PDA

View Full Version : Why the lessons and correct swing posture LOL!!

andylo
13th February 2006, 01:42 PM
Was practising on Saturday nite.... started my 1st lawn bowling shot with a topped 7 iron :oops: and the rest of the 4 shot.... knowing that usually if I scale down my back swing I will do better, I just do a half swing and a long follow thru trying the gain the feel back... then instead of expected solid impact I got this semi thin airborne shot with horrible impact noise. :(

Try to hit down more, then I get fat shot :( Then try shorter iron I start lawn bowling again! :oops: Ok I try longer club then become a series of fat shots. And at the end I took out my 3 wood and tee it up and I still thin the shots! And thats like 40 balls gone, with 3 clubs (SW, 7i and 5i) throw to the middle of the range and lots and lots of frustration!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

Just before I am about to snap all the clubs left in the bag clo suggest me just hit as hard as I could and see what happen. I told her I probably will miss hit the ball and kill someone next to me but I still do so anyway.... and the end result.... STRAIGHT as arrow :|

WTH is going on?! I dunno, I over swing like John Daly if not less and my body coil and everything totally out of control. I smash the 7 iron about 170 meters straight :twisted: and the 3 wood over the back fence in Willawong! They all went bloody straight and once I try to do a normal swing I crap all over it again!

After another 40 balls of heavy smashes and a twisted sore back and talking about it with clo, both of us laughing about it but got no explaination....

---------------

So Sunday, went back the same place, do the normal swing and hit the shots perfect :| try over swing and I crap the ball all over the place.

:roll: :roll: :twisted:

Golf's gay!

p.s.: but I still love it.

BrisVegas
13th February 2006, 01:48 PM
I crap the ball all over the place.

Golf's gay!

You said you had a sore back. How's your ar$e? :confused:

3oneday
13th February 2006, 01:56 PM
maybe it was a bad curry ?? ;)

:lol:

AndyP
13th February 2006, 01:57 PM
You're a clown, A-Lo. Stop worrying about learning the perfect swing, and start learning how to play golf.

Trung
13th February 2006, 02:06 PM
AP must be a slow learner............stucked at 12/13 hcp for the last 2 years. :twisted:

andylo
13th February 2006, 02:15 PM
You said you had a sore back. How's your ar$e? :confused:

Nothing... still look sexy :lol:

AndyP
13th February 2006, 02:39 PM
AP must be a slow learner............stucked at 12/13 hcp for the last 2 years. :twisted: You don't see me at the range several nights a week trying to improve either. It's a rarity to see me at the range at all.

I rate 16 to 12, as a better improvement than 27 to 22 as well.....

andylo
13th February 2006, 02:52 PM
You don't see me at the range several nights a week trying to improve either. It's a rarity to see me at the range at all.

21 Actually ;)

Grunt
13th February 2006, 02:53 PM
You don't see me at the range several nights a week trying to improve either. It's a rarity to see me at the range at all.

So my improvement this year if it comes to fruition will be better than last year?

AndyP
13th February 2006, 03:08 PM
21 Actually ;)
So you have a good round and you don't even share it with the forum now.
Yet you are quite happy to moan and b!tch about your supposed swing problems.

You need to change your way of thinking, Andy.

andylo
13th February 2006, 03:25 PM
So you have a good round and you don't even share it with the forum now.
Yet you are quite happy to moan and b!tch about your supposed swing problems.

You need to change your way of thinking, Andy.

It wasn't a good round. I can do another 6-8 shots less than that! I shanked a 6 iron, lipped out a 1 feet birdie putt and lipped out another 4 par putts. Played absolutely crap on back 9 and shot 90 instead of 84 I expected.

Then the next day I start thin all my practise shots.... so what the hell I can happy about?!?!

AndyP
13th February 2006, 03:29 PM
It wasn't a good round. I can do another 6-8 shots less than that! I shanked a 6 iron, lipped out a 1 feet birdie putt and lipped out another 4 par putts. Played absolutely crap on back 9 and shot 90 instead of 84 I expected.

Then the next day I start thin all my practise shots.... so what the hell I can happy about?!?!
Yep, that's the way, you keep turning those positives into negatives. I'm beginning to think you are a lost cause.

andylo
13th February 2006, 03:32 PM
Yep, that's the way, you keep turning those positives into negatives. I'm beginning to think you are a lost cause.

Ok, you tell me what are the (possible) positive?

AndyP
13th February 2006, 03:50 PM
Ok, you tell me what are the (possible) positive?

lipped out a 1 feet birdie putt
You must have hit a good shot or a couple of good shots to have a 1 foot birdie putt. Can't remember the last time I had one of those.

Played absolutely crap on back 9 and shot 90 instead of 84 I expected.
Sounds like you played well on the front nine then.

Look at the negatives after the game, determine where you need to improve, then forget about them.

andylo
13th February 2006, 03:55 PM
You must have hit a good shot or a couple of good shots to have a 1 foot birdie putt. Can't remember the last time I had one of those.

Sounds like you played well on the front nine then.

Look at the negatives after the game, determine where you need to improve, then forget about them.

Err ok.... if you put it this way I had a 300 meters and a 320 meters drive thanks to tail wind and hand pan fairway.... basically the 300 meter drive set up the 1 foot birdie I lipped. Driver, half SW.

The 320 meter drive was cool... it was a 460M par 5.... no many chances you can do you 2nd shot with a 9iron and fly the green....

Had a 39 on front 9... and it was suppose to be a more difficult 9 then the back 9.....

then I suddenly realise I don't have the ability to connect what started well and I manage to screw it all up at the end.... :lol:

Fishman Dan
13th February 2006, 06:32 PM
You're a clown, A-Lo. Stop worrying about learning the perfect swing, and start learning how to play golf.

Here we go again..... I thought this sort of outspoken behaviour was frowned upon around here?

AndyP
13th February 2006, 07:14 PM
Here we go again..... I thought this sort of outspoken behaviour was frowned upon around here? Really?
Is the term 'clown' offensive? I can tone it down.

Jarro
13th February 2006, 08:40 PM
keep up the good work A-Lo ... I LUV YA :mrgreen:

Jono
13th February 2006, 08:57 PM
Alo, just smash every ball as hard as you can. When you think you are swinging at 100%, swing harder. I've got a friend who's an orthopaedic surgeon ... I'll start referring Ozgolfers like yourself and get a commission ... 8)

Seriously, Alo ... Stop being so impatient. You are not going to get results overnight. Keep practising the control swing.

BTW, little birdie tells me that you are trying to sell the set of RAMS that I kindly donated to the "TURN ALO THE HACKER INTO ALO THE GOLFER" fund ... :(

Fishman Dan
13th February 2006, 09:08 PM
Really?
Is the term 'clown' offensive? I can tone it down.

Some clowns might take offence ;)

Jarro
13th February 2006, 09:12 PM
Some clowns might take offence ;)

shudup you clown :roll: