PDA

View Full Version : Penalties for no-shows.

Grunt
18th February 2006, 02:31 PM
Hi everyone

What is your courses penalty for not showing up or being late for a tee time?
Today @ Macarthur Grange we had heaps of no shows or late player in a full time sheet. It was discraceful, the owner even turned up late for his tee slot. I could not get a mate of mine a start yesterday and today there were over 5 groups of 3 in the comp.

AndyP
18th February 2006, 02:36 PM
No penalty as far as I know.

Grunt
18th February 2006, 02:39 PM
I have suggested one warning then loss of playing rights for a week the next time. Respect given for genuine excuses.

Keza_G
18th February 2006, 02:45 PM
Single Stab here a Riverlakes today and after a full field last week we had 7 no shows and 15 late turn up....

Repeat No show get a letter of suspension for 1 month, Late turn ups will now be forced to the back of the field...so as to keep the field moving...

Some think it's a bit harsh, but as an example, we have had one particular member who puts his name down and every week for the last 7 weeks his partners have no showed.... Bit un fair on that bloke who turns up on time and ready to play, especially in 4ball events.

Cheers

Keza

Grunt
18th February 2006, 02:54 PM
We had a guy who put his name + vis, vis & vis in the slot and no-showed.
I like your rules keza.
I also found out today that the proshop actually fill in the first five groups when the sheet comes out.

Keza_G
18th February 2006, 03:02 PM
I also found out today that the proshop actually fill in the first five groups when the sheet comes out.

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

We have some guys who fill the morning slots every week, but the actually make the effort to do it themselves....

Cheers

Keza

Grunt
18th February 2006, 03:09 PM
Yeah that would be fair Keza but there is no set day or time for sheets to come out. Also our Sat Comp is only open from 6:30 to 8:30 then reopens at 9:30 due to social clubs off the back tees.

Andrew
18th February 2006, 03:09 PM
My previous course had the penalty for Saturday comps of not being allowed to put your name down the next Saturday even if it was a first offence.

amanda
18th February 2006, 03:22 PM
New Brighton has a very firm rule - if you book and do not cancel within 24 hours, you will be charged the comp fee of $12.

If you cancel within 24 hours but have medical certificate then there is no penalty.

goughy
18th February 2006, 03:43 PM
No penalties at our course that I know of, although you might get a harsh word or stare from the pro.

There used to be a kind of in-house morning group and one particular member would fill in up to 24 timeslots when the sheet came out and they were always getting no-shows etc. They changed the rule so that a person could only fill out 1 timeslot on the timesheet.

McMw
18th February 2006, 03:44 PM
clubs should charge the comp fees if it's a no-show...

if u turn up late - well...it's a 2stroker or DQ...

Fishman Dan
18th February 2006, 03:55 PM
New Brighton has a very firm rule - if you book and do not cancel within 24 hours, you will be charged the comp fee of $12.

If you cancel within 24 hours but have medical certificate then there is no penalty.

That'd be fine if you knew a dodgy doctor ;)

No fine at Gordon as far as i'm aware of, and there are plenty every week including today - i played in a 3-ball.

Tomorrow's sheet is full too, but there will be some spots come the morning. Hoping so, it's the first weekend of double-golf i've had in a looooong time. It's also annoying because i can't make a guarrantee that i can get a whole group (or 2?) to get some of you guys a start.

Grunt
18th February 2006, 04:03 PM
Have sent an email to the club notifying them of all your feedback guys/girls. Thank You.

3oneday
18th February 2006, 06:18 PM
I had a call from a mate yesterday who was looking for a spot at my home course today. He knew I was playing Dunheved instead of Windsor but the club captain had put me down to play with him today. If my mate hadn't been looking for a spot I would have done the same thing, not turned up, I had no idea he was putting me down, he was meant to last week. Silly old bugger :lol:

Pete

markTHEblake
18th February 2006, 06:27 PM
our rule is 2nd offence is 1 weeks suspension. rarely if ever enforced but occasionly they fire up a few people with the first warning. and then guess who slept through his tee time for the first time ever......

raidrboy
18th February 2006, 09:08 PM
Yeah that would be fair Keza but there is no set day or time for sheets to come out. Also our Sat Comp is only open from 6:30 to 8:30 then reopens at 9:30 due to social clubs off the back tees.

Saturday comp closed for an hour for social golf, that sounds like dollar chasing to me! No social golf at my club on Saturdays until after 2.30pm.

Grunt
18th February 2006, 09:15 PM
sure is raidrboy, was told today without social clubs the memberships cost would double

3oneday
19th February 2006, 04:24 AM
sure is raidrboy, was told today without social clubs the memberships cost would doublesocial golf is some clubs lifeblood.

Comps only charge 50% or less of what social golfers pay (except for Glenmore on a Sunday), it's a quick win....

Pete