PDA

View Full Version : Uncle Adam

Ona
14th February 2006, 10:51 PM
Just wanted to say that I'm an uncle as of today! My sister and the hubby had their first baby this afternoon. :-D Eric "Jimmy" Loone was borne at 2.02pm at a healthy 8.4lbs by cesarean section (medical decision). I'll teach him golf and tennis (poor kid), uncle Shane will be the footy and cricket coach and dad gets whatevers left over :mrgreen:

3oneday
14th February 2006, 10:53 PM
Congrats, gunna bond early and change the $hitty nappies too ;)

:lol:

Fishman Dan
14th February 2006, 10:54 PM
Congrats Ona! I got Uncle'd last Thursday at 9:52am - my sister had a baby girl.

Went and saw her on the weekend.... babies are so.... small!

As they saw, enjoy uncle-dom - you get to give them back before you go home ;)

I've already supplied a chuck-rag with the Carlton emblem on it. Babies needs colours and shape recognition early, before she knows it she'll be singing the Lily of Laguna! Got to get them a team early, and besides, her QLD'er father wants her supporting the Reds. Ya, right!!

And i'm prepared for all comments regarding Carlton and spew! :roll:

Moe Norman
14th February 2006, 11:11 PM
i've got my own due in September - I fear regular golf will be a thing of the past.

Collingwood bib, Collingwood booties and other assorted Collingwood baby attire has already been ordered.

Ona
14th February 2006, 11:41 PM
Congrats, gunna bond early and change the $hitty nappies too ;)

:lol:

bah. told them to give me a call when the little ratbag starts speaking :twisted:

he is a tiny little man, although they say he has big feet :confused:

still need to get them a present... wonder if the kanga's have a terry towelling jumpsuit size 000 :smile:

connico
15th February 2006, 12:22 AM
wow i becaome an uncle last month, and i didnt know how small babies are freaking hell, her hand (my neice) was like...i couldnt even compare it...wait it was smaller than a golf ball...

Grunt
15th February 2006, 06:04 AM
You guys don't know small. My daughter Tayla was more 9 weeks prem and weighed in at 1.5 kilos. My dad called her loafa because she was the same size as a loaf of bread. Her feet were less than 2 inches long. She fitted in between my elbow and wrist when I got my first chance to hold her and that was over 3 weeks after she was born.

BrisVegas
15th February 2006, 08:22 AM
congratulations Ona! My sister had her kids when I was too young to play much of a role. By the time I came back from overseas in 2002, they were already 8 & 9 year old monsters! Good luck with being a positive impact in their lives.. :-D

i've got my own due in September - I fear regular golf will be a thing of the past.

Congratulations Thommo, you sly dog. :smt002 Get the golf in now, it can be a tough juggling act once the bundle comes along.

AndyP
15th February 2006, 09:24 AM
My siblings can't get there act together, so I'll probably be a father a second time, before I'm an uncle.
Maybe I'll seek some advice from you when the time comes to be an uncle, Ona.

I'm sure there is a Roos jumpsuit. Everything that is footy is available in Vic.

The fear may or may not be unfounded.
davidp has disappeared after having his second baby, and doesn't play anymore.
BV seems to have found a balance.
I play just as much as I did before (if not more).

Collingwood bib, Collingwood booties and other assorted Collingwood baby attire has already been ordered.
Don't forget the membership. Mitchell just got his second year membership pack the other day.

Courty
15th February 2006, 01:31 PM
Congrats, Ona. I became a first-time uncle in September. The little spew-machine has yakked on me just about every time I go near him. But you get used to it. They're babies, that's what they do. ;)

Grunt
15th February 2006, 04:49 PM
oops left out the congrats Ona, congrats mate.

Ona
15th February 2006, 08:01 PM
thanks Grunt. and damn man, thats small! :shock::smt002:-D

I saw the baybay last night and again this arvo. Quiet little tacka. Looks much better after his first bath. Good to see all the linen that comes through the laundry(my work) in the "before" state for a change :???:

Well done Thommo! =D>

Flowergirl
15th February 2006, 10:04 PM
You boys are so clucky.........it's so sweet :)

Toolish
15th February 2006, 10:36 PM
got 8 nieces/nephews...i am the fun uncle, Christmas day water fights are a ball.

Congrats Ona, Hope mother and son are well!

And Jimmy already, good work...

BrisWesty
15th February 2006, 11:09 PM
Babies are so small. Yeah right, just ask your good ladies after the birth if that felt small! (But I know what you mean ;-) )
Like trying to crap a basketball.

PS Congrats Uncle Ona, and Congrats daddy to be ThomMoe