PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing 13th Febuary

Grunt
15th February 2006, 03:57 PM
Played with the boys this morning at Kogarah. 25 points Played really inconsistently, good shot:-D /bad shot:evil: . Had 4 pars:smile: 5 wipes :shock: , putted pretty well 36 putts just had a few stop just short of the hole.:? Game could have been so much better. Hopefully that was my bad game for the week. :-k

Matt 3 Jab
15th February 2006, 04:16 PM
i played with all the guys at kogarah, had 30 points.
36 putts, alot of bad chipping led to that, trying to put wrist on the short ones which is never good. Will work on that tomoz if i play at new brighton.
Driver was ok but nothing great, just need to get back into the groove.
Irons hit ok, but again lack of practice doesnt help.

cazandpaul
15th February 2006, 04:18 PM
35 points this morning - bit wet and very humid.

Flowergirl
15th February 2006, 09:26 PM
35 points this morning - bit wet and very humid.

A man of many words is Paul:mrgreen:

Jarro
16th February 2006, 06:52 AM
28 points around Kogarah yesterday with "the guys"

Played very ordinary .. even by my standards ..... driver was misbehaving badly and i couldn't sink any putts at all :(

did however manage to birdie Index 1 8)

Grunt
16th February 2006, 07:25 AM
did however manage to birdie Index 1 8)

Yeah and it cost me a skin :cry:

Grunt
17th February 2006, 11:28 AM
Well I played Mac grange this morning very scrappy round 5 pars 4 wipes:???: Could have played so much better?
92 Gross
8 Fairways
6 GIR
38 Putts
4 Penalties

Oh well maybe better tomorrow:-s

sominc
17th February 2006, 07:18 PM
Well it has been along time since i picked up a golf club. Have been on a break over the past 7 months but had a hit this week. Played wantima today and had 78 gross 65 nett. Couldn't believe it my swing hasn't changed a bit over the past few months. Putting wasn't too crash hot but that will come back i guess.

AndyP
17th February 2006, 07:21 PM
Welcome back, sominc. Your absence was noted. Great to see you got straight back into it, as if you'd never stopped.

sominc
17th February 2006, 07:28 PM
Yeah, hopefull i wont take it so seriously this time

Grunt
18th February 2006, 01:51 PM
Worst game in quite some time!!!!!!
24 points
Scored 9 points on the front nine with 4 wipes.
Was fiddling around with my grip, trying to make it a little stronger but took it too far and was pulling a lot of shots. Also was extremely ****ed off with the situation about no-shows today, it took me 8 holes to not get agro about it.
Played alot better on the back nine, hitting some good shots. Had 3 pars on the back nine.
Hopefully reading the Dr. Bob books this week will not allow this situation to upset me so much from now on.
I am still rather angry about it, I threatened to cancel my membership today and join somewhere else and play every week as a visitor, taking the visitors prize every now and then.

billybaub
18th February 2006, 08:19 PM
played carbrook
sat members comp

4bbb stroke
nett 57
on the card 11 times

couldnt believe how i was putting
was crazy

now to carry this form to pennants tomorrow

McMw
18th February 2006, 09:18 PM
frustrating round with the putter today - did make 2 middish putts to save par...but also missed 3 shorties to make bogeys - shot 5 bogeys for 5over 75 for the afternoon...

Fishman Dan
19th February 2006, 08:59 AM
Normally i'd be extremely annoyed with yesterdays result but considering I've had the flu all week and i figured at some stage i knew i'd struggle to get around. It was a super-humid day too.

I birdied holes 1 and 2, and par on the 4th. I was in the zone - the 2 iron shots on the first were pure, and the 4 footer for birdie rolled straight in. On the 2nd (par 3) i put a 7-iron to 6 feet, and repeated the dose with the putt.

5 shots up after 4 holes! But i was already sweating like a bastard and struggling. I let go of a few shots over the next few holes and ended up coming in with 33 points. :oops: I figured that i needed to play hole-by-hole, as we still had a good Best-Ball card going. In the end we had 47 combined, which wasn't enough (51 won the day).

But what i can take out of the day is how well i hit my irons. I've reverted to my swing from yesteryear and the ball seems to go where it's meant to.

Jarro
19th February 2006, 01:07 PM
Nudgee Single Stroke.

86 (nett 74)

6 fairways
4 G.I.R's
2 from 5 u&downs
33 putts

missed 5 greens from inside/around 100 meters :(

shazza_rs
19th February 2006, 06:27 PM
Friday 17th
Played a social round at riverlakes.... had 91/73
Not too bad

Saturday 18th
Riverlakes comp single stab.
Had 40 points.... Hcp down to 17.2 ARGHHH!

Sunday 19th
Hackers Social Golf Club - Oxley
Had 98/81..... hackers hcp is 23 but.... one of these days i will learn not to get on the p!ss the night before .... ;)

terryand
19th February 2006, 06:32 PM
one of these days i will learn not to get on the p!ss the night before .... ;)

Yeah right.

Terry.

shazza_rs
19th February 2006, 06:44 PM
hey .... you've only seen me drink once...... you are making a few assumptions there Tezza ;)

ps.... you may have hit the nail on the head.

Flowergirl
19th February 2006, 09:41 PM
Friday 17th
Played a social round at riverlakes.... had 91/73
Not too bad

Saturday 18th
Riverlakes comp single stab.
Had 40 points.... Hcp down to 17.2 ARGHHH!

Sunday 19th
Hackers Social Golf Club - Oxley
Had 98/81..... hackers hcp is 23 but.... one of these days i will learn not to get on the p!ss the night before .... ;)

That's my girl!!!!!!!!! Top effort there Shazza. You've dropped that handicap and not contnet with just playing to it - you're playing better than it!! Well done.:p

I played a nice little nine holes with Johnnyboy tonight. Haven't played much lately so it was nice to have a hit. Had a very happy 45 - silly double bogey on an easy par 3:oops: but apart from that played well. Felt very relaxed and now realise that I've been guilty of "thinking" too much while playing. Gotta remember to leave all the thoughts for the practise fairway. Looking forward to Wednesday's comp.:-D

mike
19th February 2006, 11:32 PM
Played today.

Shouldn't have.

Matt 3 Jab
20th February 2006, 07:33 AM
Great Desciption mike, ive had 100's of days like those ;)

BrisWesty
20th February 2006, 07:39 AM
Had a quick 9 holes this morning (55 minutes)
38 off the stick (3 over). Started off on the 10th with a birdie from 3m. Missed a birdie putt of similar length on the next hole, then a par putt from 3m on the next. Dropped a 5m putt for par on the next, double bogeyed the next, tapped in for par on a par 5, bogeyed the 16th, tapped in for par on the par 5 and rolled in a 5m par putt to finish.
1 birdie, 5 pars, 2 bogeys, 1 double bogey.
4 GIR,
4 fairways, but 7 effective tee shots
13 putts
One very happy camper.

McMw
20th February 2006, 09:41 AM
MM yesterday - I thought the 75 on Sat was bad - had an 82...
4 penalties, numerous missed putts...just an all-round-bad-display...
this is getting worrying!!!

connico
20th February 2006, 11:45 AM
108.... no comment..

shazza_rs
20th February 2006, 08:00 PM
thanks for the words of encouragement surrogate mum........... ;)