PDA

View Full Version : In to out swing - fix suggestions

Tank33
18th May 2014, 09:32 PM
I have always had an in to out swing - 5-6 degrees when measured on TM.

When I first started playing golf, I struggled a lot with terrible hooks. Over the years, I have managed to get rid of the hooks but my swing path is still very much in to out.

I have had lessons to rectify the problem but have not been very successful.

I want to seek opinions from someone who actually had the same problem then had managed to fix it.

mrbluu
18th May 2014, 10:03 PM
I have always had an in to out swing - 5-6 degrees when measured on TM.When I first started playing golf, I struggled a lot with terrible hooks. Over the years, I have managed to get rid of the hooks but my swing path is still very much in to out.I have had lessons to rectify the problem but have not been very successful.I want to seek opinions from someone who actually had the same problem then had managed to fix it. Better than an out to in swing.

3oneday
19th May 2014, 08:15 AM
You mean like Lee Trevino? I've always been confused with "in to out" :)

Peppas
19th May 2014, 08:32 AM
I think I am struggling with this too at the moment. Hook city for me right now. Fun times :)

Captain Nemo
19th May 2014, 08:37 AM
​Simple fix, give to to me, god knows i need it!

razaar
19th May 2014, 08:48 AM
Not much Info there Tank. What advice did the pro give you given he has seen you swing?

hippo10
19th May 2014, 11:12 AM
On tee shots try setting up your ball with a specific mark on the back edge of the ball and place the mark a little to the outside. Then focus on hitting that mark.

It should encourage you to come from the outside a little more. It may take some practice and you need to be careful that you don't have the face too closed otherwise your hooks will turn into pull hooks...

blurry
19th May 2014, 11:54 AM
Try to hit cut shots

Charger
19th May 2014, 06:24 PM
Maybe just check your stance and alignment again. Get a mate to see where your shoulders are aiming. Also look to see if the left arm is further away from your body then the right.

When my hooks get on top of me i go back to stance and alignment.