PDA

View Full Version : Solid Contact?

Scifisicko
15th May 2014, 10:25 AM
My driver has been off lately, not getting me into massive trouble but short, consistently getting it out of the heel and loosing 10-20ish. The other day i moved the ball to just off the toe at address and focussed on hitting an imaginary ball positioned inside the actual ball. Hey presto, solid center contact almost every time and have had two great driving rounds. Feels weird aiming at a ball that is not there, and first few i expected to hit at 90 degrees right...not the case, I striped the first one and then consistently hit it out of the middle. Now i've changed the position of the ball at address progressively with the rest of my bag (from just off the toe to center with wedges) and my ball striking has been best its been all year. Off course now i cant putt....

Anyone else do this?

Waddzy
15th May 2014, 10:31 AM
I used to do this a lot and just started doing it again for my last few holes on the weekend , not sure but I think it may help me come more inside on the downswing? Like I am reaching for the ball..It worked great and I started making solid contact with a good ball flight but then I found last time I started getting further and further away then it started turning to shite..

I'm curious if it is helping hit inside the ball or that's just my imagination..

Scifisicko
16th May 2014, 03:32 PM
why getting further and further away? I set up the same each time with the ball just off the toe. I dont think its changed my swing plane. I can still come from the inside or outside (not always my choice).

markTHEblake
16th May 2014, 07:26 PM
You should change something simple like that during a round if you are hitting it shit, but long term it's probably not the answer.

Plenty of people don't address the ball in the centre of the club face. A notable one for a heel address was Fuzzy Zoeller.

Stuart
16th May 2014, 08:18 PM
From memory, this was something recommended in Gerry Hogan's book.