PDA

View Full Version : Distance fitting in Melbourne

aym
6th May 2014, 02:19 PM
Hi All,

I saw a recent video from "Mark Crossfield whereby he had his Mizzy's fitted by distance, I assume his used his launch monitor hit some balls and marked his yardage on his club rather than relying on iron number.

I thought this was a great idea and looking to do it myself, does anyone know where I can get this done in Melbourne? or do I just need to go to Albert park and pay for a lesson but just to use their launch monitor?

Thanks in advance!

aym
6th May 2014, 02:37 PM
just realised the post might be in the wrong section, please move it mods if required, thanks!

hardboiled
6th May 2014, 02:48 PM
Crappy range balls won't help. Maybe try royal Melbourne? They've got a trackman and their range balls are Srixon XV's.

3Puttpete
6th May 2014, 02:57 PM
Doesn't playing golf do this?

aym
6th May 2014, 03:53 PM
Crappy range balls won't help. Maybe try royal Melbourne? They've got a trackman and their range balls are Srixon XV's.

Will they let me in ?:P

hardboiled
6th May 2014, 03:54 PM
I think u can still book a lesson and use the trackman

aym
6th May 2014, 03:54 PM

To some extend, not enough tho.

Scifisicko
6th May 2014, 03:57 PM
Have you got a range finder? Park on Lakeside drive at the 4th hole, hit 3 or 4 balls from under the gum tree in front of the ladies tee (i always wonder why the ladies are expected to hit over a tree). Stand in the middle of the grouping and range the gum tree. Its nice and wet at the moment so you wont get much roll. If you go mid week around lunch time the course is deserted.

timah!
6th May 2014, 05:51 PM

This ^^

Or, go to your course on arvo, stand at the 150m mark and ping some balls at the green. Work out what club reaches it.
Then, step forward or backwards 10 steps and work it out...

aym
8th May 2014, 09:30 AM
thanks guys, but the above all seems too hard... maybe I'll just book a lesson but use their trackman instead..

mrbluu
8th May 2014, 09:33 AM
thanks guys, but the above all seems too hard... maybe I'll just book a lesson but use their trackman instead..

Trackman is good, but nothing beats real world conditions, off grass with your normal game balls.

timah!
8th May 2014, 09:52 AM

Seems too hard? :S

aym
8th May 2014, 09:57 AM
Trackman is good, but nothing beats real world conditions, off grass with your normal game balls.

I can always use range ball to play ;P

Seems too hard? :S

Yeah my commitment to golf is limited to driving range and game day, probably why I haven't improved as much as I should..

timah!
9th May 2014, 12:46 AM
So how do you decide what club to hit now? If you're 150m out, what do you hit?

navierStoked
9th May 2014, 11:29 AM
If you're free on Thursdays I have a launch monitor you can use. Out of interest; if you found the gaps to be uneven, would you be looking to adjust lofts/lengths? Or do you just want to know how far each club goes..