PDA

View Full Version : Cairns GC Course Management: City of Cairns

BUSHY
7th May 2014, 09:13 PM
Following on from my gapping topic, I'm posting the overheads of the Cairns GC along with my stats. Courty suggested to create this topic as both advice to me and the other Cairns golfers but also for those heading to the City of Cairns this year. These are screen grabs from Tour Caddie on my ipad and the stats are mine for 2014. Everyone's advice on how they would play each hole would be great.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/07/6asuga3e.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/07/ysamuze3.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/07/6ezy6y6u.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/07/gy2yvu9e.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/07/y8amyja6.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/07/epe6e9e8.jpg

BUSHY
7th May 2014, 09:15 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/07/a2uhemer.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/07/udu7a9eb.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/07/9umerupa.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/07/yma5aju8.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/07/qybejema.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/07/2emymaju.jpg

BUSHY
7th May 2014, 09:16 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/07/5u6yguby.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/07/yjugavur.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/07/e4u8a2yg.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/07/yva4ape7.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/07/pe9etytu.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/07/eqasu4e3.jpg

BUSHY
7th May 2014, 09:18 PM
http://www.ozgolf.net/images/CairnsGC_Mini_Course_Guide.pdf

Courty
7th May 2014, 09:59 PM
Here's my 0.02 worth (besides what I've already said in the course guide).

1. The safest play is whatever club leaves you short of left trap for widest part of fairway and best line into green. I usually hit hybrid and rarely get into trouble with it. The fairway trap is shallow and poses little threat.
3. Bomb it as far down as possible (over the trap if you can) as the green is best approached from on high with as short a club as possible due to the front of the green sloping away from the fairway.
4. May need to revise course guide if they change RHS from hazard to OOB.
6. Unless inside 200m after the drive, 2nd should be a layup short of the front bunker.
7. Best line off the tee is at the electrical towers in the distance.
9. I try to keep it on the RHS of the fairway as I just feel more comfortable approaching the green from that side for some reason.
13. Course guide will need re-wording as fairway palm is no longer there.
14. Aim at (hidden) fairway trap to avoid getting too close to LHS trees.
16. Avoiding the lake is easily done if you select a club that goes less than 200m off the tee. Otherwise aim just inside the mounds.

markTHEblake
7th May 2014, 10:11 PM
Thanks bushy. That overhead on 2 explains why it didn't work out so well hitting over the trees on the corner.

BUSHY
7th May 2014, 10:37 PM
Here's my 0.02 worth (besides what I've already said in the course guide).

1. The safest play is whatever club leaves you short of left trap for widest part of fairway and best line into green. I usually hit hybrid and rarely get into trouble with it. The fairway trap is shallow and poses little threat.
3. Bomb it as far down as possible (over the trap if you can) as the green is best approached from on high with as short a club as possible due to the front of the green sloping away from the fairway.
4. May need to revise course guide if they change RHS from hazard to OOB.
6. Unless inside 200m after the drive, 2nd should be a layup short of the front bunker.
7. Best line off the tee is at the electrical towers in the distance.
9. I try to keep it on the RHS of the fairway as I just feel more comfortable approaching the green from that side for some reason.
13. Course guide will need re-wording as fairway palm is no longer there.
14. Aim at (hidden) fairway trap to avoid getting too close to LHS trees.
16. Avoiding the lake is easily done if you select a club that goes less than 200m off the tee. Otherwise aim just inside the mounds.

Yeah 4 will be interesting if they make it OB down the right. From memory there was a push to do it a few years ago when residents were complaining of incoming mortars.

BUSHY
7th May 2014, 10:53 PM
1. Used to be lash a driver down there as close to the green as I can get, favouring the right side. Im going to change my tactic and hit 4-5 iron off the tee and see how the next 5 rounds go.

2. 3 wood to the top of the ridge.

3. Same as Courty, smash a driver as far and as straight over the top of the bunker on the left. Normally leaves a lob wedge to what I think is one of the trickiest greens on the course.

4. Straight is key for me here. Right is dead, left is almost dead. Normally into a head wind making the hole longer.

6. I try and cut the corner with a fade and get as far down as I can. Anything inside 220m is normally a go for me but I'm going to alter my tact here too. If I dont have hybrid or less itll be a layup and a pw for the third.

9. Depending on performance to this point I'll take driver or 3 wood. A very well protected green, raised, bunkers on three sides with a nasty slope from back to front, steep drop off up the back. The shorter club in the better.

12. I've always taken driver here just in case I get it down far enough to reach in two. In all my comp rounds Ive probably been on in two less than 10 times. I'm going to take 3 wood off the tee and make sure its in the middle for a while. The green is similar to the 9th but much smaller with a bigger ridge in the middle creating 2 levels.

13. Smash it as far as I can, always go for the green in 2.

14. Used to be 3 wood but the strategy will be changing to iron or hybrid off the tee to allow a better stance in the fairway.

15. 3 Wood to the centre fairway leaving a longish uphill second. I hate the trees on the right with a passion.

16. Depending on the wind this will be either a 3 wood to 3 iron down the right side aiming at the mounds.

18. Usually with the prevailing breeze at your back I tee it high and try and fly it over the hill that splits the landing area to give me a good flat lie. The smart play might actually be 3 wood short of the ridge, layup to full wedge and play third from there. Another tricky green especially if the pin is at the front which runs away to the right.

I'll need to write a plan down for this Saturday and see how it plays out.

Courty
8th May 2014, 06:05 AM

I'm two groups behind you so I'll try & keep an eye on how it works out for you. ;)

mike
8th May 2014, 07:29 AM
Bushy, some pretty girlie distances with the driver. You should swing harder.

BUSHY
8th May 2014, 10:28 AM
I'm two groups behind you so I'll try & keep an eye on how it works out for you. ;)

Hopefully we can finish before dark. But 7:20 might be early enough. We'll see.

LeftyHoges
8th May 2014, 11:07 AM
Back off boys, I got this:

1. Driver all day. And if you think about hitting anything else, piss off softcock and take driver! Miss it as far right as you want. Aim at greenside bunker, if it leaks a little left you're still fine. Leave ball below the hole.
2. Take on the trees. Go long, go strong, over the centre. Play to centre of green unless you're in a very attacking mood and don't mind challenging putts.
3. Bunker, what bunker? Tree, what tree? (Actually this is true now as the tree is gone. Sad panda.) Solarmans tactic of missing left onto 6 is far better than missing right. Again, play to centre of green unless you're in a very attacking mood and don't mind challenging putts although a back of green pin is playable.
4. Regardless of OOB or Hazard, miss left. In the bunker is still OK if you have to. Do not, I repeat DO NOT go over the back. Leave ball below the hole.
5. 4 iron to lay up short of the bunkers, chip on, take bogey. **** of a hole.
6. Lash away. Wide as an airstrip. Unless you're looooooooooooooooooooooong aim for the left-side bushes in the corner of the slight dogleg, gives the best angle in. Don't miss second shot left.
7. Over the edge of the palms and long. Hit it well to carry the garden full of crap. Miss right for second. Watch for shitty clumps of grass on green, they tend to make people temporarily believe they're not your bunny any more.
8. Do yourself a favour and don't miss anywhere but short / short right.
9. Lash driver straight over the gum in front of you. Don't go anywhere near the left rough. Definitely keep ball below the hole. Avoid the front left trap as it entices the possibility of blading a ball into the carpark.
10. Unless into the breeze take on the right hand bunkers. Don't miss left or you'll get blocked out by the gums or into the hazard. Keep ball below hole with misses to the right easier than the left.
11. Carry the water and / or miss right for safety. Only a 7 iron so shoot for the flag all day long.
12. Wider than Bob's arse. Aim for the left trap. If right, hit a 20m hook 5 iron 190m onto the green to set up easy birdie. Don't go long, left or right and keep the ball on the same tier as the flag.
13. For ****s sake, don't miss left. You've got 100 metres from centre of fairway out to the edge of the 12th on the right and you go and hit it in the ****ing hazard left? You ****ing dolt.
14. Don't bother. Putt the damn thing all the way if you want to, you'll still make bogey.
15. I've never really figured out the best way to play 15, but I guess missing left is generally better than right, just makes the hole a metric ****tonne longer.
16. Take aim at the mounds on the left with hybrid. It'll have to be a hell of a slice to hit it in the piss from that line. Keep the ball below the hole, unless the flag is up the back where there is more room to play with. Watch out for the reverse swing.
17. **** of a green. Should be bulldozed and redone. Miss right is the ONLY option.
18. Lash it. Lash it with all your might. Leaves long iron or hybrid into a bitch of a green. Hit shank out of bunker onto 9 then make sumptuous up and down for par. Or if you're sensible you'll make sure you miss second shot right.

Iain
8th May 2014, 11:14 AM
What holes do you snap wedges on Lefty?

LeftyHoges
8th May 2014, 11:18 AM
What holes do you snap wedges on Lefty?

Cairns remains snap free for me to this point. I was damn close on the Saturday of CoC last year, and the choke on Sunday damn near pushed me over the edge too (1 under with 5 to play, finished 2 over)

However, were I to guess which holes they will be snapped on in the future I'd lay some serious money on 14. Backup bet would be 12, if I miss left, right or long.

Dcanto
8th May 2014, 02:02 PM
Cairns remains snap free for me to this point. I was damn close on the Saturday of CoC last year, and the choke on Sunday damn near pushed me over the edge too (1 under with 5 to play, finished 2 over)However, were I to guess which holes they will be snapped on in the future I'd lay some serious money on 14. Backup bet would be 12, if I miss left, right or long. I would also give odds on it happening on nine. A bladed bunker shot into the car park is a possibility. ;)

markTHEblake
8th May 2014, 07:20 PM
That 18 th green is frigging scary. First time I played it pin was right hand side, and I was in left bunker.

I chunked the sand shot and it only just made it out. About 30 seconds later had a tap in for birdie. Just kept rolling and rolling

I have no idea why I want to go back.

LeftyHoges
8th May 2014, 07:24 PM
That 9 th green is frigging scary. First time I played it pin was right hand side, and I was in left bunker.

I chunked the sand shot and it only just made it out. About 30 seconds later had a tap in for birdie. Just kept rolling and rolling

I have no idea why I want to go back.

The 9th green is damn scary, but I assume you're talking about 18? Unless you drove it 330m into the greenside bunker?

BUSHY
8th May 2014, 07:24 PM
Depending on the pin location 9 can be nightmarish.

markTHEblake
8th May 2014, 08:05 PM
but I assume you're talking about 18?

ummm, yeah. obviously. 9 slopes back to front not right to left.

Courty
10th May 2014, 06:10 PM

How did the change in tactics work out?

oldracer
10th May 2014, 07:56 PM
How did the change in tactics work out?must have been a cracker, still on the juice me thinks

BUSHY
10th May 2014, 11:36 PM
How did the change in tactics work out?

I'll have to rethink the conservative strategy. Some holes it worked and others it didn't. Took iron off the 1st and put it in the bunker, bogey to start. So holes 1,2,5,6, 13, 14,16 I made a conscious effort to be more conservative than normal and resulted in bogey, bogey,double, par, double, triple, birdie. Aggressive on 3,7,9,10,12, 18 which resulted in par, par, par, double(OB off the tee) , bogey, par. Played 4,8,11,15,17 passively for +1.

Just looking at that in a non-scientific manner would say I need to rethink my conservative approach to those holes.

markTHEblake
11th May 2014, 12:15 PM
I dont know if its a good idea to try to be conservative if you are not a conservative golfer.

BUSHY
11th May 2014, 01:03 PM
I dont know if its a good idea to try to be conservative if you are not a conservative golfer.

Yep, I think I learned that.

markTHEblake
11th May 2014, 01:08 PM
I am paranoid about hitting 3w off the tee. If I hit it scungy I have lost 50m instead of 20. I normally only hit less the driver if the trouble is ahead not the sides.

LeftyHoges
11th May 2014, 03:20 PM
Very curious, why be conservative on 6 and 13? Great birdie chances and even playing aggressive you'd make bogey at worst and even that would be once out of 4 or 5 times max.

BUSHY
11th May 2014, 05:10 PM
Well, after a wipe at 5 I put a drive to the fat of the fairway with the aim to layup. Talking with my partner about my attempted strategy we discussed our recent failures by going for it. The last few times both of us have made 6's more than once so he then decided to do the same. We were both about 100m out and he put it to 3ft, I was outside 10. He made birdie while mine lipped out. Easy stress free par and I HATE making bogey at 6.

13 is a different story. I wanted to try something different. It didn't work.

BUSHY
11th May 2014, 05:18 PM
Realistically both holes are going to be driver off the tee forever and decision made after that. You're 100% right though. Easy holes and I "should" be aggressive when it dictates after the tee shot. Perfect example was 12, great drive to the top of the hill, 4 iron which I missed the green to the right, pitched on and unfortunately a 3 putt from 15ft.

FuzzyJuzzy
14th May 2014, 05:57 PM
Ahhhh, getting all nostalgic reading this post and seeing all those aerials shots of the holes. I was a Junior Member at Cairns GC for a few years from 1996. Brett Wilson was the Club Pro back then. I was 12-years-old in '96, the Old Man would take me out to Gordonvale GC and teach me golf. Once I could half hit a ball, I got my Junior Membership at Cairns GC - $50 a year, still the biggest bargain I've had in golf I reckon! Played hardcore religiously for about two years - Mum would drop me out there after school, probably two times a week and I'd practice. One time she kind of forgot to me pick me up 'til a fair ways after dark...was just me and one of the birds from behind the bar waiting in the dark near the putting green. Was too young for beers, but they had killer chocolate milk at the bar:). Anyway, played heaps on the course, got down to a 21 handicap when I was 14, which I guess I thought was somewhat awesome, and even won one of the Saturday comps with 43pts. You know what I won? A freaking Breville toastie maker! Thought that was random as!
I drifted away from golf after a few years, played as hoc socially for a decade, then three years ago I got back into golf seriously. Anyway, I moved to Brisbane after high school, then on to Sydney in 2009, and haven't played or even seen Cairns GC since about 1999. How much has it changed since then, if any of you were members there back then? The latest changes I remember being made there was extending #12 into a par 5 by moving the green back and wisely putting the pond in front and putting the water hazard in on #16. They removed that big tree from the fairway on #3, did they? That tree made the hole a solid challenge. Anything else changed? Did they have to relocate the clubhouse or anything else when they widened Bruce Hwy? That was a hot topic of discussion while I was still there. The driving range looks great on the website...do they get good business at night? And I see the entrance is now off Portsmith Rd.
Such fond memories of my time there, going to the junior clinics on Saturday mornings. And being my first serious golf course, I thought the course was lovely.
- Sooooo many cut drives into the sticks off the 4th tee.
- sooooo many high scores on 5, I'd have to pipe my driver just to reach the green!
- sooooo many drives into the trees on the mound right of fairway on 7.
- sooooo many balls in the drink on 11.
- The 14th usually killed my scorecard, as did 15.

My best shot at Cairns was a 3-iron into the 4th green to 3ft for a rare birdie on that hole.
I'm back playing golf religiously again, since the start of 2012. Am obviously a much better golfer now and get around my home course, Liverpool in Sydney, on a high single figure handicap. I don't get back to Cairns often, but I would absolutely LOVE to head up and play a shitload of golf at Cairns GC. Thanks for the memories in this thread lads:).

razaar
14th May 2014, 06:33 PM
70's and 80's for me Fuzzy when it was the original course. Haven't seen the new track, but it looks too much course for me. The old track was too much course.

Courty
14th May 2014, 06:34 PM
Ahhhh, getting all nostalgic reading this post and seeing all those aerials shots of the holes. I was a Junior Member at Cairns GC for a few years from 1996. Brett Wilson was the Club Pro back then. I was 12-years-old in '96, the Old Man would take me out to Gordonvale GC and teach me golf. Once I could half hit a ball, I got my Junior Membership at Cairns GC - $50 a year, still the biggest bargain I've had in golf I reckon! Played hardcore religiously for about two years - Mum would drop me out there after school, probably two times a week and I'd practice. One time she kind of forgot to me pick me up 'til a fair ways after dark...was just me and one of the birds from behind the bar waiting in the dark near the putting green. Was too young for beers, but they had killer chocolate milk at the bar:). Anyway, played heaps on the course, got down to a 21 handicap when I was 14, which I guess I thought was somewhat awesome, and even won one of the Saturday comps with 43pts. You know what I won? A freaking Breville toastie maker! Thought that was random as!
I drifted away from golf after a few years, played as hoc socially for a decade, then three years ago I got back into golf seriously. Anyway, I moved to Brisbane after high school, then on to Sydney in 2009, and haven't played or even seen Cairns GC since about 1999.

We may well have crossed paths somewhere along the line. I was a junior member ($50!) from the late 80s to early 90s.
Was it the hot barmaid that ended up marrying the Scott (one of the younger pros)? She was the subject of many a dream in my teen years. 8)
I remember those chocolate milks too, they were freakin awesome! They were so good I found out what they used so we could buy it for home. I think it was called chocolate cordial or something, made somewhere locally.
Brett was still the pro up until only 18 months ago when the cancerous committee refused to renew his contract. The new guy was an apprentice under Brett once upon a time, and seems to be doing a decent job so far.

How much has it changed since then, if any of you were members there back then? The latest changes I remember being made there was extending #12 into a par 5 by moving the green back and wisely putting the pond in front and putting the water hazard in on #16.

The majority of the routing remains the same as you would remember it. I think the main difference would be the 9th. The new tee is back and to the right of the old one so it now plays as a dogleg instead of straight (the social tees are still on the original tee box), and the green is now further back and higher with deep bunkers on both sides. Any other changes are more cosmetic (a few garden beds/ mounds etc). The super we got a few years back has made massive inroads in the presentation of the course, but it still suffers significantly in the wet season.

They removed that big tree from the fairway on #3, did they? That tree made the hole a solid challenge.

There was a couple of trees there. The big pine got blown over by one of the cyclones a couple of years ago, and the other mongrel thing got cut down only a matter of weeks ago.

Anything else changed? Did they have to relocate the clubhouse or anything else when they widened Bruce Hwy? That was a hot topic of discussion while I was still there.

A few years ago a generous donation from a member allowed the completion of the remaining cartpaths. There has been significant work around the clubhouse, which has remained in its original place. A new pro shop was built alongside the new range. A second practice green is directly behind the 10th. The clubhouse itself (inside & out), the carpark and some of the surrounding area has all been given a big facelift and is greatly improved. Unfortunately they put the club back into six figures of debt to get there.

The driving range looks great on the website...do they get good business at night? And I see the entrance is now off Portsmith Rd.

It's pretty good, and is well-utilised most days. The night time crowds vary with the seasons but it can get packed out on winter evenings. The entrance changed (10+ years ago) when Main Roads closed off the highway entrance in preparation for the roadworks which are only just being completed now.

Such fond memories of my time there, going to the junior clinics on Saturday mornings. And being my first serious golf course, I thought the course was lovely.
- Sooooo many cut drives into the sticks off the 4th tee.
- sooooo many high scores on 5, I'd have to pipe my driver just to reach the green!
- sooooo many drives into the trees on the mound right of fairway on 7.
- sooooo many balls in the drink on 11.
- The 14th usually killed my scorecard, as did 15.

My best shot at Cairns was a 3-iron into the 4th green to 3ft for a rare birdie on that hole.
I'm back playing golf religiously again, since the start of 2012. Am obviously a much better golfer now and get around my home course, Liverpool in Sydney, on a high single figure handicap. I don't get back to Cairns often, but I would absolutely LOVE to head up and play a shitload of golf at Cairns GC. Thanks for the memories in this thread lads:).

Good to hear. Let us know if you come up & we'll be sure to join you for a round or 3.

FuzzyJuzzy
22nd May 2014, 04:26 AM
Thanks for all of that Courty. I'll definitely give you a hoy if/when I'm next heading to Cairns with my sticks:). Cheers, FJ.

LeftyHoges
22nd May 2014, 11:59 AM
Getting ridiculously keen for this, and I'm not even confirmed as going! :lol:

BUSHY
22nd May 2014, 05:20 PM
Fingers crossed it'll stop raining before then... ;-)

FuzzyJuzzy
22nd May 2014, 10:12 PM
Fingers crossed it'll stop raining before then... ;-)
Been bucketing up there, has it? Good old tropics:). I was a Member at Cairns GC when Cyclone Justin came through - wasn't a massive cyclone, but it knocked the course round a bit...

BUSHY
25th May 2014, 06:44 PM
Last week I think the course got almost 100mm on it. Been sunny and windy all weekend though which is good. Only needs 1 good week. Dare I say it but touch wood the rain has finally stopped until hopefully December.

Courty
24th May 2015, 09:58 AM
Revised the course guide after some minor course alterations (tree removals and greens rebuilds). You can download it here (https://www.dropbox.com/s/90z3qpyv6c7hww6/Mini%20Course%20guide.pdf?dl=0).

Hard_Pan
3rd June 2015, 10:19 PM
I'm in Cairns on Thursday the 11th for a conference and thinking about hitting this track hopefully by about 1.00ish.. Can anyone local advise what the light is like this time of year and whether I can leave it any later to still get 18 in (i'll have a cart). Cheers.

BTW the course guide is great. Thanks!

Courty
4th June 2015, 06:17 PM
I'm in Cairns on Thursday the 11th for a conference and thinking about hitting this track hopefully by about 1.00ish.. Can anyone local advise what the light is like this time of year and whether I can leave it any later to still get 18 in (i'll have a cart). Cheers.

BTW the course guide is great. Thanks!

There's enough light for sure. I just played the front 9 this arve, teeing off about quarter past 4. Even waiting on a few holes we were comfortably done at around 5:30. You could probably stay on the course another half hour past that before light became a serious issue. The biggest problem you'll face would be the Thursday arve ladies comp. Their last tee time (as of just now) is 12:34, so if you're on your own or in a cart you may catch up pretty quick. You might be able to go off the 10th depending on what time you get there and whether the morning ladies have made the turn or not.
I may be able to make it to play the 2nd 9 with you if you're looking for a course guide.

Hard_Pan
4th June 2015, 09:19 PM
Great intel Courty ta! And yes, having a course guide would be great. I'll keep that in mind as the date approaches. I'll decide whether to tee off a little later or go off the 10th before the ladies first group reaches it on the day, depending on whether the conference finishes on time or not. Will keep you posted, Cheers!

Hard_Pan
10th June 2015, 02:36 PM
Well, Courty if you're still up for it, I'm booked in for 18 with a cart at 1.45 tomorrow. Have no idea how long it might take me to get 9 done but if you are still interested, I can pm you my number and we can tee something up.

Courty
10th June 2015, 04:04 PM
PM sent.

Hard_Pan
12th June 2015, 05:04 PM
Thanks to Carty and Bushy for a fun round at the Cairns GC yesterday! Warm welcome outshone the (unseasonal), damp conditions. The hills courses here in Adelaide have got a lot to learn about drainage from the groundspeople up your way (are you listening Echunga?); despite the rain, the greens were quite playable and there was no sign of any mud and not one plugged lie.

As promised Carty, I've had another look at your Mini Course Guide and can say that it reads pretty true - except that maybe you should add that aiming for the electricity towers on the 15th is dependent on the clouds in them thar hills! :wink:

Had a brilliant day fellas despite the unseasonal weather.

Highlights included, hitting off on the signature 11th (reminiscent of the 16th at Augusta), holing out on the 18th out of a bunker and most of all, the great company.

Hope to do it again soon!

BUSHY
12th June 2015, 05:31 PM
It was a pleasure, I'm glad I could get out there and play a few holes with you guys. It's always good putting faces to names.

As you say it's a shame the weather has been unseasonably wet. But the company was good and the golf was a joy. Til next time.

Courty
12th June 2015, 07:59 PM
Pleasure was all mine! I will always try my best to get out for a hit with a visiting OZgolfer, even when they bring shit weather with them. ;)

As Bushy said, it's a shame the conditions were as they were, but it was still good to catch up & get some golf in. Hope to see you for a round again one day, or maybe at the VIC Champs (hint, hint 8)).

FuzzyJuzzy
14th June 2015, 07:05 PM
I may be going back to Cairns to catch up with family over Christmas this year. If I do, I'll be aiming to play Cairns GC twice, ideally in comp rounds. Will let you FNQ blokes know later to the date of it happens. Would be very keen to get back onto Cairns GC, where my journey into golf mediocrity began:).

Courty
14th June 2015, 09:11 PM
Looking forward to it already, FJ!

BUSHY
14th June 2015, 09:12 PM
Me too. It's always good to catch up with fellow OzGolfers.