PDA

View Full Version : World Matchplay Champs

Grunt
14th February 2006, 05:08 PM
Well a few aussies have made the World Matchplay Champs. If they are in the top 64 by the world rankings they qualify. As Garcia has decided not to play Parry looks have just missed out but has squeezed in as 1st reserve, being ranked 65. The field is set to lock it self at 5pm on the 20th Feb. Parry will need not to lose any more ranking spots.

Aussies in the field

Scott
O'hern
Appleby
Allenby
Hensby
Pampling
Lonard
N.Green
Ogilvy
ElkingtonLets see if Parry can squeeze in!

Bruce
14th February 2006, 05:23 PM
Parry's ability to "squeeze in" anywhere is kinda limited I would think.

markTHEblake
14th February 2006, 09:21 PM
Huh? Since when did these clowns get a start, they were invited but the never nominated before the closing date. Stuff em, we dont need em

BrisVegas
15th February 2006, 07:25 AM
Hasn't Ernie Els won this thing like 6 times or something?? (too lazy to look it up, sorry).

McMw
15th February 2006, 09:06 AM
Hasn't Ernie Els won this thing like 6 times or something?? (too lazy to look it up, sorry).

tat would be the HSBC tourney @ Wentworth...and i think it's 4 or 5...tied Seve's record...

BrisVegas
15th February 2006, 09:14 AM
tat would be the HSBC tourney @ Wentworth...and i think it's 4 or 5...tied Seve's record...

He's won it 6 times...
http://www.ernieels.com/default.aspx?i_CategoryID=153

"In 2004, Ernie successfully defended his Sony Open title in Hawaii, then went on to win the Heineken Classic at his beloved Royal Melbourne, for a third successive year. In June he added the prestigious Memorial Tournament to his collection of titles, before winning the WGC American Express Championship in Ireland. In October, he became the only man in history to win the World Matchplay Championship for a sixth time. "