PDA

View Full Version : What puts you off a round of golf?

Ferrins
24th May 2014, 04:39 PM
Your set to play a round and you bail, why? I turned up to the golf club today and went up to register and then the thought of playing a stableford round put me off so bailed and went back home.

Buzz
24th May 2014, 04:45 PM
Nothing. Has never happened.

Shortylook
24th May 2014, 05:08 PM
lightning,probably the only thing that would/has stopped me

Captain Nemo
24th May 2014, 05:36 PM
Rain.
If it's drizzling I don't bother getting out of the car sometimes....

Grunt
24th May 2014, 05:39 PM
My lack of ability!

Lagerlover
24th May 2014, 05:41 PM
Cored greens

Mayhem
24th May 2014, 06:35 PM
Seeing the coring machine getting loaded back into the work shed or the truck. Even though courses sometimes give discounts when the greens are under maintenance, i still don't like it.

mike
24th May 2014, 06:36 PM
Cost.

A month or so ago I thought I'd go have a hit. Got there and found out it was day two of our club open. Cost was more than double what we normally pay. No thanks.

Went home and took the missus out for lunch instead. Cost me double that again but it's the principle.

BUSHY
24th May 2014, 06:40 PM
Cost.

A month or so ago I thought I'd go have a hit. Got there and found out it was day two of our club open. Cost was more than double what we normally pay. No thanks.

Went home and took the missus out for lunch instead. Cost me double that again but it's the principle.

You sure showed them.

mike
24th May 2014, 06:42 PM
It wasn't about showing them anything.

Buzz
24th May 2014, 07:32 PM
My lack of ability! If that was a factor I would never play !

Hatchman
24th May 2014, 07:45 PM
Nothing.

matty
24th May 2014, 10:12 PM
Two things, turning up for a social hit and seeing multiple groups on the tee, and if it was absolutely pissing down. I usually manage to avoid both.

Jarro
24th May 2014, 10:17 PM
Rain.

Yossarian
24th May 2014, 10:24 PM
The fact there are no mods or infraction points to keep things safe. Real life scares me.

BUSHY
25th May 2014, 06:39 PM
Nothing.

Agreed.

Coldtopper
25th May 2014, 07:24 PM
Wasn't going to post for a while but this thread is awsome!
My list in no numerical order.
. Playing partners called Wayne, Dwyane or other crap names or ending with a dyn or den jayden, brayden or what ever all the same
. Accountant, school teachers or other unsatisfactory occupation
. Vertically challenged golfers from Nudgee or its reciprocal clubs
. Playing at Nudgee or one its reciprocal clubs
. Any 9+ handicapper that uses a range finder
. That awaful feeling of realising that the first hole is the best and it isn't getting better
. Inappropriately dressed golfers that look like Ronnie McDonald
. The golfer who presumes he is the low marker of a group
. A member from a crap course who talks that course up
. Any golfer giving swing advice to anyone with out being asked these are generally accounts off 4, in fluro, Nudgee member using a range finder.
. The golfer who presumes.
. The golfer who talks about their lowest handicap.
. Poor course maintenance, slow greens, no fringes on clay courses and no drinks cart
That just a start.

peter_rs
25th May 2014, 07:37 PM
Coldtopper I feel sorry for you.... You must never play

backintheswing
25th May 2014, 07:38 PM
Playing with ex pro's does my head in. And no not you Mitch lol. 3 of them here at my local club and they all get around like their shit don't stink. Honestly if you were any good, wtf are you doing playing in a single stab????

Yossarian
25th May 2014, 07:44 PM
. Playing partners called Wayne, Dwyane or other crap names or ending with a dyn or den jayden, brayden or what ever all the same
. That awaful feeling of realising that the first hole is the best and it isn't getting better
. Any golfer giving swing advice to anyone with out being asked these are generally accounts off 4, in fluro, Nudgee member using a range finder.
. Poor course maintenance, slow greens, no fringes on clay courses and no drinks cart
That just a start.

Not sure if troll or srs.

The Castaway
25th May 2014, 08:16 PM
. no drinks cart
That just a start.

A bit tough on school teachers - the keys to our future.
But otherwise would anyone want to play with a brightly dressed accountant unless there's a drinks cart ?
You don't need to further qualify with range finder and a Nudgee context.
Cheers

3Puttpete
25th May 2014, 08:18 PM
That just a start.

That's a relief

Iain
25th May 2014, 08:19 PM
Blah
Blah
Blah
That just a start.

I'd hate to see the full list.

Coldtopper
25th May 2014, 08:28 PM
Playing with ex pro's does my head in. And no not you Mitch lol. 3 of them here at my local club and they all get around like their shit don't stink. Honestly if you were any good, wtf are you doing playing in a single stab???? Tip is dont take it seriously I couldnt give a ~@#$ when I play except if i get annoyed. They are probably having a hard time adjusting to playing in a single stab comp as well. I bet if you had a round for a few $$ they may suprise you but then again some of biggest flogs I have ever meet was on the Troppo tour and Qld pga members.

davepuppies
25th May 2014, 08:29 PM
Rain or cored greens

Sydney Hacker
25th May 2014, 08:31 PM
Tip is dont take it seriously I couldnt give a ~@#$ when I play except if i get annoyed. They are probably having a hard time adjusting to playing in a single stab comp as well. I bet if you had a round for a few $$ they may suprise you but then again some of biggest flogs I have ever meet was on the Troppo tour and Qld pga members. And their thoughts on you?

AndyP
25th May 2014, 08:32 PM
Coldtopper I feel sorry for you.... You must never play
He sounds like the guy that noone wants to play with.

WBennett
25th May 2014, 08:33 PM
Playing partners who are complete sooks who whinge about everything. Ie Coldtopper.

sms316
25th May 2014, 08:34 PM
Snow

Steve
25th May 2014, 08:34 PM
Starting in rain

Coldtopper
25th May 2014, 08:36 PM
My number one is
Any afternoon player who waits to the 10th before having a beer!

Webster
25th May 2014, 08:37 PM
Four asian green fee players in the group in front.

Coldtopper
25th May 2014, 08:38 PM
Playing partners who are complete sooks who whinge about everything. Ie Coldtopper. Are you an accountant, school teacher, off 10 and use a range finder or just vertically challenged?

990B Luva
25th May 2014, 08:39 PM
My number one is Any afternoon player who waits to the 10th before having a beer! Only reason that happens for me is if I have to drive.

WBennett
25th May 2014, 08:41 PM
None of the above.

What do I dislike? Slow groups in front.
Slow players in my group.
Women off 45
Juniors who cant count.

And about three blokes in the club I just refuse to play with

Coldtopper
25th May 2014, 08:45 PM
Coldtopper I feel sorry for you.... You must never play But you play at Nudgee?

peter_rs
25th May 2014, 08:51 PM
Is that a fact or a question?

IamViva
25th May 2014, 09:03 PM
i feel privileged to be mentioned in coldtoppers list!

i never pull out, even if i forgot my raincoat

wrong thread?

meh
25th May 2014, 09:03 PM
Rain.
If it's drizzling I don't bother getting out of the car sometimes....

Same.

Daves
25th May 2014, 09:10 PM
i feel privileged to be mentioned in coldtoppers list!

i never pull out, even if i forgot my raincoat

wrong thread?

Lager said your Dad had the same problem!

Lagerlover
25th May 2014, 09:12 PM
heehee

JADO75
25th May 2014, 09:13 PM
Pissing down rain
Grown men under 60 that have handicaps over 27
Women playing on a Saturday

Croydo
25th May 2014, 09:19 PM
If it rains before I am due to tee off, then I cancel out.

IamViva
25th May 2014, 09:20 PM
Lager said your Dad had the same problem!
was only a problem for lager because he preferred it on his face.

Lagerlover
25th May 2014, 09:22 PM
rude.

mrbluu
25th May 2014, 09:23 PM
Clueless players ( generally high markers and/or old blokes) who have no etiquette and trample all over your line.

Lagerlover
25th May 2014, 09:25 PM
Clueless players ( generally high markers and/or old blokes) who have no etiquette and trample all over your line. Daves classes that as gamesmanship.

KristianJ
25th May 2014, 09:29 PM
I'm fine with light rain...pissing down or torrential forecast is another matter though.

But I had a couple of Benno's pet hates today...a 45 capper female and a couple of slowish pokes. It was more the bunting aspect of her play that got tedious and slowed things up other than anything else...Betty White stuff, I'd say.

jimandr
25th May 2014, 09:52 PM
After a bit of thought, here is my list. Many things have been mentioned, but a few have not. These are the things that will stop me playing at all. Once I reach the course, I'm playing, no matter what.

Known club throwers and tantrum throwers.
Extreme heat - 40 degrees on the forecast and I cancel
Early starts - sorry boys, I'm just not playing before about 8.30
Heavy dew/frost - see above
Cored greens
Lady Partners of handicap 30 and above
Likely flooding of the course - I can put up with a bit of rain, but I'll bail if I know the course can't take it.
Father/son combo's when the son is a kid.
Groups that are known golf course gamblers - some love a side bet, but I don't.

PerryGroves
25th May 2014, 10:00 PM

we are unlikely to play jimandr. I have played hundreds, even maybe a couple of thousand rounds over 35 years. Even when I was a kid we bet. I don't like playing for real money however a couple of side bets (always under 40 dollars) gives you something to play for when you are having one of the many many 30-32 point rounds.

Buzz
25th May 2014, 10:05 PM
Actually having read the thread I'll amend my answer ... The one thing that would give me pause is playing in a group with three single figure players who have the attitude that if your cap is over 15 you don't belong on the course, or even as a member.

BenM
25th May 2014, 10:18 PM
Ex pros who think they're better than everyone else.

Dotty
26th May 2014, 06:41 AM
Two things, turning up for a social hit and seeing multiple groups on the tee, and if it was absolutely pissing down. I usually manage to avoid both.
+1 million and +1.

ZENNON
26th May 2014, 09:01 AM
Has never happened.
x2

ZENNON
26th May 2014, 09:04 AM
Grown men under 60 that have handicaps over 27
That's quite an exact figure..

Monsta
26th May 2014, 11:12 AM
Nothing will stop me playing

If grouped with a woman, I will change groups, they should be in the kitchen, not on the golf course..........

Bruce
26th May 2014, 11:33 AM
The casual sexism of golfers is really odd.

WBennett
26th May 2014, 12:55 PM
Bruce

I dislike playing with blokes off 36 who should be off 45 as much.

Add cored greens to my list. Especially when you didn't know they were cored before you turned up, and you have driven an hour or two or more to play there that day.

shazza_rs
26th May 2014, 02:19 PM
I find it amusing so many of you hate playing with high handicap lady players. If those were my criteria I'd never get a game in the Saturday comp.

I find it just as irritating to play with high handicapped male golfers. At least (and this is a big generalisation) lady high handicappers know their limitations and tend to keep a good pace of play up. Men high handicappers on the other hand still think they can hit a green from 210+m away when they have hit their drive 150!!

PS. Final round of club champs for me last Saturday. 3hrs 45min round following group of said high handicapper ladies.

coalesce
26th May 2014, 02:52 PM
High handicappers, low handicappers, I hate playing with people who either take the game too seriously, or not seriously enough. Why can't everyone be just right? :)

It doesn't put me off playing altogether but I don't like playing with people who say aww fing this fing that after every shot. Get over yourselves - you're going to mess shots up but that doesn't mean you have to bellow it across the course...

JADO75
26th May 2014, 03:09 PM
That's quite an exact figure..

I think if you're under 60 years if age you shouldn't be able to have a hcp higher than 27. If you can't play to 27 stiff shite, get out & practice like the rest of us have to get to a respectable hcp. If you're over 60, you've earnt a head start from a shorter tee box & a higher hcp.

Wenz
26th May 2014, 03:12 PM
Heavy winds combined with rain!

Waddzy
26th May 2014, 03:15 PM
Raining to the point of flooded greens.. other than that I don't even have wet weather gear and ill generally stick it out.

Also guys who wait before hitting into a green from 200m+ out when they've played driver to about 170 off the tee... that nearly killed me during the club champs the past few weeks and took every bit of patience I have not to walk after 9 holes.

coalesce
26th May 2014, 03:16 PM
I think if you're under 60 years if age you shouldn't be able to have a hcp higher than 27. If you can't play to 27 stiff shite, get out & practice like the rest of us have to get to a respectable hcp. If you're over 60, you've earnt a head start from a shorter tee box & a higher hcp.

I didn't think handicaps could go above 28 (for men) until I moved to Aus. Apparently in France, you start with a handicap of 54!!!

ZENNON
26th May 2014, 03:23 PM
Oh yeah totally understand. I'm off 21.2 so not offended or anything.
Was more just wondering if there was any reasoning behind specifically picking "27" as your "cutoff"
Thought maybe there was a joke in there about another ozgolfer :P

Coldtopper
26th May 2014, 03:50 PM
I find it amusing so many of you hate playing with high handicap lady players. If those were my criteria I'd never get a game in the Saturday comp.

I find it just as irritating to play with high handicapped male golfers. At least (and this is a big generalisation) lady high handicappers know their limitations and tend to keep a good pace of play up. Men high handicappers on the other hand still think they can hit a green from 210+m away when they have hit their drive 150!!

PS. Final round of club champs for me last Saturday. 3hrs 45min round following group of said high handicapper ladies. Im so with you! I prefer to play with a group of ladies anyday! Males off 10 = Women off 27-36 handicaps same same IMHO. I should have added men who dont like playing with women to my list.
Retarded golfers with hooks!!!

mrbluu
26th May 2014, 03:55 PM

Why would this bother u???

Wenz
26th May 2014, 03:59 PM
You can never trust yardage markers

Dotty
26th May 2014, 05:01 PM

I don't presume to have the honour every hole. I just tee off first to speed up play because I'm ready and can't reach the group ahead.

Other than that, I fit all your criteria for a perfect playing partner. :)

JADO75
26th May 2014, 05:01 PM
Im so with you! I prefer to play with a group of ladies anyday! Males off 10 = Women off 27-36 handicaps same same IMHO. I should have added men who dont like playing with women to my list.
Retarded golfers with hooks!!!

By all means add it mate, whether its right or wrong some of us would rather not play golf with women. Love that you think it's wrong for blokes to not want to play golf with birds yet are comfy enough to throw around the word retard

Buzz
26th May 2014, 05:26 PM
Jado, on the 27 limit issue ... Don't you think this is a disincentive for people looking to take up the game as an adult? Saying you have to be able to break 100 consistently before you can play comp would be a powerful disincentive.

JADO75
26th May 2014, 06:01 PM
Shits me to tears seeing blokes off 27+ that put no effort into their golf & are happy to get their 6 a 3. If they can't break 100, then that should be their problem not everyone else's. Not saying they can't play comp but their hcp should be no more than 27 unless you're 60+ or aren't able bodied. Maybe golf isn't for them?

Buzz
26th May 2014, 06:05 PM
Understand your point but I wonder what percentage of club golfers are in that zone ... And I wonder how viable some clubs would be if they all left.

Webster
26th May 2014, 06:06 PM
Choppers who don't watch where their crappy shots go.
Choppers who expect me to help them find their balls after they haven't watched where they went.
Choppers who take three practice swings before each of their 100+ shots.
Choppers who are slow.
Choppers who don't know the rules.
Choppers who talk or move while I am hitting

sms316
26th May 2014, 07:02 PM
Ah yes Jack. Zigwah was "special.

backintheswing
26th May 2014, 07:03 PM
Choppers who don't watch where their crappy shots go.
Choppers who expect me to help them find their balls after they haven't watched where they went.
Choppers who take three practice swings before each of their 100+ shots.
Choppers who are slow.
Choppers who don't know the rules.
Choppers who talk or move while I am hitting

Well said. Especially points 1 and 2, well actually all of them.

3oneday
26th May 2014, 07:09 PM
I once played with someone who was off 27, or 36, whatever. He had 3 points for 18.

He should have been in the sack with the rest of the kittens.

KristianJ
26th May 2014, 07:20 PM
Visitor in my group on a Saturday about 6 weeks ago shot 6 points off 26.

I spotted his name on the results page yesterday - 40 points off 25.

Mind boggles.

Webster
26th May 2014, 07:22 PM
He should have been in the sack with the rest of the kittens.

quality sledge that one...

I really don't give a toss who I play with most of the time. But please if you are a high handicapper you have to understand that you are going to have many more shots and therefore you have to be aware of your propensity for slowing down others in the group. Be ready and get on with it. It aint a race, but you shouldn't be stuffing up other players games.

Lagerlover
26th May 2014, 07:28 PM

Mind boggles.

That's what happens second time around..

#fridaybonvillegameanyone?

PerryGroves
26th May 2014, 07:31 PM

Mind boggles.

KJ, You are the Steve Waugh of Ozgolf. Clearly just dominated him mentally.

Shreko
26th May 2014, 08:23 PM
Rain or cored greens

+1

JADO75
26th May 2014, 08:39 PM
Dopes that glove rip when you're in the middle of a swing

KristianJ
26th May 2014, 09:20 PM
KJ, You are the Steve Waugh of Ozgolf. Clearly just dominated him mentally.

My red rag was soaked in chloroform.

Coldtopper
26th May 2014, 10:53 PM
By all means add it mate, whether its right or wrong some of us would rather not play golf with women. Love that you think it's wrong for blokes to not want to play golf with birds yet are comfy enough to throw around the word retard I love women no matter what they are doing and well the rest is Im just saying what many think! Yes males choppers are disrespectful!

Coldtopper
26th May 2014, 11:00 PM
Why would this bother u??? The only golfers that need to know exact measurements dont play members comps! Its a distraction for a action that only lasts a few seconds IMO. To much info for the club golfer.

mrbluu
26th May 2014, 11:03 PM
The only golfers that need to know exact measurements dont play members comps! Its a distraction for a action that only lasts a few seconds IMO. To much info for the club golfer.

Let's agree to disagree.

Coldtopper
26th May 2014, 11:21 PM
Its interesting topic Bluu using gps devices has improved scoring for club golfers? Has scoring changed or is it just someting else to fill their heads with? I dont know of many club golfers except maybe androoo that hit it consistent enough to warrant using such a device. Like other points herein its just a opinion

Yossarian
26th May 2014, 11:30 PM
Coldtopper,

You seem like a knob. But then so do I.

xox

Yoss

PeteyD
26th May 2014, 11:38 PM
Speeds up play not having to look for yardage markers. Handy on courses you don't know.

mrbluu
26th May 2014, 11:39 PM
Its interesting topic Bluu using gps devices has improved scoring for club golfers? Has scoring changed or is it just someting else to fill their heads with? I dont know of many club golfers except maybe androoo that hit it consistent enough to warrant using such a device. Like other points herein its just a opinion

Not sure about other golfers but for me using my laser ranger finder and improved my golf game by at least 2 shots a round, maybe more. It also makes my play quicker as I don't have to pace out distances from sprinkler heads etc.

Knowing exact yardages have actually removed doubt from my mind and help me commit to the shot at hand.

All I know since using these devices I was able to more than halve my handicap and keep it in low figures. 4 years ago I was still off 12, 2 years ago I was still off 9 and earlier this year I got down to an all time low 3.3 ( I know hate this bit). I would be completely lost with out my laser.

3oneday
27th May 2014, 06:29 AM
My gps regularly gets me lost.

:)

Hatchman
27th May 2014, 07:47 AM
My gps regularly gets me lost.

Don't take the Missus to golf.

Hatchman
27th May 2014, 08:03 AM
Not sure about other golfers but for me using my laser ranger finder and improved my golf game by at least 2 shots a round, maybe more. It also makes my play quicker as I don't have to pace out distances from sprinkler heads etc.

Knowing exact yardages have actually removed doubt from my mind and help me commit to the shot at hand.

All I know since using these devices I was able to more than halve my handicap and keep it in low figures. 4 years ago I was still off 12, 2 years ago I was still off 9 and earlier this year I got down to an all time low 3.3 ( I know hate this bit). I would be completely lost with out my laser.

I can vouch that it saves me an easy 2 shots per round.

I was never one for pacing distances out before. I always used to just roughly guesstimate from the markers.

I still visualise what club first than laser it. A number of times it makes me change selection and is always correct. Some times the difference between chipping or putting.

Being able to commit to the club and swing knowing doubt is gone is the biggest advantage.

Still can't believe they made these devices legal.

I do agree on one hand that at some point in the standard that some play at, it would not be making one iota of difference and using one would just be slowing them down.
What standard (hcp) that starts at I have no idea.

Buzz
27th May 2014, 08:27 AM
I think using handicap as a guide for who should and shouldn't use them is flawed. I've played with a 30 capper at my club who hits great woods and irons but is terrible inside 50m. Using GPS works for him as he hits from outside 50m pretty consistently distance wise, if not accuracy wise.

On the other hand I've played with guys off 8 or 9 who are awful off the tee and fairways yet have amazing touch around the greens that gets them out of jail with monotonous regularity.

People have different games, handicap isn't one size fits all.

Dotty
27th May 2014, 09:01 AM
I think using handicap as a guide for who should and shouldn't use them is flawed. I've played with a 30 capper at my club who hits great woods and irons but is terrible inside 50m. Using GPS works for him as he hits from outside 50m pretty consistently distance wise, if not accuracy wise.

On the other hand I've played with guys off 8 or 9 who are awful off the tee and fairways yet have amazing touch around the greens that gets them out of jail with monotonous regularity.

People have different games, handicap isn't one size fits all.
We had those two playing foursomes a couple of weeks ago.

The 24 marker kept asking or reading off distances off my Sureshot clipped to my bag. His mates in the other team stirred him, as he owns a laser and hardly ever uses it. (Second hand off one of the mates when the mate upgraded.) I start thinking 'I could score myself a cheap laser here', so I ask to try it (when it is 24 marker turn to hit our ball, so as to not slow play).

For my style of play off 10, a laser is too much hassle compared to the GPS. It doesn't help that we have shrubs off the back of some greens, so I had to double check that the laser reading.

Coldtopper may be right. (It wasn't that hard to say after all.)

hocko
27th May 2014, 09:39 AM

Maybe you should come and play one of the OzGolf champs then, quite a few consistent ball strikers on here.

oldracer
27th May 2014, 09:53 AM
I'm a chopper and can't play but love my toys, part of the attraction I think, my pinloc tells me how far which I can generally hit just not the accuracy so i find that's one less strategic task I don't have to worry about.

Johnny Canuck
27th May 2014, 09:57 AM
We had those two playing foursomes a couple of weeks ago.

The 24 marker kept asking or reading off distances off my Sureshot clipped to my bag. His mates in the other team stirred him, as he owns a laser and hardly ever uses it. (Second hand off one of the mates when the mate upgraded.) I start thinking 'I could score myself a cheap laser here', so I ask to try it (when it is 24 marker turn to hit our ball, so as to not slow play).

For my style of play off 10, a laser is too much hassle compared to the GPS. It doesn't help that we have shrubs off the back of some greens, so I had to double check that the laser reading.

Coldtopper may be right. (It wasn't that hard to say after all.)

I regularly play with a 15 capper who routinely asks me distances, which shits me to begin with. It annoys me even more when I will scan from 4m behind the tee blocks and he paces out the distance from me to the blocks. 100% serious. He'll also have a go at me for not walking up to the blocks to get the most accurate number.

Holes where I don't pull out the laser, especially par 3s, send him loopy.

Shortylook
27th May 2014, 10:16 AM
I regularly play with a 15 capper who routinely asks me distances, which shits me to begin with. It annoys me even more when I will scan from 4m behind the tee blocks and he paces out the distance from me to the blocks. 100% serious. He'll also have a go at me for not walking up to the blocks to get the most accurate number.

Holes where I don't pull out the laser, especially par 3s, send him loopy.
Ashes?

wizard_of_oz
27th May 2014, 10:23 AM
Rib him a few times about getting one for himself and he might get the hint. Eventually.

Johnny Canuck
27th May 2014, 10:24 AM
Tiger ham

coalesce
27th May 2014, 10:25 AM

This --^

wizard_of_oz
27th May 2014, 10:26 AM
The only thing besides extreme weather that puts me off playing is 5 hour games. I hate waiting and if a front 9 takes 2.5 hours with no sign of it improving, I'll walk off.

Johnny Canuck
27th May 2014, 10:32 AM
Rib him a few times about getting one for himself and he might get the hint. Eventually.

I have scanned the pro shop previously and told him how many metres he needs to walk to go buy one.

A lot of the time I just make up numbers now.

graham_w
27th May 2014, 10:35 AM
Give him the distances in yards

Johnny Canuck
27th May 2014, 11:10 AM
Give him the distances in yards

We both work in yards, need to throw metres to him.

I did have a chuckle a few weeks back when he looked at my gps and took the distance to the previous green that we had just played as I hadn't bothered changing it to the next hole.

Dotty
27th May 2014, 12:41 PM
Seeing Mrs Hatchman's name on the starting sheet.

Shortylook
27th May 2014, 01:11 PM
I once played with someone who was off 27, or 36, whatever. He had 3 points for 18.He should have been in the sack with the rest of the kittens.Bit harsh, I was like that once. Edit: very close to still being like that for that matter

Johnny Canuck
27th May 2014, 01:13 PM
Seeing Mrs Hatchman's name on the starting sheet.

By the sound of the holiday thread, Mr Hatchman is really Mrs Hatchman and vice Versa.

blurry
27th May 2014, 04:20 PM
After a bit of thought, here is my list. Many things have been mentioned, but a few have not. These are the things that will stop me playing at all. Once I reach the course, I'm playing, no matter what.

Known club throwers and tantrum throwers.
Extreme heat - 40 degrees on the forecast and I cancel
Early starts - sorry boys, I'm just not playing before about 8.30
Heavy dew/frost - see above
Cored greens
Lady Partners of handicap 30 and above
Likely flooding of the course - I can put up with a bit of rain, but I'll bail if I know the course can't take it.
Father/son combo's when the son is a kid.

boom tish

Collis
27th May 2014, 06:13 PM
I have a few:

1.Playing infront or behind a group of old players (70+) - problem at our club
They are disrespectful if in front they never let you through but will take forever to find balls, if behind they hit up in you.
They have been at the club for so long they think they are owed something. But only ever enter the club rooms to pick up there vouchers
2.wind
3.people who walk on you line on wet greens
4.arrogant members who tell you how the club should run (joys of being on the committee)
5.cored greens
6.team events
7.people who complain something on the course makes them play badly (pin position, tee placement, length of greens) - everyone else has to play on it.

Think that's it.

Ferrins
9th August 2014, 11:52 AM
Put my name down this morning before checking todays format. 4BBB ffs! Scrubbed my name out pronto.

nadg63
9th August 2014, 04:19 PM
- Rain,
- High winds
- Teeing off knowing that some of the clubs slowest players are in a group ahead
- Club Champs of various forms being slotted in ahead, (just know it's going to be a long SLOW day)
- Playing at Lady Bay
- Cored greens
- Checking the tee times and finding the club 'Mr Angry' has put himself in a spare slot

Lagerlover
9th August 2014, 04:42 PM
Naked overweight lesbians. That is all.

Ferrins
9th August 2014, 05:11 PM
Naked overweight lesbians. That is all.

Guess you won't be getting the next LPGA nudie calendar.

mudrat
9th August 2014, 06:19 PM
Nudgee.

Coldtopper
9th August 2014, 06:22 PM
Nudgee. Id understand if it was your first time!! No excuse from here on in! Nice members apparently cool post btw

markTHEblake
9th August 2014, 06:25 PM
Turning up to play in a 4bbb only to find that my partner cancelled and now have to play in a three.

talbo
9th August 2014, 06:35 PM
Wankers you get paired with who feel they have to commentate on your round or shots, pointing out the obvious! Shits me! Then there's some that use inappropriate sarcasm like saying good shot when you've hit it in a bunker or in the trees!

noren
9th August 2014, 09:28 PM
Cored greens
Agree whole heartedly.

Lagerlover
9th August 2014, 09:42 PM
Turning up to play in a 4bbb only to find that my partner cancelled. I call bs.

mike
10th August 2014, 02:02 PM
I avoid playing with club throwers. It's childish and awkward for everyone else in the group.

mike
10th August 2014, 02:04 PM
Having said that there's a known club chucker at my club that is a pleasure to play with. He can fling his putter 80 metres away but forget about it instantly and nek minnut have you in fits of laughter.