PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing 28th April

dunteachin
30th April 2014, 05:16 PM
27 points (15/12) but strangely I'm not unhappy with my game today - played okay and putted better than I have lately, but still had too many three putts - had a bit of bad luck on some holes - medal on Saturday should be a test

Shortylook
30th April 2014, 07:01 PM
98 at Harvey golf course today, had my mp-59's back in the bag and they felt great. The greens weren't very nice with heaps of sand still on them from coring, super slow like my sand greens. Some silly shots cost me, should of chipped out from the rough but I thought I had a good gap, well 10 meters backwards and further in the poo was a 7 on a par 4. Silly. But happy

Matt 3 Jab
2nd May 2014, 02:10 PM
Par event. -2. Dynalign putting worked well. I felt I putted well but a poor chipping and wedge game cost me big time. Otherwise I hit it ok.
7/14 fairways
10/18 greens
35 putts

Really having a hard time getting into birdie positions from 100 and in.

Iain
2nd May 2014, 02:24 PM
Redland bay, black marker.

40/40 for a 80, 70nett. Thought I hit the ball quite well. Didn't hit driver that well at the start, but it came good towards the end. Irons were solid, even though I didn't hit many greens, I wasn't that far off on another 4 or 5.

Had an unlucky penalty on 18, somehow hit a 54* wedge 110m off a bare lie with a 3/4 swing (no it wasn't a blade).

7/14 fairways
5/18 greens
29 putts
1 penalty
6/8 u&d

Shortylook
2nd May 2014, 03:11 PM
Nice shooting Iain

Slothman
2nd May 2014, 04:32 PM
Great shooting Iain. If I can have a day like that tomorrow I would be stoked.

highballin
2nd May 2014, 06:05 PM
Played in corporate Golf day ambrose. Our team had a combined handicap of 4.75 38/8

Tough Par 70 course set up for Sat monthly medal and pins were very tight. Heavy Rain and wind for half the day.

We had 8 birdies no bogeys as a team considering the conditions I thought we played enormous.

We had net 57 1/4. Did not finish in the top 3. Net 51 won Net 52 second net 55 third.

Buzz
3rd May 2014, 04:37 PM
So many Ambrose burglars.

aussieashley
3rd May 2014, 04:52 PM
85/79 in first round of our Club Champs for me today. Didn't hit it too bad, just played some stupid shots. Hit one OB and a few in the water.
Course was wet and windy so it was a bit tough out there.

BenM
3rd May 2014, 05:01 PM
Another day, another choke for me. Was +9 after 14 which is a couple under my handicap. Hit some great golf shots at times, scrambled pretty well when I didn't.

Finished 8-8-5-5 (+9) for 90/78.

FML. Glad I'm not playing pennant tomorrow.

Tossie
3rd May 2014, 05:36 PM
A disappointing 30 points at Calliope today. 3 wipes on the front and another 3 on the back, imagine what could have been.

highballin
3rd May 2014, 06:25 PM
So many Ambrose burglars.

Yeah played my arse off for nothing. Then today played like an arse for nothing.

Hatchman
4th May 2014, 01:09 AM
I'll start by saying F**k, F**k, F**k

27 hole Open @ Kapunda
I screwed up my chances of winning for the second year running but at least this time I wouldn't class it as a choke like last year.
Course was wet and sloppy after 2 days of heavy rain and it was very windy making the course play difficult. I hit solid driver, nailed 3 wood into our 391m 15th and came up 20m short.
Hit the driver like snot and paid the price big time every time I missed one bad. Hit a heap of pitch shots fat and short and stubbed a number of chips. Have never played so many recovery shots in one round.
Hit the irons like darts and putted my a$$ off to keep me in hunt for a large portion of the day, pitty I didn't have the ball in play more often to make use of the way I was striking them. Holed 2 ten footers for doubles and another 3 from 8-10 foot to save bogeys. Lost one ball after hitting a tree a long way down just off fairway. Another group found my ball 80m away across the other side of the green on the hole along side after I played the hole out with another ball.

Thought I would need even par for the last 9 and was square with the card after 4 on three of our four hardest holes. Shanked a chip on the par three to drop 1 than put one over the fence on the par 5 and made a triple to end any hope. Turns out I was right, square that nine would have won it by 1. Finished up 3 off tie for a play off.

3 doubles, 1 triple, 1 wet ball, 1 lost and 1 over the fence.

Finally I've had enough crap rounds this year to get my GA out to 4.0 which gets me out to 5 next game at home.
Glad I never nominated this one for this months fireball.

hocko
4th May 2014, 12:05 PM
This is what we had to putt on yesterday!
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/04/jejequre.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/04/ymyhymah.jpg
Regardless, I had a nett 72 which included 3 three jacks, go figure.
Missed one fairway all day.
It was Monthly Medal day and as per usual the guy who won shot 96 gross.
We need to have graded events!

Hatchman
4th May 2014, 04:02 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/04/jejequre.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/04/ymyhymah.jpg

Couldn't agree more.
Have previously seen clubs play monthly medal in grades. Final played at end of year in grades also.
No best on day. Best in grade prize all the same.

hippo10
4th May 2014, 05:14 PM
Won my first monthly medal with a scrappy round that was saved by the putter.

Jackson
4th May 2014, 05:18 PM

Is that at Melville? Pretty ordinary if so.

I had 34 points today, still having putting woes, 36 putts with a 4 putt on 18.
Hit driver ok for once though. I feel that a good score is just around the corner!

KristianJ
4th May 2014, 05:44 PM
35 points at Richmond today (20/15). Blustery conditions, so I should be somewhat happy.

But after starting with 6 pars, I dunked one in the water on the 7th (2nd time in 3 rounds), hit a weak tee shot on 8 and 3 putted the 9th after a very good 180ish metre hybrid into the wind to about 25 feet.

4 x 1 pointers on the back, and blocked my 2nd on 14 into the lake.

On the upside, GA cap's down to 9.3...

JADO75
4th May 2014, 05:49 PM
Congrats on the singles hcp Kj, hardest part is getting there, it's a piece of piss now brotha

Johnny Canuck
4th May 2014, 06:09 PM
39 points. Knew I needed a birdie birdie finish to beat Jeffo as he had me in a count back and I decided to invoke my inner retard strength on a 10 foot bird on 17 and ended up 3 jacking. Birdied the last with the eagle stopping 3 inches short. I broke rule #1, never leave an eagle putt short.

Back down to 3.7. Hit pretty much every fairway after pulling the first 3.

Two straight rounds with no provisionals, which is a great reason to buy a new driver.

Johnny Canuck
4th May 2014, 06:11 PM
Big congrats to Jeffo on his first Saturday comp win.

Only my club would have a perpetual trophy called this:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/04/ynuvahav.jpg

JADO75
4th May 2014, 06:20 PM
As a proud black man I'm offended that there's a trophy named after a tree

highballin
4th May 2014, 06:32 PM
35 points at Richmond today (20/15). Blustery conditions, so I should be somewhat happy.

But after starting with 6 pars, I dunked one in the water on the 7th (2nd time in 3 rounds), hit a weak tee shot on 8 and 3 putted the 9th after a very good 180ish metre hybrid into the wind to about 25 feet.

4 x 1 pointers on the back, and blocked my 2nd on 14 into the lake.

On the upside, GA cap's down to 9.3...

Well done Kristian on getting to single figures.

Jackson
4th May 2014, 06:43 PM
Stay classy Kwinana

benno_r
4th May 2014, 06:46 PM
37points at Calliope today. Been playing very ordinary lately, not helped by taking non golfing holidays and too much work. Teed off before the sun at 6:15 and froze my arse off for the first 5 holes. Started with a nice par, but then the cold really set in and doubled the next 2 holes. Generally just scrambled around until the 8th hole, where I played 8-14 for 2over.

Ghey weak fade is back in the driver which sucked, but my putting came good on the back nine with 12putts. Played with i5 irons for the first time in a while, and my distances were out, which lead to a lot of iron shots within a few feet of the front of the greens. Need to spend a bit of time figuring out the new distances.

37 points 88/71 (par 72)
7pars / 7bogeys / 3doubles / 1other (in the piss twice)
7/13 fairways
1/18 GIR
27 putts
2 penalty

KristianJ
4th May 2014, 09:25 PM
Well done Kristian on getting to single figures.

Congrats on the singles hcp Kj, hardest part is getting there, it's a piece of piss now brotha

Thanks fellas. The wind played its part in getting the DSR 2 shots higher than scratch rating, so that helped a little bit.

I think I'll be more content when I'm playing off a daily handicap of 9 on a decently rated course, but pleased that the number is inching its way down.

Courty
5th May 2014, 06:07 AM
Won my first monthly medal with a scrappy round that was saved by the putter.

Congrats, hippo!

I had a scratchy round in the Monthly Medal for an 81/75. I probably would have been happy with it had I not doubled one of the easiest holes on the course (8th).

BUSHY
5th May 2014, 08:01 AM
Congrats, hippo!

I had a scratchy round in the Monthly Medal for an 81/75. I probably would have been happy with it had I not doubled one of the easiest holes on the course (8th).

How long did your round take? Ooh double on 8 hurts.

I matched great golf with very poor golf that I put down to the slowest game I've ever played. After some of the waits I was swinging like a busted a..hole. Our group got away 6minutes after our scheduled tee time and took 5:45. 4-5 groups didn't finish because of darkness including the captain and Vice Presidents group. Highlight was my short game though.

Marto65
5th May 2014, 08:22 AM
36 Holes Club Foresomes Championship on Sunday..

Par 70 - My partner (off 3) and me (of 6) had 81-82.

We drove the ball really well, but couldn't hit greens in the tricky conditions. Then we struggled around the greens. In the end, 1 birdie, 1 double bogey, 22 bogeys, 12 pars. No penalties. No lost balls.

Probably the worst score we could have had for how we hit it..

BenM
5th May 2014, 08:23 AM
5hrs 45 mins... FMD!!!! I'd be ready to smash something!

(My 78 nett went down as a flagged round due to the stableford calcs (32pts) and a DSR of 73. Actually lost .1 for it. Ha!)

Waddzy
5th May 2014, 08:24 AM
I might give up soon .. 98/88 first round of club champs. forgot how to hit the ball at all , found low hooks which I have never had before , high cuts which is normal for my bad swing and plenty of thin and topped shots.. Shot 55 front 9 with a 9 , a couple of 8's and some 7's. 43 on the back was simply OB/hazard ball off the tee and making solid bogeys. Thank god I changed my fireball round to next week.. Although I dont see it being much better.

Courty
5th May 2014, 08:26 AM
How long did your round take? Ooh double on 8 hurts.I matched great golf with very poor golf that I put down to the slowest game I've ever played. After some of the waits I was swinging like a busted a..hole. Our group got away 6minutes after our scheduled tee time and took 5:45. 4-5 groups didn't finish because of darkness including the captain and Vice Presidents group. Highlight was my short game though.5:20 from memory. We teed off only about 2 minutes late, but were held up severely starting from the 2nd (when we were waiting in the fairway for the group in front to putt, there was 2 groups waiting on the 3rd tee). Irish told me after the round that he pinged 16 players for failing to make the 1st tee in time. Also, the group in front of us were all penalised on completion as they had fallen 22 minutes behind the group in front. Dave (the Marshall) told us that the delay started due to successive groups losing balls on the 3rd. I hope they got penalised as well. This weeks newsletter should be an interesting read.

BUSHY
5th May 2014, 09:17 AM
5:20 from memory. We teed off only about 2 minutes late, but were held up severely starting from the 2nd (when we were waiting in the fairway for the group in front to putt, there was 2 groups waiting on the 3rd tee). Irish told me after the round that he pinged 16 players for failing to make the 1st tee in time. Also, the group in front of us were all penalised on completion as they had fallen 22 minutes behind the group in front. Dave (the Marshall) told us that the delay started due to successive groups losing balls on the 3rd. I hope they got penalised as well. This weeks newsletter should be an interesting read.

I heard the same thing. None of the groups that lost their balls called up and because it happened in succession it compounded the problem. When I got to 3 there were 3 groups on the tee one in the fairway and one on the green. By the time I teed off there was us and 3 groups waiting. The group in front of us, D. Hannay and R. Wynn made a slow day excruciating.

On 3 one hits OB, reloads and when walks off goes and looks for his OB ball for 5 minutes. Then can't find his re-teed ball. Then on 4 the other one hits it 45* right over the trees, retees and does the same, 45* right over the road then goes looking for it way up near the 150m marker and takes his drop up there the cheating prick. Then on 8 both hit it in the piss, one retees and puts it on the green the other puts his second in the piss as well. Then goes to look for it just in case then comes all the way back to the tee hits again without saying a word. Useless, useless, useless. I was so angry I had to lay down and let my mates tell me when we could hit on almost every shot. In the end I was getting 3 beers every time the drink cart went past.

Jackson
5th May 2014, 08:06 PM
He took a drop from OB?

Dcanto
5th May 2014, 08:49 PM
How long did your round take? Ooh double on 8 hurts.I matched great golf with very poor golf that I put down to the slowest game I've ever played. After some of the waits I was swinging like a busted a..hole. Our group got away 6minutes after our scheduled tee time and took 5:45. 4-5 groups didn't finish because of darkness including the captain and Vice Presidents group. Highlight was my short game though. I was in the group in front of the Captain and VP. It was ridiculous, at one point there were 3 groups banked up on the 3rd tee waiting to tee off. The pace of play improved a bit on the back nine but it was still very slow.

BUSHY
5th May 2014, 09:59 PM
He took a drop from OB?

No red peg hazard on right of fourth. The OB was right of three.

mike
5th May 2014, 10:57 PM
Isn't Cairns like that every Saturday?

mrbluu
5th May 2014, 11:04 PM
Well done hippo and kj

davepuppies
5th May 2014, 11:18 PM
Well done KJ on reaching single figures!

hippo10
6th May 2014, 10:22 PM
Thanks guys. Nice to have a good round when it counts for a change. Just worked out that I only managed to hit 6 greens for the day and 3 fairways in a round of 3 over....

navierStoked
8th May 2014, 05:09 PM
Net 75... Which I was very happy with given my preparation: leave disco 9am, beg for a lift, tee off 10am. I don't think I hit a fairway; at least lot the right fairway. I actually hit every fairway on the course just from the wrong tee.