PDA

View Full Version : Question How many posts to post in the pro shop

Pages : [1] 2

magman
11th May 2014, 05:17 PM
Hi Admin, I wanted to post a response to something that was advertised in the pro shop, but can't, it wont allow me. How many posts do I need to be able to dabble in the pro shop!!!

Lagerlover
11th May 2014, 05:20 PM
http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/34110-Pro-Shop-Guidelines-READ-THIS-FIRST!

Ferrins
11th May 2014, 05:21 PM
What was the question again?

magman
11th May 2014, 05:23 PM
http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/34110-Pro-Shop-Guidelines-READ-THIS-FIRST!

damn, thanks mate, 150 posts is high.

WBennett
11th May 2014, 05:33 PM
I agree Magman.

sms316
11th May 2014, 05:36 PM
Yoss will post on your behalf if you like.

Peter
11th May 2014, 06:46 PM
So post your ad in another section of the forum. Problem solved.I recommend sticking in a few Katy Perry pics as well - will help bring the punters in.

Yossarian
11th May 2014, 07:56 PM
We need to be protected against ourselves.

magman
11th May 2014, 10:47 PM
lol, I am too honest to spam threads, only thing I can do well is abuse the brumbies and warratah's to get my post count up.

ZENNON
13th May 2014, 01:28 PM
Yeah same problem here - tried creating a wanted thread yesterday and failed lol

Jarro
13th May 2014, 01:33 PM
Ebay is your friend

Marto65
13th May 2014, 01:39 PM
Or you could do what Jarro does and just put smiley faces or +1 after everything.

Yossarian
13th May 2014, 01:52 PM
Or wait till you get to 150 anyway and then rip some one off.

Dotty
13th May 2014, 01:53 PM
Why don't they do what we did?

Magman and Zennon need to get into Picture Battle Thread IV and just keep making alternate posts.

sms316
13th May 2014, 01:55 PM
The pro shop isn't that exciting anyway.

Yossarian
13th May 2014, 01:57 PM
Not anymore. Guests can't see it, only regulars that expect 75% off buy from it and newbs that want in and could build a reputation as good buyers can't be seen buying stuff. And people still get dudded.

Marto65
13th May 2014, 02:19 PM
Not anymore. Guests can't see it, only regulars that expect 75% off buy from it and newbs that want in and could build a reputation as good buyers can't be seen buying stuff. And people still get dudded.

+1. (see ?).

AndyP
13th May 2014, 04:09 PM
Or wait till you get to 150 anyway and then rip some one off.You've missed the point. Well done.

Lagerlover
13th May 2014, 04:14 PM
Or you could do what Jarro does and just put smiley faces or +1 after everything. +1

AndyP
13th May 2014, 04:16 PM
Or you could do what Jarro does and just put smiley faces or +1 after everything.No, they can't.

Yossarian
13th May 2014, 04:40 PM
You've missed the point. Well done.

No I haven't. Congrats.

AndyP
13th May 2014, 04:57 PM
No I haven't. Congrats.
Aren't you implying that the 150 post restriction was put in place to protect members from dodgy dealings in the Pro Shop, but it doesn't work?

Yossarian
13th May 2014, 04:58 PM
I am. But I know there were other reasons for it that I think are equally silly.

AndyP
13th May 2014, 05:10 PM
I agree that a post restriction does not protect members from dodgy transactions, but the rule isn't there for that and I haven't stated that it is.

WBennett
13th May 2014, 05:12 PM
I agree that a post restriction does not protect members from dodgy transactions, but the rule isn't there for that and I haven't stated that it is.

+1

LarryLong
13th May 2014, 05:22 PM

This is starting to sound like the religion thread.

Lagerlover
13th May 2014, 05:23 PM
This is starting to sound like the religion thread.

Harpooned?

WBennett
13th May 2014, 06:26 PM
+1 See how easy it is to post boost by two?150 here I come!

Yossarian
13th May 2014, 08:02 PM

Cool. I think the rule is stupid and the reason for the rule is stupid.

BenM
13th May 2014, 08:49 PM
Cool. I think the rule is stupid and the reason for the rule is stupid.

Thanks for clarifying that, for a while I was confused and thought you supported it.

LarryLong
13th May 2014, 09:29 PM
Harpooned?

Do they sell harpoons in the pro shop?

goughy
13th May 2014, 09:42 PM
No. But you can get garage door remote controls.

BenM
13th May 2014, 10:24 PM
Do they sell harpoons in the pro shop?

Only if the harpoon vendor has enough posts :)

PeteyD
14th May 2014, 08:55 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/5c/Narwhals_breach.jpg/800px-Narwhals_breach.jpg

Webster
14th May 2014, 09:08 AM
Have been waiting for the nharwals to appear. Well done Peteyd.

PeteyD
14th May 2014, 09:10 AM
Just need Hitler now

Daves
14th May 2014, 09:43 AM
Just need Hitler now

Even better!;

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/8DOkPw1yWR01pKQDcjhVKDjk7OCP35srqe0TkrbcCIw=w800-h553

ZENNON
14th May 2014, 03:34 PM
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what is the reason then?

AndyP
14th May 2014, 03:52 PM
The following is from the guidelines.

9. We now have a 150 post limit for posting in the Pro Shop. Please note that limit is to get you involved with the Ozgolf community. Do not post boost with inane and ridiculous posts or consecutive posts just to meet the 150 post limit. This can result in you not having access to the pro shop.

We'd prefer it if people settled into the place before selling gear, especially those that treat it like ebay.

Shreko
14th May 2014, 06:39 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/5c/Narwhals_breach.jpg/800px-Narwhals_breach.jpg

are they water unicorns?

Lagerlover
14th May 2014, 07:03 PM
giant pinchos

Jarro
14th May 2014, 07:05 PM
Pinchos ??

Daves
14th May 2014, 07:07 PM
Pinchos ??

Think Skewers and Shish Kabobs.

Yossarian
14th May 2014, 07:31 PM
The following is from the guidelines.

We'd prefer it if people settled into the place before selling gear, especially those that treat it like ebay.

Some people only like golf for the buying and selling of gear. I don't understand why that is such a crime. What does it matter if it is treated like ebay? Why can't we, as adults for the most part, be left to make our own decisions in this regard?

BUSHY
14th May 2014, 08:25 PM
Even better!;

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/8DOkPw1yWR01pKQDcjhVKDjk7OCP35srqe0TkrbcCIw=w800-h553

That's awesome...

drobbo
14th May 2014, 09:51 PM
As someone who reads a fair bit on here but doesn't contribute. I find it annoying not to be able to ask a question in a sale thread. Fair enough you can't start one but you should be able to post.
Cheers

Tank33
14th May 2014, 11:20 PM
As someone who reads a fair bit on here but doesn't contribute. I find it annoying not to be able to ask a question in a sale thread. Fair enough you can't start one but you should be able to post.
Cheers

+1

Yossarian
14th May 2014, 11:25 PM
It is a bit like group assignments at uni. Meant to build interpersonal skills and the like. In reality it is just a pain in the arse with no real benefit.

mrbluu
14th May 2014, 11:26 PM
Cheers

+1

You guys are contributing now....see it wasnt hard was it.

Johnny Canuck
14th May 2014, 11:27 PM
No. But you can get garage door remote controls.

Nice

ZENNON
15th May 2014, 12:57 PM
Cheers
yeah I was going to post something in someone's wanted thread the other day - and couldn't - so just closed thread instead

just
15th May 2014, 01:45 PM
Some people only like golf for the buying and selling of gear. I don't understand why that is such a crime. What does it matter if it is treated like ebay? Why can't we, as adults for the most part, be left to make our own decisions in this regard?
+1

mrbluu
15th May 2014, 02:20 PM

Why does someone who doesn't contribute to the community get the benefits of being a part of the community. If all you want do is buy and sell clubs, then ebay, gumtree etc would be the perfect place for you. It takes so little effort to get to 150 posts that it should even be an issue.

Yossarian
15th May 2014, 02:29 PM
Buying and selling is contributing IMO. Some people don't like to post much at all but are still part of the forum and contribute in their own way with maybe two posts a year (that are easily worth 10,000 of mine) but still like to buy and sell the odd thing.

The forum may have lost their next 40,000 poster (cause the posts are so important) just because you can't see the pro shop really exists as a guest.

By closing it off as well you are robbing long term members of potential buyers.

The idea of forced contribution is silly to me, as is the idea of "contributing" to an internet forum.

The idea that if someone just buys and sells and robs the forum of something is also one I don't really understand.

But hey.

mrbluu
15th May 2014, 02:31 PM
contribute in their own way with maybe two posts a year (that are easily worth 10,000 of mine)

+1

and probably of mine as well, but they can be contributing now to say how much the don't like it .

coalesce
15th May 2014, 02:33 PM
I can see both sides. The community is stronger the more participants it has.

But is it really contributing to post 150 times on the picture battle thread (for example)?

Personally, I'm not fussed about the Pro Shop, but I would quite like to have a signature ;)

Dotty
15th May 2014, 03:23 PM

But is it really contributing to post 150 times on the picture battle thread (for example)?

Personally, I'm not fussed about the Pro Shop, but I would quite like to have a signature ;)
Not just the picture thread. There is also 'Week commencing ...', 'Things that piss me off' and most importantly 'I've got my drunk on'.

I think bumping the Rent-A-Cat, Playing Pro-Ams and Golf-Ball-To-The-Eye threads should count as 50 posts each.

Captain Nemo
15th May 2014, 03:30 PM
Not just the picture thread. There is also 'Week commencing ...', 'Things that piss me off' and most importantly 'I've got my drunk on'.

I think bumping the Rent-A-Cat, Playing Pro-Ams and Golf-Ball-To-The-Eye threads should count as 50 posts each.

:shock:

WBennett
15th May 2014, 03:41 PM
That's twice in a week you have bumped Rent-A-Cat Dotty!

Dotty
15th May 2014, 03:42 PM
:shock:
http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/5877-A-question-probably-too-ridiculous-Can-you-rent-a-cat

Captain Nemo
15th May 2014, 03:44 PM
And i thought he was a dog lover....?

Peppas
15th May 2014, 03:46 PM
That's twice in a week you have bumped Rent-A-Cat Dotty!

I think he reads it regularly for a laugh. Great thread :)

Buzz
15th May 2014, 06:09 PM
I'm imagining someone who just joined reading that as their first OzGolf thread ...

Peter
15th May 2014, 09:00 PM
Not just the picture thread. There is also 'Week commencing ...', 'Things that piss me off' and most importantly 'I've got my drunk on'.I think bumping the Rent-A-Cat, Playing Pro-Ams and Golf-Ball-To-The-Eye threads should count as 50 posts each.And anyone who has conquered the game can post in the pro shop regardless of post count.

hacker
15th May 2014, 09:19 PM
I'm imagining someone who just joined reading that as their first OzGolf thread ...

They would have a perfect understanding of the status quo :D

Tank33
16th May 2014, 12:57 PM
Personally, I don't give a **** about the rules regarding the proshop or inability to post or reply in that section. At the end of the day, admins or owners of the forum can set the whatever rules they want and us users only have to decide whether you like to stay on or go away. I have been a member of the forum for nearly four years now and although this forum is usually the first site I visit every day and a few times a day, I have only posted 103 times which makes the average about 25 posts/year.
But everyone's different, I rather not post much coz I don't speak much unless I got something important to say even in real life.

Well, you could argue that I have not 'contributed' enough to the site. But isn't all internet stuff about generating a traffic? I believe I have contributed enough by coming here 5-6 times a day and reading all the garbage that goes around even if I didnt post a reply. In my opinion, you cannot judge someone's contribution to the site by the post counts.

As for the post restriction in the proshop, why does it have to worry anyone? Use PM if you find something you like to buy and I am sure this forum is not the sole vehicle to sell your stuff.

As for the argument put on by Yoss, I fully agree to what he's been saying having childish restrictions to force the users to POST (not contribute) is pretty poor way of obtaining a post. Even little kids dont like to be forced to do anything. You should have REAL CONTRIBUTORS to post some quality stuff so everyone wants to have a say in it.

To sum it up, who cares! Just have fun and keep reading the garbage if it interests you otherwise find somewhere better to entertain yourselves.

Webster
16th May 2014, 01:00 PM
This thread just keeps on giving....

MegaWatty
16th May 2014, 01:02 PM
Personally, I don't give a **** about the rules regarding the proshop or inability to post or reply in that section. At the end of the day, admins or owners of the forum can set the whatever rules they want and us users only have to decide whether you like to stay on or go away. I have been a member of the forum for nearly four years now and although this forum is usually the first site I visit every day and a few times a day, I have only posted 103 times which makes the average about 25 posts/year.
But everyone's different, I rather not post much coz I don't speak much unless I got something important to say even in real life.

Well, you could argue that I have not 'contributed' enough to the site. But isn't all internet stuff about generating a traffic? I believe I have contributed enough by coming here 5-6 times a day and reading all the garbage that goes around even if I didnt post a reply. In my opinion, you cannot judge someone's contribution to the site by the post counts.

As for the post restriction in the proshop, why does it have to worry anyone? Use PM if you find something you like to buy and I am sure this forum is not the sole vehicle to sell your stuff.

As for the argument put on by Yoss, I fully agree to what he's been saying having childish restrictions to force the users to POST (not contribute) is pretty poor way of obtaining a post. Even little kids dont like to be forced to do anything. You should have REAL CONTRIBUTORS to post some quality stuff so everyone wants to have a say in it.

To sum it up, who cares! Just have fun and keep reading the garbage if it interests you otherwise find somewhere better to entertain yourselves.

Do you read Rubin's posts?

Dotty
16th May 2014, 01:10 PM
Debating four sides of the arguement in one post is a slow way to get to 150. ;)

I hear you brother. I've watched every MASH episode, but they still won't let me perform surgery.

coalesce
16th May 2014, 01:14 PM

I just lost my morning reading these threads and trying to avoid laughing out loud whilst at work. Good job the boss isn't in today...

Archi
16th May 2014, 01:28 PM
+1

+3

mrbluu
16th May 2014, 01:31 PM
I hear you brother. I've watched every MASH episode, but they still won't let me perform surgery.

Yes, but you can open a bottle of wine with a spoon!!!

Archi
16th May 2014, 01:32 PM
+3

NB to self - been on here since Feb 12 & visit the site several times daily - MUST learn how to dribble on & talk about nothing !

Yossarian
16th May 2014, 01:40 PM
I'm smelling a class action.

3Puttpete
16th May 2014, 01:44 PM

You can on yourself. It's painless.

LeftyHoges
16th May 2014, 02:12 PM
NB to self - been on here since Feb 12 & visit the site several times daily - MUST learn how to dribble on & talk about nothing !

I was surprised at just how easy it really was.

Now I can't stop.

ZENNON
16th May 2014, 02:21 PM
Well in the name of boosting my post count:

Found out today that my father in law AND my brother in law are both on the golf course - on a weekday!
(and not even the same course)

/bastards!

LeftyHoges
16th May 2014, 02:23 PM
Well in the name of boosting my post count:

Found out today that my father in law AND my brother in law are both on the golf course - on a weekday!
(and not even the same course)

/bastards!

There's a thread for that:

http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/15780-Things-that-piss-you-off.

ZENNON
16th May 2014, 04:29 PM
Haha - thanks

Johnny Canuck
16th May 2014, 05:38 PM
Haha - thanks

There is a thread for that too.

http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php?t=39426

hippo10
16th May 2014, 07:44 PM
I find the post quota pretty frustrating as well. There's been a few things in the pro shop that I'd like to buy but its going to take me a long time to get to 150 posts.

backintheswing
16th May 2014, 07:46 PM
If you want my Cobra Amp cell driver, just PM me.

Webster
16th May 2014, 07:48 PM
I find the post quota pretty frustrating as well. There's been a few things in the pro shop that I'd like to buy but its going to take me a long time to get to 150 posts.

Especially if you don't post/contribute.

Coldtopper
16th May 2014, 08:28 PM
I find the post quota pretty frustrating as well. There's been a few things in the pro shop that I'd like to buy but its going to take me a long time to get to 150 posts. why dont you just send a PM when buying stuff to the seller. I do agree in the post being high if you cant be bothered posting crap or entering conversations just for hell of it. Some then take the crap serious. Get on the FNQ Cairns maintenance thread. Or just post lots in the WITB thread.

sms316
16th May 2014, 08:33 PM
why dont you just send a PM when buying stuff to the seller. I do agree in the post being high if you cant be bothered posting crap or entering conversations just for hell of it. Some then take the crap serious. Get on the FNQ Cairns maintenance thread. Or just post lots in the WITB thread. Don't forget the breast implant thread.

Johnny Canuck
16th May 2014, 08:45 PM
The pro shop is a privilege, not a right, bitches.

Coldtopper
16th May 2014, 09:16 PM
Don't forget the breast implant thread. The gay marriage thread is also good!

Daves
16th May 2014, 09:26 PM
The way this thread is going, most newbies will be qualified by the end of next week!:wink:

I don't want to enter the argument, I am OK with the Status Quo, but I would also point out that there is more to contributing than just posting, Especially for the sake of it. Contributing is also organising and/or attending a OzGolf event, supporting some of the causes that get put up, helping a fellow Ozgolfer out with information, service or product for example. Plus a mirade of other things. The restriction is probably a reaction to the odd blow in that ends up here simply to take advantage, with no intentions of giving back. Probably an over reaction, but it does happen from time to time.

hippo10
16th May 2014, 10:58 PM
The way this thread is going, most newbies will be qualified by the end of next week!:wink:

I don't want to enter the argument, I am OK with the Status Quo, but I would also point out that there is more to contributing than just posting, Especially for the sake of it. Contributing is also organising and/or attending a OzGolf event, supporting some of the causes that get put up, helping a fellow Ozgolfer out with information, service or product for example. Plus a mirade of other things. The restriction is probably a reaction to the odd blow in that ends up here simply to take advantage, with no intentions of giving back. Probably an over reaction, but it does happen from time to time.

I don't disagree that contributing to the Ozgolf community should be more than just posting, however access to the pro shop isn't based on whether or not you contribute to the community. I can understand the reasons for the restriction but unfortunately it also has the effect of encouraging newbies to post a lot of crap so that they can be a part of it.

why dont you just send a PM when buying stuff to the seller. I do agree in the post being high if you cant be bothered posting crap or entering conversations just for hell of it. Some then take the crap serious. Get on the FNQ Cairns maintenance thread. Or just post lots in the WITB thread.

Doesn't PM'ing the buyer just subvert half of the reason for the restriction anyway? Maybe I should post in the WITB thread, although I'm sure when people see what irons I'm still carrying they'll refer me to the pro shop and I'll be stuck in a vicious cycle :)...

Ferrins
16th May 2014, 11:06 PM
I hate possums they run around on my roof and eat my fruit.

mike
16th May 2014, 11:34 PM
I hate possums they run around on my roof and eat my fruit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1Y73sPHKxw

Johnny Canuck
17th May 2014, 01:17 AM
I don't disagree that contributing to the Ozgolf community should be more than just posting, however access to the pro shop isn't based on whether or not you contribute to the community. I can understand the reasons for the restriction but unfortunately it also has the effect of encouraging newbies to post a lot of crap so that they can be a part of it.

Doesn't PM'ing the buyer just subvert half of the reason for the restriction anyway? Maybe I should post in the WITB thread, although I'm sure when people see what irons I'm still carrying they'll refer me to the pro shop and I'll be stuck in a vicious cycle :)...

We would just ignore the drivel the same way that we ignore Rubin's insightful advice posts.

Coldtopper
17th May 2014, 10:25 AM
Maybe im just unaware of the fraudulent behaviours of some before!
As a new member myself in last 6 months it takes a while to know where to post and not get shot down by the keyboard crawlers, wankers ect playing their weirdo posts. In all honesty most new members are not well recvied by some just an observation from my own experience. Forums do take some time to work out IMHO!
I have enjoyed buying a few odds and ends from the proshop that has helped in setting up my bag wih out the hassles of ebay etc and at a reduced cost. Look forward to having a game down the track with some even the few that I totally disagree with to see if its just a forum thing or they are actually flogs!

MegaWatty
17th May 2014, 10:28 AM
Maybe im just unaware of the fraudulent behaviours of some before!
As a new member myself in last 6 months it takes a while to know where to post and not get shot down by the keyboard crawlers, wankers ect playing their weirdo posts. In all honesty most new members are not well recvied by some just an observation from my own experience. Forums do take some time to work out IMHO!
I have enjoyed buying a few odds and ends from the proshop that has helped in setting up my bag wih out the hassles of ebay etc and at a reduced cost. Look forward to having a game down the track with some even the few that I totally disagree with to see if its just a forum thing or they are actually flogs!

Hey CT. They are definitely all flogs. Especially my good mates from WA! ;)

Dotty
17th May 2014, 12:24 PM
This place is no different from the local pub, golf club, worksite or suburban street.

Every couple of months, certain new members will flame the existing members with posts along the lines of 'changing equipment is a waste of money', 'anyone overweight is pathetic', 'bright clothes shouldn't be allowed on the course' and 'if you shoot over 80, then give up golf'. The current members will defend themselves, their mates and the vibe of OzGolf, to which the new member then cries 'victim' and 'bullying'.

It's the new member that needs to ease themselves into the community, by telling us about your good (and not so good) rounds, what's in your bag, shank stories or what is pissing you off. All of which the current members will relate to, and develop some empathy and trust.

3oneday
17th May 2014, 12:42 PM
I may have missed this bit, but can't simply the ability to start new threads in pro shop be restricted, rather than the ability to post a reply?

Newby cash is the same as anyone elses i guess.

Coldtopper
17th May 2014, 01:00 PM
This place is no different from the local pub, golf club, worksite or suburban street.

Every couple of months, certain new members will flame the existing members with posts along the lines of 'changing equipment is a waste of money', 'anyone overweight is pathetic', 'bright clothes shouldn't be allowed on the course' and 'if you shoot over 80, then give up golf'. The current members will defend themselves, their mates and the vibe of OzGolf, to which the new member then cries 'victim' and 'bullying'.

It's the new member that needs to ease themselves into the community, by telling us about your good (and not so good) rounds, what's in your bag, shank stories or what is pissing you off. All of which the current members will relate to, and develop some empathy and trust. Thats why the ignore button is so good! And as I said knowing where to post!

Archi
17th May 2014, 01:14 PM
I've bought numerous items from the Pro shop via a PM, even sold some wedges

Archi
17th May 2014, 01:15 PM
Though at one stage i could post in the Pro shop , then one day the rules all changed and i was locked out

Johnny Canuck
17th May 2014, 01:33 PM
Though at one stage i could post in the Pro shop , then one day the rules all changed and i was locked out

Bastards are trying to keep it all in the family.

backintheswing
17th May 2014, 01:39 PM
Also new members should commit to purchase when advising they will take something.

Dotty
17th May 2014, 03:11 PM
Thats why the ignore button is so good! And as I said knowing where to post!
It gets used occasionally, but more to stop me taking the bait and perpetuating the cycle.

I too waited six months before my second post. Ironically, it was to attack another newbie. (Newbie had used the same id on a smaller golf forum earlier (but claimed to be from another state) and spruiked the same 'I just heard about a great online winner-take-all* golf competition'.)

ZENNON
19th May 2014, 09:23 AM

+1

Didn't actually realise I couldn't have one! Just got my handicap so thought I'd add one (like live4golf (http://www.ozgolf.net/member.php/2990-live4golf))
But yeah - no can do - yet... ;)

LeftyHoges
19th May 2014, 04:02 PM
'changing equipment is a waste of money',
True

'anyone overweight is pathetic',
No comment :mrgreen:

'bright clothes shouldn't be allowed on the course' and
True

'if you shoot over 80, then give up golf'.
I'm now retired.

:D

The Castaway
20th May 2014, 06:22 PM
I understand the desire to avoid blow-ins seeking to sell stuff.
I don't understand why blow-ins buying or seeking clarification or whatever by posting in an existing Pro-shop Subject is seen as a problem.
I guess I'll practice my "+1's"
Cheers

Johnny Canuck
20th May 2014, 06:58 PM
I understand the desire to avoid blow-ins seeking to sell stuff.
I don't understand why blow-ins buying or seeking clarification or whatever by posting in an existing Pro-shop Subject is seen as a problem.
I guess I'll practice my "+1's"
Cheers

Don't forget the ;). Covers many more situations.

Jarro
20th May 2014, 06:59 PM

😉

Waddzy
21st May 2014, 02:45 PM
I'm now retired.

:D

I never got started it seems..

Wenz
23rd May 2014, 03:18 PM
50+ posts should be able to post in threads
100+ create threads at moderators approval
150+ create threads as usual

drobbo
23rd May 2014, 03:25 PM
100+ create threads at moderators approval
150+ create threads as usual
+1

WBennett
23rd May 2014, 03:27 PM
Pro shop threads should only be created once a user has more posts* than Yoss.

*on topic, or intelligent at least. So 26 will do.

Ferrins
23rd May 2014, 03:29 PM
I will do 150 posts today:)

Wenz
23rd May 2014, 03:33 PM
I will do 150 posts today:)
Nekminit Ferrins name last post on every thread.

OZgolf Mod
23rd May 2014, 03:36 PM
9. We now have a 150 post limit for posting in the Pro Shop. Please note that limit is to get you involved with the Ozgolf community. Do not post boost with inane and ridiculous posts or consecutive posts just to meet the 150 post limit. This can result in you not having access to the pro shop.

Don't be misled by the advice of some members in this thread. Post boosting with '+1's and similar posts may delay posting to the Pro Shop.

Yossarian
23rd May 2014, 03:59 PM
If I ever see you posting in the proshop Ozgolf mod. Well. There will be trouble.

WBennett
23rd May 2014, 04:07 PM
If I ever see you posting in the proshop Ozgolf mod. Well. There will be trouble.

I took that as a Mod +1'ing.

BAN HIM (or her if its Shaz)

TheNuclearOne
23rd May 2014, 06:40 PM
The pro shop is a privilege, not a right, bitches.

:lol:

Archi
26th May 2014, 09:20 AM
just bought something else via a pm

and learnt about this new fan dangled - gifting in paypal !

coalesce
26th May 2014, 10:05 AM

How do you get to 50 if you need 50 posts before you can post?

Webster
26th May 2014, 11:04 AM
just bought something else via a pm

and learnt about this new fan dangled - gifting in paypal !

Mods, surely there should be a 150 post minimum for PM's so as to avoid this sort of loophole behaviour?

Monsta
26th May 2014, 11:30 AM
Well there is 15mins of my life I will never get back (reading this thread)

Its simple, when you join a group (any group) you try to fit into that group. You dont join a club/group/forum and demand that they bend to your wishes.

Its not rocket science people, the mods run the show and they say 150 posts, get to 150 and stop carrying on like little girls (unless you are Spud, then its just natural to behave like that)

Marto65
26th May 2014, 11:34 AM

Its simple, when you join a group (any group) you try to fit into that group. You dont join a club/group/forum and demand that they bend to your wishes.

Its not rocket science people, the mods run the show and they say 150 posts, get to 150 and stop carrying on like little girls (unless you are Spud, then its just natural to behave like that)

+1. (even the Spud part)..

Yossarian
26th May 2014, 01:16 PM
Mods, surely there should be a 150 post minimum for PM's so as to avoid this sort of loophole behaviour?

Probably time to remove PM's altogether.

I have 150 posts and object to being treated like a child in terms of not being able to see what new members may have for sale and then deciding if I want to buy it.

Monsta
26th May 2014, 01:27 PM
I have 150 posts and object to being treated like a child in terms of not being able to see what new members may have for sale and then deciding if I want to buy it.

Is it "being treated like a child" to follow rules/guidelines Yoss?????

Yossarian
26th May 2014, 01:27 PM
That question doesn't really make sense.

ZENNON
26th May 2014, 01:31 PM
lol

Marto65
26th May 2014, 01:45 PM
You must be getting close Zennon .... how many more posts do you have to make?

AndyP
26th May 2014, 02:06 PM
Changed to 500.

Peppas
26th May 2014, 02:12 PM
Changed to 500.

Nice, changing the goal posts!!!! haha!!

Dotty
26th May 2014, 02:16 PM
Changed to 500.
I dare you to make 500 per item.

BenM
26th May 2014, 02:25 PM
Changed to 500.

Magnificent.

coalesce
26th May 2014, 02:50 PM
Changed to 500.

Well played :)

ZENNON
26th May 2014, 03:30 PM
Changed to 500.
I actually just laughed out loud in the office

Monsta
26th May 2014, 03:32 PM
I actually just laughed out loud in the office

Dont say that Zennon, it will make AndyP think that he is funny...........

ZENNON
26th May 2014, 03:43 PM
Judging by his last two posts (a (http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/39289-Tapatalk?p=1114561&highlight=#post1114561), b (http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/39984-How-many-posts-to-post-in-the-pro-shop?p=1114592&highlight=#post1114592)) - he is a funny (and fair) man
#pleasedontchangeitto500 :mrgreen:

EDIT: POST 150!!
*Zennon runs to the pro shop to start scamming peeps*

coalesce
26th May 2014, 03:45 PM
Judging by his last two posts (a (http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/39289-Tapatalk?p=1114561&highlight=#post1114561), b (http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/39984-How-many-posts-to-post-in-the-pro-shop?p=1114592&highlight=#post1114592)) - he is a funny (and fair) man
#pleasedontchangeitto500 :mrgreen:

What a suck-up!

ZENNON
26th May 2014, 03:49 PM
What a suck-up!
Whatever no-signature loser :P

Wenz
26th May 2014, 04:00 PM
Whatever nosignature looser :P

It's almost taken you a year since joining to get 150. LOOOOSER!

How do you get to 50 if you need 50 posts before you can post?

50 posts somewhere else in the forum?

Johnny Canuck
26th May 2014, 04:01 PM
"Looser" is a word normally reserved for Rubin's anus.

I believe you mean "loser"

ZENNON
26th May 2014, 04:11 PM
It's almost taken you a year since joining to get 150. LOOOOSER!
Quality over quantity mate

coalesce
26th May 2014, 04:12 PM

:roll:

Monsta
26th May 2014, 04:12 PM

Why are you still here Zennon??????

Thought you would've set up camp in the proshop by now...... :wink:

Wenz
26th May 2014, 04:14 PM
lol

Quality you say?

coalesce
29th May 2014, 05:11 PM
Whatever no-signature loser :P

Not anymore :)

Ferrins
30th May 2014, 06:51 AM
:roll:

01:17:22 I know, they're sweet, but, dude, what's mine say?

Time - Phrase
01:17:18 -Yeah, but what does mine say? -"Dude"!

01:17:20 -What about mine? -"Sweet."

01:17:22 I know, they're sweet, but, dude, what's mine say?

01:17:25 "Dude"!

01:17:26 -What about mine? -"Sweet"!

ZENNON
30th May 2014, 07:43 AM
Haha

PeteRH
6th June 2014, 12:33 AM
damn, thanks mate, 150 posts is high.
You're not kidding. I have been a member since 2011 when it was 25 posts or so to post. Then it jumped to 50 and now 150????
F$&@ at this rate I won't be able to sell all the rubbish I bought off you guys until 2026

PeteRH
6th June 2014, 12:34 AM
You're not kidding. I have been a member since 2011 when it was 25 posts or so to post. Then it jumped to 50 and now 150????
F$&@ at this rate I won't be able to sell all the rubbish I bought off you guys until 2026

+1

TheNuclearOne
6th June 2014, 12:36 AM
+1

+0? Lol

PeteRH
6th June 2014, 12:49 AM
+0? Lol
Just trying to make a point ;). Some of us here are beginners who come here to learn and add something when we are able.
Seems like you can only buy sell now if you want to chat.
How about making it based on a word count like a school kids essay rather than the number of times he puts his tag on a friggin post it

Or years served?

Feelzy
6th June 2014, 12:49 AM

Hahaha. I thought it might take me a while too but it's really not too difficult. Just about finding an easy thread and putting in a quiet remark (like I'm doing now)

3oneday
6th June 2014, 06:49 AM
Imagine how many fuzzyjuzzy would have it was counted on words instead of posts.

Ferrins
6th June 2014, 07:18 AM
I have posted "I'll take it" over 150 times, does that qualify me for the Mardi Gras?

Dotty
6th June 2014, 07:28 AM
I have posted "I'll take it" over 150 times, does that qualify me for the Mardi Gras?
If you do, then you'll have to change your whole wardrobe.

Captain Nemo
6th June 2014, 07:35 AM
Dunno Dotty, Teva sandals go alright marching down Oxford st....

Dotty
6th June 2014, 07:37 AM
On the upside, he won't have any blisters as he walks home alone.

Captain Nemo
6th June 2014, 07:47 AM
Ferret alone.....please!

Webster
6th June 2014, 08:05 AM
So much cry baby in this thread.

The limit should reflect the number of posts in this thread. 157 and counting.

Yossarian
6th June 2014, 10:14 AM
Brown nosing the mods for immunity now Jack?

Webster
6th June 2014, 11:27 AM
Nup, wouldn't want to crash your party Yoss.

Jarro
6th June 2014, 02:15 PM
Maybe we should just do away with the pro-shop section altogether ??

coalesce
6th June 2014, 02:17 PM

Then there'd be no incentive to get to 150 posts!

Yossarian
6th June 2014, 02:18 PM

Could we do away with mods??

Jarro
6th June 2014, 02:18 PM
Then there'd be no incentive to get to 150 posts!

Yep

Jarro
6th June 2014, 02:19 PM
Could we do away with mods??

Nope....read my sig.

Yossarian
6th June 2014, 02:20 PM
That doesn't say anything about mods. Can you read?

Webster
6th June 2014, 02:22 PM
Yoss, we could just self mod, like the good old days.

ZENNON
6th June 2014, 02:22 PM
Hell no, not now that I finally have access!

ZENNON
6th June 2014, 02:25 PM
Nope....read my sig.
That is totally taken out of context and refers purely to ankle socks :wink:

Sydney Hacker
6th June 2014, 02:26 PM
So much cry baby in this thread.

The limit should reflect the number of posts in this thread. 157 and counting.

Great idea. 169 now!

Edit: Damn someone got in just before me, make that 170

Yossarian
6th June 2014, 02:27 PM
Yoss, we could just self mod, like the good old days.

I don't think we could. I can't even be trusted to buy or sell golf gear.

Jarro
6th June 2014, 02:28 PM
I don't think we could. I can't even be trusted to buy or sell golf gear.

It's a sad, sad predicament isn't it ?

sms316
6th June 2014, 02:31 PM
Nope....read my sig.
That sig is dribble.

Steve57
6th June 2014, 02:46 PM
The whole site would be dribble without the Proshop!

Buzz
6th June 2014, 04:16 PM
What's wrong with a healthy dose of dribble in your day?

PeteRH
6th June 2014, 06:30 PM
It is replies like that keep me reading these non-golf related threads. LMAO.

Maybe we should base it on quality of posts ???

graham_w
6th June 2014, 06:42 PM
Maybe we should base it on quality of posts ???

If it was based on quality, noone would have access.

Shreko
6th June 2014, 07:40 PM

:razz:

Yossarian
6th June 2014, 08:23 PM
It's a sad, sad predicament isn't it ?

What is sad predicament Jarro? For you I imagine it is a computer with Pornhub up and running but on a desk that is 7 foot high and no seat or step ladder in easy reach.

TheNuclearOne
6th June 2014, 09:10 PM

I heard a little rumour about 3 weeks back. Maybe it wasn't as such.

Jarro
6th June 2014, 10:35 PM
What is sad predicament Jarro? For you I imagine it is a computer with Pornhub up and running but on a desk that is 7 foot high and no seat or step ladder in easy reach.

Why make it personal Yoss ?

Yossarian
6th June 2014, 11:06 PM
Cause I'm a jerk.

Peter
7th June 2014, 12:08 AM
Yoss,

Is Jarro pro-jerk or anti-jerk?

Yossarian
7th June 2014, 09:04 AM
Peter,

That made me laugh quite loudly.

One would assume that he is heavily pro-jerk.

THEDUKEOFCORNWALL
18th July 2014, 06:31 PM
For some reason today the pro shop has disappeared from my tapatalk? What could the reason behind this? Never had a problem with posting in the pro shop before?

Cheers john

AndyP
18th July 2014, 07:43 PM
There haven't been any changes to the forum, DOC. I can still see it in Golf Talk > Pro Shop. Do the threads show in the unread area?

gameboy
23rd July 2014, 04:55 PM
i get the driver behind the 150 limit but it seems like a lot for people who don't post a whole bunch normally.

PeteyD
23rd July 2014, 04:58 PM
That is kind of the point.

Lagerlover
23rd July 2014, 06:47 PM
Th PM seems to be a nice bypass...

gameboy
26th July 2014, 08:46 AM
sure PM works but it is probably better for sales and trades to be in the open. you can be part of a community without being a voracious poster.

Outcast
26th July 2014, 01:41 PM
sure PM works but it is probably better for sales and trades to be in the open. you can be part of a community without being a voracious poster.

150 Posts is hardly voracious

Dotty
26th July 2014, 03:07 PM
The old bloke onselling fake Pings, or the rough one that didn't make the donation to charity (after a PIF headcover was sent to him) weren't voracious posters.

BenM
26th July 2014, 06:15 PM
The point is twofold really.

Firstly we don't want people treating the forum like a free place to sell stuff and hit and running all the time - particularly commercial sellers. The forum is a two way street - you give to it and it will give back to you.

Secondly it will hopefully reduce the risk of fraudulent behaviour.

One has to ask, is it achieving those aims, and if so, at what cost?

backintheswing
26th July 2014, 06:22 PM
I can tell you love this mod stuff Ben. Using 'we' straight away.

shazza_rs
26th July 2014, 06:23 PM
Hope he doesn't do it in the "NRL" thread ;)

BenM
26th July 2014, 06:28 PM

Well, I want the mods to be a team. We'll argue about stuff in the mod sections but I want us to be united in taking the forum in the right direction.

I must love it though - I'm away for a dirty weekend with the wife and instead of talking to her I'm on my phone smashing out posts on OzGolf!

Lagerlover
26th July 2014, 09:12 PM

3oneday
27th July 2014, 06:29 AM
I'm going to go the other way and say 10, 20, 100, 150 posts is useless given a couple of instances over the past year.

Using RoughRider as the prime example, I found him dodgy without even dealing with him, thus would never have bought anything off him.

Ferrins got burnt by someone else a year or two ago that I had successfully dealt with, sometimes unfortunately things happen.

Ozgolf has never been forced to take responsibility for the Pro Shop if people have been ripped off. Any person who is tempted to buy in the pro shop does so after their own investigations, look at previous sale item, length of contribution. They are all measures but why restrict, "most" people are adults here and can make informed decisions. Maybe that's the gripe, the limit is seen as childish?

If the 150 limit was designed to discourage spammers only, fine, you only need a 20 limit for that. If someone was to come in and post for a month, then try and scam people with some great sale, the buyers are the numbnuts.

If the assumption that simply because they've registered on ozgolf "they're legit", that's just a downright stupid expectation.

I don't believe the Pro Shop requires extra moderation just because you are removing the limit. God knows everyone will jump all over a spammer anyway :)

Maybe, just maybe, you should consider making photos mandatory for folks with under 12 months contribution rather than limit the number of posts. There are then other ways for buyers to confirm details, or have an ozgolfer go collect it etc etc.

Clearly I'm not fussed either way, but everyone should be allowed to at least buy, so open it up. It's not that big a deal.

PeteyD
27th July 2014, 07:20 AM
Good points and suggestions 3OD.

We didn't want to go to an extreme measure, like Overclockers where you can't even see the sale section until you have been a member for 6 weeks (I think). But maybe that is a better idea.

yoyo
27th July 2014, 07:37 AM
Yeh that would be i overkill for sure. Back 1.5-2yrs ago when i first joined i wouldnt have had that many posts but still valued seeing the proshop and bought a set of irons and a driver from there.

Daves
27th July 2014, 08:49 AM
To me, any "restrictions" would be about new members understanding and buying into the Ozgolf Proshop mentality on sales to fellow members, and nothing about keeping away any "shonks". The shonks part is always going to be a simple case of buyer beware.

I see a few that seem to think they have struck the "Mother Lode" when they join here, but don't seem to quite understand the 2 way nature of pricing etc here. Quite frankly, if you haven't got a track record of some participation or buy in, then I am very unlikey to deal with you, at any price. So restrictions don't mean a lot too me, and the PM system gets used plenty to bypass restriction anyway I can say with some experience!. The problem is then though how do you question a newbies intentions etc without it being seen as potential bullying by some? I have a background in Fraud/Audit management and a pretty good sense of when someone is legit or not, but I am very hesitant to be a policeman for such things.

AndyP
27th July 2014, 09:04 AM
Daves, you have captured the rationale behind it exactly.

There is no right number of posts for achieving it and no guarantee that it would for all members, but it goes towards the culture of helping out fellow OZgolfers.

wizard_of_oz
10th September 2014, 11:21 AM
What I'm finding almost hypocritical is that there are members who are making snide and condescending comments when a new user makes a post, immediately assuming that they are trying to bump up their post count so sell something. Perhaps the previous suggestion of having a time based criteria eg 6-8 weeks after registration to be able to sell would work better. No one would post dribble unnecessarily, no existing members would be cynical of any new threads/comments, and new users can willingly choose to participate in discussions and built a rapport if they choose to do so. And if not, that's fine too, they'll open a for sale thread and have a post count under 10 and people can choose to deal with them or not.

AndyP
10th September 2014, 11:36 AM
What I'm finding almost hypocritical is that there are members who are making snide and condescending comments when a new user makes a post, immediately assuming that they are trying to bump up their post count so sell something.
The cynical comments are when it is plainly obvious what the person is doing. Bumping a week old thread to add nothing to the thread, welcoming new users when you are new yourself are examples of this.

Perhaps the previous suggestion of having a time based criteria eg 6-8 weeks after registration to be able to sell would work better. No one would post dribble unnecessarily, no existing members would be cynical of any new threads/comments, and new users can willingly choose to participate in discussions and built a rapport if they choose to do so.
There is a time based criteria in addition to the post limit.
http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/34110-Pro-Shop-Guidelines-READ-THIS-FIRST!?p=1147767#post1147767

And if not, that's fine too, they'll open a for sale thread and have a post count under 10 and people can choose to deal with them or not.If that's what they want, then I think ebay and gumtree is a better option.

wizard_of_oz
10th September 2014, 11:59 AM
Noted on the time frame there Andy, I missed that new implementation.

3Puttpete
10th September 2014, 12:39 PM
What I'm finding almost hypocritical is that there are members who are making snide and condescending comments when a new user makes a post, immediately assuming that they are trying to bump up their post count so sell something.

It's not an immediate assumption. It's an informed conclusion.

Matt1979
10th September 2014, 12:53 PM
It's not an immediate assumption. It's an informed conclusion.

As a pretty new user to the site & have not to date ( maybe this will the first ..... ) received any snide or otherwise comments. For me, I am new to golf and got the bug pretty bad & have found people friendly and forthcoming with advise, hints help whatever realy comes up.

Personnally I can see why there are restirctions in place & also, it can be pretty obvious if someone is trying to boost up their posts. I can certainly see the sense in changes to adding in a "waiting period".

I am happy to enjoy the site and gives me a place to talk about a game I love, hopefully the topic of the pro-shop becomes a bit on a non issue & we accept what is in place & why.

davepuppies
10th September 2014, 02:45 PM
As a pretty new user to the site & have not to date ( maybe this will the first ..... ) received any snide or otherwise comments. For me, I am new to golf and got the bug pretty bad & have found people friendly and forthcoming with advise, hints help whatever realy comes up.

Personnally I can see why there are restirctions in place & also, it can be pretty obvious if someone is trying to boost up their posts. I can certainly see the sense in changes to adding in a "waiting period".

I am happy to enjoy the site and gives me a place to talk about a game I love, hopefully the topic of the pro-shop becomes a bit on a non issue & we accept what is in place & why.

Your profile says you have been a Ozgolf member for over 4 years? Join date may 2010? That is not new in my book, but I see you have only posted 150 times.

How new to golf are you?

Matt1979
10th September 2014, 03:05 PM
Your profile says you have been a Ozgolf member for over 4 years? Join date may 2010? That is not new in my book, but I see you have only posted 150 times.

How new to golf are you?

Had my first taste of golf 2010 - played for about 4 months (joined here and log on maybe a few times) -- then due mostly to work & being overseas with work, didn't play again until a few month ago. Have probably played 30 rounds of golf

mrbluu
10th September 2014, 03:07 PM
As a pretty new user to the site & have not to date received any snide or otherwise comments.

Sorry mate did mean to miss your posts ;-)

Matt1979
10th September 2014, 03:10 PM

feel left out now !! :razz:

Dotty
10th September 2014, 03:32 PM
After seeing Matty and Matt3Jab smash a golf ball, I too would be wary of winding up anyone with 'Matt' in their userid.

Shortylook
11th September 2014, 11:07 PM
Jesus Christ. I got destroyed from the get go. From my stupid remarks to my left handed posts, to my pissed comebacks to having my own thread(everyone got sick of my constant posting in the wrong place at the totally wrong thread) I love this place. Met some Wa golfers,some interstate guys and playing with guys I didn't know. almost spewed before I played at KTown , to buying 2 things. I've sent things out and got stuff for nothing.
Yea baby. Now if I was only half as good as lefty and Shaun.
Them pricks

G.K
12th September 2014, 05:25 PM
Ha ha. Pricks and Aholes. Cop it boys.

Glad I didn't play with Shorty! :lol:

............. Now if I was only half as good as lefty and Shaun.
Them pricks

I'm sure Lefty will be glad he didn't miss out on being called a prick this time around :lol:

Shortylook
12th September 2014, 09:40 PM
I'm sure Lefty will be glad he didn't miss out on being called a prick this time around :lol:
I guess that's why JC said I can't wear the kangol golf cap. To primitive and I'm a peice of shit. Horrible language, I appologise.i wish I was a 1/4 as good as them to guys. Legends

Johnny Canuck
13th September 2014, 01:32 AM
I guess that's why JC said I can't wear the kangol golf cap. To primitive and I'm a peice of shit. Horrible language, I appologise.i wish I was a 1/4 as good as them to guys. Legends

Don't sell yourself short.

driftn69
17th August 2015, 09:28 PM
I've been on here for around 2 months if that and would have been lucky to make 10 posts in that time. I log in every day for a read if jot more. Today I logged in to post a TM SLDR 4 hybrid for sale and couldn't do so for the above reasons. I'm not keen on eBay fees as I takes the sale not worth the hassle - however I have no chance of making the required specs to post the sale.

mrbluu
17th August 2015, 09:31 PM
I've been on here for around 2 months if that and would have been lucky to make 10 posts in that time. I log in every day for a read if jot more. Today I logged in to post a TM SLDR 4 hybrid for sale and couldn't do so for the above reasons. I'm not keen on eBay fees as I takes the sale not worth the hassle - however I have no chance of making the required specs to post the sale.
Today would have been easy to add some extra posts. You could have joined in on Jason Day's win or the Australia Cricket team or whatever.

If u do get stuck, Gumtree is free.

backintheswing
17th August 2015, 09:40 PM

Or you could have offered a red tie shaft in yoss' wanted thread* That would have got you a few more posts .

* it's not really a wanted thread

Johnny Canuck
17th August 2015, 09:47 PM
Or you could have offered a red tie shaft in yoss' wanted thread* That would have got you a few more posts .

* it's not really a wanted thread

I think Yoss was confused by the multiple red ties.

mrbluu
17th August 2015, 09:48 PM
I think Yoss was confused by the multiple red ties.
Is that what he wears while eating at his desk??

kiwitown
17th August 2015, 09:48 PM

Respond to my forgiving irons thread... Mate im not a huge poster either, but it's worthbthe effort you will get a good laugh and you'll spend a fortune on clubs...

Johnny Canuck
17th August 2015, 09:49 PM
Is that what he wears while eating at his desk??

While unintentionally wearing the same shirt as a coworker today :)

backintheswing
17th August 2015, 09:53 PM
While unintentionally wearing the same shirt as a coworker today :)

Don't they all wear the same shirt at IGA?

Johnny Canuck
17th August 2015, 09:55 PM
Don't they all wear the same shirt at IGA?

He was a boss, so he was above the commonfolk there.

He has graduated as is actually doing legal work now.

backintheswing
17th August 2015, 09:59 PM
I'm only taking the piss, I know he is all professional now.

mrbluu
17th August 2015, 10:01 PM
He was a boss, so he was above the commonfolk there.

So his desk wasn't a conveyor belt??

Johnny Canuck
17th August 2015, 10:02 PM
So his desk wasn't a conveyor belt??

A pile of milk crates is considered a fine desk in many third world countries.

mrbluu
17th August 2015, 10:05 PM
A pile of milk crates is considered a fine desk in many third world countries.
Milk crates make awesome couches as well.

KristianJ
17th August 2015, 10:40 PM
Milk crates make awesome couches as well.

And stumps for back dock cricket...

Dotty
18th August 2015, 07:14 AM
'Things that piss me off' thread and you'll get there easily.

1 post for the pro-shop restrictions, 1 post for the ebay fees and 1 post for 'jot' not being found by auto-correct.

Juan
18th August 2015, 07:25 AM
As a long time reader of this site, there seems to be so many little complaints about the posting rules and then there seem to be a whole lot of gatekeepers that maybe want to be moderators so they stick their chests out. Maybe it's an Alpha Male thing. I think it's cute that you boys have your own little cliques.

benno_r
18th August 2015, 07:25 AM

So you are saying, that for personal gain (in avoiding ebay fees), you want to try and sell your gear to a group of guys on a community forum that you don't want to interact with?

Call me a little insensitive maybe, but it's really hard to give a sh*t about your predicament.

markTHEblake
18th August 2015, 07:57 AM
Milk crates make awesome couches as well. And to stand on

benno_r
18th August 2015, 08:00 AM
As a long time reader of this site, there seems to be so many little complaints about the posting rules and then there seem to be a whole lot of gatekeepers that maybe want to be moderators so they stick their chests out. Maybe it's an Alpha Male thing. I think it's cute that you boys have your own little cliques.

No Alpha Males here. Just 300m driving, cigar smoking, eagle shooting pornstars.

Here's a meme.

I don't really have a clique though. Want to start one? Tell us a little about yourself Juan.

markTHEblake
18th August 2015, 08:05 AM
Juan is right though. Too many shout down the new guys too often. Give them a break.

Dotty
18th August 2015, 08:15 AM
It comes under Zero Idiot Tolerance.

They claim that they are frequent and long time readers, who after reading about half a dozen others that didn't reach 40 posts in 40 days, can't comprehend why it is happening to them.

Johnny Canuck
18th August 2015, 09:42 AM
Juan is right though. Too many shout down the new guys too often. Give them a break.
Agreed.

It comes under Zero Idiot Tolerance.

They claim that they are frequent and long time readers, who after reading about half a dozen others that didn't reach 40 posts in 40 days, can't comprehend why it is happening to them.

40 posts is nothing. If you can't contribute to the small level of 40 posts in order to use the site, it's probably not the place for you to buy and sell.

The pro shop is the home of quite a large number of good deals, which is why it is attractive to many. For it to work as it should, gear that is bought in the pro shop, should then be offered for sale in the pro shop before it is sold elsewhere. It keeps the cycle of cheap gear going.

If Joe Blow from off the street uses the pro shop as a buy and sell, this cycle is broken and the entire model breaks down. The 40/40 parameters are not much, but is does help prevent guys from swooping on a good deal and disappearing.

mrbluu
18th August 2015, 09:52 AM
Agreed.

40 posts is nothing. If you can't contribute to the small level of 40 posts in order to use the site, it's probably not the place for you to buy and sell.

The pro shop is the home of quite a large number of good deals, which is why it is attractive to many. For it to work as it should, gear that is bought in the pro shop, should then be offered for sale in the pro shop before it is sold elsewhere. It keeps the cycle of cheap gear going.

If Joe Blow from off the street uses the pro shop as a buy and sell, this cycle is broken and the entire model breaks down. The 40/40 parameters are not much, but is does help prevent guys from swooping on a good deal and disappearing.

Doesn't your answer to Dotty contridicts your answer to Blakey??

Johnny Canuck
18th August 2015, 09:53 AM
Doesn't your answer to Dotty contridicts your answer to Blakey??

To clarify, new guys in general can get treated harshly. I wasn't just referring to those trying to buy in the pro shop.

mrbluu
18th August 2015, 09:54 AM
To clarify, new guys in general can get treated harshly. I wasn't just referring to those trying to buy in the pro shop.

Gotcha

benno_r
18th August 2015, 10:03 AM

Only the guys who make it clear they are only interested in being here for the pro shop. We have seen 2 prime examples here in the last few weeks.

Example: Juan is getting on board the board and participating, I don't see anyone one shouting him down.

Juan
18th August 2015, 10:18 AM
Only the guys who make it clear they are only interested in being here for the pro shop. We have seen 2 prime examples here in the last few weeks.Example: Juan is getting on board the board and participating, I don't see anyone one shouting him down.Him?

benno_r
18th August 2015, 10:24 AM
Him?

GDay Juan, if disagreeing with your post about Alpha Males, posting an irrelevant meme and asking you a bit about yourself is "shouting you down", well, umm, yeah.

Johnny Canuck
18th August 2015, 10:38 AM
GDay Juan, if disagreeing with your post about Alpha Males, posting an irrelevant meme and asking you a bit about yourself is "shouting you down", well, umm, yeah.

Juanita?

TheNuclearOne
18th August 2015, 10:52 AM
Juanita?

I'm thinking so.

driftn69
18th August 2015, 12:26 PM
So you are saying, that for personal gain (in avoiding ebay fees), you want to try and sell your gear to a group of guys on a community forum that you don't want to interact with?

Call me a little insensitive maybe, but it's really hard to give a sh*t about your predicament.

Sorry champ, try re reading the post again. I never said anything similar to what your conveying.
All I'm Saying is that the requirements are difficult to reach for the average poster.
J didn't join the forum to post off topic junk, but rather a place to get helpful info. tips and advice on my game. It would be a bonus to sell a club I have no use for and could help someone on here gain something too.

backintheswing
18th August 2015, 12:27 PM
Sorry champ, try re reading the post again. I never said anything similar to what your conveying.
All I'm Saying is that the requirements are difficult to reach for the average poster.
J didn't join the forum to post off topic junk, but rather a place to get helpful info. tips and advice on my game. It would be a bonus to sell a club I have no use for and could help someone on here gain something too.

You must do a lot of reading to know that Benno is the ex NSW champ and current Qld champ.

mrbluu
18th August 2015, 12:39 PM

I actually thought you said exactly that.

There are tonnes of different topics in here that you can make comments and contribute.

There are different sporting threads, equipment thread, you can even create one to introduce yourself or add to something like this http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/12612-Your-ozgolf-username-a-backstory?

driftn69
18th August 2015, 01:01 PM
Lol. Wow, It's like trying to get a point through to a brick wall.

Ok let's try it this way...

Let's say like most people, I am part of numerous forums. Sporting, shaving, golf, computing, whirlpool etc. If I was to contribute like I need to here in all of them. It would be my full time job.