PDA

View Full Version : Back pain from driving range

magman
26th May 2014, 04:48 PM
Hey all,

Went to the range on Saturday, hit 80 balls, and the next day my back was really sore. So went again this morning, started practicing, and about halfway through, after one shot I really hurt my back, and was really painful. So bad that I had to stop and sit, and was struggling back to the car carrying my clubs.

I always have a few warm up and stretch drills before, but it's never happened to me. Any ideas or suggestions what could cause it? No real big changes to my swing,

Wenz
26th May 2014, 04:53 PM
Where you trying to go at some drives?
Whenever I really try pump 10 or more out there, I wake up really sore the next morning?

magman
26th May 2014, 04:56 PM
Where you trying to go at some drives?
Whenever I really try pump 10 or more out there, I wake up really sore the next morning?

I sometimes go with only my driver, and smash 100 balls with it, but today and on saturday, I hit about 10 balls with driver, then swop for another random club, then swop again. The pain hit me today especially after one particular shot

magman
26th May 2014, 08:09 PM
Funny thing is I have just recently moved closer to the ball in my setup, into a more normal set up with my driver, and this vid mentions standing to close to the ball, does make sense.

http://moenormangolf.com/learnmore/do-you-have-back-pain/

goughy
27th May 2014, 06:52 AM
Or it's that fact you're getting less break between shots. You're not walking around, having a few minutes break etc etc. Could be just hitting ball after ball. Or you're getting old!