PDA

View Full Version : Vic: 2014 Ozgolf Matchplay

crops23
12th May 2014, 06:58 AM
Lets try and get this going again and finish it this year due to having no defending champion as the 2 finalists couldn't sort out a time last year! My fault also not being able to play due to being on workcover for shoulder surgery but it's all good now! So lets get some names down and get this started and finished by the end of the year. Names and HCP required when entering! I know weve only got 6 months to get this done and dusted but it would be great to get it up and running again!

LeftyHoges
12th May 2014, 03:14 PM
Lets try and get this going again and finish it this year due to having no defending champion as the 2 finalists couldn't sort out a time last year! My fault also not being able to play due to being on workcover for shoulder surgery but it's all good now! So lets get some names down and get this started and finished by the end of the year. Names and HCP required when entering! I know weve only got 6 months to get this done and dusted but it would be great to get it up and running again!

We didn't even get to the finals. I think Wools should be declared last years winner as at least he made Rd 3 (further than everyone else) and knocked off the defending champ.

Anyway, I won't be able to make it to Melbourne enough in 6 months to play all matches, so I'm oot.

hardboiled
12th May 2014, 04:26 PM
Maybe get participants to chip in a few $$ for prizes for the next one.

Webster
12th May 2014, 04:51 PM
Pointless unfortunately.

chappy1970
12th May 2014, 05:11 PM
I gave up after trying to heard cats for a couple of years. Great concept just too hard to get commitment

LeftyHoges
12th May 2014, 05:40 PM
So if the competition never finished does that mean that all results are null and void and my OZgolf matchplay record is still untarnished?

mint
26th May 2014, 08:21 AM
I think if people actually "buy in" for a nominated amount it may change the deal a little. This would make them actually want to organise games perhaps

crops23
26th May 2014, 07:44 PM
I think if people actually "buy in" for a nominated amount it may change the deal a little. This would make them actually want to organise games perhaps I think it's just died a quick and sudden death it's not that hard to organise a match with your opponent! I would have thought anyway god andigold travelled 2 hours last year for a chance to play somewhere different! Oh well know one wants in it's done before it began

LeftyHoges
26th May 2014, 10:07 PM
I think it's just died a quick and sudden death it's not that hard to organise a match with your opponent! I would have thought anyway god andigold travelled 2 hours last year for a chance to play somewhere different! Oh well know one wants in it's done before it began

Yep, just a bit of laziness crops. I travelled at least 3 hours for 3 of my 4 matches in 2012, and 4 hours for my 2nd round match last year. It's not that hard and a shame that Chappys efforts have been wasted.

mint
27th May 2014, 10:53 AM
I second that Chappy had gone to some great lengths without being able to play himself to keep this going and it was pretty much thrown in his face