PDA

View Full Version : The days of sending fairways woods is ovah

macleod
14th February 2006, 07:47 PM
had to visit 3 post offices today to get them to accept a fairway wood package i was sending.

the 1.05m rule has come down pretty hard. Even when i indicate to them that someone sent ME the parcel at the length first they don't budge.

this is the 3rd time in a month parcel have been rejected.

last month, for some stupid reason my scotty cameron putter got SENT BACK to the US and it wasn't even oversize....sigh...

finally got a tiny post office to accept it, but he charged a full cubic price of $18 to ship.

we need a consortium to get one of those business license thingies with Aus post methinks!

Jarro
14th February 2006, 08:07 PM
i have had no problems with my usual P.O 8)

Grunt
14th February 2006, 08:11 PM
What is it that is too hard for them?

Jarro
14th February 2006, 08:15 PM
What is it that is too hard for them?

the length of the parcel Grant, they are reluctant to send anything that is over the limit (1.05 mtr) for fear that it won't fit into their shipping ULD's

Grunt
14th February 2006, 08:15 PM
Do you mean ULD's from planes?

Jarro
14th February 2006, 08:17 PM
i believe so ... yes.

Grunt
14th February 2006, 08:27 PM
How come the partnership between Aust post and qantas , Australia Air Express does not have the same conditions?

Jarro
14th February 2006, 08:31 PM
not sure Grant

Grunt
14th February 2006, 08:33 PM
We actually get a pretty good deal for freight too Jarro or should I say we did whe nI last used it.

markTHEblake
14th February 2006, 10:28 PM
we need a consortium to get one of those business license thingies with Aus post methinks!

Off you go then, get it sorted.

Trung
14th February 2006, 10:44 PM
Depending where you send it, I sent 2x drivers + woods to different addresses from 2 different post offices here... No problems...

Matt 3 Jab
14th February 2006, 10:47 PM
its a real pain in the butt, my PO is so hard on the rule, lucky i have a courrier connection.

macleod
14th February 2006, 10:49 PM
guys, i know it depends on who you send it with but i'm running out of local haunts lately!

hey, the one i sent stuff at last week now won't accept them. she referred to some directive she got recently..... bugger.

i miss my courier connection who used to send for $15 flat :(

Moe Norman
14th February 2006, 10:50 PM
Toowong and St.Lucia are the only ones I can get to send parcels longer than 1.05m these days.

I send by courier and charge it to work anyway though ;)

AndyP
15th February 2006, 09:08 AM
I send by courier and charge it to work anyway though ;)
And charge the receiver postage anyway, I'm sure.

Keza_G
15th February 2006, 10:06 AM
You can buy a prepaid book from Fastway courier to deliver anywhere from Bribie to Ballina for $75 (10 prepaid Sticker) any length, depends on weight... the item can not weigh more than 15kg.... you can also buy them to deliver to Sydney.....

I use couriers mostly cause you can guarantee that the recipient will get it.. The actually have to put it in their hands...

Cheers

Keza

Moe Norman
15th February 2006, 10:24 AM
And charge the receiver postage anyway, I'm sure. depends hwo it is and how fast they paid.

macleod
15th February 2006, 02:48 PM
You can buy a prepaid book from Fastway courier to deliver anywhere from Bribie to Ballina for $75 (10 prepaid Sticker) any length, depends on weight... the item can not weigh more than 15kg.... you can also buy them to deliver to Sydney.....

I use couriers mostly cause you can guarantee that the recipient will get it.. The actually have to put it in their hands...

Cheers

Keza

sweet! thanks keza!

i figure it's safer to no longer dabble in clubs, i'm over it for now :D i have a nice bagset and i'm quite content :lol:

markTHEblake
15th February 2006, 09:58 PM
Do Fastway still have an expriry date on their coupons?

I use Couriers Please becuase they dont, but are a little more expensive.

mike
16th February 2006, 09:36 AM

the 1.05m rule has come down pretty hard. Even when i indicate to them that someone sent ME the parcel at the length first they don't budge.

Reason for the 1.05 m rule is the shipping crates being a metre square.

My local PO don't have a prob sending something as long as a driver providing it fits in the crate diagonally.

Find another post office...there must be hundreds down there.

macleod
16th February 2006, 10:03 PM
Reason for the 1.05 m rule is the shipping crates being a metre square.

My local PO don't have a prob sending something as long as a driver providing it fits in the crate diagonally.

Find another post office...there must be hundreds down there.

well aware o that, but driving around burning up my time and fuel is something i try to avoid since i ALWAYS give people a discount on postage..

those days are ovah too ;)

mike
16th February 2006, 10:39 PM
Macleod, just add another $20 to your postage and handling to cover for fuel/tyre wear/possibility of a busted radiator hose.

macleod
17th February 2006, 04:27 PM
Macleod, just add another $20 to your postage and handling to cover for fuel/tyre wear/possibility of a busted radiator hose.
:)

that's why i bought a new car 6 years ago, not a single breakdown.

it doesn't catch on fire like my 1979 mazda 626 used to... ;)

McMw
21st February 2006, 04:40 PM
jus been informed it's arrived - many thanks!!! :D

macleod
21st February 2006, 07:23 PM
jus been informed it's arrived - many thanks!!! :D

woohoo! aussie post really does work (except for my freckin' pputtterrrrr!!!) :lol:

enjoy Mau my good fellow, it's a beast!

(all rights reserved to purchase back in future...)