels :(

nadg63
4th November 2014, 09:04 AM
Hey Guys, OZgolf is happy to kick some OZgolf money in for prizes for the day.

2015 SA Champs ($150)
Champion: OZg$90
Runner Up: OZg$45
3rd: OZg$15

OZgolf dollars (OZg$) can be used for:

Transactions in the Pro Shop forum area (money to be paid to the seller by OZgolf)
OZgolf Merchandise
Donation to an OZgolf chosen charity, such as, Beyond Blue or Toowoomba Hospital Oncology Ward
Payments for future Champs events.

Thank you very much AndyP :)

nadg63
4th November 2014, 12:31 PM
Looks like there will be 19 players taking part now that Daggs and Kunkie have come on board - happy with that :)

highballin
4th November 2014, 12:43 PM
Excellent Nadg wasn't long ago we were struggling to get a foursome. Our monthly gatherings almost two foursomes now. I am sure we will have a great champs at RA things are looking up.;)

Peppas
4th November 2014, 12:55 PM
It's gonna be awesome

highballin
4th November 2014, 01:08 PM
It's gonna be awesome

Yep :D

Hatchman
4th November 2014, 01:22 PM
Haha boys we need more barrels :(

We have 1000lt IBC's of concentrated hydrochloric acid a work, do I need bring some of that too?

highballin
4th November 2014, 01:56 PM
We have 1000lt IBC's of concentrated hydrochloric acid a work, do I need bring some of that too?

Yep we want no traces :lol:

thecollective
6th November 2014, 03:01 PM
played the course again yesterday, greens were cherry ripe! lots of run on the fairways and strong winds! was hitting my 2 Iron downwind around 220!

Had 34 points - a significant improvement from last time I was round!

Looking forward to it!

TC

coalesce
6th November 2014, 03:52 PM
New favourite for champs? ;)